Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
Hello senior,

Am sponsoring my wife, i sent all her document to CPC. but i didn't pay RPRF yet, someone told me it compulsory to send with all the application package... I don't know if this is true or not.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Lucasvilla said:
Hello senior,

Am sponsoring my wife, i sent all her document to CPC. but i didn't pay RPRF yet, someone told me it compulsory to send with all the application package... I don't know if this is true or not.
It is not true. The RPRF payment can be deferred.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
It is not true. The RPRF payment can be deferred.
Yes it can deffered we sent it from the first but it wasnt right i mean we sent 415 not 490 they said they will refund 415 and it will deffered to another time so no problem but as i know that if u pay it from the first u will not waste time

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I am sending in an inland app, spousal sponsorship. I want to courier it instead of mail. Can someone post the address I courier it to? Thanks!

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
London, ON
The present guide for in-Canada sponsorships lists only a mailing address, as noted below. Although CPC Mississauga and CPC Sydney provide courier addresses, CPC Vegreville does not. But if you use Canada Post Express Post, you will get a tracking number and CPC-V should get your application within two working days.

Case Processing Centre
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta
T9C 1W3

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
So I should just use Can Post expresspost to this address? Thanks.

Case Processing Centre
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta
T9C 1W3

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have some questions. As a PR, I applied for my wife 3 months back; outland application and in cic website it says now 28 months for Singapore office. My brother applied for PR from Bangladesh for his full family also. Now is there any difference in processing time and procedure since I am sponsoring my wife comparing to my brothers PR application as they are already living together and for them 2/3/4 years shouldn't matter. My PR application should get more priority in a sense right, as I am living without my wife even though I am married or they are all same?

I read somewhere also that applications in Quebec process faster than other provinces even though we have an extra step of getting CSQ, is that true or its justl has been seen like that?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked by someone already.

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
Hey to all of you! :D

I'm a total newbie here and i`m a bit confused with a few stuff.

1. My canadian husband is living in Quebec... I understood that the process for QC is a bit different. You first apply to CIC, then after the sponsorship application is aproved, you apply to Quebec (to MICC). From here i demand a CSQ (that Certificate de Selection du Quebec) and so on.
My problem is that in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) that you need to submit to CIC, they ask you about CSQ, and if you don't have it, why and when did you apply for it. => So when do i need to ask for CSQ? It's confusing because i thought that Quebec issues this certificate only after CIC approves your app??

2. If i read correctly, in the guide they say that for every document, you need to send the ORIGINAL document + legalized copy in the native language + legalized translation? Is that even allowed? I kinda need my original ID card here. I hope i understood wrong!

3. I saw they give you a PDF file form for requesting the police certificates.. Here in RO you don't need that to obtain it. Therefore is it mandatory to complete that form too?

4. When they ask me for my mailing adress, i have more details that i can't fill out there (entrance number, block number, so on). Is that so important? (given the fact that i provide them with an e-mail adress? )

5. When they ask me about my education.. I have a particular situation: I did 2 years of medical school, never finished it though. Do i write them to the education too?

6. the Schedule A - Background Declaration (IMM 5669) + the Additional Famlity Information (IMM 5406) -- need to be completed by my canadian husband too?

7. Is is really a problem if i didn't take my husband's family name? (i still have my maiden name - otherwise i would need to change passport, ID card and so on). do they find it suspicious? should i change my name before applying?

I'm really sorry for sooo many questions, i'm just worried they might refuse the application based on little reasons or who knows! :-[

I really hope someone can answer me, i would deeply appreciate it!! :)

Good luck to everyone that applies or applied already!!

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
maronvomra said:
Hi everyone,

I have some questions. As a PR, I applied for my wife 3 months back; outland application and in cic website it says now 28 months for Singapore office. My brother applied for PR from Bangladesh for his full family also. Now is there any difference in processing time and procedure since I am sponsoring my wife comparing to my brothers PR application as they are already living together and for them 2/3/4 years shouldn't matter. My PR application should get more priority in a sense right, as I am living without my wife even though I am married or they are all same?

I read somewhere also that applications in Quebec process faster than other provinces even though we have an extra step of getting CSQ, is that true or its justl has been seen like that?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked by someone already.
OK, is your brother Canadian and living in Bangladesh with his wife? Or applying under something other than family class? Unfortunately when you apply outland spousal whether or not you are living without your spouse is irrelevant. If he is Canadian and applying spousal and living in Bangladesh he would have to prove he was intending to move back to Canada with her when PR is approved. If it's some other PR application it will be completely different. For you and your wait time it is dependant on the strength of your application, children if any, and very much on the luck of the draw as to which VO yourcar is assigned to as some seem to be considerably faster than others. There is a while Singapore timeline thread btw. :) Lots of applicants through Bangladesh and mostly spousal.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
sunshinemrc said:
Do you see any big red flags??? After readisng the horror storeis on this site, i am getting really scared for our application.

I am 6 years older than my husband, is that a red flag?Huh WE are both in our 30s, (my husband is 30 I am 36), we are planning on having kids though, by all means, we want a family and if Goqqd give us (2 or 3 kids).

We never been married before, no kids from prior relationshup, also we did not date or have very serious relationship before we met. my husband was a professional athlete and he traveled a lot so he didnt want to settle down until he retired from sport. Me, I dated, but not much, i was busy with school and have very strict and traditional parents, even at 30 i could not just go out, always i had to tell my parents where i go and with whom, and usually had to be home by 11pm.

We have same religion, and similar background, lot of evidence of marriage, we had formal engagement party, and big traditional wedding. We know each other 1.5 year before engagement. Do you see any big red flag?
Not at all from what you've said sunshinemrc, don't worry. My husband andI have over twice your age gap and the rest similar (he is an athlete too even but just recreationally now) and bf with no interview so really don't worry. It's just a wait. What office are you applying through?

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
CutiePie92 said:
Hey to all of you! :D

I'm a total newbie here and i`m a bit confused with a few stuff.

1. My canadian husband is living in Quebec... I understood that the process for QC is a bit different. You first apply to CIC, then after the sponsorship application is aproved, you apply to Quebec (to MICC). From here i demand a CSQ (that Certificate de Selection du Quebec) and so on.
My problem is that in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) that you need to submit to CIC, they ask you about CSQ, and if you don't have it, why and when did you apply for it. => So when do i need to ask for CSQ? It's confusing because i thought that Quebec issues this certificate only after CIC approves your app??

2. If i read correctly, in the guide they say that for every document, you need to send the ORIGINAL document + legalized copy in the native language + legalized translation? Is that even allowed? I kinda need my original ID card e. I hope i understood wrong!

3. I saw they give you a PDF file form for requesting the police certificates.. Here in RO you don't need that to obtain it. Therefore is it mandatory to complete that form too?

4. When they ask me for my mailing adress, i have more details that i can't fill out there (entrance number, block number, so on). Is that so important? (given the fact that i provide them with an e-mail adress? )

5. When they ask me about my education.. I have a particular situation: I did 2 years of medical school, never finished it though. Do i write them to the education too?

6. the Schedule A - Background Declaration (IMM 5669) + the Additional Famlity Information (IMM 5406) -- need to be completed by my canadian husband too?

7. Is is really a problem if i didn't take my husband's family name? (i still have my maiden name - otherwise i would need to change passport, ID card and so on). do they find it suspicious? should i change my name before applying?

I'm really sorry for sooo many questions, i'm just worried they might refuse the application based on little reasons or who knows! :-[

I really hope someone can answer me, i would deeply appreciate it!! :)

Good luck to everyone that applies or applied already!!
1. Don't know
2. No. Original marriage certificate. And of course original Passport when they ASK you for it. Photocopies of ID card and whatever other stuff they ask for from your country with official translation.
3. We applied with a criminal records check and redid the criminal records check (expired) without using a form.
4. If there is not enough space to write your address in a complete way how the post office in the applicant's home country would understand it, on a separate page, write the question number from the form and the full address. Be sure to include at the top of the page, the applicant's name, file number and UCI if you have either of those yet. It's best to include this as best as possible even though they'll probably not use it. Someone typoed my husband's email address and they sent a letter as a result for example of what can go wrong
5. yes. Include it even if you didn't finish. Absolutely include it
6, No
7. No. Absolutely no. In Quebec you're not even aloud to legally for a certain period of time and it will just make things worse, more complicated, and more prone to error. Stick with your maiden name through the process

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
tugsthebugs said:
Hi,

My wife is Canadian Citizen and I live Mumbai-India. During my interview on September 5,2013 Immigration Officer said you've successfully passed eligibility criteria and returned all original documents like wedding pictures, flight tickets, phone bills, email copy etc and Passport without Visa stamp.

Below is my application timeline:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 26, 2012.
2. AOR received on September 11, 2012 requesting Passport, Supporting documents, police certificate etc.
3. Entire package sent on September 20, 2012.
4. We started processing your application on September 5, 2013.
5. Interview scheduled for September 5, 2013.
6. Second time Medical results have been received on October 15, 2013.
7. Received call from CIC and to send Passport again (Second time) on October 25, 2013.
8. Passport received by CIC on October 28, 2013.

how long will it take for Passport stamping in New Delhi? Please advise what would I expect next? What will be the next stage? Approximate how long will it take for the entire process to complete?

Please share your experience and valuable input. Your help is greatly appreciated. Me and my wife stressing out so much as we are apart since long time and process taking so long.

Thanks you.
Hey tugsthebugs, from what I have seen floating around this forums topics ND can hold a passport for quite a long time before returning it with a stamp. Have you checked for a ND timeline specific forum? I think there is one. Someone said something about the govt in India needing your original passport to do a criminal records check or something? I just couldn't believe how long they could hold your passport for specifically out of New Delhi. Check around the forum and see if you can find it. I will check when I have time to find where I saw that too. Good luck for a speedy visa

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
KaZRa said:
Ok, help me weed this out please. In trying to follow the CIC definition..
his 2 children are both 18 or older, were never in his custody. A small child support order still remains for one of them which he pays. One is living with her child and common-law spouse. Other is with his maternal grandmother and working, going to school (finishing high school). I have no idea if they should be included or not!
Here's the thing, if they are not accompanying they still need to be declared. That is all. If they ever decide they want to come to Canada he could sponsor them as his kids how ever many years from now, however if he does not declare them now, that option may be closed in the future. This happens more than it should. Usually when people are declaring on another kind of pr and are afraid declaring their wife and our kids will hinder their application, then when they try later it's considered bad faith. You do not have to do a criminal records check, medical check etc for non applicants, but you do have to mention their existence.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
remonda said:
Hi all
We recieved an email from mississauga today saying that my husband met the elegibility to sponsor me and our 15 years son but they will refund for us an extra money to our adress they said that it is more than the fee they want
How can they deliver the money for us by dhl?by cheque
Pls anyone knows
Is this approve means that is our condition is good is that mean they will also approve for us in step 2
Thanks
Inland or outland? Is Mississauga your final office? Did you over pay the entire process? Approval for step one does not at all guarantee approval for step 2