+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ayyan79

Sep 24, 2014
Hello i sponsored my spouse from Canada . my spouse is in Pakistan about 18 months ago. Now three months ago immigration sent me email they have sent my case to London. and they said Medical is about expied but if they need new they will contact me. i am wondering medical validity is 12 months so why they dont ask for again . is it possible they can extend medical validity. They sent me emailthey r maximising ,edical validity . any one have same things plz

Matt.

May 2, 2014
Please help me. I sent an sponsorship application for my wife. I sent an outland application for her. The first step which is "sponsor eligibility" is approved and our case was sent to the Canadian Embassy overseas.

Now my wife is here in Canada, from 6 months ago, as a visitor with her multiple visitor visa and she extended her stay for another 6 months. She decided to stay here and apply for a work permit.

I am worried if it has effect on her immigrant process. I mean we sent an outland sponsorship application and if she apply for work permit here, what CIC action will be. Do they accept her work permit application? if yes, what is the consequences on her immigration process? any delay, confusing or rejection from the embassy?

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
This is what it said in instruction guide

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
•the English or French translation; and
•an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
•a certified copy of the original document.

So for documents that are in English, I can just make copies and send them.

Correct?

applegreen

Sep 25, 2014
Hi there,

I am a Canadian citizen and have got married in June 2013 .. I have sponsored my wife who is a resident of Pakistan in december 2013.. On 16th of December my application was received. My visa case was directly sent to London... I was wondering if London Case processing centre time(11 months) will apply to my file or Pakistan time (33 months) will be applied to my case...

bluewenchee

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2014
AOR Received.
September 2, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 07,2014
Passport Req..
Feb 04, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 18, 2015
LANDED..........
March 13, 2015
Hello everyone i received a letter from CEM ..

I just want to make sure that im right of understanding the last part of the message ,,
this is what it says:

IMPORTANT:
Additional Document/Information Requirements at This Time

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documents:

You will find all the IMM forms by going to our website at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp

To ensure the timely processing of your application, the document(s) and information we have requested must be provided to us within THIRTY (30) days of the date of this letter.

Unless we have specified otherwise, please send only original documents.

PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

is this mean that CEM did not requested me additional documents as of now?
it is not specified what kind of document is requested..

thanks..

cams2014

Sep 24, 2014
Good Day everyone!
I would like to ask some help, my sister is a PR in winnipeg. Me and my gf are planning to apply for conjugal/common law application and will be sponsored by my sister, Would that be possible?

If not, How about can my sister sponsor me to apply for a PR apllication?

Thank you and all your replies will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Cams

Antoinetee

Jun 11, 2014
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30/09/2014
AOR Received.
29/09/2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
computergeek said:
Generally, yes. Someone in Paris will need to look at the IMS computer system and match up the results with the application - which is not an automated process because CIC does not wish to insert your medical information in your immigration file (they only do that when there are issues because then its needed for the fairness letter, but spouse/child family class applicants are exempt from "excessive demand" inadmissibility so that won't happen).
Thank you, Computergeek. I guess I have to be a little bit more patient :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
cams2014 said:
Good Day everyone!
I would like to ask some help, my sister is a PR in winnipeg. Me and my gf are planning to apply for conjugal/common law application and will be sponsored by my sister, Would that be possible?

If not, How about can my sister sponsor me to apply for a PR apllication?

Thank you and all your replies will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Cams
Unless your sister is single, no kids, no other family in Canada, and your parents are both deceased... she can't sponsor you.

You or your common-law partner would need to find a way to immigrate to Canada on your own.

HallowellV

Sep 26, 2014
Hello,

So my fiance and I have known each other for 4 years now and have been dating almost the entirety of the time. We met online. He is a resident of Ontario and I am an American citizen. We are planning to marry but want to better understand the immigration process before I move. Any advice on how to go about this? I'm afraid they will see internet relationship as illegitimate. Are there any tips anyone can give us?

Thank you

Victoria

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah my husband got decision made on his case yesterday and today he received his Pass Port with Visa.

We are so over the moon thankful that finally after 4 years all this is done Alhamdulillah.

I left Peshawar Pakistan last Wednesday after the Doctor said I should go home as I could barely walk or sit. It would have made my heart so happy if we could have traveled together In Sha Allah.

I pray everyone receives good news soon from CIC Immigration with their Pass Port and Visa In Sha Allah.

For the ones who have insulted me here well Allah will take care of matters like this.
For everyone who kept me in their prayers may Allah reward you all with Good News Soon In Sha Allah..
I tell you its an amazing feeling to finely see the end of this crazy tunnel, I wish the best for everyone
and may you all receive good news soon In Sha Allah..........

Micmac101

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
ayyan79 said:
Hello i sponsored my spouse from Canada . my spouse is in Pakistan about 18 months ago. Now three months ago immigration sent me email they have sent my case to London. and they said Medical is about expied but if they need new they will contact me. i am wondering medical validity is 12 months so why they dont ask for again . is it possible they can extend medical validity. any one have same things plz
The general rule is if the case would be decided within 15 months they won't go for re-medical. Yes, it is possible, either the VO can extend medical for another 12 months or call for new medical.

ProjectGKaneda

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Hi Folks,

I want to understand how best to increase ones chances for Temporary resident Visa. Now I know the success rate is low but there are still folks who do get TRV's. Please help.

I am P Resident of Canada and I have filed for my wife's PR.

1) File rec by CIC, July 07 2014
2) Letter rec from CIC stating that sponsorship approved Aug 26
3) Letter rec from NDVO by wife asking for RPRF and PCC Sep 16 and stating file has been received.

Best Regards

ViNi

arleneo1arlene

Jul 9, 2014
ontario,ca
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-October 2014
AOR Received.
22 - NOVEMBER 2014
File Transfer...
26-NOVEMBER 2014
Med's Done....
20-AUGUST 2014
Passport Req..
21- JANUARY 2015
hi everyone for upront medical, can i send the emedical report even if their is additional test to take? were completing our application and to be send in missasauga.

jam3s

Mar 29, 2013
Hi,

I just finish my application for PR visa FSWP entry. I am planning to land by january. I am still single and planning to marry my gf back at home when i got my PR card and i want to sponsor her a spousal visa as soon as possible. In regards with this forum it is very helpful.

Is it possible after our wedding i can sponsor her? and while her application is on process for spousal? can she also apply for a tourist visa at the same time? I hope you can give me advise on the best way to sponsor her.. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jam3s said:
Hi,

I just finish my application for PR visa FSWP entry. I am planning to land by january. I am still single and planning to marry my gf back at home when i got my PR card and i want to sponsor her a spousal visa as soon as possible. In regards with this forum it is very helpful.

Is it possible after our wedding i can sponsor her? and while her application is on process for spousal? can she also apply for a tourist visa at the same time? I hope you can give me advise on the best way to sponsor her.. Thank you.
Yes - once you are married you can sponsor her. You can find the forms on the CIC web site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

It tends to be quite difficult to get a TRV approved if your spouse is Canadian. However you can certainly try.