+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ahlulbayt786

Dec 9, 2014
Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding proof of genuine relationship. So I returned back home 2 months ago and married my relative. It was kind of an arranged marriage, but I got to know her first before I agreed to marry her. The relationship is as genuine as it gets.
Should I be worried they speculate otherwise? I have nothing to hide. We have been talking to eachother for only a couple months.

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
Rob_TO said:
No, unfortunately CIC doesn't care what your reasons are, they won't give any specific updates or process it any quicker. You can really only ask your MP to get involved once your time goes beyond the posted time on CIC's website.

However feel free to send Manila a case specific inquiry on the status of your app. Worst case scenario is you simply don't get a response or it will just be a generic one with no real info.

No, Koreans are visa-exempt so don't need a visa placed into their passport. At most Manila could ask her to send a copy of her passport pages to them, which I believe you can just photocopy and then email or mail it.

During processing she is free to travel in and out of Canada as she likes.

If her address on file is in Canada, once her PR is approved they will mail her COPR directly to Canadian address, and you can just go to closest USA land border to do her PR landing.
Thanks very much for the response... we appreciate it. I guess I was mostly concerned about "disrupting" the process if we email them. I don't want them to get angry over us emailing them, or something along those lines! If the worst case is they just ignore it/generic response, that's fine with me. I think emailing will lessen my anxiety a bit regardless.

I feel a lot better knowing she doesn't have to send her passport to Manila. I don't why I thought that. I know we sent in several copies of her passport pages when we applied.

Our plan is to leave Korea in March, travel for four months, then return to Canada permanently in July. We were hoping she could land in Canada by herself before we leave in March, but we realize we may have to delay the first leg of our trip. We hoped to land early so she could have her PR card ready for when we return to live for good. I suppose when we leave Korea we can update her address to be one in Canada. I guess we may seem pretty greedy trying to fit all this within our time frame. We've been saving up and planning this trip for over 2 years. Our one final big expression of freedom before having kids in Canada and me settling into a new career. It'll be disappointing if it doesn't work out for us. :(

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Hi ahlulbayt786 ...are you going to sponsor ?? I don't know if you can this soon ..

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi friends,
I am a PR holder (of Indian origin) and am going to India to get married in February 2015. I have started filling-up forms for myself (sponsor) and my future wife (sponsored spouse). As we know CIC has issued a new form for IMM 0008 in November 2014 where the option to select Visa office (question 4) has been removed. How can I ensure that my wife's application is processed in New Delhi, India.

Also, my future wife has a multiple entry Canadian visitor visa and will accompany me to Canada after we get married. In Form IMM 0008/Contact Information, Question 1 - Current Mailing address - Should she mention Indian address or Canadian, similarly in Question 2 - Residential address - Should she mention Indian address or Canadian? She will apply as outland Canada applicant.

Also, Can I personally drop-off the completed applications at CPC-Mississauga or these must be sent by post or courier only.

Thank you,

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
vermas said:
Hi friends,
I am a PR holder (of Indian origin) and am going to India to get married in February 2015. I have started filling-up forms for myself (sponsor) and my future wife (sponsored spouse). As we know CIC has issued a new form for IMM 0008 in November 2014 where the option to select Visa office (question 4) has been removed. How can I ensure that my wife's application is processed in New Delhi, India.

Also, my future wife has a multiple entry Canadian visitor visa and will accompany me to Canada after we get married. In Form IMM 0008/Contact Information, Question 1 - Current Mailing address - Should she mention Indian address or Canadian, similarly in Question 2 - Residential address - Should she mention Indian address or Canadian? She will apply as outland Canada applicant.

Also, Can I personally drop-off the completed applications at CPC-Mississauga or these must be sent by post or courier only.

Thank you,
Your first question has been answered several times.

She can put the Canadian address. A lot of people do, and it's not a problem.

You cannot drop off the application yourself. If I'm not mistaken, it's written: No public drop-offs.

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
Hi friends
Just a quick question.
Can I sponsor my real sister who is studying in grade 11th in India. Bahr is the only one left in my family who left there. I mean if I can sponsor her or she can come here on student visa as she is minor. Please do let me know.

Thank u so much n happy new year

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ikonkaar939 said:
Hi friends
Just a quick question.
Can I sponsor my real sister who is studying in grade 11th in India. Bahr is the only one left in my family who left there. I mean if I can sponsor her or she can come here on student visa as she is minor. Please do let me know.

Thank u so much n happy new year
You cannot sponsor her for PR. She can try applying to come here on a study permit. In order to do this, you will first have to find a school that is willing to accept her as a student. If she attends public school, she will have to pay approximately $14K per year in tuition as a foreign student. If she attends a private school, the tuition will be higher. She will also have to demonstrate that she has sufficient funds to pay for her living expenses. This means that in total, she (or the person paying for her education) will need to show a bank balance of around $30K for her study permit to be approved.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Ponga said:
Further to what Rob_TO has already mentioned:

If the PR is in Canada (and has met the 730 day RO [Residency Obligation]), s/he can simply get a new card.

If the PR is NOT in Canada, but has met the RO, s/he can get a new card.

If the PR is NOT in Canada and has NOT met the RO, they should return to Canada (ASAP) and hope that they are cleared (or not reported to CIC for non-compliance) by CBSA to re-enter Canada. If they are admitted, they would need to stay in Canada for at least 730 days, to basically reset their RO. They should not leave Canada (even for 1 day) until they have re-established the RO.

thanks. but what happen if they cant make it and decide to come back , how will that work?

AmericanGirlinLove

Dec 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
Doc's Request.
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
File Transfer...
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-04-2015
Hello,

I have so many questions, I don't know where to start. First question when looking at people's bio's, what is the difference between a visa being issued and you being landed?

Here is my timeline:

Application sent: April 3, 2014
Application was received: June 3, 2014
File Transfer: Idk what that is but I'm assuming it's when they approve your sponsor and send it to Ottawa... Idk
Doc Req.: Aug 2014
Then there was a problem with my fingerprints, had to resubmit them to FBI.
More Docs Req: Oct 17, 2014
Docs Sent: Oct 20, 2014
FBI Clearance Received and Sent to CPC: Dec 26, 2014

How long does it sound like I am looking at? Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
AmericanGirlinLove said:
Hello,

I have so many questions, I don't know where to start. First question when looking at people's bio's, what is the difference between a visa being issued and you being landed?

Here is my timeline:

Application sent: April 3, 2014
Application was received: June 3, 2014
File Transfer: Idk what that is but I'm assuming it's when they approve your sponsor and send it to Ottawa... Idk
Doc Req.: Aug 2014
Then there was a problem with my fingerprints, had to resubmit them to FBI.
More Docs Req: Oct 17, 2014
Docs Sent: Oct 20, 2014
FBI Clearance Received and Sent to CPC: Dec 26, 2014

How long does it sound like I am looking at? Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
this question is already being discussed on the other thread, so it's best to keep it to 1 thread. i have provided a response to your latest questions. answers won't come quicker because the question was asked on multiple threads.

mylav

Dec 31, 2014
Hi, everyone.

I have such situation. My wife is PR of Canada from 2013. we married in august 2014 and after she went back to Canada we immediatly started spouse sponsorship process. send all documents in mid august. and in 8th October received letter from CIC that they cannot process our aplication because lack of new form and we were asked to send that filled form. they received that document on Octomber 8th, and now they process applications with at least 16th octomber. when we ask why office missed our application, call center told us that they cant see it. It is already passed 61 day. what is the problem can be? how we can solve that issue?thanks fo advice in advance. and by the way we and immigration office worker cannot see any information when trying to log in to system using our information. looks like our file does not exixt

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mylav said:
Hi, everyone.

I have such situation. My wife is PR of Canada from 2013. we married in august 2014 and after she went back to Canada we immediatly started spouse sponsorship process. send all documents in mid august. and in 8th October received letter from CIC that they cannot process our aplication because lack of new form and we were asked to send that filled form. they received that document on Octomber 8th, and now they process applications with at least 16th octomber. when we ask why office missed our application, call center told us that they cant see it. It is already passed 61 day. what is the problem can be? how we can solve that issue?thanks fo advice in advance. and by the way we and immigration office worker cannot see any information when trying to log in to system using our information. looks like our file does not exixt
if the completed application was received on oct 16, it's quite possible it hasn't been opened for processing yet, and that is why the call center can't find it in their system. it's quite normal, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything is "wrong". according to the website, CIC is currently working on applications from October 16 (i think). this doesn't mean EVERY application received that date or earlier has been started yet. the first part of the process takes a lot of patience, and you are not too far out of normal processing. Remeber last week and this week are short business weeks, so the office is only open for 2.5 days each week - which means the amount of work being completed is going to be less than normal. your options are to call back again next week or get the sponsor's member of parliament (MP) involved if CIC still can't locate it once they have completed October applications. I would also suggest to find the October applicant thread on this forum to get an idea of who has received acknowledgement of receitp (AOR) and sponsor approval (SA) from that month of applicants.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
I'm present residing at angus Ontario , I'm been here at canada 4years going to 5 years on February, I'm came here to work as caregiver then I get married September 2013 , my husband is a Canadian citizen then instead I apply my caregiver application , we apply family sponsor / spouse together with that I have my Open work permit application too we send that January 2014 then come back February coz some of form is not updated so we update that then send it again same month February then by August I think then send back my application of open work permit coz they say I own them 5$ coz the processing fee is increase 5$ before it's 150 then increase 155 so they told to me to resend that when I have receive a letter from immigration so my work permit is expired that time so I need to get a status here so the fast to get is visitor permit to remain in canada but the thing is my Ohip is already expired too & I'm pregnant so everytime I go for check up I'm paying something, my question is is there anything I can do to have a letter for immigration for applying of my open work permit so that I can get a OHiP or any letter can I give to Get Ohip card , my due date is 2nd weeks of February , when I submit that application the processing time before is 9month then it when up as the month goes by:( I just want to apply my open permit & get a Ohip & bring my son here in canada to wait for the decision of my application of permanent residence .
Hope u could help me , thank u very much for help, god bless

rabis13

Sep 5, 2013
Dear all
Can any one guide / help me?
My husband apply in Sep 2012
then in july 2014 rec an email regarding the transfer of file to LVO with file number
in Nov 2014 get request for medical its 2nd medical my medical done on 19th nov 2014(all communication rec on my husband email address, i never ever get any letter in hard form)
few days back my husband get email that CIC requested few doc from me and they didnt get any reply while i donot get any letter from CIC.My residential address on my Application form is correct.

what is this actualy i m much worried abt my status. No update on website status as it was last update on nov 4th 2014.