2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Owl29 said:
We had a discussion in other topic about is there minimum income requirement when sponsoring a spouse in Quebec province?
No. When an application includes only a spouse (no children or dependents), then Québec does not have a minimum income. However, just as with CIC for other cases, Québec needs to establish that the sponsor is not bankrupt, in default, or dependent on social services for reasons other than disability.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
KayMoo said:
I would like to apply Outland while I'm back in Ireland to get married but will it affect my working visa when we go back in September?
No, temporary status is unaffected by an open application for permanent residency. You can still "temporarily reside" in Canada on a work or study permit without impact. This is in contrast to the United States, where many temporary visas expressly forbid "dual intent" and can be revoked.

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Hello everyone!

This is a great forum.

My questions are:

1. If my ID doesn't expires and the number is different to my passport. What date do I have to put? It doesn't allow me validate the IMM008 form because It doesn't have a date.

2. If I apply outland, Can I go to visit my husband in Canada with my visitor visa? Do I have to send the passport with the application or just the copies?

Thanks a lot for any help!!

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
hello,
are there any requirements for minimum income for the sponsor for inland spouse sponsorship?
I think so far it was only that the sponsor cannot be on welfare and go under bankruptcy.

Before coming here I googled the topic and found only an outdated article from 2014 April which says this is still the case but The government is also considering a minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner - See more at: http://www.immigroup.com/news/minimum-education-and-income-requirements-spousal-sponsorship-canada#sthash.xjfmrNSE.dpuf

has this ever happened since 2014 april? I cannot find more info on it...
also what if a baby is born into the family? does it have any impact on minimum income requirement?

thanks for the help!!

thompson84

May 27, 2015
Hello everyone!
This forum has been such an incredible resource for information. Thank you! I do have a few thoughts/questions I would like to share in hopes of obtaining a bit of clarity. I'm an American and my wife is Canadian. We got married a month ago! She is currently an elementary school teacher and I'm a 'non' ticketed carpenter.
We are hoping/planning to submit our application by the end of July.

A quick question I have is about renewing my passport before we submit our application. My passport expires October of 2016. Should I renew it before we submit our app? Will it present any barriers if I don't and just wait to do it the spring/summer of 2016?

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
If it were me, I would renew now, am sure it's fast like Canada. Then you avoid any miscommunication over updating information with cic.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
I POSTED THIS EARLIER BUT NOBODY ANSWER .. PLEASE I NEED YOUR VALUABLE ADVICE

I am sorry to post this topic here . I don't know where to post my question in this great forum . Please i need your advise with the following questions .

1- How much money can i transfer into Canada after i became a PR ?
2- Is there a limit to that amount?
3- Is it being taxed or not?
4- I heard that within 2 years of getting a PR you can transfer any amount of money without being taxed ? but after 2 years , you have to pay taxes .
5- If i transfer money , is being taxed in future ?

thank you .
looking forward to hearing from you

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
I would ask on Google. Sometimes it takes you to exact place on forum where that topic discussed. Or you will see other answers.

master2015

Jun 19, 2015
Hello,
i need some advice and help with a situation.

i have applied for sponsorship of spouse in Canada. i filed all the application myself as it was pretty straightforward. we did all the medical and completed all the steps.
However few months ago her passport expired, i was emailed from CIC to get a new passport and to pay for right of residence fee . so i applied for new passport and sent over the copy of passport as requested well within the 30 day limit. i also sent over the right of residence fee.
i did this via email as requested , and i received an automatic confirmation email each time.
i even called the customercare center to make sure, they basically told me that if anything , the CIC would contact me immediately.

Now today i received a rejection letter for my spouse application due to the reason they have not received her renewed passport within that 30 day time frame.
im pretty stressed over this and not sure what to do.

Please if anyone has any answers or can help ?

thanks in advance.

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
Catherine27 said:
Hello everyone!

This is a great forum.

My questions are:

1. If my ID doesn't expires and the number is different to my passport. What date do I have to put? It doesn't allow me validate the IMM008 form because It doesn't have a date.

2. If I apply outland, Can I go to visit my husband in Canada with my visitor visa? Do I have to send the passport with the application or just the copies?

Thanks a lot for any help!!
1. You cannot validate the application in that case. My husband had the same issue with ID card so he didn't validate it. He just left that area blank and then manually wrote in "N/A" (not applicable) in the expiration date section.

2. Yes you can visit your husband with your visitor visa while the application is with the CIC. Also, originals are not to be sent unless specified. So in that case, you have to send a copy of your passport. You are only required to send in the actual passport when a passport request is made.

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
GG_wife said:
hello,
are there any requirements for minimum income for the sponsor for inland spouse sponsorship?
I think so far it was only that the sponsor cannot be on welfare and go under bankruptcy.

Before coming here I googled the topic and found only an outdated article from 2014 April which says this is still the case but The government is also considering a minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner - See more at: http://www.immigroup.com/news/minimum-education-and-income-requirements-spousal-sponsorship-canada#sthash.xjfmrNSE.dpuf

has this ever happened since 2014 april? I cannot find more info on it...
also what if a baby is born into the family? does it have any impact on minimum income requirement?

thanks for the help!!
There is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship... Also a baby being born does not impact minimum income because there is none. You can be unemployed and still sponsor your spouse (child or no child). My income is extremely low. I just had a child and I still was approved as a sponsor.

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
master2015 said:
Hello,
i need some advice and help with a situation.

i have applied for sponsorship of spouse in Canada. i filed all the application myself as it was pretty straightforward. we did all the medical and completed all the steps.
However few months ago her passport expired, i was emailed from CIC to get a new passport and to pay for right of residence fee . so i applied for new passport and sent over the copy of passport as requested well within the 30 day limit. i also sent over the right of residence fee.
i did this via email as requested , and i received an automatic confirmation email each time.
i even called the customercare center to make sure, they basically told me that if anything , the CIC would contact me immediately.

Now today i received a rejection letter for my spouse application due to the reason they have not received her renewed passport within that 30 day time frame.
im pretty stressed over this and not sure what to do.

Please if anyone has any answers or can help ?

thanks in advance.
I think you misunderstood the letter. As far as I know, once the right of residence fee is requested along with passport, it means a passport request (seniors please correct me if I'm wrong)... which means that your wife was required to send in the actual renewed passport by mail within the 30 day time frame.

I believe you can appeal this (not sure how to go about that though).

Sorry to hear about the rejection. Hope everything works out for you and your spouse.

acrobat

Jan 27, 2015
Hi all,

I finally got my visa and landing papers (Confirmation of permanent residence ).

Unfortunately the landing paper (Confirmation of permanent residence ) contains mistake on my birth-date.

What should I do and how much takes time till correct it ?

Anyone had same problem ?

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Can baby said:
1. You cannot validate the application in that case. My husband had the same issue with ID card so he didn't validate it. He just left that area blank and then manually wrote in "N/A" (not applicable) in the expiration date section.

2. Yes you can visit your husband with your visitor visa while the application is with the CIC. Also, originals are not to be sent unless specified. So in that case, you have to send a copy of your passport. You are only required to send in the actual passport when a passport request is made.
Thanks. I see you got your visa very fast!! congrats

master2015

Jun 19, 2015
Can baby said:
I think you misunderstood the letter. As far as I know, once the right of residence fee is requested along with passport, it means a passport request (seniors please correct me if I'm wrong)... which means that your wife was required to send in the actual renewed passport by mail within the 30 day time frame.

I believe you can appeal this (not sure how to go about that though).

Sorry to hear about the rejection. Hope everything works out for you and your spouse.
thanks for your reply, i double checked the letter they sent me, they only specifically mentioned to send a copy of the renewed passport. within the 30 days time frame. i think they have made mistake on their part.
i just dont know how to go about it now. there are no instructions anywhere about it.