Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Ok looking for some advice if anyone has any. My husband and I have sent through all of our paperwork and we are applying "inland". Right now he has no status. Im assuming that once I am approved as a sponsor his open work permit will go through as requested and put him back into status. However, here is the dillema. His Nan just passed away and he desperately wants to go back to England this weekend for the funeral. We have tried calling CIC and CBSA and both have told us its all up to the IO to let him back in or not. I know its risky but anyone have any advice?? I feel so bad for him :(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If they *don't* let him in, your application is at risk of being terminated.

table

Mar 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14th march 2011 & Alhamdulillah IP from 22nd June 2012
Med's Request
17-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2012
LANDED..........
06/12/2012
Dear seniors,after long time come back in forum but I have few questions forum expert members plz answer me 1)I am Permanent Resident in Canada from December 2012 living in canada now I got married my home country how can I inform the immigration office?2)can I sponsor for my wife?Other thing is I have to inform the office or just directly apply for wife.plz inform me I will be grateful to u.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
table said:
Dear seniors,after long time come back in forum but I have few questions forum expert members plz answer me 1)I am Permanent Resident in Canada from December 2012 living in canada now I got married my home country how can I inform the immigration office?2)can I sponsor for my wife?Other thing is I have to inform the office or just directly apply for wife.plz inform me I will be grateful to u.
You can sponsor your wife under family class.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
zardoz said:
If they *don't* let him in, your application is at risk of being terminated.
I know thats our problem :( i thought there would be some sort of leniancy or compassion especialy for a death in the family. Trust me we don't want to risk him not getting back into Canada but if anyone has had this sort of situation please share

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
SmithyLinds said:
I know thats our problem :( i thought there would be some sort of leniancy or compassion especialy for a death in the family. Trust me we don't want to risk him not getting back into Canada but if anyone has had this sort of situation please share
It is entirely up to you if you want to risk it. My husband's great-grandmother passed away during the process, as badly as he wanted to go home, we didn't feel the risk was enough. Granted we did outland, but we were both still very freaked out by the possibility that he would be denied entry at the border and he would have to drive all the way back to TN with nothing.

constantine_tiberius

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
frege said:
Does "CEM" mean your visa office?

We didn't need to send the CSQ to the visa office. MICC sent them everything they needed.

By the way, you should hold on to your CSQ for life (even once you're a citizen). It's used to prove Quebec residence in many situations, and even years from now when you're a citizen, it can be useful.
Yes CEM (Canadian Embassy Manila) is the visa office...i have two copies of csq, copy 1 is for personal safekeeping and the copy 3 is for the visa office if they request it...thanks for the info...

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
constantine_tiberius said:
Yes CEM (Canadian Embassy Manila) is the visa office...i have two copies of csq, copy 1 is for personal safekeeping and the copy 3 is for the visa office if they request it...thanks for the info...
Is the CSQ for both the Sponsor and the Applicant if it is an inland application? And only for the Sponsor if it is an out-land application?

constantine_tiberius

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
IvanP said:
I would strongly suggest scanning a complete copy of the CSQ and sending it to your visa office. CIC is not always good at matching these incoming documents with its own files, and several people on this forum have said that their VO requested the CSQ (and my VO - CPP-O - did as well). Sending it before they ask means less likelihood that they will need to request anything other than your passport at the end of the process. If they need to ask for anything else, it WILL delay the process. Maybe by a few weeks, maybe by a month, and maybe by three or four or five months. Don't rely on CIC to get this piece right!
I have a strong feeling that they need the copy 3 for further evaluation...I already send an email to the visa office and a computer replied to me (its a computer generated message) and still gonna review the message, what??...i already scan 3 copies for each documents that the micc sent...thank you for the information IvanP...I will send it then the copy 3 its their copy anywei... :) :) ;)

constantine_tiberius

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
goodman36 said:
Is the CSQ for both the Sponsor and the Applicant if it is an inland application? And only for the Sponsor if it is an out-land application?
CSQ issued to the applicant, this csq is given by the micc...your sponsor has the responsibility to apply for the applicant's csq, and fill those forms necessary for csq application, these includes the undertaking, payment, proof of status and copy of the SA...this is for outland, i dont know if it applies for inland...

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
constantine_tiberius said:
CSQ issued to the applicant, this csq is given by the micc...your sponsor has the responsibility to apply for the applicant's csq, and fill those forms necessary for csq application, these includes the undertaking, payment, proof of status and copy of the SA...this is for outland, i dont know if it applies for inland...
OK Thanks

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
IvanP said:
I would strongly suggest scanning a complete copy of the CSQ and sending it to your visa office. CIC is not always good at matching these incoming documents with its own files, and several people on this forum have said that their VO requested the CSQ (and my VO - CPP-O - did as well). Sending it before they ask means less likelihood that they will need to request anything other than your passport at the end of the process. If they need to ask for anything else, it WILL delay the process. Maybe by a few weeks, maybe by a month, and maybe by three or four or five months. Don't rely on CIC to get this piece right!
Normally MICC sends them the CSQ and the sponsorship undertaking. I don't think they wait for these documents to start studying your file. They just need them before issuing the visa. So I don't think there's any advantage to sending them yourself.

constantine_tiberius

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
frege said:
Normally MICC sends them the CSQ and the sponsorship undertaking. I don't think they wait for these documents to start studying your file. They just need them before issuing the visa. So I don't think there's any advantage to sending them yourself.
Yes, some visa office do not require the csq...but there's a copy 3 that micc provided in case they need it, it's document intended for the visa office, i'll just send the scanned copy... :) :)

Harpreet Singh Manku

Jun 21, 2013
Hello Friends, I need your Help..

I am still waiting for my open work permit Now, Its almost 3 and half months gone. For acknowledge I applied for open work visa at vfs chandigarh on April 3 and today date is 18 july I haven't get any reply from them.. I just want to know that If I will do request to them and send them email.. It should be fine bcz my agent told me don't need to do that just wait.. So, Please help me out friends If anybody can..

Thnx,

Harpreet Singh.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Harpreet Singh Manku said:
Hi, Friends, My name is Harpreet Singh. Open Work Visa under VFS Canada In Chandigarh

My query is that I applied for open work permit at VFS Chandigarh on 4 April and today date is 21 June , I haven't get any reply back from immigration. I am really nervous what will happen with my file. It is apparent vfs Chandigarh taking more than 3 months. My wife is working in Canada on work permit and its gonna finish in next year. How long it will take to process and strike can make any bad effect on visas..

regards,
Harpreet
You're posting your question in the wrong setion of the forum. Try the Foreign Workers section: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-workers-b10.0/