civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,

Please join me in signing this petition to demand CIC to improve processing time for inland spousal sponsorship and grant sponsored spouses Open Work Permit upon Acknowledgement of Receipt instead of AIP.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created

The result of this petition will be forwarded to the Minister and Director responsible for Immigration branch of CIC operations, as well as immigration media reporters. The more you spread this, the sooner we can reach the required number of signatures. So please help if we agree on this.

Thank you,

mcm240906

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
hi to everyone...i would just like to know if some of you here
has an idea that if your status at ecas noted as Decision
Made is a refusal? Or it is usually a grant visa already?

Thanks.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mcm240906 said:
hi to everyone...i would just like to know if some of you here
has an idea that if your status at ecas noted as Decision
Made is a refusal? Or it is usually a grant visa already?

Thanks.
*generally* speaking, a decision made is very good news. if you didn't have an interview, this is usually true. if you did have an interview, i've read you would know right away if it's been denied. fingers crossed for you!!!

Shrewdie

May 5, 2014
Hello everyone!

Me and my boyfriend are planning to send our application for PR soon. I am from Slovakia, met him in 2012 while I was visiting Canada, after that I came back home, got my WP throughout working holiday, so we could be together. We moved in together right after, so we became common-law when my WP expired. Currently Im here again as a visitor. As a proof we have only rental lease, we dont have joint bank account or life insurance on each other names, but we have a lots of photos, emails, skype sessions from time when I was back home, text msg as well and statutory declarations from his friends and family.
However, I was told our application may be to week and denied throught not enough evidence for common-law union. We cant afford to pay consultant, so we are forced to do everything on our own and everybody here knows how freaking complicated this is.

So what are your experience and thoughts???

CANVISA770

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
DONE
LANDED..........
05-08-2014
Hello guys,

Just want your expertise advice, I've already applied for spouse visa London VO. Due to my job profile, I have to travel lots of different countries, while specifying history on my travel on background form. I might have overstayed in 1 or 2 countries by 3-4 months, no issues with going back to those countries, but how will it reflect on my spouse visa ? Do they look into that detail ?

legendrock

Sep 6, 2013
Spousal sponsorship mailing address confirmation

i am sponsoring my wife she is in India
i have completed all my forms and everything just want to confirm the mailing address

Is this mailing address is correct applyinf for spouse, lives outside Canada,
Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
CANVISA770 said:
Hello guys,

Just want your expertise advice, I've already applied for spouse visa London VO. Due to my job profile, I have to travel lots of different countries, while specifying history on my travel on background form. I might have overstayed in 1 or 2 countries by 3-4 months, no issues with going back to those countries, but how will it reflect on my spouse visa ? Do they look into that detail ?
If you declared all of the real travel information in the application, it's unlikely that it will be a problem. Obviously, you will have submitted a Police Clearance Certificate for all of those that you stayed in for more than 6 months.
If you "forgot" to include all of the correct places/dates, you can expect problems, as they DO check.

mcm240906

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Hi rhcohen2014!

Yes i had my interview last March 2013 and it took 9 months before
my ecas went on "in process" status and another 1
month informing me for my remed, renewal of my
passport because I am from 2011 applicant. And
even got a lawyer to defend my case.

It was just last May 8 that my status changed into
DM.

That is why I wanted to know if there is such a case
that status of DM was a refusal.

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
legendrock said:
i am sponsoring my wife she is in India
i have completed all my forms and everything just want to confirm the mailing address

Is this mailing address is correct applyinf for spouse, lives outside Canada,
Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#3900E6

Vijayfsw

May 10, 2014
Blossom318 said:
Thank You!

Can you Tell me a bit about how you went about applying for yours? I see that you landed in 2013. and CPP Ottawa is your visa office. How does that work? Thank you !

Hi

Ca

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
civic said:
Folks,

Please join me in signing this petition to demand CIC to improve processing time for inland spousal sponsorship and grant sponsored spouses Open Work Permit upon Acknowledgement of Receipt instead of AIP.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created

The result of this petition will be forwarded to the Minister and Director responsible for Immigration branch of CIC operations, as well as immigration media reporters. The more you spread this, the sooner we can reach the required number of signatures. So please help if we agree on this.

Thank you,
This is good even for outland apps, as it will shed light on the very absurd wait times overall.

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
Shrewdie said:
Hello everyone!

Me and my boyfriend are planning to send our application for PR soon. I am from Slovakia, met him in 2012 while I was visiting Canada, after that I came back home, got my WP throughout working holiday, so we could be together. We moved in together right after, so we became common-law when my WP expired. Currently Im here again as a visitor. As a proof we have only rental lease, we dont have joint bank account or life insurance on each other names, but we have a lots of photos, emails, skype sessions from time when I was back home, text msg as well and statutory declarations from his friends and family.
However, I was told our application may be to week and denied through not enough evidence for common-law union. We cant afford to pay consultant, so we are forced to do everything on our own and everybody here knows how freaking complicated this is.

So what are your experience and thoughts???
If they think it is too weak they will ask you for more documents. A common-law application that went through the Vienna VO was asked for much more documentation - I think they wanted pretty much everything the checklist asks for. But they sent it in and the outcome was positive.

One thing that is really important is for your partner and yourself (if you need to file taxes in Canada) is to file taxes and indicate you are in a common-law relationship and not file taxes as single.

It is also probably a good idea open a joint bank account and do whatever else you can before you send in your application.

niya

May 11, 2014
Hi,
gr8 post!!!I am an indian my husband's pr is on processing stage under canadian experienced class.
--Once he gets his pr,can we apply for my visitor visa??
--Once we apply and if i get through the process can i apply for my pr from canada???
--Heard it will take about 15 months to complete spousal pr processing so in the mean while, when my visitor visa gets expired can i extend my visitor visa???(i.e;when my pr is on processing stage can i extend my visitor visa,if so can i extend more than once)

Kindly help us out!!

Shrewdie

May 5, 2014
commonlawsponsor said:
If they think it is too weak they will ask you for more documents. A common-law application that went through the Vienna VO was asked for much more documentation - I think they wanted pretty much everything the checklist asks for. But they sent it in and the outcome was positive.

One thing that is really important is for your partner and yourself (if you need to file taxes in Canada) is to file taxes and indicate you are in a common-law relationship and not file taxes as single.

It is also probably a good idea open a joint bank account and do whatever else you can before you send in your application.
Don`t you think though that it look more suspicious if we open joint bank account so close to sending our application?
Also we made a huge mistakes with taxes, didn`t file them together thinking that we were common-law yet :\

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
niya said:
Hi,
gr8 post!!!I am an indian my husband's pr is on processing stage under canadian experienced class.
--Once he gets his pr,can we apply for my visitor visa??
--Once we apply and if i get through the process can i apply for my pr from canada???
--Heard it will take about 15 months to complete spousal pr processing so in the mean while, when my visitor visa gets expired can i extend my visitor visa???(i.e;when my pr is on processing stage can i extend my visitor visa,if so can i extend more than once)

Kindly help us out!!
Are you not included in your husbands application? He MUST have declared you already, so why are you not accompanying him? This is a VERY important question...