Spousal sponsorship

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi Guys,
In Appendix B checklist, CIC requested 8 photos (45-35 mm) of applicant and his/her family.
Does it mean only principal applicant needs to provide photos or Sponsor needs too?
Help me plz !
Thanks
Cheers,

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
aribc said:
Hi Guys,
In Appendix B checklist, CIC requested 8 photos (45-35 mm) of applicant and his/her family.
Does it mean only principal applicant needs to provide photos or Sponsor needs too?
Help me plz !
Thanks
Cheers,
If it helps, I sent 9 photos of myself (sponsor), and 9 of my spouse (principal applicant). I recall same question when we did ours. So when in doubt, do both. Note that our applications were processed with out any problems. So if I can help with questions, feel free to ask.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mosaab said:
what do you think about visa issuing ?
is it be in the visa office ( like Cairo office ), or they sent the passport to Canada to stamp it ?
Visas are put into passports ONLY at the visa office processing the application (so Cairo).

aribc said:
Hi Guys,
Applicant only. Family is any dependents also being sponsored.

Sponsor does NOT need to provide any immigration photos.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Does Sponsor need to meet minimum income amount? (Form IMM5491E Checklist)
Im sponsoring my wife, and there is no Dependent/Co-Signer in our application.
Thanks

monologst

Feb 28, 2014
Rob_TO said:
Disability is meant to support 1 person, not 2.
first of all thanks for reply
so please tell me what we have to do to be accepted by cic
she is coming next month what should we do
if we get married and live together for 6 months ? and after that she go to Canada and find a job and the we apply for the spousal sponsorship ?
is that fine or we have to live together for one year before applying ?
and also could she get disability while she is outside Canada if yes so how ?
sorry for many question but its our future
thanks a lot

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
aribc said:
Does Sponsor need to meet minimum income amount? (Form IMM5491E Checklist)
Im sponsoring my wife, and there is no Dependent/Co-Signer in our application.
Thanks
no. somewhere in the forms it explains that sponsor's income is not considered when sponsoring your spouse. However, they do ask for a bit of employment history. Mostly they want to be sure there will not be a cost to the government should something go wrong during the three year temporary PR period. They also want to be sure the sponsor is not depending completely on social assistance. I may find the information for you at a later date.

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
Rob_TO said:
Your PR status will be determined by if you submitted your application before or after Oct 25, 2012, or if after that date by how long you had been married/common-law at the time you submitted the app.

And for citizenship, keep in mind that days spent in Canada before you have PR status, only counts as 1/2 a day.

So to satisfy the current eligibility of 3 of past 4 years, the quickest possible time to qualify for citizenship is 2 full years after becoming PR.
Calculation would be 2 years before getting PR = 1 year of qualifying (at 1/2 time) + 2 years as a PR, for total 3 years in past 4.

Also there is a good chance the new rule of 4 of 6 years will kick in later this year, although this would not have an impact on you as you could calculate 4 years before PR = 2 years (1/2 time) + 2 years as a PR = 4 years in past 6.

Thanks Rob! You really are a Champion Member! Appreciate the reply and information so much. You Rock!!!

LiftedR

May 30, 2012
eemsley said:
no. somewhere in the forms it explains that sponsor's income is not considered when sponsoring your spouse. However, they do ask for a bit of employment history. Mostly they want to be sure there will not be a cost to the government should something go wrong during the three year temporary PR period. They also want to be sure the sponsor is not depending completely on social assistance. I may find the information for you at a later date.
wow i did not know that. I always thought if you have low income you cannot sponsor people.

sakay

Jul 21, 2013
hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me.

my wife had a student visa in canada then had a PGWP.. then after it expired we applied for inland spousal sponsorship last july 2013 + application for visitors visa. last august she got visitors permit for 1 year.

so now, i am wondering, can we still apply for OWP? or is it too late? if its not, where do we send it?

anybody here has experience on this? thanks

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Rob_TO said:
And for citizenship, keep in mind that days spent in Canada before you have PR status, only counts as 1/2 a day.

So to satisfy the current eligibility of 3 of past 4 years, the quickest possible time to qualify for citizenship is 2 full years after becoming PR.
Calculation would be 2 years before getting PR = 1 year of qualifying (at 1/2 time) + 2 years as a PR, for total 3 years in past 4.

Also there is a good chance the new rule of 4 of 6 years will kick in later this year, although this would not have an impact on you as you could calculate 4 years before PR = 2 years (1/2 time) + 2 years as a PR = 4 years in past 6.
Unless I'm greatly mistaken (and I'm pretty sure I'm not) time spent before you are a PR can only count as a maximum of 1 year (i.e. 2 years or more counts as 1 year). Under the proposed rules set to kick in later this year, you won't be able to count any of the time you spent in Canada before you got PR, unless that proposal has recently changed.

EDIT:
"Currently, each day that applicants spend in Canada before they become PRs counts as a half day of residence toward fulfilling their residency requirement for citizenship. Under the proposed measures, time spent in Canada as a non-PR would no longer meet citizenship residency requirements."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2014/2014-02-06a.asp

lavender111

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MOSCOW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
Doc's Request.
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2013
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
7-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi guys,
could anybody help me !! i have a question , i got passport request with APPENDIX (A) with no picture request, and here i read a lot about APPENDIX(B) with picture requested, so what the difference between A & B ?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
BeShoo said:
Unless I'm greatly mistaken (and I'm pretty sure I'm not) time spent before you are a PR can only count as a maximum of 1 year (i.e. 2 years or more counts as 1 year). Under the proposed rules set to kick in later this year, you won't be able to count any of the time you spent in Canada before you got PR, unless that proposal has recently changed.
Yes the current rules state 1/2 time for before PR, and you need a minimum of 2 years as PR. So as my calculation showed, would need 2 years as non-PR (= 1 yr qualifying) and 2 years as PR to get the 3 years.

And yes you are right, new rules seem to be eliminating non-PR time completely! So would have to get all 4 years as a PR. This would double the time for some people if the law passes in the current proposed form.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
monologst said:
first of all thanks for reply
so please tell me what we have to do to be accepted by cic
she is coming next month what should we do
if we get married and live together for 6 months ? and after that she go to Canada and find a job and the we apply for the spousal sponsorship ?
is that fine or we have to live together for one year before applying ?
and also could she get disability while she is outside Canada if yes so how ?
sorry for many question but its our future
thanks a lot
There is no firm answer to your question. Whether you are interviewed and whether you are accepted for PR or not, depends on the view of the visa officer that will review your application and situation. You can always try to apply and see what happens, but usually it's better to submit a strong application first, instead of a weak one that may be rejected and have to go to appeal.
You have tons of red flags in your case. You are much younger, the Canadian is on disability so can be seen in a vulnerable state, you have never met in person and established entire relationship over internet, I assume you have never met each others family, and you want to get married very soon after meeting for first time.
In order to have a better shot at getting accepted, you should spend as much time together in person before getting married. Also for a wedding you should ensure family and friends are able to attend. Also you will need to satisfy how you both intend to support yourselves when in Canada.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
BeShoo said:

EDIT:
"Currently, each day that applicants spend in Canada before they become PRs counts as a half day of residence toward fulfilling their residency requirement for citizenship. Under the proposed measures, time spent in Canada as a non-PR would no longer meet citizenship residency requirements."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2014/2014-02-06a.asp
I'm trying to wrap my brain around this so I fully understand what's being implied here:
I've spent 3 full years in Canada before leaving late 2012(failed refugee), of those three years('09-'12), 2.5 were under refugee status. We've sent in our sponsorship app mid Jan.'14, and via Vienna it may take a year or so to process. If the new rules take effect, lets say tomorrow for the sake of argument, would my (half)time still count? Or do applicants, who have applied already but have not received PR yet, fall into the NEW criteria?
My apologies if this was answered somewhere.