ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am confused right now and really need some advice. I received my PNP from the Ontario government a week back which is valid till November 2015. I am currently on a Work Permit valid until 2017 and have a full-time job in Toronto.

I am going to get married in Feb 2016 with a girl I have been dating for 3 years. I have enough data to prove it’s not a marriage of convenience. She already has a tourist visa to Canada so she can travel with me to Toronto once we get married. My confusion is about how do I go about applying for my PR and her PR in the best way possible. I want her to accompany me in Feb (for which I guess the tourist visa is sufficient) and be in a position where she can start working as soon as possible.

Is the below sequence possible? Forgive my ignorance if this does not make any sense
1. I apply for my PR using my PNP in November
2. I go to India, get married in Feb
3. She comes with me since she has a tourist visa
4. I update my PR application (which would still be in processing) to indicate I am now married and include her in my application
5. Now that her PR is in process, she is in Canada and her spouse has a work permit till 2017, she applies for a work permit. (will she get a work permit?)
Please advise me if the above sequence is possible and if not, what are my other alternatives?
Looking forward to hearing back from you guys.
Thanks

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
ashpur88 said:
Hi guys,

I am confused right now and really need some advice. I received my PNP from the Ontario government a week back which is valid till November 2015. I am currently on a Work Permit valid until 2017 and have a full-time job in Toronto.

I am going to get married in Feb 2016 with a girl I have been dating for 3 years. I have enough data to prove it's not a marriage of convenience. She already has a tourist visa to Canada so she can travel with me to Toronto once we get married. My confusion is about how do I go about applying for my PR and her PR in the best way possible. I want her to accompany me in Feb (for which I guess the tourist visa is sufficient) and be in a position where she can start working as soon as possible.
If you and your bride-to-be have lived together for a year, then you may already be common-law partners. In that case, she should be included on your PNP/PR application.

If that is not the case and you land before the wedding, then you will land as a single immigrant and then sponsor her. That can only be done after the wedding, as a married couple.

If you land after the wedding, then she must be included on that application and undergo the regular immigration medical/criminality/background checks.

Getting her a tourist visa is not guaranteed, since it sounds as if your wife-to-be is from India, Indian nationals need a visa to enter Canada, and she will obviously have no particular reason to return to India at the end of her stay. Since you still have temporary status, your best bet might be to try to change the conditions of your work permit in order to include your wife, after the marriage. Then, she might be able to get a spousal open work permit. However, I am not personally familiar with the mechanics of this sequence of applications.

Regardless, it seems that you will most likely not go through the spousal sponsorship process for PR for your wife. The folks over on the "express entry" portion of the forums will probably have more up-to-date and accurate advice. In particular, I don't know how the PNP plus rounds of express entry will affect your plans to apply precisely in November.

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015; AOR2: 03-08-2015
Exactly my thoughts. Well said.

Majromax said:
So you don't have feelings for your wife, you do have feelings for a long-term girlfriend, and one of the first things you did after getting back to Canada after the marriage was commit infidelity?

Perhaps something is not coming across because of a language barrier, but this seems exactly like the kind of non-genuine relationship that CIC looks for.

Speaking personally, if my understanding of your situation is correct then your actions are morally reprehensible, both towards your now-wife whom you are not honoring and to your girlfriend who's commitment you have disavowed.

The legal standard is not merely a valid wedding, it is a genuine marriage relationship. Given what you suggest, your marriage -- despite being legally valid and presumably legitimate -- will look a great deal like one conducted solely for immigration purposes.

That you cannot document an ongoing relationship (because it doesn't really exist) will likely make your application more difficult.

Immigration lawyers have no power to speed up the process beyond simply ensuring that all the forms are filled out fully and accurately and by handling any further requests for information. Ordinarily, users here tend to advise against legal representation as a waste of money, but your circumstances are difficult enough that the general advice may not apply.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Hit the nail on the head there

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Majromax said:
If you and your bride-to-be have lived together for a year, then you may already be common-law partners. In that case, she should be included on your PNP/PR application.

/quote]

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll ask folks over on the other groups.

IB W8in

Mar 21, 2015
My application was received on April 13th. on the website it says, "decision made" for the sponsorship application status. Now the package is sent to Sri Lanka (Visa Office). They have contacted my wife to verify some information, like her DOB, when we got married etc. They have also requested from her copies of the PP's 'alteration observations' page. Which she is sending today.

Also we submitted her medical with the application, so the cic website also read "Medical Received"

Anybody else had to go through this? and Are we progressing well?

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IB W8in said:
My application was received on April 13th. on the website it says, "decision made" for the sponsorship application status. Now the package is sent to Sri Lanka (Visa Office). They have contacted my wife to verify some information, like her DOB, when we got married etc. They have also requested from her copies of the PP's 'alteration observations' page. Which she is sending today.

Also we submitted her medical with the application, so the cic website also read "Medical Received"

Anybody else had to go through this? and Are we progressing well?

From what I have picked up from this forum: Decision Made is generally a good thing. CIC doesn't reject applications without an interview or asking for more proof, so if you get DM without an interview, it almost always means your application is progressing nicely!

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
KelseyTVS said:
From what I have picked up from this forum: Decision Made is generally a good thing. CIC doesn't reject applications without an interview or asking for more proof, so if you get DM without an interview, it almost always means your application is progressing nicely!
can somebody tell me how much fee do i really have to pay online for OWP? I am having trouble right now. Ive seen $100 & $200.

Thanks a lot!

baba88

Jun 10, 2015
yaar majromax and friends, you guys make it sound like i am wrong and bad guy. you tell me brothers, i go back home, my parents forced me to marry this woman, all my family said this is a good thing to do and my gf back home is non muslim so i didnt have future with her either so i agreed to marry this woman for better future/happier family... but one thing i feel bad is that i betrayed my ex gf and lied to her about going on a vacation and hid my marriage and then didnt tell my new wife about my on going relationship either because i thought with time everything will be fine. But yes, i havent started sponsoring yet because i need to come up with money/documents first and get a job...but why is my case complicatedd? i have pictures and proof of marriage? arranged marriage is legal?

astopal

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have some question to ask following
1. wedding invitation card is necessary to submit with initial application,
2. i don"t have the phone bills, emails, etc as i just got back from Pakistan
3. i don't have the money recipients because the same problem i just got back and didn't send any money to my wife.
and my marriage is arranged to i don't have any communication with my wife before
so i don"t have these documents will they ask it at later stage?

kindly update somebody,,,,
thanx

adivas

Jun 24, 2015
I applied for PR sponsorship application on 11th May 2015 but no reply from CIC yet. Anyone know how does this process works. When do i get my acknowledgement letter and when can i apply for my open work permit.
Thanks

baba88

Jun 10, 2015
astopal said:
I have some question to ask following
1. wedding invitation card is necessary to submit with initial application,
2. i don"t have the phone bills, emails, etc as i just got back from Pakistan
3. i don't have the money recipients because the same problem i just got back and didn't send any money to my wife.
and my marriage is arranged to i don't have any communication with my wife before
so i don"t have these documents will they ask it at later stage?

kindly update somebody,,,,
thanx
BUDDY UR story isjust like mine, did u go back home n get married to someone u didnt know whom ur parents picked?

vicky2patel

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7,2014
File Transfer...
Dec 12,2014 transferred to NDVO
Med's Request
In-process on Oct 9,2015.
Med's Done....
June 2,2014, re-medical request on oct 11,2015.
Interview........
Waived as per GCMS-notes. Eligibility passed.
Passport Req..
Dec 14,2015.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23,2015. (Received passport with Visa)
LANDED..........
Jan 11,2016.
I have a Question Regarding my Spusal application

1) My file reached to Delhi on January 9,2015 and also received a letter from Delhi Consulate . They confirmed that they have received my spouse medical record.

2) Delhi consulate requested PCC certificate which was also submitted with the file and all fees have been paid off as well as.

It has been 6 months since then and i know i have a long way to go. Just how long before i hear anything from Delhi consulate?

what should i anticipate and how long (realisticly) will this process take now?

Thanks in advance.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
baba88 said:
yaar majromax and friends, you guys make it sound like i am wrong and bad guy. you tell me brothers, i go back home, my parents forced me to marry this woman, all my family said this is a good thing to do and my gf back home is non muslim so i didnt have future with her either so i agreed to marry this woman for better future/happier family... but one thing i feel bad is that i betrayed my ex gf and lied to her about going on a vacation and hid my marriage and then didnt tell my new wife about my on going relationship either because i thought with time everything will be fine. But yes, i havent started sponsoring yet because i need to come up with money/documents first and get a job...but why is my case complicatedd? i have pictures and proof of marriage? arranged marriage is legal?
You were dishonest with your girlfriend, your parents/family and your wife. At some point in your life you have to be your own man. Make your own decisions and take responsibility for them.

toffboss

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 May 2015
AOR Received.
15 Jun 2015
File Transfer...
13 Jul 2015
Med's Done....
15 Apr 2015
Passport Req..
23 Jul 2015; IN PROCES: 28 Jul 2015: DM: 6 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
19 Sept 2015
vicky2patel said:
I have a Question Regarding my Spusal application

1) My file reached to Delhi on January 9,2015 and also received a letter from Delhi Consulate . They confirmed that they have received my spouse medical record.

2) Delhi consulate requested PCC certificate which was also submitted with the file and all fees have been paid off as well as.

It has been 6 months since then and i know i have a long way to go. Just how long before i hear anything from Delhi consulate?

what should i anticipate and how long (realisticly) will this process take now?

Thanks in advance.
you should try to email or call them.