+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

monologst

Feb 28, 2014
Rob_TO said:
What country are you from? With a big age difference, her having no income, you've never met in person, and want to get married and apply for PR right after meeting her, I'd say you have a high chance of rejection. It could look to visa officer like you are just using her to get PR status.
If you really want her to sponsor you, you should spend time together in person first, before thinking about getting married.
im from egypt and we prepare to spend one month after marriage do i still dont have good chance to be approved ?

monologst

Feb 28, 2014
kickb said:
There are many ref flags on your case

1. Age Gap
2. No income of sponsor(Anyways for spousal visa this is not they actually look for)
3. She gets benefits
4. Online relationship and never met each other

As suggested you need to first spend time with each other in person and even after than you may be required to proove that you are not using this to get into canada to get status.
All the best :)
that means if we spend together one month and get married and start sponsorship process that would be no red flags?
we love each other
12 years gap between us
im an egyption
proof of relationship one year on the internet skype print , facebook,letters,photos etc...
she has no income
just one month together in real
so what do u think our chance is ?
thanks a lot

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
KKRSTNA said:
How much are the extension fees? and when should I apply before my 6 month visitor status expire? Is two weeks prior too late?
The fee is $ 75. Apply about a month before expiry, although if I'm not mistaken once you apply you receive a grace period of a couple of months while they are processing.

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
Hi guys, so I have a couple of quedtions that I hope someone can shed some light on please:)

My situation:

In Canada Spousal Sponsorship
First stage approval received
Open Work permit received
Just waiting on police clearance from Namibia then a discision should hopefully be made
and I will have to attend the LANDED IMMIGRANT INTERVIEW.

My question :

Does my wife (my sponsor) definitely have to attend this interview? She has a job offer for a
2month teaching job in the UK and we are afraid these 2 events might happen at the same time.
Is there a way she can not attend the interview? Perhaps an declaration of some sort or an affidavit?

Thank you and godspeed

lunaverse

Jul 8, 2013
Hello everyone, I've been reading these posts with great interest and keen to share and learn. Although this post contains subject matter that could be posted on several different threads they are all so interconnected that I feel compelled to list my "whole story" in one post first so please forgive me for the long post.

I am South African (female), my fiancé is Canadian (male). We are both currently in Canada. I am here as a visitor (on a multiple entry TRV), been granted an extension of stay until 1 October, 2014.

We applied for sponsorship as common-law partners, in Canada, in February 2013. In February 2014 we received a positive letter confirming we were found eligible for sponsorship and permanent residence and that a decision was made, but when we went for our interview, the same month, it was determined that we did not meet the requirements of common-law partnership because we had not been cohabiting IN CANADA together for 1 full year. I pleaded that we weren't able to live together in Canada any sooner than the CIC determined "lock in date" because I was still contracted to work in another country. That didn't matter to our interviewer and consequently my permanent residence application was refused. Had we waited 2 more months we would have met CIC's requirements for being common-law partners. Lesson learned: always wait until you fully meet all the requirements, then post your application. While we were waiting we have been common law for 2 years so we're getting all our papers together to re-apply. We estimate that we will have everything ready to submit around mid-May. And here are our complications and questions...

- - - TRV Related - - -

We realise that everything is trickier when you're not married, so we are doing a civil marriage soon, though our actual ceremony for friends and family isn't until August (that's the only time we could get everyone from various parts of the world together in Canada). As far as wedding plans go we are well ahead of the game, with bookings made for venues, cake, entertainment, rentals, accommodation, transportation and decorations and outfits are already ordered. It's a special occasion, everyone we've invited is excited and we already have 80% of our guest list confirmed to attend. Exciting stuff, except for one major problem. CIC (Pretoria) have refused my mother a visitor visa to come to Canada and attend my wedding. What's a wedding without your mother?! We were all stunned by the news. The reason: "Your daughter's permanent residence application has been refused and she has no legal status there at the present time." Well, that's incorrect, I have a very fancy-paperd Visitor Record document that says I am permitted to stay in Canada until 1 October 2014. My mom will submit a new application soon with a copy of my Visitor Record as well as a more descriptive invitation letter from my fiancé.

Questions:

1. My Visitor Record permitting me to stay until 1 October 2014 counts as "legal status", right?

2. Do you think my mom will be granted a visa after submitting evidence of my legal status?

3. My fiancé will write a new invitation letter for my mom; we are wondering whether it would make a difference if his relationship to my mom is "son-in-law" rather than "future son-in-law". Would her request for a visa have more clout if there was a piece of paper to submit as evidence, confirming that they are legitimate relatives?

4. I know that no amount of pleading because we've already planned and paid non-refundable deposits for so much of the wedding will make a CIC officer change their minds, but failing the above what else can we submit to further bolster my mom's TRV application?

5. My mom will come to Canada with my dad, a British National who doesn't need a visa (lucky bugger). They had planned to stay in Canada for 2 weeks, then fly to the US to visit my brother and his family for 2 weeks before returning to Canada for our wedding and the remaining 10 days of their trip. Thus, she had requested a multiple entry visa (probably making it harder). Maybe she should ask for a single entry? Might that improve her chances?

- - - Spousal Sponsorship Related: Inland vs. Outland - - -

My fiancé and I keep debating which 'way' to apply: inland or outland (Pretoria). We've already done inland and we didn't like that we couldn't freely travel abroad, so for our second application we are considering applying outland. Our travel plans for the next year are such that we will not be in Canada for longer than 3-4 months at a time, and we can probably have flight and accommodation confirmations to show as evidence of when next we will leave the country. It is my desire to return to our home in Canada after each trip, after all, I have spent the last 2 years waiting on an inland application, making Canada my home.

Questions:

1. If we apply outland, I worry about the possibility of being refused entry after one of our trips. If I am refused entry into Canada, will that have an impact on our sponsorship application? I am aware that it may mean I have to wait out the duration of my application in another country until the application has been approved, but just want to make sure that the decision to not allow me to enter will negatively affect the decision to grant me permanent residence, does that make sense?

2. If we apply outland, there are 2 address that we have to provide, one is a "mailing address", that I understand and know will be our address in Canada. The "residential address" has me concerned. Since I have been living in Canada for the last 2 years I do not have a residence anywhere else, but since I am applying outland I technically do not "live" in Canada, I am just a visitor. I understand that a residential address can be any country in which you have been granted residence for a minimum of 1 year. For me this would default to South Africa, even though I haven't lived in South Africa since I was 12 (am now 37). So would it be OK if I used my parents's address as my residential address?

3. As I understand it if we apply inland, while our application is being processed I will still have temporary resident (visitor) status, also known as implied status, even though I will have applied for an extension of stay to make sure my status remains legal. So, considering our dilemma with my mom's visa application mentioned above, would an extended period of legal status in Canada help my mothers case? Or does the CIC just not grant visas to family members of those who are only "visitors" in Canada?

- - -

That's all for now folks. I thank everyone who takes the time to read this and respond. I appreciate everyone's opinion and am praying that we all get through our applications with a positive outcome!

NGE

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2012
Hi,

I am a bit confused to fill the form IMM0008 at section #3 How many family member including you, are in this application? what would be the number ? 1 or 2
I am sponsoring my wife and on other...
Please reply me

Onyex2012

Mar 12, 2013
Please anyone with timelines, I'm applying to sponsor my wife who is in canada with a student visa and I plan on also applying on open work permit change of status. Does anyone know approximately when the first stage approval comes with an open work permit? And also how long does it take from apply to final approval?

Please any input will be appreciated.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
ABHICHARU said:
hello dear,
hw r u??
do my whole family have t go through medical exam if i m applying for spousal sponsership.
Yes, your whole family has to have medical exams because if they are inadmissible, so are you. You could sponsor them later, so it has to be determined now if you'll be allowed to do that later. Check to see the definition of "family" for this particular requirement. I think it includes your sons and daughters. I'm not sure if it includes anyone else.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
computergeek said:
I thought this number was high, so I went and looked (data.gc.ca publishes the immigration data - its the most downloaded data set). While not 25%, it was high at 19%.
So, it's more like 1/5, rather than 1/4. I actually forget where I got the figure but it seemed like a credible source for a ballpark figure. My only point was that it's relatively high. Thanks for the actual number from the figures in that data set.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
KKRSTNA said:
Will I be denied if I don't do it a month prior? I don't have a month! :((((
We have applied twice by mailing a request (or doing it electronically) on the very last day of the current Visitor Record. I don't recommend taking such a chance, but it actually seems like they go by the postmark on your letter if they can read it. It would be safer if you sent it in time for them to get it by the last day.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Not to be a pest, but since this is a main thread I was wondering if anyone can take a look at my topic?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hello-finally-starting-pr-process-have-a-few-questions-t192236.0.html

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
monologst said:
that means if we spend together one month and get married and start sponsorship process that would be no red flags?
we love each other
12 years gap between us
im an egyption
proof of relationship one year on the internet skype print , facebook,letters,photos etc...
she has no income
just one month together in real
so what do u think our chance is ?
thanks a lot
Well if she has no income you chance is 0.. she will be rejected right away before they even look at your application.. there is aminimum income requirement for sponsorship.. i dont think there is ANY way around that.. maybe get her to work full tiem for a year and viisit you once more ( or you visit her)... you dont want to take a chance and get rejected because an appeal could be messy. One month of knowing someone in person does not sound adequate but then again I have seen in happen before ( as long as everything else matches up you might have a shot)

ABHICHARU

Mar 10, 2014
hii..
i use to stay with my father and mother, and my wife is sponsering me from canada,now i m going for an upfront medical exam, so whole family have to go through medical so my father and mother too have to go through the exam??? and do i have to take d60 form with me??

salocin

Feb 10, 2014
sent application April 30, 2013
Start working on Application May 9, 2013
Decision Made Feburary 28
Landing Interview Letter dated March 14, 2013
Landed March 25, 2014
PR Card...awaiting....

am happy....anxiously awaiting for PR Card

rainshine

Mar 21, 2014
Cavite
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9,2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
January 22, 2014
Med's Request
Re-med request June 25, 2014 ,remed done July 10,2014, forwarded to CEM July 22,2014
Med's Done....
May 9, 2013
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014 (Sent June 26, 2014 and Representative Beronia received it June 27 2014
VISA ISSUED...
In process August 7, 2014 DM Sept. 1, 2014.
LANDED..........
October 2, 2014
salocin said:
sent application April 30, 2013
Start working on Application May 9, 2013
Decision Made Feburary 28
Landing Interview Letter dated March 14, 2013
Landed March 25, 2014
PR Card...awaiting....

am happy....anxiously awaiting for PR Card
congrats :)