+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

cupkaik

Nov 30, 2014
omg yeah i just read that. holy crap...
wouldve helped if i was able to find it... been looking for that for 2 weeks
thank you so so much!
if i have any other questions... best believe ill be back. im like glitter.. i never go away

ajhatti

Aug 4, 2014
Dear all,

I received an email from the New Delhi Visa Office yesterday:
We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.
In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
• Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file. You may also visit our websites: should you require more information on the processing of your application.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.

I have already sent the PCC and have filed the required fees, prior to sending the application.

What Should I do?

Kindly advise ???

Very confused

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello All,

My wife PR card is going to get expired soon and there is no way to have it renew.
I would like to know if applying for a new PR or sponsorship is better and which one is faster?Someone mention even if the PR expired she stilll remaiin a permanent resident of Canada therefore cannot applied again..this part is confusing to me still.

Thanks

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
I think I started a new topic instead of adding to this one. Apologies, as I'm very new to this. Anyways, I have some questions.

Background: My wife (Chinese) and I (born in Canada, citizen) are expecting our first child. We originally were going to do the outland thinking we would make it in time for the pregnancy but then the cost of the pregnancy came into question. This led us to go with inland and would also mean that (as I am told) we can apply for the Care Card as a result of waiting for the PR Application (since she can't leave the country). We are set on having the kid in Canada at the moment. We are expecting the birth to take place in July or August. We are planning on going back to Canada at the end of this month. There are some questions that have come up as a result of this.

1. Can I buy a one-way ticket for my wife (already has TRV) to go back to Canada with me? The TRV she has was for meeting my family members and performing the wedding ceremonial rites previously.
2. I've read on a couple of the topics that insurance is a major issue. Does this apply for Care Card as well? We plan on moving to BC. We were also told that we can get this without a problem.

I had more questions but they just aren't coming to mind.

Thank you so much for your help!

taurus81

Dec 2, 2014
Hi Leon,
I am using this site first time, I will be very glad if you provide me some information regarding my Husband's case.
I applied my husband's case on Dec,17 2012
File accepted on 24, Jan 2013, 1st medical and police clearance done.
File transfer to LVO May 2014,
2nd Police certificate request and others documents was submitted 27,May 2014,
RPRF fees paid May 2014
photos, emails request on 16, Sept 2014
2nd medical request on 17, Sept 2014
Medical done on 30 Sept 2014.
Since than we are waiting for PPR1
Now its 2nd Dec 2014
Can you please tell me how much time it will take to get PPR1?

Thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
taurus81 said:
Hi Leon,
I am using this site first time, I will be very glad if you provide me some information regarding my Husband's case.
I applied my husband's case on Dec,17 2012
File accepted on 24, Jan 2013, 1st medical and police clearance done.
File transfer to LVO May 2014,
2nd Police certificate request and others documents was submitted 27,May 2014,
RPRF fees paid May 2014
photos, emails request on 16, Sept 2014
2nd medical request on 17, Sept 2014
Medical done on 30 Sept 2014.
Since than we are waiting for PPR1
Now its 2nd Dec 2014
Can you please tell me how much time it will take to get PPR1?

Thanks
Are you initially from the Islamabad visa office and then your file got transferred to London?

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
valmiri said:
Hi Im currently employed and I was thinking to change this job bcz its giving me so much stress other than the sadness that i have living here without my husband.
Therefore, DOES anybody know will it affect my application or what will happen if I change my job since CIC has received my application in the 22nd .
Plz help
Plz help

koi1

Dec 2, 2014
My wife is a Pakistani citizen and got her PR card two years ago in between the time we were engaged and got married. I am a British citizen residing in Pakistan. During these last two years she has not lived in Canada due to her business and my work and family commitments. We are now considering my application for permanent residency so that we can migrate to Canada together if and when it comes through. From what I understand from this thread though, specially the first post, my wife will not be able to sponsor me because she is not living in Canada. She will be in Canada for the next three months but it seems that she has to be there through the entire stage of my application process.

Would be grateful if someone would comment on whether I have this right or if there is a legitimate way to go about her sponsoring me.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
koi1 said:
My wife is a Pakistani citizen and got her PR card two years ago in between the time we were engaged and got married. I am a British citizen residing in Pakistan. During these last two years she has not lived in Canada due to her business and my work and family commitments. We are now considering my application for permanent residency so that we can migrate to Canada together if and when it comes through. From what I understand from this thread though, specially the first post, my wife will not be able to sponsor me because she is not living in Canada. She will be in Canada for the next three months but it seems that she has to be there through the entire stage of my application process.
You are correct. Since she is a PR she must be living in Canada in order to sponsor you. She must also continue living in Canada while the application is being processing (until you are issued the PR visa). Occasional short trips (2-3 weeks) outside of Canada are fine. Anything longer and she risks having the application refused for failure to reside in Canada.

koi1

Dec 2, 2014
Thanks scylla. I guess that may be that then. Just out of interest any idea on how long would the process take if she did apply while living there?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
ajhatti said:
Dear all,

I received an email from the New Delhi Visa Office yesterday:
We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.
In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
• Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file. You may also visit our websites: should you require more information on the processing of your application.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.

I have already sent the PCC and have filed the required fees, prior to sending the application.

What Should I do?

Kindly advise ???

Very confused

The letter states if not already paid and if not submitted . So no worries. Don't do anything.If you feel the need call Cic and explain.Its just a computer generated letter.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Hello all,my wife included me in her application for pr in Canada under the live in care giver program,after the long wait we had messages that we have been approved,she attended the interview last week for confirmation of Herr .pr status,on the website it's stated that all her dependents becomes .pr after she gets hers,now cic has to send me passport request for visa but they haven't sent it yet,ain't we tired already for 2years waiting,what again,another time to waste? Can someone advice on what to do?