+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Presley2j

May 13, 2015
We were course mate at the university and we see everyday at school whenever there is class and we talk on phone just that when I was here in Canada I never went to visit her be we got married but we talk every single day

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Presley2j said:
We were course mate at the university and we see everyday at school whenever there is class and we talk on phone just that when I was here in Canada I never went to visit her be we got married but we talk every single day
Then write that. You haven't been to visit her for X reason, and she hasn't come to visit you for X reason.

The questions are not always applicable to every applicant, so you need to answer them as best as you can for your situation. My spouse never came to visit me because she was refused visas 4 times. I wrote that. I went to visit her once, then I quit my job and moved halfway around the world to be with her. So we don't visit each other anymore, because we live together. Some of the questions made no sense for us, such as the ones about how we communicate when we're apart, which is basically when one of us is in the bedroom and the other is in the kitchen, so we shout, or walk over. I'm sure the officer looking at our file was amused.

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Hi everyone. Can i travel outside canada like US with a PR card?!

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi All,

For Police clearance certificate..I saw the Appendix A where I can see the form.

So do I need to fill up that form and attach to my application or I should ONLY attach the police clearance certificate from my back home?

Please advice.

sugeee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 13, 2015
AOR Received.
May 29,2015
File Transfer...
SA: July 6, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
April 16, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 13, 2015
Hello eveyone. Anybody here who paid the rprf and enclosed receipt with the application? how does it affect the application process and the processing time? Thanks guys!

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hitesh_001 said:
Hi All,

For Police clearance certificate..I saw the Appendix A where I can see the form.

So do I need to fill up that form and attach to my application or I should ONLY attach the police clearance certificate from my back home?

Please advice.
Can you add detail of Apendix A that which country does it belong to ? As Apendix A is Country Specific Information and can Vary from One country to another

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugeee said:
Hello eveyone. Anybody here who paid the rprf and enclosed receipt with the application? how does it affect the application process and the processing time? Thanks guys!
It is highly encouraged by CIC to pay it along with application but can be submitted later.
If you pay it with submission of your Application then you do not need to wait from CIC to call for RPRF.
Delay depends on the Communication between you and CIC as CIC Send Email or Letter to Ask for RPRF.
In AOR2 CIC send Automated Email that does Contain Information that if you have not paid RPRF then You need to Pay it.
It should not delay too much unless you miss any email or Letter for RPRF from CIC.

VOKSIN

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
then how long time people get SA.my friend get uci one month ago but he can not check his wife status on line(he sponsor his wife) also when he call Mississauga centar, officer say application is not over and they should wait for awhile.....Did someone have similar situation....

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

What is the difference between RCMP screening and Criminality?
In my GCMS notes, it shows the RCMP screening results say no reportable trace, while criminality is still "in progress".
Under security section there is a value of 1.
Everything else says passed. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

godwingodwin

May 15, 2015
i just like to share my experience on this forum

sometimes last year, i applied to sponsor my spouse and my son, i submitted my application for sponsorship. after few months, i got a mail from cic that am not eligible to sponsor because i didnt inform the immigration that i was married as the time of landing for my permanent resident.

they sent the document to the local visa office because i requested that the document be sent to local visa office whatever the outcome of the sponsorship application.

But to my surprise, the local visa office back home sent my wife an email requesting for additional document for them to proceed with the application.

she submitted the requested documents, one week after, she receive COPR in the mail, ask her to pay for Right of Permanent Residence fee and also submit her passport and son.

isnt this a miracle. still dont understand what is going on, am still in shock

has anyone has the same experience

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godwingodwin said:
i just like to share my experience on this forum

sometimes last year, i applied to sponsor my spouse and my son, i submitted my application for sponsorship. after few months, i got a mail from cic that am not eligible to sponsor because i didnt inform the immigration that i was married as the time of landing for my permanent resident.

they sent the document to the local visa office because i requested that the document be sent to local visa office whatever the outcome of the sponsorship application.

But to my surprise, the local visa office back home sent my wife an email requesting for additional document for them to proceed with the application.

she submitted the requested documents, one week after, she receive COPR in the mail, ask her to pay for Right of Permanent Residence fee and also submit her passport and son.

isnt this a miracle. still dont understand what is going on, am still in shock

has anyone has the same experience
Wow! I've never heard of that happening before...especially when the sponsor has been denied!

Hope CIC doesn't realize their mistake!

Amna01

May 15, 2015
Hey..
I am a Permanent Resident in Canada and am already engaged. My fiance is in Pakistan and we are thinking of getting married in this Dec so that I can file the paper work in January.
I am a bit confused about few things and would be really thankful if u can help.

Im currently a York University Student and I'm taking OSAP for my studies, can I still sponsor my spouse?
Is there a condition that I should be on a job and have a certain amount of bank balance etc?
Also, how long will it take to sponsor him so that he can come to Canada?
I have heard that recently the laws have been changed, and thus now when he will come after suppose 2 and a half years, he will get a temporarily visa and not a Permanent Visa.. Is this true?
If he will get a temporarily visa, can he still do his MBA from Canada, pay the domestic fees, and can also receive OSAP funding for his studies?
With a temporarily visa, is he eligible to work in Canada?

I know these are a lot of questions...
But would be extremely grateful if you can help..

Thanks,
Amna

jimi.link

May 16, 2015
Hi

I am planning an outland application for my fiancee and was wondering how strict is CIC with the last 12-months salaries, can i submit the application and after that quit my job ?

Would they check during the review of my application that i am still working for the employer i provided in my application ?

Thank you