Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Yes, you are on the right track. You can ignore the "representative" forms unless you intend to get professional help with your application.
The western Europe guide is correct for the UK. Just read, reread and read again the application guides. Fill in the forms, reread the application guide and triple check everything. Work to the checklists and make sure you have everything that you need.

Here is a word of advice. In form IMM 5669E, Question 8, ignore the 10 year limit and assume that it really means, since you were 18. London has started asking for this recently and it delays the application. Your choice of course...

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
so whats this thing about the 10 year thingy....what do I put?
zardoz said:
Yes, you are on the right track. You can ignore the "representative" forms unless you intend to get professional help with your application.
The western Europe guide is correct for the UK. Just read, reread and read again the application guides. Fill in the forms, reread the application guide and triple check everything. Work to the checklists and make sure you have everything that you need.

Here is a word of advice. In form IMM 5669E, Question 8, ignore the 10 year limit and assume that it really means, since you were 18. London has started asking for this recently and it delays the application. Your choice of course...
so what does the question actually ask? and how would I answer it honestly

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you download allows the forms and study them. Q8 asks for 10 years worth of information but London has been unilaterally asking for "since 18" as an extra documentation request. It adds a six weeks delay in processing. You might wish to do a "pre-emptive strike".

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
zardoz said:
If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you download allows the forms and study them. Q8 asks for 10 years worth of information but London has been unilaterally asking for "since 18" as an extra documentation request. It adds a six weeks delay in processing. You mmight wish to do a "preemptive strike".
Not just London but Ottawa too. My wife got hit with that when she just listed 10 years worth of info for both employment and address and they came back with asking her to to provide information since age 18. Fortunately my wife was able to e-mail them the information and it didn't delay thing too much. But definitely follow zardoz's advice.

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Hi! Read your posts and maybe you can help me find some answers... ;D

My application was received 24/01/13, AOR was not received so I called the CIC. According to my ecas they started processing our application on 13/02/13. I sent with the application my OWP & police check from my home country (Phils.) but with no medical exam yet.

1. I am just wondering if I can do my medical now and send it to them so that they don't have to ask me later? If yes, how should I send it?

2. Do I still need to get a police check at my local police station (London, Ontario)?

3. Before I came here in Canada with a visitor permit, I lived in UK for about 2 years. Do I need to get a police check too from UK?

Thank you :D

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sweetpea22 said:
Hi! Read your posts and maybe you can help me find some answers... ;D

My application was received 24/01/13, AOR was not received so I called the CIC. According to my ecas they started processing our application on 13/02/13. I sent with the application my OWP & police check from my home country (Phils.) but with no medical exam yet.

1. I am just wondering if I can do my medical now and send it to them so that they don't have to ask me later? If yes, how should I send it?

2. Do I still need to get a police check at my local police station (London, Ontario)?

3. Before I came here in Canada with a visitor permit, I lived in UK for about 2 years. Do I need to get a police check too from UK?

Thank you :D
Can't help you with 1) or 2) but 3) is an absolute YES.

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
So back with what will hopefully be my last question and then my husband and I will get some good news...I received my gcms notes today and under eligiblity assessment ..status it has recommend pass and just down a couplde lines from that is a due date of 2014/03/15 which will also be exactly one year from my sponsor approval....Question is does recommend pass a good thing???...Thanks again in advance

kazemsd

Sep 9, 2011
computergeek said:
This is why so many people get confused. For outland processing you want to pick the last package - even if your spouse is with you in Canada (the spouse/partner is a visitor...)
Thanks a lot computergeek. I was very confused. So, we will use the second package.
Since my wife lives in Canada as a student, if we apply for PR, will she be able to travel outside Canada and return before the application for PR is finalized?
I read on CIC website that if someone applies "inland", then "the person being sponsored" should stay in Canada for the whole duration of the process. If he/she travel outside Canada, he/she might not be allowed to enter Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ladybugclh said:
So back with what will hopefully be my last question and then my husband and I will get some good news...I received my gcms notes today and under eligiblity assessment ..status it has recommend pass and just down a couplde lines from that is a due date of 2014/03/15 which will also be exactly one year from my sponsor approval....Question is does recommend pass a good thing???...Thanks again in advance
infinitely better than "Recommend a refusal" ;D

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
zardoz said:
infinitely better than "Recommend a refusal" ;D

LOL that made me laugh a lot.....just curious because it seems like this is taking forever....it also says it is in progress but ecas still says application received...they did finally receive his medicals and passed those according to the notes after everybody lost them even the doctor....hopefully the due date is when they think they will be finished....really don't want to wait another 4 1/2 months to have my husband here..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kazemsd said:
Thanks a lot computergeek. I was very confused. So, we will use the second package.
Since my wife lives in Canada as a student, if we apply for PR, will she be able to travel outside Canada and return before the application for PR is finalized?
I read on CIC website that if someone applies "inland", then "the person being sponsored" should stay in Canada for the whole duration of the process. If he/she travel outside Canada, he/she might not be allowed to enter Canada.
Yes, she is free to be anywhere. It will not affect her application. So no issues with travel.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
LaylaLala said:
Hi Karl!!

I had the same questions as you when I filled my application. To answer your first question, personally, I just answered no, and explained that we do not believe in having a ceremony for a common-law union. In other words that we do not follow that custom. I don't think there should be an issue with that. About the "maintaining contact" I would recommend including every visit, even if it was for a year. I believe that the key is honesty. And to provide proof of everything. Hope I helped a bit. And ask away, no question is stupid here. Everyone is very helpful. ;) Good luck!!
Hey Layla!thanks very much for the reply!!we will do just that!that's two less questions I have to worry about doing wrong ;D
Thanks again Layla!!

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Need ur help plz :(
my husbanf is a canadian citizen and he has applied to sponsor .we seny our completed application on 1st of may 2013 and after 24 days we got the approval letter . our application was sent to cpp ottawa for unknown reasons while we were thinking that it was sent to beirut office .3 weeks ago and after sending an email to cpp ottawa they told us that they will forward our application to beirut visa office in few days, and thanks god they were right and we got an email that our application was sent to the visa office in beirut .our application process is six months old , my question is do u have any tiny idea about how long it will take in the visa office usually? and can my husband now apply for a visit visa for me after been refused twice before ?
thank u in advance ....
NB... on my ecas the last update is medical results have been recieved

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Hi, I need some help in determine what CHC Islamabad decision on our case.

We married in March 2010 and submitted application in Sept/10 and it was approved for sponsorship and forwarded to Islamabad. Since that time my husband has had 2 interviews and the last in Dec/12 where the Visa Officer was satisfied that it was a genuine relationship and his meds were redone in Jan/13. Afterwards they started background check and discovered that the lawyer in Peshawar had not registered our marriage as his licence had expired and failed to tell us after all this time. Not only this but he continued to sign and not submit the papers for any couple to the Union Council.

My husband received a letter from CIC and he had 45 days to correct this or he would be refused entry with a stamp of being misrepresenting himself to CIC and no chance to apply again after a 2 year penalty.

Since original marriage certificate was in our application he had no choice but get a new one properly filled electronically. With a copy of letter from that lawyer and another attesting to the fact on his mistake.

The second Lawyer putting his stamp and bringing it to the Union Council and getting it properly registered with original witnesses and a letter from my lawyer in Canada giving my permission for a witness for my signature. My husband also wrote a letter on his behalf explaining that it was not his fault but the fault of the lawyer. He said he should not be punished for mistake on the lawyer who lied.
My question and I know this is long but have any of you on this forum read anything like this happening and what do you think the decision of CIC Islamabad will be?

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
hi if its decision made is it mean Sponsor Approval?