Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
KIM1960 said:
Thank you for your replay. I just wondering: when CIC refused to keep his PR status, they literally refused to give him an immigration visa.
No, loss of PR status is not a refusal of an immigration visa. But since you are concerned, I would suggest attaching a statement along with the application explaining the exact situation.

I don't understand why CIC would create a lot of extra paperwork like this, but sadly it seems that at time they do.

KIM1960

Nov 19, 2012
computergeek said:
No, loss of PR status is not a refusal of an immigration visa. But since you are concerned, I would suggest attaching a statement along with the application explaining the exact situation.

I don't understand why CIC would create a lot of extra paperwork like this, but sadly it seems that at time they do.
I will think about. Should I be brave enough to answer NO or wise enough to answer YES?
Please, give me your final advise.

**************************Sorry, this is NOT a VIP-QUESTION (below the line) ************************
If anyone is so kind, please, clarify this for me:

I am applying outland.

I have 2 separate bunches of documents:
- Sponsor's applications with supporting documentation. Checklist IMM5491.
- Applicant's applications with supporting documentation. Checklist IMM5443.

Right?

In this case, should I arrange two independent packages and repeat the same documents in both bunches (e. g. copy of marriage certificate + certified translation)?
One copy for me and the same copy for my husband's bunch? How it works?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No. Apply the simplest method of packaging. Sponsor forms, applicant forms, supporting documents.
They will only rip it all apart and reorder it anyway. Don't over think it.

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
If we change my husbands address from the states to my address here in Ontario (visa office ottawa) will it affect his processing time or anything like that ...according to gcms his application went into process oct 31 and he is going to come for a permanent vist around the middle of december and store all his stuff in port huron...thanks for the help

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ladybugclh said:
If we change my husbands address from the states to my address here in Ontario (visa office ottawa) will it affect his processing time or anything like that ...according to gcms his application went into process oct 31 and he is going to come for a permanent vist around the middle of december and store all his stuff in port huron...thanks for the help
No. Just make sure to reiterate the correct address for the COPR when you get the PPR. Ideally, send the response via mail with an Xpress Post return mailer including the right address - that way you'll get it back as quickly as possible AND to the right address.

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
computergeek said:
No. Just make sure to reiterate the correct address for the COPR when you get the PPR. Ideally, send the response via mail with an Xpress Post return mailer including the right address - that way you'll get it back as quickly as possible AND to the right address.
We got PPR in august..sent in a copy and proof of communication and orginal FBI report...then he redid medicals and they received oct 28th and they are complete (he pased)...so with that being said should we just wait on the address change and hope he has it by then...and if not have a family member check his mail on a daily basis.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Catou said:
It depends on where your application will be processed. Some visa offices require the actual passport, others require photocopies of all the pages. Some want the passport at the beginning of the process and hang onto it for the duration of the processing, others ask for it right before PR is approved. You need to find out what the procedure is for the visa office your application will be processed at and make your plans accordingly. You can't legally be in Australia without having your passport and visa with you so its possible that you may have to either delay applying for PR for Canada or delay your trip to Australia. Find out if your country requires photocopies or the original and decide from there.

I see..I've checked out the procedure for our visa office (London),pretty sure it means we only have to send copy's of our passport? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf can anyone confirm that's what it means?under number 9,does that mean we just send copies of our passports?
Thanks all!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KarlR said:
I see..I've checked out the procedure for our visa office (London),pretty sure it means we only have to send copy's of our passport? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf can anyone confirm that's what it means?under number 9,does that mean we just send copies of our passports?
Thanks all!
If you have a visa-exempt passport, London will not ask for the original at any time, unless they suspect document fraud. Otherwise they will need it to apply the single use entry visa. They would request it when they need it, but not up front. For now, send copies.

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,

I just had a few questions regarding the application process and was hoping someone could assist me with some answers ...

I am nearly done gathering all the necessary documents that I require to submit the entire application in order to have my wife become a permanent resident in Canada. My wife is currently in Canada with me (she is a British Citizen who was living in Egypt) which means I will be filing my application through the London Visa Office (I believe this is correct) ..

1. I have read that some people are having difficulty with the London Visa Office in terms of having their applications processed -- is this still true? What is the current expected time for an application through the LVO? I read somewhere that it is about 10 months (but was told by the Immigration Officer in Canada it's anywhere from 10-16 months) ... Does anyone have any knowledge how long I should expect to wait?

2. I am planning on filing an outland application even though my wife is currently in Canada with me -- I spoke with various immigration officers and a friend that works in Immigration and he said this would not be an issue -- will it be?

3. I currently live in Alberta (Calgary) and just filled out a document in order to have my wife added to my Alberta Health Care as I have already added her to my benefits at work ... will there be an issue for her to be approved for this even though she is not currently a permanent resident?

4. If I am unable to add her to my Alberta Health Care, does anyone know how much the Medical Exam costs? I know there are specific doctors that you must see and was wondering if anyone had an idea what the total cost was for the entire Medical Exam?

5. Is it a problem if my wife travels back and forth between another country while the application is being processed?

6. My wife has a British passport that is nearly 10 years old -- she has been to many different countries since she was 18 and cannot remember the exact dates and cities she visited -- I called Immigration and they informed me to look at the stamps on her passport to determine where she had been ... the issue is that European countries did not stamp her passport (for obvious reasons) and she cannot remember some of the cities/countries she visited (primarily for work/vacation) ... what can I do? Is there anyone I can contact regarding that? I know you need to be very specific and I don't want to have my application denied or delayed because she can't remember the various cities she visited for the last 9 years of her life.

7. In regards to getting documents translated/notarized/legalized, etc. does anyone have any advice as to where I can get certain things done for a good price? I had to get a few documents translated, notarized, legalized, etc. for myself and it cost me around $450 in total after going through an agency in Ottawa -- does anyone know of anything better?

I appreciate any assistance and look forward to hearing any replies. Thank you in advance.

Shayreef

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Hi, This post is about my brother's application filed for Permanent Resident Application. His spouse is in Montreal Quebec. The online status says it is "In-process".

Around three years ago, my brothers-in-laws filed his application in Canada first time and brother got interviewed in New-Delhi but he got denial. They were doubtful about his marriage. Later on, his in-laws appealed in Canada and his wife got interviewed in court. But the outcome was again denial. Last year they have put fresh application and have shown that we are trying for the issue but treatment is undergoing. They had attached medical reports along with the application. My brother got called for Interview in May. He says that the interpreter seemed biased and told we are not giving you visa at this time but will contact you latter on.

The details of the current application are following-

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2012.

2.We started processing your application on May 28, 2013.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.Interview scheduled for May 2, 2013.

We haven't yet heard back anything from embassy despite the fact that the interview was in May and there was some delay due to strike. Should this delay be considered normal and if any speculation can be made on the kind of decision we will get?

Thanks,
Bhupinder

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I would suggest that it might be worth ordering the GCMS notes to find out what is happening. Details can be found in threads on the forum.

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
His in-laws want to wait for the decision before filling for the notes. Other than the notes, I am confused what is the taking them so long time to issue the decision letter. Any thoughts?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
bhupi80singh said:
His in-laws want to wait for the decision before filling for the notes. Other than the notes, I am confused what is the taking them so long time to issue the decision letter. Any thoughts?
You can order the notes more than once...

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
I have a quick question for those who know the refusal process...After sending a Notice of Appeal..they say you will receive confirmation and 120 days after you will receive the "blue book"..is this the same as GCMS notes..will this tell us what the reason of refusal and the concerns of the Visa Office?
Thanks in advance

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Since his interview was done in May in New Delhi so ordering GCMNOTES now will show if they have made the decision, and if yes then what is the decision? Second, otherwise when we would get official notification of the decision? What could be the other piece of information we will get from notes? The last question how long would it take to get the notes back?