App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
godwingodwin said:
i just like to share my experience on this forum

sometimes last year, i applied to sponsor my spouse and my son, i submitted my application for sponsorship. after few months, i got a mail from cic that am not eligible to sponsor because i didnt inform the immigration that i was married as the time of landing for my permanent resident.

they sent the document to the local visa office because i requested that the document be sent to local visa office whatever the outcome of the sponsorship application.

But to my surprise, the local visa office back home sent my wife an email requesting for additional document for them to proceed with the application.

she submitted the requested documents, one week after, she receive COPR in the mail, ask her to pay for Right of Permanent Residence fee and also submit her passport and son.

isnt this a miracle. still dont understand what is going on, am still in shock

has anyone has the same experience
The timeline of this post is incorrect and makes me think that it's not accurate. The COPR would not have been issued until long after both the RPRF and passports have been submitted.

Sep 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 19, 2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 March 14, 2015; AOR2 May 4, 2015
File Transfer...
March 16, 2015
Med's Done....
November 2014
Passport Req..
May 19, 2015; In Process: May 4, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
praying and hoping it will be soon!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Hi! I have a question. I'm sponsoring my husband... We have a baby and he's born here in Canada, so he's canadian citizen. Do I still have to send my son for Medical in sponsoring my husband?

binnie

Oct 17, 2014
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.
Hi ,

I have applied PR under in Canada class sponsorship. Now I'm gonna apply for the open work permit under the pilot project. Can you please tell me how much is the open work permit fee in this case and Do I need to send any checklist with the application. If you can provide me with the form numbers that will be great.

sugeee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 13, 2015
AOR Received.
May 29,2015
File Transfer...
SA: July 6, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
April 16, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 13, 2015
Garry2008 said:
It is highly encouraged by CIC to pay it along with application but can be submitted later.
If you pay it with submission of your Application then you do not need to wait from CIC to call for RPRF.
Delay depends on the Communication between you and CIC as CIC Send Email or Letter to Ask for RPRF.
In AOR2 CIC send Automated Email that does Contain Information that if you have not paid RPRF then You need to Pay it.
It should not delay too much unless you miss any email or Letter for RPRF from CIC.
Thank you Garry2008!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabrielasilang said:
Hi! I have a question. I'm sponsoring my husband... We have a baby and he's born here in Canada, so he's canadian citizen. Do I still have to send my son for Medical in sponsoring my husband?
No

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
I've sent an email to cic yesterday and they just answered me (yes, it's 1am) and they said that csq takes 4 to 6 months
Is it true?

canadiangrl

May 17, 2015
Hi everyone. Im sponsoring my hubby who is in pakistan.

My application is being processed by LVO.Here is my timeline:Applied in september 2014

File transfer to LVO in october 2014

Ecas was last updated in november 2014 with meds reveived and decision made under the sponsorship status.

Now I received an email requesting additional documents and the right of permanent resident fee. I wanted to know what the next step is for me and what is currently happening with my application. Also if I order CAIPS notes, are they useful at all? What can they tell me?

Here is the email:

Dear Applicant,In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.Marriage Certificate / LicenceCertified translation in English or French of Nikah Nama.Right of Permanent Residence Fee Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga. Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 45 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.Should your personal circumstances (address, marriage, divorce, birth, death, adoption) change between now and the time you leave for Canada you must report the changes to us. Visas issued without the correct information concerning family status are invalid and admission to Canada will be refused.The issuance of an immigration visa does not ensure your eventual acceptance into the practice of your profession or occupation in Canada. It is your responsibility to determine whether any licensing/registration requirements apply to your occupation or profession in the province where you wish to settle. Do not leave employment, sell property or take any irrevocable step in anticipation of immigrating to Canada until you have received your visa(s).

So what is the next step for me?

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
canadiangrl said:
Hi everyone. Im sponsoring my hubby who is in pakistan.

My application is being processed by LVO.Here is my timeline:Applied in september 2014

File transfer to LVO in october 2014

Ecas was last updated in november 2014 with meds reveived and decision made under the sponsorship status.

Now I received an email requesting additional documents and the right of permanent resident fee. I wanted to know what the next step is for me and what is currently happening with my application. Also if I order CAIPS notes, are they useful at all? What can they tell me?

Here is the email:

Dear Applicant,In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.Marriage Certificate / LicenceCertified translation in English or French of Nikah Nama.Right of Permanent Residence Fee Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga. Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 45 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.Should your personal circumstances (address, marriage, divorce, birth, death, adoption) change between now and the time you leave for Canada you must report the changes to us. Visas issued without the correct information concerning family status are invalid and admission to Canada will be refused.The issuance of an immigration visa does not ensure your eventual acceptance into the practice of your profession or occupation in Canada. It is your responsibility to determine whether any licensing/registration requirements apply to your occupation or profession in the province where you wish to settle. Do not leave employment, sell property or take any irrevocable step in anticipation of immigrating to Canada until you have received your visa(s).

So what is the next step for me?
Just follow the instructions, send them a copy of your marriage certificate and if not in english must be translated into it and be certified, and pay the permanent residence fee of $490 which you must do on the website and print out the receipt and fill it in and submit it with the marriage copy. Thats all they are requesting you to do.

binnie

Oct 17, 2014
Hi ,

I have applied PR under in Canada class sponsorship. Now I'm gonna apply for the open work permit under the pilot project. Can you please tell me how much is the open work permit fee in this case and Do I need to send any checklist with the application. If you can provide me with the form numbers that will be great.

DesiExpat

May 17, 2015
Dear Friends

I just signed up to the forum. I am a Pakistani citizen living in UK. My wife, a Canadian citizen, sent the application to sponsor me in 4 weeks ago. We have received any letter or email from them that they have received the application, though tracking the courier tell us that it has been delivered. When do we normally hear them from them for the first time after sending the application? I read somewhere on forum that within 10 days but we haven't. Shall we wait or be concerned?

Regards

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Re: First Response After Application Filed

DesiExpat said:
Dear Friends

I just signed up to the forum. I am a Pakistani citizen living in UK. My wife, a Canadian citizen, sent the application to sponsor me 4 weeks ago. We haven't received any letter or email from them that they have received the application, though tracking the courier tell us that it has been delivered. When do we normally hear from them for the first time after sending the application? I read somewhere on forum that within 10 days but we haven't. Shall we wait or be concerned?

Regards
Hi,

Don't worry about not receive an notice of your application being received. Some people don't receive any notice until they have sponsor approval. Some receive AOR about 10 days before they receive sponsor approval (the was the case for us... AOR 1-2 weeks before we got sponsor approval). If you know that your application was delivered by the courier, don't worry.
You should expect to here something a bit before sponsor approval or for sponsor approval right around the posted time (unless of course you're missing something and they request for u to send it first).

May 18, 2015
Can someone please enlighten me.
I was a live in caregiver, then in 2012, I applied for my permanent residency as a single person. In 2013, during the course of my application I got married in my country. Then when I was about to received my interview in Kitchener I informed the CIC about the change of my status . And that was in February of 2014. Then I started to include my husband in my application and cancelled my supposed to be interview. Then. In April 2014 I found out that his previous marriage was not had been dissolved( he was separated for 8 years, ex wife had a kid with current partner) I only knew this later on. But we have had able to fixed things . So my lawyer here adviced me to withdraw him on my application in my PR otherwise both of us will loose the chance of being approved. So I signed a document stating that I am withdrawing him as my spouse since our marriage is not accepted under our law. And he committed polygamy.
To cut the story short, in July 2014 I got my PR. And as I've said we able to fixed things. We are still in a relationship as husband and wife, things of the past were able to patch up. I want to start a family , but my problem is according to my lawyer I can't able to sponsor him now, EVER..and he needs to undergo rehabilitation after 5 years for him to be able to apply under his own. I just felt I'm helpless, I can't go back to my country and start all over again, and he can't come here..
Can someone please help me, advice on what other options I could get..please..

soniababbar123

Apr 24, 2015
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20/04/2017
Doc's Request.
02/06/2017
File Transfer...
19/06/2017
Med's Request
31/05/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-02-2018
hello everyone..!!
As per shown on the website, the processing time for spousal sponsorship has been increased from 8 months to 16 months for NDVO.

I wanted to inquire does it take exactly 16 months plus the sponsor's time(61 days) or lesser time?

Is it the maximum time limit or the minimum?Plz help.

angellois

Dec 5, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LCP Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
09-21-2011(For Interview Scheduling)
Med's Request
16-12-2010/ remed req 05-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-12-2010/30-12-2010/ remed 17/10/2011
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-10-2011
Please help!

I have a firend who got married more than two years ago in Hongkong. He applied for spousal sponsorship right away and was refused. After that the wife applied for a work permit as a caregiver in canada. While waiting for the result, her employer in Hongkong planned to visit Canada and applied a visa for her and refused again. Now, we got the result for the work permit after 9 mos. and again was refused. The husband is desperate now on how they can be together. Is there any other way thathe can do?