Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
lovely21 said:
Well we have know each other for more than 10 years and have been in a relationship since last 5 years ..........my family like him and I came to know him through my family only but as we have 27 years of age difference and from India so............they don't agree in fact they are capable of harming him physical if they know we are even thinking of marriage let alone we are married.............
This is going to be tricky but not impossible. If you have been in a 5 year relationship before the marriage it will help to show all the relationship proof
You will have to give an explanation to everything, including why your families didn't attend cause it asks for that specifically.

Hopefully someone else can also chime in

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
We had a 20-25 ppl wedding............

we have added all the proof like wedding pictures ,receipts of our honeymoon ,boarding passes ,our telephone logs ,chats ,texts, old letters ,cards..............

but we never officially dated as even I was myself overwhelmed by the fact that I love him and it was similar for him too with such a hugh age difference in Indian society ...........

it took us a while to realize it our self but we cant stay without each other we now know for sure as we have been apart for the last year when I have been in Canada ................

Please suggest what else can I gather as documentation............

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
lovely21 said:
We had a 20-25 ppl wedding............

we have added all the proof like wedding pictures ,receipts of our honeymoon ,boarding passes ,our telephone logs ,chats ,texts, old letters ,cards..............

but we never officially dated as even I was myself overwhelmed by the fact that I love him and it was similar for him too with such a hugh age difference in Indian society ...........

it took us a while to realize it our self but we cant stay without each other we now know for sure as we have been apart for the last year when I have been in Canada ................

Please suggest what else can I gather as documentation............
Though its required the parents being at the wedding, I have also seen people having weddings without them since they couldn't attend due to financial reason or health.

You seem to have all the relationship proof from what you have listed. As mentioned, the forms ask who introduced you guys, who attended etc so you will have to give a clear explanation why your families didnt attend. I think you would have to thread carefully and build your relationship case strongly because of the 27 age difference between you two.

Also this might help you: It was a study on immigration officers

"Some insights as to how visa officers think, how they judge and how they make decisions regarding the authenticity of your relationship being "real and genuine". A must read for anyone deciding to take on this sponsorship challenge."

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/study-results-from-actual-immigration-offices-deciding-if-couples-are-genuine-t266452.0.html

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
draxz1289 said:
Though its required the parents being at the wedding, I have also seen people having weddings without them since they couldn't attend due to financial reason or health.
Sorry, but this just isn't accurate. Yes, it's a good idea to explain your parents' absence from your wedding, but even if you said you don't like them and didn't want them there, that's a fine explanation, and won't affect the validity of your relationship.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
IvanP said:
Sorry, but this just isn't accurate. Yes, it's a good idea to explain your parents' absence from your wedding, but even if you said you don't like them and didn't want them there, that's a fine explanation, and won't affect the validity of your relationship.
I was always under the assumption that parents are required to be at the wedding, obviously its not always possible therefore the applications will give a details letter as to why.

Of course that shouldnt affect the validity of the relationship, but they have to thread carefully since there are questions in the forms which ask who attended; was the relationship known etc

Amkaur

Jan 22, 2015
hi , I won full day hearing for my husband in late November 2014 and recived written confirmation 10 days later. Now 2 almost 2 months are passed , nothing received from visa office ...please let me know ,what would be the next step and how long will it take after hearing ?

Canadian4life

Jan 21, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
The processing time started when New Delhi received your file, so you're only at 5 months right now and it's quite normal that you haven't heard anything. NDVO has a posted processing time of 15 months, whcih means that 80% of apps are done in that time. Given that your spouse is from Afghanistan and is still waiting to be called for an interview, there is a very good chance that your application will be in the 20% that takes longer than the posted time. You just need to be patient and wait.

I contacted the MP on September and they give me update saying everything is going good so far. They said contact immigration should contact me or my spouse within 8-12 weeks.

But since then I haven't heard anything yet. My spouses medical will expire by May 2015.

Can someone tell me how long I this wait?
Usually my friends spouses came within 6-9 months.

ali.14

Jan 20, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Garry2008 said:
well in this case you can try to contact Visa office and try to explain your situation.Otherwise you have to wait for decision made.
yes i will do that and pretty much all i can do now is just wait i guess

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
Thank You for the link ,it is very helpful to get that perspective................. :)draxz1289................

Well there is another issue too my husband had applied for a visitor visa to Canada in 2013 as a surprise but was rejected ....................it was at the same time as I was coming to Canada for the first time when I got my PR under skilled worker category........I don't know whether its a good thing or bad........ :(

I do think parents and family presence are important specially as his Visa office will be in Delhi.............His mother is 83years and cant travel otherwise she would have come to attend the wedding and he has never been close to his other siblings as such ............

But his mother is writing a support letter for our relationship together..............

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
IvanP said:
[/qu

I am just more worried as the Visa office is Delhi and in India wedding against family are still considered taboo...........with that age difference ......

We are trying to gather as much documentation as possible and finding out all the possible things.......

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
ali.14 said:
yes i will do that and pretty much all i can do now is just wait i guess
If you are in Delhi/NCR, I recommend you to personally go to immigration gate of CHC and speak with the Client Service person there giving reference of your file number and the call you received. The window opens in the mornings only.

march2014

Jun 23, 2014
Hello Everyone!!!

When I checked my application online today JANUARY 23, 2015 it says:

-A DECISION has been MADE on your application today. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Does it mean I'll receive my Visa soon?

This is my processing timeline:

March 23 or 24, 2014 - My husband mailed our application in Canada to CIC-CPC Mississauga

May 12, 2014 - My husband received an Email that confirms our application has been received on March 27, 2014.
- It also said that his application to sponsor has been approved and my application for PR has been forwarded to my country's visa office (Manila)

August 5, 2014 - I received an Email requesting for the following:
•PASSPORT •APPENDIX- A •Original NSO Advisory on Marriages

August 7, 2014 - Sent all requested documents

September 22, 2014 - It says from my application on-line that:
-We started processing your application

November 3, 2014 - I received MEDICAL REQUEST through Email.

November 13, 2014 - I had my Medical for Visa done at St. Lukes Hospital. It took me a week to decide to have my medical because I found out I am pregnant and I was hesitant to do the X-ray due to radiation but I was informed that it is safe to use a lead apron to protect my pregnancy.

January 13, 2015 - I checked the status of my application on-line it says:
-MEDICAL have been received.

When I checked today: JANUARY 23, 2015 it says DM.

I hope to receive my Visa soon because I am already 5mos.&2weeks pregnant as of today because some airlines are strict while traveling pregnant beyond 7 months.

I am very anxious and praying for a good news. God bless us all!

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Can a Canadian permanent resident(not citizen) obtain the " no impediment to marriage abroad certificate"?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
lovely21 said:
Thank You for the link ,it is very helpful to get that perspective................. :)draxz1289................

Well there is another issue too my husband had applied for a visitor visa to Canada in 2013 as a surprise but was rejected ....................it was at the same time as I was coming to Canada for the first time when I got my PR under skilled worker category........I don't know whether its a good thing or bad........ :(

I do think parents and family presence are important specially as his Visa office will be in Delhi.............His mother is 83years and cant travel otherwise she would have come to attend the wedding and he has never been close to his other siblings as such ............

But his mother is writing a support letter for our relationship together..............
As long as you can give supporting documents and you giving the letter might help as well. Its not always possible for the families to attend so it should be fine.

As for the tourist visa rejection, they will look into that

ali.14

Jan 20, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermas said:
If you are in Delhi/NCR, I recommend you to personally go to immigration gate of CHC and speak with the Client Service person there giving reference of your file number and the call you received. The window opens in the mornings only.
no, unfortunately i'm not in india i don't know what to do ..my wife has a lawyer for as a representative and she said the lawyer will email new delhi about this to get some info or clarification so i hope they reply ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???