London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
EricandLinda said:
I just paid for the fees online for our spousal sponsorship - outland.

I printed the receipt, and for filling in the details, I can't fill in Client ID! I don't have one yet!

Did I screw up something?

Thanks
Leave it blank. You only get a UCI (client ID) after you have darkened CIC's door, now or in the past.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
zardoz said:
Leave it blank. You only get a UCI (client ID) after you have darkened CIC's door, now or in the past.
Thank you.

For my spouse (principal applicant) on IMM 0008, should she use her old UCI # that she had gotten previously from her working holiday visa? or does she get a new one for this whole sponsorship process?

giny

Apr 3, 2014
Hi my name is giny. I am working as a part time receptionist. I will be getting arranged married in oct in srilanka. I really like him. I will be sponsoring him to canada after. I am new in all this spousership stuff. I dont want to cause a ddeelay in the sponsorship.I will be going there for 4 weeks,and i will have a wedding and a registeration there also. Is there a rule in srilanka that you have to stay specific # of days in srilanka before or after marriage inorder for sponsorship to be accepted? I cant get dayoff from work for more than 4 weeks Sad.
HELP!

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
EricandLinda said:
Thank you.

For my spouse (principal applicant) on IMM 0008, should she use her old UCI # that she had gotten previously from her working holiday visa? or does she get a new one for this whole sponsorship process?
As I understand it, your UCI is supposed to follow you throughout your dealings with CIC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=013

f1or3

Apr 4, 2014
Ok this probably has already been discussed on the forum, but for some reasons I can't find the topic.

I came to Canada 1 year and a half ago, on a 6 month open work permit issued by my country of citizenship - working holiday visa.
My boyfriend came with me, with the same visa.

He found a job that sponsored him - so I was sponsored as well as his common-law partner.

I got an open work permit and he got an LMO and work permit linked to his work place.

Now he left me, what happens to my visa?

Please help as I am going through one of the hardest moment of my life :'(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
f1or3 said:
Ok this probably has already been discussed on the forum, but for some reasons I can't find the topic.

I came to Canada 1 year and a half ago, on a 6 month open work permit issued by my country of citizenship - working holiday visa.
My boyfriend came with me, with the same visa.

He found a job that sponsored him - so I was sponsored as well as his common-law partner.

I got an open work permit and he got an LMO and work permit linked to his work place.

Now he left me, what happens to my visa?

Please help as I am going through one of the hardest moment of my life :'(
Replied to your other thread.

SparkBeni

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
submitted to ISB-- now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
File Transfer...
25-01-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2012 first med, 25-06-2014 2nd med
Interview........
----
Passport Req..
sooon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soonnn
SparkBeni said:
Hi everyone i am new to this forum, my husband have applied for spouse sponsorship for me back in August 2012, later i have not received any update from CIC for any medical to be done , since i have not submitted my medical with my file. then in 10 December 2012 my husband inquired CIC call center about my application they told him that they have already sent the file for medical to be done on 15 Oct 2012. We both got worried as the file was not received at our address, as their mail doesnot contain any tracking number so we cant track where my complete file is.. then we email them about our lost application and then they response in Jan 2013 to resend the file. After getting know my file is not with them not at our address and not at any post office i started making my file again and sent to my husband, he submitted on 16th Jan 2013 and we got an email from CIC on 25 Jan 2013 that our file is now in Islamabad. Since then i have no update about my file, status shows that medical results have been received and file is in process please find delay on emails .. i am soo worried its been more then 14 months and no update from their side,.... i know many of you have put your experiences here so please if somebody is also in the phase and also waiting for the response let me know.. Thanks
anybody please help?how many months it is taking normally for the applications of 2012 n 2013.also i need to know should i count months since when i have applied or when application reach to visa office?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SparkBeni said:
anybody please help?how many months it is taking normally for the applications of 2012 n 2013.also i need to know should i count months since when i have applied or when application reach to visa office?
Post your question to the Islamabad thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2012-2013-t103544.16395.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your entire application was returned to you then CIC will treat it as a brand new application ("fresh") from a processing time standpoint. If you were only asked to submit additional information / forms, then you should continue to be processed as a November applicant. Note that work permits can no longer be included with the application package but can only be sent once you have AIP. Also, inland sponsorship applications are now sent to Mississauga (not Vegreville).

If your lawyer knows what he/she is doing, he/she should be very familiar with all of the facts above.

ranzar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
File Transfer...
??-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-07-2013
Hi there forum mates! Need some help and advice here. I sponsored my husband last Aug but d/t some problems (missing info/signature), our application was returned and hence I resend it on Sept. I haven't received any email nor letter regarding the AOR/SA. i called CIC and found out that my email address that they have is incorrect. Nonetheless, I have nothing to be worried that time because the CIC call center agent told me that the file was now transferred to Manila visa office. Still, up to now, I have NOT received any letter NOR does my husband. I have been checking ecas, it only states there: application received (under application for PR).

IS IT NORMAL? not to receive any letter (that includes the file number etc),. DO we have to worry? What should we do?

PLEASE HELP. MANY THANKS.

Degi

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Alberta-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 6 2014
AOR Received.
AUG 6 2014
File Transfer...
SEP 26 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 12 2014
Passport Req..
SEP 29 2014
hello all

i'm about to send my application, my husband is sponsoring me. and the question is should we send out the application separately or together? its a big pile of files since i included all the supporting documents of our relationship, so would this be okay or not?

any explanation based on experience would be really appreciated, thanks all

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ranzar said:
Hi there forum mates! Need some help and advice here. I sponsored my husband last Aug but d/t some problems (missing info/signature), our application was returned and hence I resend it on Sept. I haven't received any email nor letter regarding the AOR/SA. i called CIC and found out that my email address that they have is incorrect. Nonetheless, I have nothing to be worried that time because the CIC call center agent told me that the file was now transferred to Manila visa office. Still, up to now, I have NOT received any letter NOR does my husband. I have been checking ecas, it only states there: application received (under application for PR).

IS IT NORMAL? not to receive any letter (that includes the file number etc),. DO we have to worry? What should we do?

If the email address that was on file was incorrect, your AOR/SA have probably been lost in the ether... If they have ANY email on file for you, they don't send a paper copy. You should contact CIC again to make sure that the correct email address is now on file, even if they said that they would do it before. You can try asking them to provide you with the information you are missing...

ranzar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
File Transfer...
??-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-07-2013
zardoz said:
If the email address that was on file was incorrect, your AOR/SA have probably been lost in the ether... If they have ANY email on file for you, they don't send a paper copy. You should contact CIC again to make sure that the correct email address is now on file, even if they said that they would do it before. You can try asking them to provide you with the information you are missing...

Thank you. Is it okay to ask them about file num?

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
ranzar said:

I am sitting here excited about my spouse arriving in about 4 weeks. Still checking in on the forum because of habit I guess. Note that we experienced the same thing, nothing on line except "application received". Well much to our surprise, my spouse received a call March 13th, not an emailed, from CIC in Manila. The officer told her to bring her passport in to the Makati office right away to have her visa stamped and receive the PR confirmation letter. She was told the visa had to be used before May 26. So the point is. Enjoy the information and support on this forum, but do not get too hung up on the process. They seem to be working hard to speed things up. It wasn't until about three days after my spouse received her visa and PR confirmation letter that the online status was changed to DS. Never said in process. Take care.

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
Just one question. Is there anything on your ecas regarding the sponsorship approval? We did see on our sponsor application section "DM" but again nothing ever on the PR applicant side except "application received" . It sounds like your sponsorship was likely approved and the rest is also close to being processed or in process.