London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
tink23 said:
From what I understand, a work permit can't continue under implied status. If her official work permit ends and she hasn't yet received the OWP you submitted with he inland application, she can no longer work. If she continues to work and doesn't have a valid work permit, she will be doing so illegally.
It depends on whether the expiring work permit is capable of being extended. If so, implied status applies. If it's a fixed term, non-extendable IEC or PGWP, then it doesn't.

saharyounis

Dec 5, 2014
HI everyone, I learnt so much already from this forum. Thank you all for your valuable inputs and for sharing your experiences. I am sponsoring my husband. and I just moved to canada for the sake of making the processing of the application faster. my question is that can I go visit my husband every once in a while in jordan or do I have to stay in canada and dont leave until my husband gets the PR.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
saharyounis said:
HI everyone, I learnt so much already from this forum. Thank you all for your valuable inputs and for sharing your experiences. I am sponsoring my husband. and I just moved to canada for the sake of making the processing of the application faster. my question is that can I go visit my husband every once in a while in jordan or do I have to stay in canada and dont leave until my husband gets the PR.
Yes that is fine, You may visit your husband on a trip of few weeks, not months.

w1104

Oct 25, 2014
zardoz said:
It depends on whether the expiring work permit is capable of being extended. If so, implied status applies. If it's a fixed term, non-extendable IEC or PGWP, then it doesn't.
so, one person says yes, the other no...

thats nice.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
w1104 said:

thats nice.
You could call CIC twice, and then call two lawyers, and get 4 different answers (even though it's a yes or no question).

At least here there are only two answers, and they are both free!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
w1104 said:

thats nice.
zardoz is correct. If it's a fixed term permit like IEC or PGWP, then a person cannot continue to work on Implied Status. However, if it's an extendable work permit, such as a closed work permit based on an LMO, a person can continue to work under the exact same conditions while under Implied Status.

w1104

Oct 25, 2014
IvanP said:
You could call CIC twice, and then call two lawyers, and get 4 different answers (even though it's a yes or no question).

At least here there are only two answers, and they are both free!
haha...

canuck_in_uk said:
zardoz is correct. If it's a fixed term permit like IEC or PGWP, then a person cannot continue to work on Implied Status. However, if it's an extendable work permit, such as a closed work permit based on an LMO, a person can continue to work under the exact same conditions while under Implied Status.
our only question now is, what if the four year limit on TFW's is also hit during this time of implied status?

I'll call CIC twice and two different lawyers....

mann sidhu

Dec 3, 2014
I got an email on Friday asking to send two photographs, and passport by Delhi Immigration. As I saw that I could send it to by VFS to Delhi immigration and i also want to know after the passport request any chances of Interview,coz of i m worried. plzz someone tell me what the exact process after the passport request. Thanx

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
w1104 said:
haha...
our only question now is, what if the four year limit on TFW's is also hit during this time of implied status?

I'll call CIC twice and two different lawyers....
I'd also suggest reading the regulations (I think that's paragraph 186 of the regulations - when you can work in Canada without a work permit). Even the people who say "you cannot do this with an X work permit" aren't entirely sure - they are just sharing their observations based upon what they or others have reported.

For example, there are situations in which an IEC or PGWP can be extended (e.g., if the passport expiration was less than the full length of said limited duration work permit). Normal rules would allow a work permit to be extended in such cases - and thus are eligible for "implied status". But these are all grey areas.

My experience personally and working with others is that if your partner is on a closed work permit (NAFTA or normal TFW work permit) then implied status applies. If you are overly concerned, pay a lawyer to write you a legal opinion letter. Then if CIC comes to you and says you've done wrong, you have an affirmative defence against such claims (in other words, you abided by the interpretation of the law as given by an officer of the court). What you get in this forum is just non-expert advice. What you get when you call CIC and ask is worth the paper on which that advice is written (in other words, ask them to e-mail you the particulars so you have an affirmative defence).

w1104

Oct 25, 2014
roger, thanks computergeek for the advice, I'm not sure it'll get any better than that... though, I'm all ears...

What regulations, I haven't seen them on the CIC website? I'll do some googling.

I wonder now, say she's under implied status waiting for the OWP response, and in the meantime the boss lays her off or fires her, is she still here under implied status? (legally)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
mann sidhu said:
I got an email on Friday asking to send two photographs, and passport by Delhi Immigration. As I saw that I could send it to by VFS to Delhi immigration and i also want to know after the passport request any chances of Interview,coz of i m worried. plzz someone tell me what the exact process after the passport request. Thanx
You wait. And then wait some more.
With New Dehli, I don't believe passport request means you're safe from and interview.

suratguyforu

Nov 4, 2014
saskatchewan,ca
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Request
remedical Jan/05/2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Hello all, Congratulations to all of you who got their PR/DM/IP.. I was away from forum for a while as me and my wife were busy preparing file and collecting proofs.

Here are some questions that i would like advise/information on before we send the file.

1) I am sponsor and my wife who is in India is sponsored person. I am assuming in my package its ok if i dont send "use of representative form" but i had question about whether my wife's package should have a "use of representative" form with my name mentioned as representative? because i read somewhere that I can only pay all fees only if I'm representative . Any information about this plzz?

2)with respect to ques 1 above, if say i am mentioned as representative, does she have to put my canada's address in form IMM0008?

3) In sponsor's package, form no. 5540, ques 8 - resided in which countries. I visited australia for couple of weeks, so do we have to mention all countries even if we just visited for a week/2 weeks or is there some minimum time that you have stayed for which you have to specify in that answer?

4)In same for 5540, ques 14 - has your spouse met your friends/family? answer is yes. If she met more then once, do we have to mention all visits or just first visit or what?

5) In my wife's form IMM0008 - does she have to mention my UCI number as or just leave it blank as she is principal applicant?

I would really appreciate answers for this. Thank you and good luck to all for speeeeedyyyyyyyy processing!!!!

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
guys help me at earliest please,

i am filling this form for my sponsor IMM1344E, so i will send him the form after my signatures. i am just confused on the signatures section. in the middle it says "Signature of Sponsor's spouse or common-law partner (if co-signer) does it require our signatures if yes who will sign here? applicant or sponsor?