+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Since he is older than 22, he does not need to be included on the PR application but he must be included on the additional family information. If she wants to include him on her PR application, she can still do it if he is a full time student and not married.
But he wouldn't meet the definition of dependent because he's not dependent on her.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
MandiF said:
Thanks for your reply, just a another question. If I am in Canada while the application goes through in the UK, will I then have to return to UK when it is finally approved to get some sort of stamp in my passport?
Nope, you could send your passport for that via post or courier. You would have to go to the UK if you were asked to do an interview though.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauline regina said:
OMG !!! Too long to wait to be with a loved one!!!!We are already apart for 2 yrs, i am not even able to get a visa to visit him!!!!! i am hopeless....don´t know what to do...
It's unfortunate but your choices are limited to him moving back to your country, appealing, or re-applying with a very strong case built as to why you should not be excluded from the family class so that you are not refused based on res judicata (already decided). Don't be hopeless. Be strong and use your energy to get a positive end result.

GDP

Sep 13, 2010
hi everyone!

in the sponsorship agreement form, it is stated there that the sponsor is financially responsible for the sponsored person for three years regardless of life events which includes breakdown of the relationship.

Given that the sponsored person is now a landed immigrant and a PR card holder through the sponsorship of the common-law partner. What will happen if the relationship breaks down within the three year sponsorship agreement? will the sponsored person be able to marry someone else and sponsor the new spouse even if the three year sponsorship agreement has not yet passed?

please advise. thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the marriage breaks down, the sponsored person can marry (after getting divorced naturally) and sponsor someone else even within the 3 year period but the sponsor can not sponsor a new spouse until the 3 year period is up.

GDP

Sep 13, 2010
Leon said:
If the marriage breaks down, the sponsored person can marry (after getting divorced naturally) and sponsor someone else even within the 3 year period but the sponsor can not sponsor a new spouse until the 3 year period is up.
thanks leon!

would you happen to know if there is form for the declaration of severance of common-law union?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GDP said:
thanks leon!

would you happen to know if there is form for the declaration of severance of common-law union?
I do not know of such a form.

ramp

Sep 13, 2010
one concern..i dont understand the time frame like processing dates available on internet.
9 aug 2010 is the dateavailable on internet and how datesare calculated..like i sent my application on 16 AUG..1 month is already gone and if they start processing after like 10 days so it means another 6 weeks for my application to get approvedmeans like 2.5 months only for application approval? plsss explain

jade

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Hi there! I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship. My husband filed his sponsorship for me on July 12 and it was received July 14. The sponsorship was approved in August 16. They sent it to Buffalo for PR application. They started processing my PR in September 3. Now, my question is, since my husband's sponsorship is already approved, would I be able to work while waiting for the result of my PR application? Or I'm not allowed to? Anybody? Please

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jade said:
Hi there! I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship. My husband filed his sponsorship for me on July 12 and it was received July 14. The sponsorship was approved in August 16. They sent it to Buffalo for PR application. They started processing my PR in September 3. Now, my question is, since my husband's sponsorship is already approved, would I be able to work while waiting for the result of my PR application? Or I'm not allowed to? Anybody? Please
No, you can't work at this stage unless you have a valid work permit.

jade

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
I was a live-in caregiver before my husband married me so I have a work permit. Would that count? My work permit expires November, 2011.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applying for PR does not change your work permit. You can still work for the employer listed in your work permit.

jade

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
I resigned from them when I was on my last trimester of pregnancy because they had to hire another one. So I guess I can't work til my PR application has a decision then?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jade said:
I resigned from them when I was on my last trimester of pregnancy because they had to hire another one. So I guess I can't work til my PR application has a decision then?
If you get another LMO you can apply for a new work permit. Otherwise you have to wait until you get your PR.

pauline regina

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Passport Req..
praying
VISA ISSUED...
praying more
LANDED..........
just hoping for the best...
on E-CAS what does "not available" mean under your process..?