+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Technosync

Dec 20, 2014
sunnycool said:
1. Your wife can travel on visitor visa to canada, remember to apply for it once your sponsorship is approved. To get a visitor visa for a spouse is rather difficult as CIC hardly approves it. But some of them have got it, and there is no harm in doing so.

2. As you would be applying through New Delhi, the official timeline is 15 months + the sponsorship approval time (approx. 55 days). But most of the applications are cleared in 8 months from the date of application, if the case is straight forward.

3. You should go through the CIC website for all the forms and additional documents required, you should read the document guideline available. If any further query, than you may ask in the forum, people are always here to help.

4. Should collect your communication details, skype, viber, call details, photographs of your meetings. You may start sending emails to each other, so that you can add that to your application.

Hopefully this helps. You may follow New Delhi 2014 thread for more information specific to Indian applications and timelines.
All the best. :)
Hi SunnyCool,
I really, appreciate your guidance in the matter.
There are couple of questions, I had though.
1) You mentioned, I should start sending e-mails. We don't send e-mails, but we are in constant touch with each other on Whatspp & on phone & Skype. So do I still need to have conversations on e-mail as well?
2) You mentioned though its difficult to get a Visit visa for spouses, but some have got it, so is there any specific things that affects the application. How can one increase the chances of getting the Visit visa approved, till the time the process is on.
3) Finally, assuming the visit visa is approved, will it have any impact on the spousal PR process because I was planning on applying from NewDelhi as you rightly figured out, through Outland & if my wife comes into Canada, will it not be considered Inland??

Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Thanks again for your time.

Regards,
TS

shaiz

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I have a query to ask, please can anyone let me know where i should send my Police Certificate? I mean in which department of CHC - islamabad? I have these two addresses , which one is corrrect?

High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad
Pakistan

Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-51-208-6914
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Technosync said:
1) So do I still need to have conversations on e-mail as well?
2) You mentioned though its difficult to get a Visit visa for spouses, but some have got it, so is there any specific things that affects the application. How can one increase the chances of getting the Visit visa approved, till the time the process is on.
3) Finally, assuming the visit visa is approved, will it have any impact on the spousal PR process because I was planning on applying from NewDelhi as you rightly figured out, through Outland & if my wife comes into Canada, will it not be considered Inland??
1. No, you don't need to suddenly start emailing each other. Your other communication proofs are fine.

2. Very strong ties to home country.

3. No, it will have no impact. The PR app will not change to inland if she comes to Canada; it will still be processed in ND.

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
scylla said:
You can't. The only information CIC posts is the overall processing times averages.
you can actually get the most accurate information from the CIC open data excell sheet. Its very detailed and should give you a good idea how long your application will take. http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chipolopolo said:
you can actually get the most accurate information from the CIC open data excell sheet. Its very detailed and should give you a good idea how long your application will take. http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3
That still only shows overall processing times. Scylla was responding to someone who asked about average times for each status update, i.e. Application Received, In Process, Medical Results etc, which CIC does not publish.

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm hoping I can get someone to help me out. I'm a Canadian citizen living in Italy, married to an Italian citizen. We've been married for almost 4 years and have a little girl of 15 months. We've decided to move to Calgary. My daughter was born in Italy. What would be the best way for them to get to Canada? My daughter has a right to Canadian citizenship, I just need to apply for her citizenship card. Is this something that can be done when we arrive to Canada? Can also my husband apply for residents visa once we get there? Or do we need to do it while still in Italy? Thanks in advance

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hey guys,
I'll apply outland from Brazil.
Since we have a visa office here, do I need to translate something or can I send in portuguese?
If yes, it delay the process?

novascotia_addict

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
File Transfer...
14-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2017
Hi there,

Hoping someone will be able to answer a couple of questions. Going to apply for a family class sponsorship through my Canadian common law partner of almost 2 years, we both live in Toronto, myself under my second IEC that expires in August.

1. Can I apply for this while also applying for a third IEC at the same time to allow me to stay in Canada while the sponsorship goes through?
2. If applying for sponsorship and electing to be "outside of Canada", can I still remain living in Canada? and would there be a time I would need to go back to my home country (Australia) for any reasons for the application process.
3. Once the application is sent, is there a bridging visa to remain in Canada while the sponsorship is processing that will allow me to work openly?
4. Is seeing an Immigration lawyer for advice worth it?

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

Much love

Ramtin88

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys,

In the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire (IMM5490E) question 7 asks "Prior to your relationship, was your sponsor or any of your sponsor's family related to you or any member of your family?". My mother and my sponsor's mother were friends prior to our relationship and my question is how should I fill the table in this question? Whose name should I write and what do I put under "Relationship to you or your sponsor" ? Is friendship even considered being "related"?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sunnyinlombardy said:
My daughter has a right to Canadian citizenship, I just need to apply for her citizenship card. Is this something that can be done when we arrive to Canada? Can also my husband apply for residents visa once we get there? Or do we need to do it while still in Italy?
You need to apply for your daughter's Certificate of Citizenship. Do it ASAP, as you may face difficulties accessing things like healthcare for her in Canada without any proof of citizenship.

You need to sponsor your husband. It is a lengthy process, so you should start that ASAP as well. He cannot actually "move" to Canada right now; he can enter as a visitor to be with his family while the sponsorship app processes. Depending on his age, you can look at an IEC visa, which would allow him to work for 6 months.

Start here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

DanSlh said:
Since we have a visa office here, do I need to translate something or can I send in portuguese?
If yes, it delay the process?
All official documents (PCCs, birth certs, marriage cert, etc.) MUST be translated by a certified translator. Unofficial documents such as texts or emails can be translated by yourself.

novascotia_addict said:
1. Can I apply for this while also applying for a third IEC at the same time to allow me to stay in Canada while the sponsorship goes through?
2. If applying for sponsorship and electing to be "outside of Canada", can I still remain living in Canada? and would there be a time I would need to go back to my home country (Australia) for any reasons for the application process.
3. Once the application is sent, is there a bridging visa to remain in Canada while the sponsorship is processing that will allow me to work openly?
4. Is seeing an Immigration lawyer for advice worth it?
Hi

1. Yes. The apps are completely and totally independent of each other.

2. Yes, you can remain in Canada while the outland app is processed. Unless you have some HUGE red flags that would require an interview, there would be no reason you would need to return to Australia.

3. No, there is no bridging visa for spousal sponsorship apps. As you will probably see it elsewhere on the forum, I will tell you that, as of last week, CIC said that inland applicants will now be issued a work permit 4 months after applying BUT YOU SHOULDN'T APPLY INLAND. Sydney is a fast office and there is no reason to tie yourself to the 2 year inland process.

4. No. Complete waste of money and usually seems to just lead to more problems when the lawyers screw up. Do the app on your own and come to this forum with any questions.

Ramtin88 said:
Is friendship even considered being "related"?
No, friendship is not related. Related means family.

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
Hey all, please help!!!

The issue is my husband has couriered our application through Canada Post on 23rd December, and after that while travelling he has lost his wallet consequently the tracking receipt too.
1) now what is the best way to check about the mail if it has reached.
2) what is the next procedure if it has reached? is there any formal way that Mississauga office informs the sponsor that they have received the application etc??
3) normally how much time does it take to reach the application in Abu Dhabi visa office?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
zbaby said:
Hey all, please help!!!

The issue is my husband has couriered our application through Canada Post on 23rd December, and after that while travelling he has lost his wallet consequently the tracking receipt too.
2) what is the next procedure if it has reached? is there any formal way that Mississauga office informs the sponsor that they have received the application etc??
3) normally how much time does it take to reach the application in Abu Dhabi visa office?
Without the tracking number, there is no way to track it. You'll have to wait until you get either AOR or sponsor approval. Mississauga occasionally sends AOR to tell you they got it, but that's usually several weeks later. We only got sponsor approval. I haven't looked at the recent times, but my guess is about 6 weeks to 2 months for SA.

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
You need to apply for your daughter's Certificate of Citizenship. Do it ASAP, as you may face difficulties accessing things like healthcare for her in Canada without any proof of citizenship.

You need to sponsor your husband. It is a lengthy process, so you should start that ASAP as well. He cannot actually "move" to Canada right now; he can enter as a visitor to be with his family while the sponsorship app processes. Depending on his age, you can look at an IEC visa, which would allow him to work for 6 months.
Thanks for your reply! Do you know if he can come to Canada with me and then we can apply for all of this there? I heard that it's faster.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sunnyinlombardy said:
Thanks for your reply! Do you know if he can come to Canada with me and then we can apply for all of this there? I heard that it's faster.
yes, a PR applicant can be IN canada as a visitor, worker or student when an outland pr application is being processed. being IN canada certainly doesn't make it "faster". there is no way to make the process "faster". the only thing to do to ensure no delays in processing and to avoid an interview is to submit a complete application that leaves no doubts in the immigration officer's mind about the relationship. Each visa office outside of canada has their own timeline for approvals. the times posted online are NOT accurate and should not be used to determine how long it will take. for 2014, some visa offices approved applicants in 3-6 months while most applicants seem to be approved within 8-10 months, somtimes a bit longer. How "fast" an application takes to process depends on where the applicant is from and which visa offices processes the application.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
zbaby said:
Hey all, please help!!!

1) there's no way to check unless you have the tracking information. CIC will not be able to verify it was delivered.
2) the sponsor will receive notification the application has been received, called an AOR, (maybe - not all people get this) and then will receive the sponsor eligibility letter (SA). It is currently taking more than 60 days to process sponsor approvals, so do not expect to hear anything until at least the end of February.
3) there's no standard as to "how long it takes" to reach a visa office. once it arrives, it sits in queue waiting to be processed. it certainly will NOT be processed immediately upon arrival at the visa office. to get a good idea as to what to expect with your visa office, then you will need to find the thread specific for that visa office.