29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
remonda said:
Hi all
We recieved an email from mississauga today saying that my husband met the elegibility to sponsor me and our 15 years son but they will refund for us an extra money to our adress they said that it is more than the fee they want
How can they deliver the money for us by dhl?by cheque
Pls anyone knows
Is this approve means that is our condition is good is that mean they will also approve for us in step 2
Thanks
Just means that they agree your husband makes enough money to take care of/for you as need be during your initial 3-5 years, and they are not concerned you will fall on the govt dime. I'm sure the rest will go smoothly to though, so don't worry. Immigration is an exercise in patience mostly. If you put in a reasonable amount of evidence of your relationship, you just have to wait for the red tape to clear.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
When paying fees online for sponsor app, under "What are you paying a fee for?" am I selecting "Spouse and common-law partner in Canada Class" or "Family Class (Spouse or common-law partern, grandparents etc...).

AND..it looks like I am selecting for Sponsorship App., Principal Applicant and also Right To Permanent Residence fee? (The others don't apply to us).

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toutesweet said:
Inland or outland? Is Mississauga your final office? Did you over pay the entire process? Approval for step one does not at all guarantee approval for step 2
Our sponsor is outland. missisauga is for step 1 .the over pay is for sponsorship me and our son
.how can i recieve it in our adress ?we paid online will they send us a cheque ?
I want to know if this approval include approved for my sponsor intention to return to canada or this thing will be reviewed in step 2
Thanks

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toutesweet said:
Just means that they agree your husband makes enough money to take care of/for you as need be during your initial 3-5 years, and they are not concerned you will fall on the govt dime. I'm sure the rest will go smoothly to though, so don't worry. Immigration is an exercise in patience mostly. If you put in a reasonable amount of evidence of your relationship, you just have to wait for the red tape to clear.
Yes exercice in patience you are right
Many thanks for ur reply

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
When enclosing documents, do you need to make multiple copies of some? I noticed some forms ask for the same documentation, such as divorce certif or marriage certif, passport etc... can you just include the one copy of those or need to make one for each form?

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
remonda said:
Our sponsor is outland. missisauga is for step 1 .the over pay is for sponsorship me and our son
.how can i recieve it in our adress ?we paid online will they send us a cheque ?
I want to know if this approval include approved for my sponsor intention to return to canada or this thing will be reviewed in step 2
Thanks
I imagine they would send it to the address you put on your application, or hold it towards your future fees. To be honest I'm not sure, I paid for all the fees up front myself. Perhaps not the smartest thing to do to save a couple of bucks interest, but worth it to not have to think about it again. I knew there would be more costs (medical, travel, and postage) so just wanted to have the big stuff out of the way and not feel the pinch of that thrown on later.

Canuckluvus

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
toutesweet said:
I imagine they would send it to the address you put on your application, or hold it towards your future fees. To be honest I'm not sure, I paid for all the fees up front myself. Perhaps not the smartest thing to do to save a couple of bucks interest, but worth it to not have to think about it again. I knew there would be more costs (medical, travel, and postage) so just wanted to have the big stuff out of the way and not feel the pinch of that thrown on later.
personally, I think applications that have paid all the fees upfront are processed faster!

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Canuckluvus said:
personally, I think applications that have paid all the fees upfront are processed faster!
I thought that too, less steps for them to go through. Although we don't seem to be indicative of that ;-)

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
toutesweet said:
OK, is your brother Canadian and living in Bangladesh with his wife? Or applying under something other than family class? Unfortunately when you apply outland spousal whether or not you are living without your spouse is irrelevant. If he is Canadian and applying spousal and living in Bangladesh he would have to prove he was intending to move back to Canada with her when PR is approved. If it's some other PR application it will be completely different. For you and your wait time it is dependant on the strength of your application, children if any, and very much on the luck of the draw as to which VO yourcar is assigned to as some seem to be considerably faster than others. There is a while Singapore timeline thread btw. :) Lots of applicants through Bangladesh and mostly spousal.
My brother is not Canadian citizen, he applied under skilled worker as he is a doctor.
And regarding my case, may I ask what you meant by Strength of application and I don't have any children, just my wife and she is also a doctor.

thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
maronvomra said:
My brother is not Canadian citizen, he applied under skilled worker as he is a doctor.
And regarding my case, may I ask what you meant by Strength of application and I don't have any children, just my wife and she is also a doctor.
I think the confusion is that you have posted this in "family sponsorship" but if your brother is applying as a "skilled worker" questions would be better in the skilled worker forum (where people are familiar with the very different rules for skilled worker).

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi, I am sponsoring my wife who lives in India and I just sent off all the paperwork to CPC- Missisauga.

However, I realised that I sent only a printout of the proof of employment required to be provided by the sponsor (me).

In the checklist however, it says 18: Provide a 'original' letter of employment from your employer.....

Will my application package get returned since I did not provide the original but a copy of it? My employer allows me to download the letter from our internal website to avoid paper mails and so I just printed out my employment letter.

Pl advise

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuckluvus said:
Actually i paid all fees upfront but i calculated it wrongly so the remaining money was not enough for the right of the PR I THINK THAT IF THEY GAVE ME THE FACILITY TO complete the amount of the fees through internet it will be easy but they didnt

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
maronvomra said:

thanks.
My concern is not of my brothers application. I just wanted to know which process is faster since both me and him are applying for PR; the difference is mine is spouse sponsorship and his is skilled worker class.

And one more thing, can my job (job type) speed up her PR process?

Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
maronvomra said:
And one more thing, can my job (job type) speed up her PR process?
No, your job type can't speed the process up.

All applications are processed as they are received. None get priority over another. Some take longer or quicker than others depending on if there was a backlog of applications, the particular visa officer assigned to your application and how quick or thorough he/she is, if there are any red flags, how long it takes them to do security checks etc etc.

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
Hello Senior,

After getting AOR from CPC mis. what's next and how do i know if document has been transfer to VO ?