Spousal sponsorship

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question: can a study permit holder withdraw from class and just stay at home if s/he has a pending spousal application in Canada?
Thanks

ms. grateful

Mar 24, 2014
need some help.....I'm from the philippines and is currently cohabiting with a canadian boyfriend for 14mos.....planning to apply for tourist visa and once in canada, apply for common law sponsorship....I have a question regarding what to put in the marital status in the form....single since we're not yet married? Here n the philippines we don't have the status common law...it's either single or married

If I put single in the tourist visa application, would this be a problem once we apply as common law once in canada?

Pls, help

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Please tell me if possible. I eneter Canada as a tourist. Since I am still married in the Philippines and still using my exhusbands last name I dont have any choice but to put in the marital status that i am married. Because divorce is not welcome in the Philippines. Now when I came here in Canada, luckily found a job and now I have a work permit. Is it possible for me to declare that I have a common law partner back home? We've been living together for 3 years. I have no idea then that there is such thing here in Canada as a common law partner. If I knew I should have declared it then..... Please help.

shujath ali

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2009
Doc's Request.
SEPT 2012
AOR Received.
24-JAN-2013
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
24-JAN-2013
Med's Request
15-04-14
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Interview........
DECISION MADE. . . . 08-02-15
Passport Req..
09-02-2015 PP SUBMITTED 10-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015 INSHA ALLAH
Hi guys, can any 1 plz help me out on 25-03-2014 my dad received a call from new delhi office that we have not collected our medical request papers which they have sent to us, but it doesnt even reached my residential address Embarrassed Embarrassed Shocked Shocked Sad Sad i dont know what to do? plz share ur experience as this is really pissing me off. . . . .

plz reply on this. . .. . . .it may help to get my medical req soon so plz. . . .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Windragon100576 said:
Please tell me if possible. I eneter Canada as a tourist. Since I am still married in the Philippines and still using my exhusbands last name I dont have any choice but to put in the marital status that i am married. Because divorce is not welcome in the Philippines. Now when I came here in Canada, luckily found a job and now I have a work permit. Is it possible for me to declare that I have a common law partner back home? We've been living together for 3 years. I have no idea then that there is such thing here in Canada as a common law partner. If I knew I should have declared it then..... Please help.
You should ask this question in the foreign workers section of the forum.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windragon100576 said:
You should have checked common law because that was your current status when you applied but you could have included a letter explaining that you were still legally married but separated from your husband. You could try to correct your marital status, try to explain that you made a mistake. It would not have affected your application being common law and separated vs. being married so it is not a mistake that somehow benefitted you.

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Leon said:
You should have checked common law because that was your current status when you applied but you could have included a letter explaining that you were still legally married but separated from your husband. You could try to correct your marital status, try to explain that you made a mistake. It would not have affected your application being common law and separated vs. being married so it is not a mistake that somehow benefitted you.
Do you think I can still fix this? Like write a letter and explain......

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Windragon100576 said:
Do you think I can still fix this? Like write a letter and explain......
It's the best option moving forward. The risk is that if they discover this, they will determine that you committed misrepresentation. If you instead say "at the time I did not realize that this was important, but I've since learned otherwise, please know that this is the actual situation" you have done as much damage control as you can given the circumstances.

somaia

Mar 24, 2014
If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.
Hello, this information and website is really helpful and informative. I am a PR resident as well. In 21/06/2013, I went back home for one month to get married, before processing my husband's application. I have sent my husband's application forms in 21/03/2014. I wonder if this has any influences on my husband's application not to be refused. I am looking forward for your replies.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
somaia said:
If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.
Hello, this information and website is really helpful and informative. I am a PR resident as well. In 21/06/2013, I went back home for one month to get married, before processing my husband's application. I have sent my husband's application forms in 21/03/2014. I wonder if this has any influences on my husband's application not to be refused. I am looking forward for your replies.
To answer your question, I also went back home in June 2013 to get married and stayed for a month over there. Then I applied after coming back in Sept, 2013. then again went on vacation in Jan19,2014 and came back in Feb19, 2014 while her PR application was processing and I actually gave my confirmed ticket for this trip included in the PR application that I will go again in Jan for a month.
So I don't think there is anything to worry about otherwise they would have let me know by now, I believe :)
But better not to play with it because we never know. I did it because I had to as I couldn't live separated from her for that long.

somaia

Mar 24, 2014
oh I know good luck and I wanted to know if you are a PR or a Canadian citizen, because I am a PR sponsoring my husband to Canada? Thank you so much. it means a lot to share our ideas

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
somaia said:
oh I know good luck and I wanted to know if you are a PR or a Canadian citizen, because I am a PR sponsoring my husband to Canada? Thank you so much. it means a lot to share our ideas
I am a PR.

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
computergeek said:
It's the best option moving forward. The risk is that if they discover this, they will determine that you committed misrepresentation. If you instead say "at the time I did not realize that this was important, but I've since learned otherwise, please know that this is the actual situation" you have done as much damage control as you can given the circumstances.
You mean when I write the letter I should elaborate everything in all honestly why I did'nt het to check "common law"?