26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
mann2015 said:
hi everyone. i will be filling my application next week. i am PR in Canada and my wife is in India. i was planing to file the application and leave for India and than come back once shes issues Visa (along with her)
please help me with few questions.-
-when can i go back to India after filling the application ? is their any minimum time which i have to spend in Canada after filling application ? can they reject my file because am not present in Canada after SA ? can i leave for India after SA ?
am really worried about this.
As a PR you must reside in Canada throughout the process. You can go home for short vacations, but anything longer than that and you risk having CIC refuse your application.

Dashybashy

May 24, 2015
Hi All,

I hope you can help me out with a couple of questions. I would really appreciate it!

On the IMM5669E form
- In the personal history section do you need to include short holidays. I have taken multiple trips to Canada (longest 1 month) and I am unsure to include.

- In the date sections for 'From' 'To' if you are currently living in the address, working in that job etc. what should you enter in the 'To' box? Can you just leave it blank?

- When it asks for a list of your addresses can there be gaps or does all the time have to be accounted for?

Thanks!

SanaHumail

Mar 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
My husband is canadian citizen and my application for PR was submitted in feb 2015. File trabsferred to London visa ofc in april. I need to share my concern regarding visa processing time of London as mentioned on cic website. Earlier it was 11months but now it shows 28months. Does anyone knows anything about what to expect ?
Please reply

Regards.

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
HI Everyone,

Quick question on this line..

A computer printout of the most recent notice of Assessment (Option C printout) and computer printouts of all income slips (e.g., T4, T4E, T5, T5007) available from the Canada Revenue Agency are not attached.

What does this mean? I do have assessment from CRA so Can i take photo copy of this and provide? Or do I need the printout of Assessment from CRA site?

Also, after assessment do I still need to provide T4 and income slips?

Thanks

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Hitesh_001 said:
HI Everyone,

Quick question on this line..

A computer printout of the most recent notice of Assessment (Option C printout) and computer printouts of all income slips (e.g., T4, T4E, T5, T5007) available from the Canada Revenue Agency are not attached.

What does this mean? I do have assessment from CRA so Can i take photo copy of this and provide? Or do I need the printout of Assessment from CRA site?

Also, after assessment do I still need to provide T4 and income slips?

Thanks
If you are asking if you can submit the NoA then now. NoA is different from Option C and Option C cannot be printed and has to be ordered from CRA.

Tintin1984

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hi All,

We have a question and hope you don't mind helping, as we feel like we may have missed something obvious.

I'm from the UK, and my partner is a Canadian citizen, but has been living in the UK for over 10 years.

We've been seeing each other for 2 years, and living together for a year. We'd ideally like to try living in Canada for a year or two and if we decide we prefer the UK then we'll come back. I'm unable to apply to the Experience visa because I'm 31. I could get a 6 month holiday visa but although we have savings, we don't want to spend them on a long holiday, so need to work.

Is the best option for us to apply to the Spouse Visa? I work as a project manager, and this type of role isn't in high demand in Canada; therefore I don't feel we can apply to the express work visa.

Has anyone else been in this position?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

G

dylanjoel

Jan 14, 2015
Quick Question.
We are preparing to apply as Outland Applicants from US. My passport will expire in Oct. 2017. Assuming application is approved, will I be able to apply for new passport as a permanent resident of Canada? Will the expiration of passport terminate my P.R. status?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

dylanjoel

Jan 14, 2015
dylanjoel said:
Quick Question.
We are preparing to apply as Outland Applicants from US. My passport will expire in Oct. 2017. Assuming application is approved, will I be able to apply for new passport as a permanent resident of Canada? Will the expiration of passport terminate my P.R. status?
Thanks!
I came across this on the CIC website--
How long is a permanent resident visa valid?
A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents:
-- the medical results for you and your family members or
-- your or your family members’ passport.

Does this mean that I will be issued P.R. status until my passport expires?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
dylanjoel said:
I came across this on the CIC website--
How long is a permanent resident visa valid?
A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents:
-- the medical results for you and your family members or
-- your or your family members' passport.

Does this mean that I will be issued P.R. status until my passport expires?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
I think it also says "Whichever is the earliest expiry".
Which means PR Visa issued until your medical expiry date.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
dylanjoel said:
Quick Question.
Thanks!
Your COPR will be valid until either your medical expires or your passport expires. Then you will get your PR card, which is valid for 5 years. You are then free to renew your passport without issue.

imart_23

May 26, 2015
Hello, I'm having a big problem trying to figure out how to get my wife into Canada. She's Ukrainian but I was born in Canada and our son gets his Canadian citizenship from me. I don't know if it matters but we've also been married for over a year now. We would like to move to Canada so to better take care of our baby, speaking a foreign language has made it difficult, plus his grandpa is not doing too well and we would like for him to get to know his grandson before it's too late.

We're shocked a little that the processing time on the GIC website for getting permanent residency is up to 18 months. ??? Quite frankly that's way too long and I'm afraid we won't get the chance to spend time with my dad before she gets permission to live there. The real shocking part is that there is no suggestion for someone who is a spouse AND a mother, where in most countries care-taking mothers usually get a little leeway.

Is there anything we can do? She's not looking to work or take advantage of welfare or anything, we just need to figure out a way she can legally live in the country while her permanent residency is processed.

Code:
Any advice on this situation would be great!!!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
imart_23 said:
Hello, I'm having a big problem trying to figure out how to get my wife into Canada. She's Ukrainian but I was born in Canada and our son gets his Canadian citizenship from me. I don't know if it matters but we've also been married for over a year now. We would like to move to Canada so to better take care of our baby, speaking a foreign language has made it difficult, plus his grandpa is not doing too well and we would like for him to get to know his grandson before it's too late.

We're shocked a little that the processing time on the GIC website for getting permanent residency is up to 18 months. ??? Quite frankly that's way too long and I'm afraid we won't get the chance to spend time with my dad before she gets permission to live there. The real shocking part is that there is no suggestion for someone who is a spouse AND a mother, where in most countries care-taking mothers usually get a little leeway.

Is there anything we can do? She's not looking to work or take advantage of welfare or anything, we just need to figure out a way she can legally live in the country while her permanent residency is processed.

Code:
Hey,

That is the harsh reality and unfortunately spouses have to be separated until the process is completed. The only other option if you are doing an outland application is to apply then submit an application for a visit visa (I am not sure if Ukrainians need visit visa - if you do read on). The visa visa has its own set of rules, mainly the person will have to prove they have enough ties to their home country in her case Ukraine to show she will go back after the visit since the visit visa is usually given for 6 months.

Hope that helps.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
imart_23 said:

Code:
Where did you see 18 months? Kyiv has a posted time of 12 months, but the people I've seen through that VO have been done in much less time, from 4-8 months.

You can try for a visitor visa, but it's never a guarantee.

imart_23

May 26, 2015
MilesAway said:
Where did you see 18 months? Kyiv has a posted time of 12 months, but the people I've seen through that VO have been done in much less time, from 4-8 months.

You can try for a visitor visa, but it's never a guarantee.
Based on our current country of residence we have to apply to Vienna. I got 18 months based on 16 months wait time listed there plus 54 days for my eligibility check. If you're telling us the times on the web are grossly exaggerated I'll be ecstatic.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
imart_23 said:
Based on our current country of residence we have to apply to Vienna. I got 18 months based on 16 months wait time listed there plus 54 days for my eligibility check. If you're telling us the times on the web are grossly exaggerated I'll be ecstatic.
Yes 16 months is the time it took to process 80% of the application so 79% of the applications are processed quicker. You get a more realistic timeline by following your visa office specific thread here; for example my VO New Delhi has a processing time of 16 months but most applications gets processed in 8-9 months.