+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi every body... i need your valuable advice . am a permanent residence of Canada but currently am a broad . i will come for 20 days during this summer and i want to sponsor my wife while am inside Canada . My wife is from Syria and you know the conflict inside her country so i could not leave her alone (currently she reside in Jordan ) . I have three question :

1- if i submit the family sponsorship during this summer , how could the immigration officer knows that i am outside Canada?

2- you mention in your post that if the sponsor person live in a country other than the country of her nationality she can pick which of the two visa offices she want.Now she live in Amman , the average processing time is 24 month . can she choose (Rabat – Morocco) visa center (waiting time 8 month )???

3- is there any governmental priority for my wife case . she is a Syrian . how could i spped up my application ?

waiting to hear from you

thank you all

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
semos said:
Hi every body... i need your valuable advice . am a permanent residence of Canada but currently am a broad . i will come for 20 days during this summer and i want to sponsor my wife while am inside Canada . My wife is from Syria and you know the conflict inside her country so i could not leave her alone (currently she reside in Jordan ) . I have three question :

1- if i submit the family sponsorship during this summer , how could the immigration officer knows that i am outside Canada?

2- you mention in your post that if the sponsor person live in a country other than the country of her nationality she can pick which of the two visa offices she want.Now she live in Amman , the average processing time is 24 month . can she choose (Rabat – Morocco) visa center (waiting time 8 month )???

3- is there any governmental priority for my wife case . she is a Syrian . how could i spped up my application ?

waiting to hear from you

thank you all
1. Because you are not a Canadian citizen, you cannot sponsor her abroad; you must return to Canada and remain in Canada during the process. You can travel outside of Canada for brief stays (perhaps a couple of weeks), but anything longer than that could be problematic.

2. The applicant no longer has the option of requesting a visa office. CIC will make that determination.

3. Not that I am aware of.

Good luck!

mylav

Dec 31, 2014
Hi, I am spouse sponsorship applicant and currently in Canada as a visitor. Please advise me when i receive the application approve from my country visa office (application documents are already in Ukraine) am i obligated to return to my country to receive immigrant visa instead visitor visa to finish the process. as I know that I am obligated to move out the country, is it necessary to back to Ukraine or can i go to Canada-USA border (to neutral territory) and receive permanent resident card there with my visitor visa? thank you

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I applied via inland sponsorship application to sponsor my spouse. today i receive an email from CIC that we receive your application after 09 month of delivery date. They need me to update me about any change of address or birth, divorce etc. After i put up the application we have baby boy born after one month. My question is do i have to update this information to CIC as he is already carried Canadian passport and not required any PR to stay here. Please guide me in this regard and how to reply them. Thanks

Tinderlove

Apr 25, 2015
My wife (Canadian citizen) is sponsering me and we are applying Outland (us) which fees do we pay under family sponsorship: in Canada class or spouse, common-law, dependant children, other..? And if we decided to pay the fees while in canda would it be the same?

I look through the forum but can't find the answer. I may have missed it.

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
Tinderlove said:
My wife (Canadian citizen) is sponsering me and we are applying Outland (us) which fees do we pay under family sponsorship: in Canada class or spouse, common-law, dependant children, other..? And if we decided to pay the fees while in canda would it be the same?

I look through the forum but can't find the answer. I may have missed it.
You will pay this Tinderlove,

Sponsorship application, $75
Principal applicant, $475
Right of permanent residence fee, $490
TOTAL $1,040

Same amount inland or outland too

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Ponga said:
1. Because you are not a Canadian citizen, you cannot sponsor her abroad; you must return to Canada and remain in Canada during the process. You can travel outside of Canada for brief stays (perhaps a couple of weeks), but anything longer than that could be problematic.

2. The applicant no longer has the option of requesting a visa office. CIC will make that determination.

3. Not that I am aware of.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for your reply. I wish if there is any way to speed up her application because i cant leave her alone suffering in Jordan and her country suffering from the war . But you dont told me how could they now that am outside Canada. i can put my brother address and if the want to show them my intent to live permanently in Canada with my spouse , i can confirm this too .
Thank you

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
semos said:
Thank you very much for your reply. I wish if there is any way to speed up her application because i cant leave her alone suffering in Jordan and her country suffering from the war . But you dont told me how could they now that am outside Canada. i can put my brother address and if the want to show them my intent to live permanently in Canada with my spouse , i can confirm this too .
Thank you
If you leave or left Canada, they can tell this by the scan of your passport. Lying to CIC if caught will go against you in favor and may jeopardize your own PR status in Canada. I would not risk doing this if I were you.

jeswils

May 11, 2015
NEED ADVICE!!
I am Cdn citizen living in the UK, my boyfriend who I have known for 5 years is English and we have both been living together in the UK for the past 2 years making us common-law. We have our family class common law spouse visa application ready to submitted but now are wondering what too do while we wait for it to be processed. Is my partner able to come to canada with me while his application is being processed on a visitor or working visa? I am on a working visa in the UK that expires in September so will need to leave the UK in September. The wait time on the website for the London UK office is showing the waiting time as 28 months for the applicant's PR to be approved! could this be correct?!!? Basically we are looking for advice if you are able to help us. Also if I went home and he sayed in the UK we would no longer be common-law for that period - will our application be affected by this?! I guess our only option if so would be to move somewhere else but for 28 months is quite intense! HELP PLEASE! :)

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello,

I need EMERGENCY HELP.

I applied my case on 8th Aug 2014. Got remedical request on 28-05-2015 and in the letter from CIC it is clearly mentioned that I have 7 days to comply with the request.
I sent mail for appointment. but the appointment i have been given is after the 7 days limit. i have sent them many mails but they wont reply and give me any new appointment.
Can someone please guide me what to do as it is clearly mention in the letter that failure in complying with the request may result in refusal of my application.

request to all senior members for advice.

Is there anyone facing the same problem,??

Regards

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
jeswils said:
NEED ADVICE!!
I am Cdn citizen living in the UK, my boyfriend who I have known for 5 years is English and we have both been living together in the UK for the past 2 years making us common-law. We have our family class common law spouse visa application ready to submitted but now are wondering what too do while we wait for it to be processed. Is my partner able to come to canada with me while his application is being processed on a visitor or working visa? I am on a working visa in the UK that expires in September so will need to leave the UK in September. The wait time on the website for the London UK office is showing the waiting time as 28 months for the applicant's PR to be approved! could this be correct?!!? Basically we are looking for advice if you are able to help us. Also if I went home and he sayed in the UK we would no longer be common-law for that period - will our application be affected by this?! I guess our only option if so would be to move somewhere else but for 28 months is quite intense! HELP PLEASE! :)
Hiya, the posted timeline is severely skewed due to Pakistan applications being transferred to London Visa office to help with the backlog. Due to applications that were still ongoing since 2012 and so on its what elevated the time line to the length its at now. UK applications if straight forward can be processed within 7 to 10ish months approx?

I am a Canadian as well on a UK spouse visa and its set to expire in August therefore I too must go back to Canada in that time. I am headed back home to Winnipeg then. Do apply outland its recommended, if you are luck of the lotto and your application stays in Mississauga for the entire application phase you could get visa granted in maybe 4 to 5 months? much faster.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Salar123 said:
Hello,

I need EMERGENCY HELP.

I applied my case on 8th Aug 2014. Got remedical request on 28-05-2015 and in the letter from CIC it is clearly mentioned that I have 7 days to comply with the request.
I sent mail for appointment. but the appointment i have been given is after the 7 days limit. i have sent them many mails but they wont reply and give me any new appointment.
Can someone please guide me what to do as it is clearly mention in the letter that failure in complying with the request may result in refusal of my application.

request to all senior members for advice.

Is there anyone facing the same problem,??

Regards
Would you please quit posting the same thing in different threads of the forum ...It confuses people and you may not get the appropriate answer.

Send the VO an email stating that your appointment is made and the date it will be completed on.

Chris.

mylav

Dec 31, 2014
Hi, I am spouse sponsorship applicant and currently in Canada as a visitor. Please advise me when i receive the application approve from my country visa office (application documents are already in Ukraine) am i obligated to return to my country to receive immigrant visa instead visitor visa to finish the process. as I know that I am obligated to move out the country, is it necessary to back to Ukraine or can i go to Canada-USA border (to neutral territory) and receive permanent resident card there with my visitor visa? thank you

Tinderlove

Apr 25, 2015
d_j_heckford said:
You will pay this Tinderlove,

Sponsorship application, $75
Principal applicant, $475
Right of permanent residence fee, $490
TOTAL $1,040

Same amount inland or outland too
Thank you, but I was referring to when paying online there is a drop down menu and under family sponsorship. Which one do I select?

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
jeswils said:
NEED ADVICE!!
I just recently (lucked out) and had our application processed through Mississauga. I am Canadian, my CL partner is British. He had to return to the UK in December, but was able to return on a visitors visa in March, and was granted six months. We have since received our Permanet Residency documents, and will be getting a PR card shortly.

My advice is to join the London forum and read read read. I would return to Canada in September, and see if he cannot come with you as a visitor at that time. I would file sooner than September if your application is ready however. As to your question about being apart, we made notes in our relationship story to indicate that he had to return to the UK while he waited for residency in Canada, and that we intended to be together as soon as we legally could they didn't ask questions beyond that.

You could mention the intent for him to come to Canada as a visitor, or see if he can get a youth open work visa if you are both under 30 (I can't recall the specific visa) ? More senior members other than myself will have better advise.

As a CL couple, you will want to make sure you have plenty of proof of your relationship, including signed letters by a commissioner of oaths from friends and family supporting your relationship is genuine. I would suggest getting the medical ahead of time if you haven't already (we were advised not to, but IMO that was bad advise as it delayed our application)

I found this forum after we filed, and discovered that we made some pretty substantial mistakes in our application that could have been avoided by reading the links and such in the British/London thread. If I could do it over again, I'd have followed the advice on that thread to a T. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t49436.0.html;topicseen

Good luck :) Keep us updated