17-02-2014
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi all,

Can a sponsor leave Canada for a month vacation while spousal application is under process?

Thanks,
Arravv

haritsharma

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI/INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 April,2013
AOR Received.
26 APRIL 2013
Med's Done....
2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
Hello, i received a e-mail from visa officer and they said mine interview is on mid march 2014.i am very upset now.my problem is my education qualification.I am only 10+2 and my spouse qualification is MA Hindi,MA English and one year diploma.but till now i am working in state govt. service from my age of 20 years.my whole family living in Canada and my spouse whole family living in Canada also.but they both are living in different states.even my brother in law was married with my sister after 2 days of my wedding.he is cousin brother of my spouse.but our marriages are real.we both belongs to same culture,same cast,same language,same religion,first marriage both and we performed weddings and receptions very well.our marriages are arrange marriages.when my spouse in Canada i was talk with her on Skype 1st time but now i have no Skype history due to i am not using Skype after that.we talk every day on our mobile phones.i have only last six months calling details.my parents and my spouse parents come from Canada on wedding.about 10 people come from Canada on our wedding but now i feel visa officer looks our marriages are not real but our weddings are real it is true.how i prove/show in front of visa officer.i am very confused.please advise me?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
arravv said:
Hi all,

Can a sponsor leave Canada for a month vacation while spousal application is under process?

Thanks,
Arravv
If the sponsor is a Canadian citizen, no problem. If however the sponsor is a PR, they are pushing their luck a little with a month. If CIC find the sponsor unavailable when they need to contact them, they *might* take the view that the sponsor is not resident in Canada and push the "abort" button.

Bottom line: It's probably going to be OK, but it's a small risk.

arravv

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
zardoz said:
If the sponsor is a Canadian citizen, no problem. If however the sponsor is a PR, they are pushing their luck a little with a month. If CIC find the sponsor unavailable when they need to contact them, they *might* take the view that the sponsor is not resident in Canada and push the "abort" button.

Hey Zardoz,

Thanks for your reply. I was actually planning to go for a month and am taking International Voice package with my mobile network, so I will be answering to calls as well as respond to any emails from CIC.
Do you know if they reject the application if :
a) I do not answer the call or respond quickly to their email? or
b) If I am not physically present in Canada when they try to contact me?

Thank you,
Arravv

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It's a grey area really. The basic thing is not to make CIC suspect that you might not be resident, and thereby be excluded as an eligible sponsor. You could probably prove that you are, in fact, resident but do you need the hassle of having to do so? Just make sure that someone is checking your post and that you are reachable by email and phone.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello guys,

Currently im residing in canada as a PR. Just had my holidays dito sa PH for a month and married my long time girlfriend...

Can anyone please help me, we just need an idea where to start and how to start processing her application and some useful tips like, better ba if dun sa pag send ng application sa 1st step mas maganda ba if included na ung NBI/Medical or whatever? Meron kameng konting idea where to start but I just wanna take it from you guys and We will really appreciate it sobra. Thanks you so much in advance :)

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
neochanges1 said:
Hello guys,

Currently im residing in canada as a PR. Just had my holidays dito sa PH for a month and married my long time girlfriend...

Can anyone please help me, we just need an idea where to start and how to start processing her application and some useful tips like, better ba if dun sa pag send ng application sa 1st step mas maganda ba if included na ung NBI/Medical or whatever? Meron kameng konting idea where to start but I just wanna take it from you guys and We will really appreciate it sobra. Thanks you so much in advance :)
In spite of wondering if you are drunk after reading that question. Phliglish? ;-) I think you should start by referring to the first post on page one of this thread.

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
haritsharma said:
Hello, i received a e-mail from visa officer and they said mine interview is on mid march 2014.i am very upset now.my problem is my education qualification.I am only 10+2 and my spouse qualification is MA Hindi,MA English and one year diploma.but till now i am working in state govt. service from my age of 20 years.my whole family living in Canada and my spouse whole family living in Canada also.but they both are living in different states.even my brother in law was married with my sister after 2 days of my wedding.he is cousin brother of my spouse.but our marriages are real.we both belongs to same culture,same cast,same language,same religion,first marriage both and we performed weddings and receptions very well.our marriages are arrange marriages.when my spouse in Canada i was talk with her on Skype 1st time but now i have no Skype history due to i am not using Skype after that.we talk every day on our mobile phones.i have only last six months calling details.my parents and my spouse parents come from Canada on wedding.about 10 people come from Canada on our wedding but now i feel visa officer looks our marriages are not real but our weddings are real it is true.how i prove/show in front of visa officer.i am very confused.please advise me?

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
Best advise is to relax and be yourself. Honesty is what they will appreciate. Education is not the only thing of value. Life experiences and true relationships are just as important for CIC.

semi

Jan 14, 2012
Hello .. I am on pr in Canada ...can u plz tell abt the processing time of visa after requesting passport from New Delhi .. I applied for my husband and they asked for passport on 10 oct 2013.. And till now I am waiting for his visa:(((((

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
zardoz said:

I am not getting the link now but what I know it said in that link that its OK.
For example, I am a PR since June-2012 and applied for my wife outland in 2013. Within a month I got both sponsorship approval and CSQ for her.
I am also a full time permanent employee at Montreal and I can afford to take vacation for a month long. so why shouldn't I be taking if I want?
In my knowledge, if you are not residing in Canada for over 6 months/year then you are putting your PR status in trouble and your sponsorship can face issues, but 1 month should be ok.
Still I hope my wives file gets processed soon as its in Singapore now and says "application received"; I can't take it any more, this separation is killing me.
But at the end its just my way of thinking.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
semi said:
Hello .. I am on pr in Canada ...can u plz tell abt the processing time of visa after requesting passport from New Delhi .. I applied for my husband and they asked for passport on 10 oct 2013.. And till now I am waiting for his visa:(((((
You still have a long wait. New Delhi ask for your passport very early in the process.

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
arravv said:
Hey Zardoz,

Thanks for your reply. I was actually planning to go for a month and am taking International Voice package with my mobile network, so I will be answering to calls as well as respond to any emails from CIC.
Do you know if they reject the application if :
a) I do not answer the call or respond quickly to their email? or
b) If I am not physically present in Canada when they try to contact me?

Thank you,
Arravv
Hi! My husband called the cic call center from inside canada to ask about our rprf payment as well as his taking a planned vacation for two weeks in the Philippines (that's where we're from) and the agent told him that if his status is PR, it is alright to go in and out of canada several times during the application process most especially if you already received your sponsorship eligibility. So, no need to postpone your trip. It makes sense because you're not a prisoner there. Besides CIC doesn't call. They either send snail mails or email you for whatever confirmation or additional documents they will be requiring from you. My suggestion is for you to call the call center and take their advice. ;D

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
maronvomra said:
I am not getting the link now but what I know it said in that link that its OK.
For example, I am a PR since June-2012 and applied for my wife outland in 2013. Within a month I got both sponsorship approval and CSQ for her.
I am also a full time permanent employee at Montreal and I can afford to take vacation for a month long. so why shouldn't I be taking if I want?
In my knowledge, if you are not residing in Canada for over 6 months/year then you are putting your PR status in trouble and your sponsorship can face issues, but 1 month should be ok.
Still I hope my wives file gets processed soon as its in Singapore now and says "application received"; I can't take it any more, this separation is killing me.
But at the end its just my way of thinking.
You are missing the point. To be eligible to sponsor anyone, a PR must be resident in Canada. If CIC think that you are not currently residing in Canada, for any reason, they can refuse the PR application. It's nothing to do with your PR status.

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
neochanges1 said:
Hello guys,

Firstly, it's totally fine to use taglish because not everyone here speaks the language. Your post, your call on what language to use ;) if you're looking for a guide on the process of sponsoring your spouse, it is always best to refer to this website www.cic.gc.ca. All info you need are there. That's the website i used to arrange all our documents,application forms etc. etc. you may send a pm if something is unclear and lets's see how i can help you out ;)