21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bealem said:
Just got and email from CIC regarding my application received in May29, 2014. Alas it wasn't SA but a request for more information or missing as they said. I quote...

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXX and family (if applicable). We are not able to process your application as it is incomplete. You are missing the following:> Court Ordered Pay -: According to the information on Option C printout for 2013 tax year you may have a support obligation to dependent(s) owed under a court order or domestic contract/agreement. Please provide documented proof of the status of payment obligations from 2014/05/29 to Current. This must be received at this office by: 2014/09/26. "

Has anyone had a request for this kind of information? What additional info did you send to them that worked?

Would ally appreciate some advice here.Thanks
This appears to be in reference directly to child support. Does your spouse support his/her child? If so, then include any copies of payment stubs, cancelled checks (checks that have already been cashed) or whatever form of payment your spouse pays his/her support to the child. If your spouse pays via cash, then likely the only thing that will satisfy is a written, signed, notarized document from the childs other parent that support payments are being made in x amount of money per x amount of time and are completely current and up to date.

If your spouse does NOT pay child support then you are likely going to be issued a sponsor denial. If a spouse can not pay for his/her children already here then there is no way he/she can support a new spouse to immigrate here. That is how CIC will see it. Once the spouse has caught up and demonstrated that he/she will continue to support his/her child then you can reapply for it and try again.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rhcohen2014 said:
even though they aren't "Dependent", they still need to be included in the "additional family form" (5406), correct? I would think not including them on that would cause issues...
You are correct. They still need to be listed as additional family members but not as dependents. I was only focused on being a dependent not particularly what forms they were talking about. Thank you for pointing that out to me, Rh ;)

Folks, please, use a little bit of common sense. Even if your child no longer meets the dependent status, they are STILL family members, and as such they should be included in any form that requires ADDITIONAL family information for the intended immigrant.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Alurra71 said:
You are correct. They still need to be listed as additional family members but not as dependents. I was only focused on being a dependent not particularly what forms they were talking about. Thank you for pointing that out to me, Rh ;)

Folks, please, use a little bit of common sense. Even if your child no longer meets the dependent status, they are STILL family members, and as such they should be included in any form that requires ADDITIONAL family information for the intended immigrant.
ha! the only reason i know the number to that form is because it's the one i forgot to submit. otherwise, id have NO clue which number is which form.

um, common sense... you make me laugh alurra! :p

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Hi All,

My mother got her visitor visa extended in April 2014 and she is leaving 4th August 2014.
Does she require to get her medical done?

1. We did not recieve any medical exam papers (as mentioned on the "extended visa document" that medical papers will be mailed seperately)

2. I have booked a medical exam appointment for my mom on coming friday 1st august 2014.

The medical reports is submitted in atleast 10 days, but she is leaving on 4th august

My question is will she face any problem at the airport?

We are anyways getting her medical done on Friday. She will carry a proof that she has undergone her medical exam.

Please suggest. Its urgent.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
capri_can said:
Hi All,

My mother got her visitor visa extended in April 2014 and she is leaving 4th August 2014.
Does she require to get her medical done?

1. We did not recieve any medical exam papers (as mentioned on the "extended visa document" that medical papers will be mailed seperately)

2. I have booked a medical exam appointment for my mom on coming friday 1st august 2014.

The medical reports is submitted in atleast 10 days, but she is leaving on 4th august

My question is will she face any problem at the airport?

We are anyways getting her medical done on Friday. She will carry a proof that she has undergone her medical exam.

Please suggest. Its urgent.
I responded to you in your original post regarding this. You will have much better luck using the 'visitor visa' section of this forum. This is a forum for family class sponsorship.

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi all, am filling background/declaration form now, and under personal history section, i was unemployed at a point and i wrote unemployed under activity. What will i put under "status in the country" and "Name of facilities as applicable". Although i put Not applicable under company/ facilities, am i right?
Thanks all

Gituverma

Jul 30, 2014
I applied to sponsor my wife in Jan 2012, at that time the total processing time at Mississauga office was 3 months and at New Delhi 6 months, but by the time my file reached CHC New Delhi, they increased processing time at New Delhi to 10 months. Now, with all due respect, 10 months are also over, as they asked to submit passport to CHC New Delhi at the fag end of Jun 2012. I am wondering, as to what is happening in our case, as they don't even reply to the e-mails sent to them, it is pure hostile situation, as my wife & me, both are struggling as to where to start our lives, and we are nowhere.

I got in touch with my local MP office, who called up CHC New Delhi, and to MP office also they have given the time of 90 days to reply, as they call it norm. Correct me if I'm not wrong, are these the traits of a developed country, where you migrate with all your degrees and qualification, first up, you don't get decent jobs, and when you sponsor your spouse, they make you wait like crazy. I am sorry to be very crude but am sure everybody can understand my situation. Has anyone else is in similar situation as mine.

In Feb 2014 I was requested to send lots of documents to CHC Delhi, and then they scheduled my wife's interview for 25 Jun 2014, and after that she was handed over the passport saying that passport is required for medical as the medical expired, and wait time was given as one month...and now we're still waiting.

iamwhatiam

Jul 30, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum - looking to apply for spousal sponsorship for my fiancee once we're married this October. This forum has already been super helpful in terms of information, so thank you to everyone who has contributed so far! I was earlier thinking of sending an inland application but reading about the processing times I think an outland application makes more sense (she already has Canada TRV so traveling to Canada should not be a problem, and I cannot imagine her being comfortable staying put in Canada for a couple of years without traveling home :)).

Cheers!

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Hi
I need to know that if my application for spouse sponsorship has been transfer to visa office in london instead of islamabad, pakistan will the processing time will be 11 month instead of 32 month?

And for quebec selection i need to know if someone from quebec living abroad should they b proving prove of quebec residency anything such ad driving licence or a utility bill or phone or municipal bill , revenue quebec bill..to prove address as im currently living abroad ,
Thank you

retrocanada

Jul 31, 2014
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and the whole immigration procedure!

I am living in Lima, Peru, my wife & I have been married for nearly 10 years, we have an 8 year old daughter that has Canadian citizenship through me so we're only looking at a spousal sponsorship here, and outland. My biggest dilemma at the moment is whether we submit the police & medical now when we do the initial application and watch them surely expire and re-do, or do we wait to be contacted down the road to supply these documents? We need to get her police clearances from Mexico as well as here in Peru so I would love to prevent us from getting them, to have them expire and having to re-submit down the road if possible.

Could somebody please set this straight for me on what the proper procedure is? Immensely appreciated if somebody could chime in, thanks so much to everyone and this forum alike!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
retrocanada said:
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and the whole immigration procedure!

I am living in Lima, Peru, my wife & I have been married for nearly 10 years, we have an 8 year old daughter that has Canadian citizenship through me so we're only looking at a spousal sponsorship here, and outland. My biggest dilemma at the moment is whether we submit the police & medical now when we do the initial application and watch them surely expire and re-do, or do we wait to be contacted down the road to supply these documents? We need to get her police clearances from Mexico as well as here in Peru so I would love to prevent us from getting them, to have them expire and having to re-submit down the road if possible.

Could somebody please set this straight for me on what the proper procedure is? Immensely appreciated if somebody could chime in, thanks so much to everyone and this forum alike!
generally police clearances and medicals do not need to be redone down the line. of course it's always dependent on the visa office and appliction. Here's how it works: police clearances need to be dated within 90 days of the application being delivered to CIC. The clock usually stops on it's expiration then, and as long as it's not more than 90 days old when cic receives the package, it will be valid for the length of the process. of course, there's never a guarantee the visa office will not request another one closer to the end. As for medicals, there is no worry about epiration because they are good for 12 months, and CIC has the ability to extend them to get the applicant through landing.

Not submitting these documents upfront runs the risk of your application being returned or considered incomplete, as they ARE considered required documents. for the most part, if these were not submitted upfront, CIC will request them as soon as the sponsor is approved, so it's really not possible to wait too long to submit them. It won't be possible to wait until the end of the process to submit these documents. They must be presented with the applications package or sent after sponsorship approval when the file is transferred to the visa office in order for the application to process. Good luck!

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
I need to know that if my application for spouse sponsorship has been transfer to visa office in london instead of islamabad, pakistan will the processing time will be 11 month instead of 32 month?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Doc123 said:
you are likely to get a more accurate/timely response in this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office-t203899.0.html#lastPost

Chrisol

Jul 31, 2014
Hello .. I am separate from my husband more that an year ago and I am currently in a conjugal relationship since then , however my partner is not Canadian , in fact he applied for refugee in Canada a couple
of years ago and it was denied , so he has a deportation order, and he still in Canada , so I want to sponsor him, I am a Canadian citizen but legally I am still married , however my actual partner and I have been leaving together for over a year .. can I sponsor him even though I am not divorce ?? what are the chances of success in this case ???

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have a question about police checks also. We are applying from Mexico and from what I have read here in Mexico it's not possible to get a police background check upfront. You have to wait for Cic to request it from the Mexican office here. Does anyone know if this is correct?