29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
kandy said:
Hello,

I applied for my wife in September 6 and they requested for her passport on October 24 and after no response. Moreover the ecas status so shows application received. The last modified date (on the bottom of the page) of ecas status is November 7 2013. Does anyone else see any other date than Nov 7th.

Is any else Ecas last update date different than November 7th??????

Let me know if it is different.
Ecas won't tell you anything anyway. I knew you were, suspected you were ND office as they hold the passport for a long time there. You can order GMCS notes if you want to see your file and what's going on with it but no guarantee there will be a review note on it at this early stage. A lot of waiting with no news goes on in this process

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Rob_TO said:
You can't respond to CIC by calling them or by going in person. I assume in the letter you got they asked you to submit additional proof, so you must do that by mail. Calling them will be useless in this situation.

What proof did you initially show to prove your 12 months of cohabitation? It sounds like it wasn't very much, as they were not satisfied. Remember if you can't prove it, then to CIC it didn't happen.

I suggest to show all possible proofs you can that show you had lived together for 12 continuous months. This could be things like:
- testimonial letter from landlord where you first lived together, that states you were living together
- mail addressed to each of you, delivered to your common address
- joint bank account or supplementary credit card in spouses name, showing same address
OP has stated the first house was his and see ions they bought together but she wasn't allowed on the mortgage.
Mail bills etc are a great idea. I'm surprised you had no contract whatsoever listing her as part owner of your home. You should get this. Hit a lawyer and have the divide and detail totally straight in your minds so you can get it written without the extra expense of doddling with a lawyer. I can't know what evidence you gave our what you could give, but rack your brain for anything, include testamonials. Get one from the person that did your mortgage. A contact is big and would probably do it, but be varied.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
localola said:
I have a general question with regards to the wait after the Interview. Hubby had interview January 16 2014. After the interview he was asked for another police clearance of which he provided. All the relationship evidence that I provided was returned to him. After the interview he was told that he will receive a call within 60 days. Is this a normal timeline?
Any feedback would be appreciated
Localoa
I don't think it's abnormal. But hopefully it will be faster than that

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Dale456 said:
I am in need of some advice on my application to sponsor my girlfriend who lives with me in Canada.

Here is where were we are at this point,
My girlfriend was in Canada on a 1 year working holiday from Ireland, we met the second month she was here and moved in together shortly after.
After her first year was up she activated her second 1 year visa that was approved and we then decided I was going to sponsor her to become a permanent resident.
Our application for Permanent Residence Sponsorship from Inside Canada was received April 5th 2013 and the online waiting time for a sponsorship inside Canada was 6months, this was extremely misleading and caused a lot of stress as every few months the wait times were extended by the same amount of time that had passed :(
So I contacted CIC after countless phone calls every day I finally got through to get some advice, they recommended we apply for a open work permit as the application wait times were only getting longer and her Working Visa was going to expire before the application would be looked at. We applied for the work permit but I was not told and I didn't check that there as a fee to this application, this was my fault for not checking but these things are new to me so the Visa has now expired and we have no working permit.
Now we have just received a letter from the processing facility saying they are not satisfied with our proof that we have lived together, this is where I have the big issue. My girlfriend has been living with me for 2+ years, at first in my house that I own, and now in a house that we purchased together. But I cannot prove this because when we purchased our home the bank would not allow her to be on title of the home because she does not have residency in Canada.
I have been trying to call CIC every day for hours on end on two separate phones but I cannot get through, I enter my information then a recording comes on saying there is no one to answer my call and it hangs up, I have repeated this process hundreds of times now and I don't know what to do.

Is there someone I can contact or a building I can go to in Canada that has someone who will receive me? I don't mind flying to Calgary or Toronto if needed(we live in Saskatoon).

I don't mind waiting for the processing time to take as long as it needs to, money is not a restriction as I can support both of us comfortably, the big thing for us right now is my sister is getting married out of country in May and it would be horrible if we cant go together because I fear if she leaves the country she will not be able to get back in.

I know that is a mouthful of information, but I am lost with what to do at this point and all I want is someone to talk to that can give me direction.

Thank you for reading!
Sadly, if she had applied Outland (which she is permitted to do, even if she is in Canada) she would likely be done with the process by now.

The issue of proving your common-law relationship is a typical one. While CIC lists documentary evidence that establishes it, that is not the only way to achieve this. You can also submit statutory declarations from people who know you: friends, family, people that provides services to you. When we applied, we included a letter from our doctor and one from the owner of our gym. Photographs of you together, evidence you traveled together, letters addressed to each of you at the same address, etc. All of these can be used to demonstrate that you are in a common-law relationship

CIC is very careful to limit access to their officers. Thus, the don't offer walk-in service at offices - you can only meet by appointment. The call centre isn't going to be able to do much. It's certainly not worth anything in a case like yours because they cannot do anything to assist you.

If you feel strongly about contacting someone, I'd suggest contacting the MP for your riding. You will find that there is probably someone on staff familiar with CIC and the vagaries of the process. THEY will be able to call and speak with someone, even when you cannot.

Good luck!

MK88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Dec-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
07-Jan-2014
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2014
Med's Request
15-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
16-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 ~Submitted 02-Mar-2015~
VISA ISSUED...
04-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
March 2015
toutesweet said:
Sounds like it would be your sponsorship approval so stage 1 of your application . I just have to ask you did you not give them email addresses? It sounds like you are expecting a letter. this sort of communiqué is normally done by email. It's certainly easier to get email and speedier.
I had my husband fill the designated representative form so I can't say for sure however as the sponsor is the one applying for approval I suspect that notification goes to the sponsor regardless. Even though we filled the form, I only got those first two notifications (sponsorship approval and application received) and the updated doc request and ppr went to my husband.
Why do you feel the pinch of urgency might I ask? What is your concern? It can take a bit from decision made to a communication. I don't think it's any reason to be concerned.
Thanks for your answer.
Yes I did give them the email address but so far i have not received any email from them about the decision being made. it says the letter was sent on January 15 2014, and the only email i got from them was when they told me my UCI and file number, also that was emailed on 7th January so I'm guessing that's not the one. however i haven't received any mail form them either so far. What concerns me is that i have just recently shifted home with my husband and i have yet to change his mailing address. so if they send it to my Canadian address that's fine, but if they had sent it to my husband's address, which is now the old address, then that would b concerning. which bring me to my second question of how do i change the address? i know i can fax them but what is the Mississauga Visa processing office fax number? or if i can email them then what is their email address? Also, what kind of a decision to they make in the sent letter? is it the decision that I have provided them with all completed documents and file being transferred to my selected VO?
Please, would appreciate all help

Thank you!

ManpreetSondh

Dec 24, 2013
hi am there said:
u wil have to send both the passports..
can u post ur application timelines here
do u need to send the passport on this address
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath Chanakyapuri, P O box 5209, new delhi
or
High Commission Of canada
P O Box 5209,
New Delhi

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
MK88 said:
Thanks for your answer.
Yes I did give them the email address but so far i have not received any email from them about the decision being made. it says the letter was sent on January 15 2014, and the only email i got from them was when they told me my UCI and file number, also that was emailed on 7th January so I'm guessing that's not the one. however i haven't received any mail form them either so far. What concerns me is that i have just recently shifted home with my husband and i have yet to change his mailing address. so if they send it to my Canadian address that's fine, but if they had sent it to my husband's address, which is now the old address, then that would b concerning. which bring me to my second question of how do i change the address? i know i can fax them but what is the Mississauga Visa processing office fax number? or if i can email them then what is their email address? Also, what kind of a decision to they make in the sent letter? is it the decision that I have provided them with all completed documents and file being transferred to my selected VO?
Please, would appreciate all help

Thank you!
You applied inland so you can change her address online on the CIC website. If they were suppose to have sent it to you on the 15th I would get your MP to find out where they sent it too. Just send them an email explaining the situation and they'll get a constituency worker on it.

MK88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Dec-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
07-Jan-2014
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2014
Med's Request
15-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
16-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 ~Submitted 02-Mar-2015~
VISA ISSUED...
04-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
March 2015
toutesweet said:
You applied inland so you can change her address online on the CIC website. If they were suppose to have sent it to you on the 15th I would get your MP to find out where they sent it too. Just send them an email explaining the situation and they'll get a constituency worker on it.
But i didn't apply inland. I applied outland because my husband lives in Malaysia, and me being the sponsor am currently living with him. We just shifted to a different house within Malaysia. My mailing address is of Canada's because I keep going back and forth. But my husband is in Malaysia and it's the Malaysian address we have to change. So any suggestions on how should i change the address?

Thank you so much for replying back, however still need more info :(

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
MK88 said:
But i didn't apply inland. I applied outland because my husband lives in Malaysia, and me being the sponsor am currently living with him. We just shifted to a different house within Malaysia. My mailing address is of Canada's because I keep going back and forth. But my husband is in Malaysia and it's the Malaysian address we have to change. So any suggestions on how should i change the address?

Thank you so much for replying back, however still need more info :(
I am so sorry I had you mixed up with someone else. In that case you should send the Email notifying of the address change to the vo that is processing your application which I'm aiming is the Singapore office. I changed my husband's email address this way. Sorry about the confusion

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Hi Guys

Is it mandatory to apply within an year of marriage for spouse or even we can apply after 1 year of marriage?

The other question is what if the Husband (PR Holder) is not in Canada, Can he still apply for his wife and kid? Does he has to show any LICO?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
xaideez said:
Hi Guys

Is it mandatory to apply within an year of marriage for spouse or even we can apply after 1 year of marriage?

The other question is what if the Husband (PR Holder) is not in Canada, Can he still apply for his wife and kid? Does he has to show any LICO?

Thanks
You can apply at any time and there is no LICO. A PR must reside in Canada to be able to sponsor. Only Canadian citizens get an exemption.

Fireblade

Nov 9, 2012
toutesweet said:
You can apply with dual intent or she can just and you can get married then and apply inland. Greece has a not so long processing time I imagine. All of my friendsthat were ssponsors or sponsored said inland was the way to go but I think one got an open work permit which is hard to do now or at least more complicated, one it worked out because they were a stay at home parent, and one said it was hard with his wife not being able to work (not even financially, just made her crazy) so that part is up it your individual thoughts and needs. Inland keeps you sure of not spending a day away from your spouse, but you will probably manage this with outland anyway. However if her visa is not extended she would have to leave at the end of the visitors visa until the process finished. Can't work as a visitor either so I really think in your car it's six of one half a dozen the other, but outland will probably be faster.
Good info to ponder. Thank you, toutesweet.

MSAM

Jan 9, 2014
ASALAMUALIKUM ,
my case history .. (wife case )
app filed : november 2011
app recevd : january 2012
remedical done : june 10th 2013 6 to 7 months passed no response .. status medical recived ...
still waiting my passport request n this 2014 june my medical will expire....
or bhi koi haai yahaan jo mere turhaan ppr waiting pay hain? :(

Racheltaylor

Jan 27, 2014
Hi All,

I sent out my husband's inland sponsorship application at the beginning of this month which was received by CIC-vegreville on January 13, 2014. How long does it take to know our has been approved in principle? My husband's work permit will be expired on August 29. Do you think we have time to apply the open work permit?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Racheltaylor said:
Hi All,

I sent out my husband's inland sponsorship application at the beginning of this month which was received by CIC-vegreville on January 13, 2014. How long does it take to know our has been approved in principle? My husband's work permit will be expired on August 29. Do you think we have time to apply the open work permit?

Thanks
At last count, up to 11 months.