+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

madrasi

Mar 6, 2015
Hi Guys ! I am new here, it's really useful forum to discuss a lot of things about visa applications and really supporting.

I am PR holder living in Canada, married last year in India. I have sent my application on January 22, 2015. Still not got any reply or AOR? In my application, I have put myself as still looking for job, because after returning here in January, I couldn't able to find any job. But just got a job, gonna start from next week. Do I need to sent my employment letter to Immigration Canada?

I am so much confused?

Milen

Oct 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

I appliead last year month of July 2014 and revived AOR August 2014, I was already planning to apply for open work permit after I read the news that it is already possible, but, last January I just found out I am pregnant. My working permit will expire this coming month of May, is there anyone who has the same case or anyone who have any idea or advice to give which is better to do, to apply still open work permit or just to extend my visa? I don't know yet how much it will cost for visa or for the open work permit. If I apply for open work permit still I need to wait, I am not sure if I can still work during the time before my delivery. Please help for a better decision to make. Thank you in advance.

yani

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madrasi said:
Hi Guys ! I am new here, it's really useful forum to discuss a lot of things about visa applications and really supporting.

I am PR holder living in Canada, married last year in India. I have sent my application on January 22, 2015. Still not got any reply or AOR? In my application, I have put myself as still looking for job, because after returning here in January, I couldn't able to find any job. But just got a job, gonna start from next week. Do I need to sent my employment letter to Immigration Canada?

I am so much confused?
It is good for your case to inform them that you are not jobless, u are employed... I think you should inform them...ask other people also what they suggest

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
madrasi said:
Don't expect AOR, as they quite often don't give it. It's normal to not hear anything until sponsor approval.

No, you don't need to send an employment letter to CIC but you can if you want.

Milen said:
to apply still open work permit or just to extend my visa? I don't know yet how much it will cost for visa or for the open work permit. If I apply for open work permit still I need to wait, I am not sure if I can still work during the time before my delivery.
If you want to work, apply for an OWP. If you don't want to work, apply for a visitor extension. It's your decision.

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Seeking an answer to a specific question that did not come up in search.

My Russian wife, whose application is being processed in Warsaw, was recently asked for updated documents including a medical re-do. We've both been nervous about an interview as we did things kind of fast, were a little light on supporting evidence, and I know nothing is out of the realm of possibility when it comes to immigration.

Has anyone ever been asked to re-do a medical BEFORE being asked for an interview?

Doing the medical is kind of an expensive proposition for her with where she lives in relation to the certified doctor, I'd hate for her to pay for this then have an interview with the risk of being refused.

TIA

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
mcbeth said:
Seeking an answer to a specific question that did not come up in search.

My Russian wife, whose application is being processed in Warsaw, was recently asked for updated documents including a medical re-do. We've both been nervous about an interview as we did things kind of fast, were a little light on supporting evidence, and I know nothing is out of the realm of possibility when it comes to immigration.

Has anyone ever been asked to re-do a medical BEFORE being asked for an interview?

Doing the medical is kind of an expensive proposition for her with where she lives in relation to the certified doctor, I'd hate for her to pay for this then have an interview with the risk of being refused.

TIA
Typically, people are asked to redo a medical after an interview, so if here asking for a medical redo, I'd think it would mean they won't require an interview. However, that doesn't mean they couldn't ask for a medical before asking for an interview if, perhaps, there was something unusual that came up on the medical exam. I'd say if your medical has expired, the. You're probably in the clear for an interview, but one can never be 100% certain when it comes to cic.

Jul 4, 2014
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a specific answer that I havent found on the CIC website. I'm an American citizen, and I got married to a Canadian citizen. I entered the country October 31 2013 on a two year work permit (which was issued to me at the border) and I got married October 31 2014. I recently applied for my PR as a spouse, with my wife sponsoring me of course. My question is-I saw on the website as of 12/14 that I could work while the application is being processed, even before the AIP or the first stage or whatever it's called. I was wondering what I would have to wait for to be able to apply for an OWP, and would I be able to apply for the OWP at the border. Any advice would be appreciated guys. Thanks a lot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Justheretovent said:
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a specific answer that I havent found on the CIC website. I'm an American citizen, and I got married to a Canadian citizen. I entered the country October 31 2013 on a two year work permit (which was issued to me at the border) and I got married October 31 2014. I recently applied for my PR as a spouse, with my wife sponsoring me of course. My question is-I saw on the website as of 12/14 that I could work while the application is being processed, even before the AIP or the first stage or whatever it's called. I was wondering what I would have to wait for to be able to apply for an OWP, and would I be able to apply for the OWP at the border. Any advice would be appreciated guys. Thanks a lot.
How did your wife sponsor you? Inland or outland? If you applied outland, then unfortunately no OWP goes along with this process. If you applied inland, then you qualify for an OWP at around the 4 month mark after the application is submitted. No - you cannot obtain this OWP at the border - you have to mail the application in to CIC.

Jul 4, 2014
scylla said:
How did your wife sponsor you? Inland or outland? If you applied outland, then unfortunately no OWP goes along with this process. If you applied inland, then you qualify for an OWP at around the 4 month mark after the application is submitted. No - you cannot obtain this OWP at the border - you have to mail the application in to CIC.
Thanks for the reply. I applied inland. Anyone have any idea why the wait is so long? It says "may work while the application is being processed." But it isn't very specific, except to say that if I've already applied for a PR, I can go ahead and fill out form IMM 5710.

Jul 4, 2014
I guess another question I have is, if I can go ahead and apply with form IMM5710, what evidence would I have that I've applied for a PR, considering it says I don't even have to wait until I've passed the first stage? Here's the article I'm referencing.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Justheretovent said:
I guess another question I have is, if I can go ahead and apply with form IMM5710, what evidence would I have that I've applied for a PR, considering it says I don't even have to wait until I've passed the first stage? Here's the article I'm referencing.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp
Yes - those are the instructions you should be following. You should apply now and can expect to receive the OWP around 4 months after the inland application was sent. Waiting four months for the OWP after submitting the inland application is actually extremely short. Before this pilot was introduced you had to wait until you had first stage approval before the OWP would be issued - first stage approval is currently taking 17 months.

As an American, you most likely would have been much better off applying outland. Many Americans are getting through the entire process in 5-6 months right now total. However if the inland application has already been submitted - I guess that's the way you've chosen to go.

sriforpr

Jul 29, 2014
Hey Guys

need some urgent help here, would be thank ful to you.

I had applied for OPNP PR. My medicals is done. I am expecting the passport request in couple of months.

Assuming I have my PR in hand by May (worst case situation planning ) - I am supposed to get married in June(my fiance is in India), and would like to ensure the below points A, B and C are satisfied

a. expect my wife to join me in toronto as soon as possible and
B. she should be able to work/study (open work permit )
c. she should be able to travel outside canada even after she comes to Canada for the very first time

about my fiance : has worked for software company in india for 4 years. She had left job for about 6 months now. I am not sure if she can show immovable assets at this point in time. But she has a fixed deposit. parents are in india, her sister is in Europe studying.

But i am not sure of the below :

1. Will my wife be granted successfully a visitor dependent visa ?
2. Once she comes here can i sponsor her for PR ?
3. Can she get a open work permit /study permit while her spousal PR is in progress(even before stage 1) along with the same application point of #2 ?
4. can she travel outside Canada while the spousal PR is in progress. (which is currently estimated at 24 months )

please let me know, thank you in advance.

sujalpatel3

Mar 7, 2015
How to add spouse name in current file.

i had applied federal permanent residence under provincial nominee. i got my file no before 7 months. recently i got married and i want to add my wife's file in my file. i want to apply her permanent residence with my current file. so i have no idea what i have to do so please help me out. i called CIC callcenter but agent didn't gave me proper information. please let me know which forms i have to fill out. thanks

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Re: How to add spouse name in current file.

sujalpatel3 said:
i had applied federal permanent residence under provincial nominee. i got my file no before 7 months. recently i got married and i want to add my wife's file in my file. i want to apply her permanent residence with my current file. so i have no idea what i have to do so please help me out. i called CIC callcenter but agent didn't gave me proper information. please let me know which forms i have to fill out. thanks
Post your question to the PMP section of the forum.

sriforpr said:
Hey Guys

need some urgent help here, would be thank ful to you.

I had applied for OPNP PR. My medicals is done. I am expecting the passport request in couple of months.

Assuming I have my PR in hand by May (worst case situation planning ) - I am supposed to get married in June(my fiance is in India), and would like to ensure the below points A, B and C are satisfied

a. expect my wife to join me in toronto as soon as possible and
B. she should be able to work/study (open work permit )
c. she should be able to travel outside canada even after she comes to Canada for the very first time

about my fiance : has worked for software company in india for 4 years. She had left job for about 6 months now. I am not sure if she can show immovable assets at this point in time. But she has a fixed deposit. parents are in india, her sister is in Europe studying.

But i am not sure of the below :

1. Will my wife be granted successfully a visitor dependent visa ?
2. Once she comes here can i sponsor her for PR ?
3. Can she get a open work permit /study permit while her spousal PR is in progress(even before stage 1) along with the same application point of #2 ?
4. can she travel outside Canada while the spousal PR is in progress. (which is currently estimated at 24 months )

please let me know, thank you in advance.
Post your question to the Provincial Nominee section of the forum.

VOKSIN

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
my friend send his wife documents to Mississaga (documents recived on 4 decembar 2014)and till now they have not heard anything......if someone have some contact information e mail adress or phone number from Mississauga please help me