Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Abuelita said:
Hopefully not. Let's cross our fingers. I also sent the version previous to this new version.
Hi there,
do you know if there are more new versions of the forms for spousal sponsorship? this is the second time that the IMM 0008 has been updated since October 2014 (since I started checking, at least)

Thanks

still

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Garry2008 said:
This page shows Date last time it was updated beside the form.
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Great, thanks a lot!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
userpg said:
For how long do people get their PR in Canada?
For example my wife living with me in Poland got her PR for 2 years only.

And one more question - does my wife have to ask for the Option C while living outside of Canada?
PR is for life, provided you meet the requirements.

If she has been living outside of Canada for several years, she can show the Polish equivalent and explain why she doesn't have an Option C.

Hadeelmohannad said:
Now he wants to settle in canada and make a sponsor for me and the kids my inquiry is can he offer a sponsor request from out side canada? How much time it need? Should he has a job in canada when offer the sponsor? Can I take study visa in canada then my husband make a sponsor for me??
He can sponsor you but as a PR, he must be residing in Canada throughout the sponsorship process. He isn't required to have a job in Canada but must be able to show that you guys can support yourselves without welfare. You can apply for a study permit if you want, provided you meet the requirements.

DanSlh said:
For spouses there's no minimum income, but for your kids I think it have.
There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor dependent children.

Feb 25, 2015
Hello all,
My wife and I sent our spousal sponsorship application (inland) away a couple of weeks ago, I would now like to apply for an open work permit using the pilot scheme. My question is where should I send this, to the same place as our initial application (Mississauga) or to the Alberta Branch?
Any information would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

RandyD

Jan 6, 2015
just found out the warehouse is shutting down. we've probably got 6 months till it closes.
questions...

will immigration phone my workplace and ask if the job is stable?

if the company says we're closing the app will be denied?

have to figure out how i can get thru this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
RandyD said:
will immigration phone my workplace and ask if the job is stable?

if the company says we're closing the app will be denied?

have to figure out how i can get thru this.
CIC will not contact your employers, nor are you required to inform them that your employer is closing down.

ARUNJITH

Feb 25, 2015
Your passport has been dispatched from VAC and it may get to you within 7 working days
any chance
i didnt get any mail for medica examination

gurgunpreet

Feb 26, 2015
Hi
we got married in feb 2014 , i got PR request in april 2014 but cic asked me to whether update my application or i can send my passport for finalization so i added my wife in my application.
Medical request received for my wife -27 june 2014
Medical done -30th june 2014
till now no reply,me and my wife waiting for PR so please tell me how much time will it take nd both of us will get PR together or not?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hadeelmohannad said:
Dear guys,
Need advise pls,

I didnt go with my husband to make landing in Canada
because we recieved the visa in late time and my kids was at scool we call cic and tell them that their replay was its ok the husband can make landing alone.
Now he wants to settle in canada and make a sponsor for me and the kids my inquiry is can he offer a sponsor request from out side canada? How much time it need? Should he has a job in canada when offer the sponsor? Can I take study visa in canada then my husband make a sponsor for me??
I'm a bit confused.

Did your husband declare you and your children (as non-accompanying) in HIS PR application, but not INCLUDE you and the children? Is that why you say that he now wants to sponsor you?

Or

Did he include you and your children, but you and your children have simply not yet returned to Canada yet to land?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
gurgunpreet said:
Hi
we got married in feb 2014 , i got PR request in april 2014 but cic asked me to whether update my application or i can send my passport for finalization so i added my wife in my application.
Medical request received for my wife -27 june 2014
Medical done -30th june 2014
till now no reply,me and my wife waiting for PR so please tell me how much time will it take nd both of us will get PR together or not?
Post your question to the immigration stream that applies to you, as this is not a spouse sponsorship case.

Cazzy_08

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
Doc's Request.
13th may 2015 (never got the memo) 8th July 2015
AOR Received.
18th September 2014
File Transfer...
Approved as a sponsor 5th November 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in July
Hey everyone!

Been readiing streams and streams of posts on here, and thoughts would share my update so far.

I'm a canadia citizen (my mother is canadian) and all my immediate family moved over there 9 years ago, whilst I stayed in England. I have now met my English fiance and we are looking to move over to canada.

We applied for sponsorship and all forms including Medicals and fees were done upfront and received on the 18th sep. I was them approved to be his sponsor on the 5th November and our file was transferred to Ottawa. I have been checking the status and it just shows as app recieved. Am I being a bit ambitious and impatient willing it to change!!

I am also paranoid that forms/medicals/fees expire, how long do we have and what are your experiences of similar types of applications??

Thank you

Caroline

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
will collecting Employment Insurance affect sponsorship of spouse ?

Hi

I am out of job and would like to apply for employment insurance but I am concern whether it will affect my sponsorship for a family member or spouse in the future?

could anyone advise?

Thanks
Keith

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Re: will collecting Employment Insurance affect sponsorship of spouse ?

Keithcjk said:
Hi

I am out of job and would like to apply for employment insurance but I am concern whether it will affect my sponsorship for a family member or spouse in the future?

could anyone advise?

Thanks
Keith
You can collect EI and sponsor a spouse. It is not considered welfare.

Lamja

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Macedonia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015 | TOTAL: 164 Days |
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Whats the best and safe way to send application in missisauqa from Toronto? and how much will cost?