+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kuchii09

Dec 10, 2013
hi, i was wondering what visa i can apply for with this kind of situation

my boyfriend and i are in a relationship and we decided that we should get married, he is twice my age (i'm 19 and and he's 39) and he wants me to go to canada and marry him there since same-sex marriage is allowed in Canada. i already have a 4 year degree here in The philippines and was wondering if that could help? or is it even possible? thank you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kuchii09 said:

my boyfriend and i are in a relationship and we decided that we should get married, he is twice my age (i'm 19 and and he's 39) and he wants me to go to canada and marry him there since same-sex marriage is allowed in Canada. i already have a 4 year degree here in The philippines and was wondering if that could help? or is it even possible? thank you!
You need to apply for a TRV visa, in order to visit Canada. You will need to prove strong ties to the Philippines so CIC will be convinced you will return after the visa expires.
And you already have a 4 year degree at age 19? Showing your current education or work commitments, may help in getting your TRV.

If you can go to Canada and get married, then you could apply for PR status. However if you have some red flags (your big age difference is already one, plus if you have not met very often in person or have been dating only a very short time before you get married) then you could have a long wait or require an interview.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
kuchii09 said:

Yes your education background would help so much for your application to Canada. Attach it together is better :)

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
My wife is currently filling up her OWP application. In page 3 of the application DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA, did need to answer the QUESTIONS 2-5? what should she answer to those questions?

She's currently holding a valid work permit valid until September 2014, but She's on EI already since August 2013 and will apply Maternity Leave on January 2014 as She's about to give birth by February 2014 on our first baby.

thank you

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
nismopinoy said:
My wife is currently filling up her OWP application. In page 3 of the application DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA, did need to answer the QUESTIONS 2-5? what should she answer to those questions?

She's currently holding a valid work permit valid until September 2014, but She's on EI already since August 2013 and will apply Maternity Leave on January 2014 as She's about to give birth by February 2014 on our first baby.

thank you
She still fills up her intention to work in Canada basing on her education background even though she will give a bird of ur baby since this is not only for now but for her work in Canada later :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Joda12 said:
I am an American citizen and my fiancé is a Canadian citizen. We have been dating for almost two years and just got engaged a little over two weeks ago on her latest visit here. We are planing on getting married on her next trip to the states in a couple months and I have a few questions that maybe somebody here may be able to answer.

I would love to be able to just go up to Canada and visit her but I have a felony conviction from almost eight years ago on my record. From what I have read I'm not eligible to apply for rehabilitation because my probation ended in 2011. I didn't do any jail time and have changed my entire life since then. I was charged with obtaining a prescription by fraud/deceit and also have a few other minor issues from almost ten years ago none of them felonies. One of my biggest concerns is I was charged with carrying a concealed weapon but it was dropped because I had my conceal carry permit at the time but the cop arrested me anyways so it shows up on my record regardless. I am in the process of trying to get my record expunged but because of the one felony I may not be able to in the state that I live.

From what I have read I could apply for a temporary resident permit but I can only do it at a port of entry and am afraid that if I try and am denied entrance it will only make the situation worst for me. I'm trying to figure out if its better to have her come down here and we get married then apply for a spousal sponsorship or if we should apply for a sponsorship now just to get the ball rolling before we are married. I believe we have enough evidence to show that our relationship is genuine so I'm not worried about that part I'm just worried because I made a mistake a long time ago that it still may be held against me. I'm aware that actions have consequences and accept them fully I just feel bad that my past is keeping me from being with the love of my life.

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Only convictions are considered, not charges that are dismissed. So the weapons charge will not be considered.

To enter Canada you will need to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP), which is used to overcome the inadmissibility. This is a discretionary document that may be issued if there are sufficient grounds for doing so. As a result, you do have a complex application (particularly since you have multiple summary convictions) and will need to work with an attorney experienced in preparing TRP applications for criminally inadmissible applicants. While there are a lot of attorneys out there, only a handful have experience - and success with such cases.

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Is It advisable?

Please,I seek the attention of able professionals on this question.
Just getting to know some useful information and evidences we didnt include in our application initially.Even some other things like money transfer(wester union) jst came up between me and my wife recently and we wrote ''no'' in that section of ''did u receive any gift from your sponsor and did your sponsor receive any gift''.
My question is this : Can we forward these new evidences to them now that our application is in process or what? If we do so or not I hope it wont affect us?
Please your contributions will be highly appreciated.Thanks.

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Re: Is It advisable?

MANOFGOD said:
Please,I seek the attention of able professionals on this question.
Just getting to know some useful information and evidences we didnt include in our application initially.Even some other things like money transfer(wester union) jst came up between me and my wife recently and we wrote ''no'' in that section of ''did u receive any gift from your sponsor and did your sponsor receive any gift''.
My question is this : Can we forward these new evidences to them now that our application is in process or what? If we do so or not I hope it wont affect us?
Please your contributions will be highly appreciated.Thanks.

Hi MANOFGOD

I am in the second stage of sponsorship process and had the same doubt as you.
I called CIC and for a miracle some good soul there helped me with that.
She answered me to dont send any documents after the application, just if CIC required it.
So If CIC has some doubt about your process they will send some letter asking for more proves about your relantionship or even ask for an interview.
Hope this information helps you. Good luck!

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Re: Is It advisable?

danib said:
Hi MANOFGOD

I am in the second stage of sponsorship process and had the same doubt as you.
I called CIC and for a miracle some good soul there helped me with that.
She answered me to dont send any documents after the application, just if CIC required it.
So If CIC has some doubt about your process they will send some letter asking for more proves about your relantionship or even ask for an interview.
Hope this information helps you. Good luck!
Thanks so much.I really appreciate.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Senior members please check out the thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants-t64640.1245.html

ANigerian has posted (bottom of page 84) the following:

Point taken regarding residency, however, that is not the issue!

Ask yourself the question, how can you sponsor a spouse to be a resident if YOU are not currently IN (not resident requirement here) the country, how will they fulfill the residency requirement when they become a PR? The only exception to this rule as I said earlier is for Canadian Expats, currently working overseas for CANADIAN Company!

I will urge the poster to check the sponsorship rules properly!

The above was in reply to my post which reads as follows:

A canadian citizen can live out of the country during spousal sponsorship as there is no residency requirement for a Canadian Citizen (as there is one for a Canadian PR).

In your application you can most definately put down London as the VO, however in the end it will be the decision by CPC- Missisauga as to where they will forward the application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I have responded to that thread...

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
kuchii09 said:

Hi, I don't know how much the degree will help for trv but it sure won't hurt. The important thing is to convince CIC you have ties to your country and will return. Your age might actually help with that.
If you get it and get married, outland application through the Philippines is fast. The most important thing is to keep a record of all evidence of your relationship. Phone bills, Skype records, testimony from friends and or family from both of you, pictures and any evidence of travels together, emails etc. It's even more important to have those things for same sex marriage. I know people who have done it. Other options are student visa or work visa if you have skill set our background that is on the list of in need workers.
Hope that helps guide you a little

Terrykhan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/12/2013 (Wife Case)
AOR Received.
File# given on 31/12/2013 via email
File Transfer...
FEB 22,2014(London)
Med's Done....
Remedical 24 Nov-2014
Interview........
Status Changed to Decision Made(12/6/2014). Interview Waived
Passport Req..
1/8/2015
VISA ISSUED...
2/17/2015
LANDED..........
2/20/2015
Hello guys ,

I need ur help. i m applying for my wife from quebec.
The issue is tht i was unemployed for few months and then
i registered for the public prescription drug plan from RAMQ recently
as it was mandatory.But then i got job few days later . i will be covered
by private plan after 3 minths thereforevi cannot deregister thos drug
insurance plan.
During my unemployment i never intended to take social assistance
from the gov as ppl who go on social are not eligble for 12 minths
to sponsor anyone. Now i m worried whether this insurance plan is
also considered as social assistance. Will they reject my wife's application?
Plz help

arbhie

Dec 11, 2013
PHILIPPINES
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA, PHIL.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
02-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
24-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2013 Re-Med 10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2014 IN PROCESS 07-Oct-2014 DM 14-Dec-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IN GOD's PERFECT TIME - CLAIMING THIS MONTH LORD!!!!
LANDED..........
IN GOD'S PERFECT TIME
Hi! I am new to this forum. I am sponsoring my common-law partner in the
Philippines. I just gave birth. We didn't live together for 12 consecutive months because I already migrated to Canada. But when we celebrate our 3rd year Anniversary we started living together but for only a few months then after 3 years when I went back for vacation we continue living together until I got pregnant. We were in a long distance relationship and our communication stayed strong. Do you have any idea how long should I have to wait for?

Thank you! :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
arbhie said:
Hi! I am new to this forum. I am sponsoring my common-law partner in the
Philippines. I just gave birth. We didn't live together for 12 consecutive months because I already migrated to Canada. But when we celebrate our 3rd year Anniversary we started living together but for only a few months then after 3 years when I went back for vacation we continue living together until I got pregnant. We were in a long distance relationship and our communication stayed strong. Do you have any idea how long should I have to wait for?

Thank you! :)
So have you at any time actually lived together for 12 continuous months, with no breaks?

If not, then there is no chance you can qualify as common-law. You would have to wait until you do reach 12 continuous months, OR if you get married.

Outland apps through Manila are taking around 1 year these days. Better to check in the Manila thread on this site to see peoples current times.