Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Shrewdie said:
Don`t you think though that it look more suspicious if we open joint bank account so close to sending our application?
Also we made a huge mistakes with taxes, didn`t file them together thinking that we were common-law yet :\
It's not just a "mistake" to file taxes as single when you are in fact common-law, it is tax fraud and is illegal. If you reached 12 months of living together anytime in 2013... then both of you for tax year 2013 need to file taxes as common-law. If you already filed as single, then just do a re-assessment of your 2013 tax return, and make the necessary change. It's very easy to do. Showing you filed as common-law is a great proof to include.

Other than that, you can get
- a joint bank account
- supplementary credit card in spouses name
- cheap term life insurance on each other.

Don't worry about getting any of these right before sending in the app. Just don't include any documents that showed when the policy/account was opened, and CIC won't even know if you got it days, months or years ago. All they will care about is you have joint finances.

Shrewdie

May 5, 2014
Rob_TO said:
It's not just a "mistake" to file taxes as single when you are in fact common-law, it is tax fraud and is illegal. If you reached 12 months of living together anytime in 2013... then both of you for tax year 2013 need to file taxes as common-law. If you already filed as single, then just do a re-assessment of your 2013 tax return, and make the necessary change. It's very easy to do. Showing you filed as common-law is a great proof to include.

Other than that, you can get
- a joint bank account
- supplementary credit card in spouses name
- cheap term life insurance on each other.

Don't worry about getting any of these right before sending in the app. Just don't include any documents that showed when the policy/account was opened, and CIC won't even know if you got it days, months or years ago. All they will care about is you have joint finances.
Problem is that we became common-law just now in May. But I was told we could have file our taxes together...strange, I know.

But thanks for idea with joint bank account. Will do!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Shrewdie said:
Problem is that we became common-law just now in May. But I was told we could have file our taxes together...strange, I know.

But thanks for idea with joint bank account. Will do!
So that means you first started living together in May 2013, and reached the 12 consecutive months in May 2014. So you officially entered into the common-law relationship in May 2014.

In that case, then you did the correct thing in filing taxes as SINGLE for 2013 tax year. Whoever told you that you could have filed as common-law, was completely wrong.

Since you are common-law, both of you should now tell CRA that you are common-law effective May 2014. If either of you were receiving any monthly tax benefits (like GST/HST credits etc) as SINGLE, they may end now that your family income will be used for qualifying. However you will not file taxes as common-law until the 2014 tax year is done (so will be around Feb 2015).

You can change your marital status automatically by logging into your CRA account online: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/ . Showing you changed your status, can also be used as proof in the application.

Aussam

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
In Process as of 15-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
Hi,
In regards to IMM 5669 Question 11: Did your sponsor meet any of your close friends or family?
Does Skype include "meeting''?
It's not in person but it's the same general idea.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Aussam said:
Hi,
In regards to IMM 5669 Question 11: Did your sponsor meet any of your close friends or family?
Does Skype include "meeting''?
It's not in person but it's the same general idea.
I like your reasoning but I don't think that this is what CIC had in mind when that question was formulated. "Meeting" really means "in person", not a teleconference. So, I would personally respond with "no".

Aussam

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
zardoz said:
I like your reasoning but I don't think that this is what CIC had in mind when that question was formulated. "Meeting" really means "in person", not a teleconference. So, I would personally respond with "no".
Thanks Zardoz,

Also For the question 15: Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage?
We got married at City hall with only 2 people in attendance. ( Wife's sister and brother in law)
We are going to have a bigger ceremony on a cruise ship in February 2015…. As all of both sides of family can make it and it takes time to organize especially mine coming from Australia, mind you, very expensive.
Should I include all this information or just leave it all as the initial city hall wedding?

Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Aussam said:
Thanks Zardoz,

Also For the question 15: Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage?
We got married at City hall with only 2 people in attendance. ( Wife's sister and brother in law)
We are going to have a bigger ceremony on a cruise ship in February 2015.... As all of both sides of family can make it and it takes time to organize especially mine coming from Australia, mind you, very expensive.
Should I include all this information or just leave it all as the initial city hall wedding?

Thanks
is the cruise ship going to be a CEREMONY or RECEPTION? there are separate questions for each. If you do intend to redo the ceremony, then i would include your plans along with the civil ceremony info since it can only add to the validity of your relationship. technically there can only be 1 legal ceremony. If there's no other ceremony plan, i'd describe the cruise as a reception.

svetty

May 12, 2014
Hi I just recently got marrried to a Jamaican . Sent out my paper work last week just curious and wanting some feed back on how long it took for the entire process took. Miss my husband and wanting to being him home. Thanks

Aussam

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
is the cruise ship going to be a CEREMONY or RECEPTION? there are separate questions for each. If you do intend to redo the ceremony, then i would include your plans along with the civil ceremony info since it can only add to the validity of your relationship. technically there can only be 1 legal ceremony. If there's no other ceremony plan, i'd describe the cruise as a reception.

Thankyou,
It's going to be another wedding ceremony and reception as all my family and most of my wife's family are able to come.
We never had a reception for our City Hall wedding though.

khj

May 12, 2014
Can anyone help me with this question...

number 15 on Imm 5490
Check ‘‘Yes’’ or ‘‘No’’ to indicate if there were a formal ceremony to celebrate the marriage.

Also, describe the rite (religion) in which the marriage was performed and to what faith you and your spouse belong to, if any. Include photos, if you have any, to support your story.

My husband if christian and I m hindu. I live in Canada and I m canadian citizen. we got married in india Arya Samaj I had visa off only one city and my husband just wrote in arya samaaj is hindu and ready to marry by hindu rituals. So can we write my husband converted to hinduism to marry me and he converted back to christanity

Does cic ask to give baptism certificate of something of converting back he was born christian he just wrote he is hindu arya samaaj that is arya samaaj converting u just write and get married as a hindu and this considers u are hindu.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
hi all here
cic requested for my education transcript and so far i have that of high school and university rranscript
but with grade 9 i have certificate to show but the problem here is that,the birth date on that certificate is diffrent from the other documents i have,wat should i do now,am confused
please i need ur individual experiences to push me go

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
khj said:

number 15 on Imm 5490
Check ‘‘Yes'' or ‘‘No'' to indicate if there were a formal ceremony to celebrate the marriage.

Also, describe the rite (religion) in which the marriage was performed and to what faith you and your spouse belong to, if any. Include photos, if you have any, to support your story.

My husband if christian and I m hindu. I live in Canada and I m canadian citizen. we got married in india Arya Samaj I had visa off only one city and my husband just wrote in arya samaaj is hindu and ready to marry by hindu rituals. So can we write my husband converted to hinduism to marry me and he converted back to christanity

Does cic ask to give baptism certificate of something of converting back he was born christian he just wrote he is hindu arya samaaj that is arya samaaj converting u just write and get married as a hindu and this considers u are hindu.
You had a ceremomy. Explain in detail what took place and who attended the ceremony. Show pictures and names of persons attended. As for the converting, why is he converting back to christianity? If he was baptized and converted, its ok i guess. But converting back again? This is not something people look favourably on. May give wrong impressions to visa officer as well. I don't know much about Hinduism, but if he wants to remain a christian, was it absolutely neccessary for him to convert in the first place? Just explain in a very detailed summary why and how you both did the ceremony. I don't think its needed to show his baptism certificate, if you say he was christian and converted to marry you, its understandable the visa officer could value this as a strong point, or a negative one (seeing he converts back again). Hope this helps a little.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Ghanaboy said:
hi all here
cic requested for my education transcript and so far i have that of high school and university rranscript
but with grade 9 i have certificate to show but the problem here is that,the birth date on that certificate is diffrent from the other documents i have,wat should i do now,am confused
please i need ur individual experiences to push me go
My guess is you would have to contact the university to make a request to fix error of date of birth. Not sure if its possible in your country however. Either way, the problem is a big one if the date of birth are different. Maybe someone else has more experience in your country.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
yeah actually the date on university records is the same as the one on my passport,but as to whether i should submit my certificate from grade 9 since its a document that preceeds my marriage,how ever,i have high school certificates and transcript and they all preceeds my marriage.so should i ignore sending the basic certificate just to be on the safer side or wat

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
khj said:

number 15 on Imm 5490
Check ‘‘Yes'' or ‘‘No'' to indicate if there were a formal ceremony to celebrate the marriage.

Replied to your PM.