+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

I

iarblue

This thread i dont think was meant to go ike this from Leon now its so confusing lol more than the process itsself.

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iarblue said:
This thread i dont think was meant to go ike this from Leon now its so confusing lol more than the process itsself.
I guess you want this thread to be quite,,, ummm like graveyard of Titanic?

pauline regina

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Passport Req..
praying
VISA ISSUED...
praying more
LANDED..........
just hoping for the best...
Is it true that even if you are not acompanying your sponsor, if you do not go under medicals you are not considered a member of the family? If so, if i DO all medicals i can go to Canada whenever i want, or do i have a timeline?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
Hi,

I have read every single page of this thread to see if I could find an answer, but wasn't able to, so sorry if it is already here somewhere.

My husband is Canadian and is working in Canada, and I'm British currently in UK after my tourist visa expired in Canada. After we got married we initially settled down in UK and got all my husband's paperwork done for the UK, but unfortunately he wasn't able to find a good job here and had great job offers in Canada so we had to change where we were going to live.

I've come back to UK to pack up and rent out our house here (not the right time to sell) and get all the paperwork and stuff sorted for the spousal visa application. I've had my medical done in the UK and have applied for my Police Certificate. Once these are back, I'm going to send all the paper work to my husband in Canada to send it off to Mississauga for the sponsorship application to go through, then, from what I understand it will all get sent to London.

My question is, once the application has been sent off as an Outland application, can I then go to Canada to live with my husband on an extended tourist visa, as long as I don't work? Which really is swapping over my Outland application for an Inland application? Would this just be a change of address? or would it really not be possible?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
MandiF said:
Hi,

I have read every single page of this thread to see if I could find an answer, but wasn't able to, so sorry if it is already here somewhere.

My husband is Canadian and is working in Canada, and I'm British currently in UK after my tourist visa expired in Canada. After we got married we initially settled down in UK and got all my husband's paperwork done for the UK, but unfortunately he wasn't able to find a good job here and had great job offers in Canada so we had to change where we were going to live.

I've come back to UK to pack up and rent out our house here (not the right time to sell) and get all the paperwork and stuff sorted for the spousal visa application. I've had my medical done in the UK and have applied for my Police Certificate. Once these are back, I'm going to send all the paper work to my husband in Canada to send it off to Mississauga for the sponsorship application to go through, then, from what I understand it will all get sent to London.

My question is, once the application has been sent off as an Outland application, can I then go to Canada to live with my husband on an extended tourist visa, as long as I don't work? Which really is swapping over my Outland application for an Inland application? Would this just be a change of address? or would it really not be possible?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
hey mandi,
Why cant you apply Inland again??. ie get a tourist visa before you send off your application, come to canada as a tourist who is visiting. then apply Inland?. With Inland at least you will be with your husband and you can apply for a open work permit while you are inland. . With outland its faster and you can re-visit him time and time again and have the right of appeal.
under most circumstances outland is faster and people say outland is faster. But i also know many people who have applied outland and have been waiting for three years!. so really its up to your personal situation and your luck.

Myself i applied Inland and i have been waiting since january and dont regret it. I am from kenya and couldnt afford themoney for tickets to keep flying back and forth.

I advise.. research deeply your options before you make any move and see what would work for you and your partner. . Also if you decide on the inland route make sure you save some money to live off for at least a year although you can apply for a work permit while waiting for your PR to come through, this can take up to a year!. as ive been waiting for my work permit to come through from jan and its september now!...
If you decide on the outland route, be ready for separation anxiety ;D . Another reason i chose outland is we have gone through the separation thing and its not fun at all we dont wanna go through it again..

Hope you find your answer and all the best!..

pauline regina

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Passport Req..
praying
VISA ISSUED...
praying more
LANDED..........
Being apart from the one you love is living hell!!!!! Just because i did not do my medicals when my husband app i am being "punished" and not being able to be with him, i am really being burnned alive,this is the worst i have ever felt in my life!!! I don´t even know if i´ll ever be able to be with him again,,,

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauline regina said:
Being apart from the one you love is living hell!!!!! Just because i did not do my medicals when my husband app i am being "punished" and not being able to be with him, i am really being burnned alive,this is the worst i have ever felt in my life!!! I don´t even know if i´ll ever be able to be with him again,,,
pauline.dont be disharted.it will be fine. we are all going in same boats.nothing new special for u.but dont be sad k.time will come everything will be good.trstu me

mamoo

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
so what happened if the sponsorship approved from mississauga and case has been sent respective visa office for processing in that case if sponsor wants to live with his family for longer period say 3 to 5 months then what might happen are they check from sponsor after the case approved and case has been sent to visa office.

I have sposnor my 2nd wife and two kids from 1st wife in 3 sepreate applications my sponsorship approved and cases have been sent to respective visa office. My kids got their AOR with a form in which they asked for sponsor person detail of his stay in Canada i.e employment etc and last 5 years job details outside Canada. Now I am planning to go to my Country to have spend some time i.e 3 to 4 months please advice if the stay will affect my family sponsorshipn and on the basis of the information they do my back ground check in Canada.

pauline regina

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Passport Req..
praying
VISA ISSUED...
praying more
LANDED..........
joecreosta;
thank you for supprt but right now im terribly hopeless..they say that because i did not do medicals at the same time of my husband..it´s over, i cannot go. i am so desperate!!!! i did everything now. now i have to apeal, it takes yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad..sad..sad...

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
MandiF said:
Wording is very important, so let me discuss that first. There is no "visa" for British citizens visiting Canada, they are visa-exempt. Under Canadian law, there is no "tourist visa" either; it's called a temporary resident rather than a "tourist".

So, you can't just move to Canada, but you can visit and you can reside with your husband as a temporary resident while the outland application is processed. Normally, you can stay 6 months unless they tell you otherwise, but you can apply ($75 application fee) for an extension once you get close to the end of the 6 months. They will want to be sure that your visit is indeed temporary and that you have the ability and intent to return to the UK at the end of it. You must maintain a permanent residence in the UK in order to apply outland. If you don't have your own place, it might be necessary to move in with relatives or friends, before coming to Canada on a visit. They will want to see a return ticket probably. (If you're not sure when you'll go back, you could maybe get a changeable/refundable one.) They will want to see ties to the UK; something like responsibilities back there that will compel you to return: a job to go back to, property to look after, family obligations, etc. You'll also have to be ready to to show reasonable proof that you have a means of support during your visit because you can't work. If you have money yourself or your husband is able to vouch that he will support you, that will be good.

So, in summary, you can still do an "outland" application as long as your permanent residence is still outside the country. It's best if you can pay your fee before visiting. Showing that you are really applying for PR can be a good reason to give you permission to stay in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to have permanent residence outside Canada to be able to apply outland. Even people who are students or TFW's in Canada can apply outland if they want to.

Getting a work permit or student visa or a TRV (or being allowed in if visa exempt) is another story and for that you must show that you are only coming temporarily and will return home again. This can include sufficient funds, return ticket, proof of job waiting for you etc. I have however never been asked for anything like that where I have travelled.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Leon said:
You don't have to have permanent residence outside Canada to be able to apply outland.
Thanks for the clarification. Maybe you can get a Temporary Foreign Worker visa without having a place to return back to. I'm not too knowledgeable about that, but that is not the situation of this particular query.

As for visiting, sometimes they will ask for more information, sometimes not. When I brought my partner up to apply for PR, he was broke and unemployed, and had just moved out of his apartment to his father's place overnight. They asked how long he wanted to stay and he told them "6 months". The IO at the border didn't much like the situation and, after much questioning and considering, reluctantly gave him a Visitor Record for 3 months, which we later extended an additional 6 months. She asked for our receipt which we had planned to have but didn't and I don't think she was entirely convinced we would apply for PR although we had the forms 90% filled out.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
pauline regina said:
Could you give us more information about what happened please?

pauline regina

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Passport Req..
praying
VISA ISSUED...
praying more
LANDED..........
my husband app for immigration i did not go with him at the time,so he withdrew my name and i did not do medicals..today 2 yrs later we are married,and sponsorship was denied because back then i did not do medicals, appeal is waiting too long and i am 53yrs..., and today my life is pure despair!! i feel that i will never reunite with my husband,and life like this is unbearable.!!!just because of medicals...., i really am so hopless.