08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
mosaab said:
thanx alot for your helpful info.

but
1- what do you mean bro in authorization?? note that i am the principal applicant and my wife is the sponsor !

2- how we can access to the ATIP , same CIC website???
but
1- what do you mean bro in authorization?? note that i am the principal applicant and my wife is the sponsor ! If your wife(sponsor) is requesting (the Canadian citizen or resident) you will need to complete this authorization http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp for her to request the file information.

2- how we can access to the ATIP , same CIC website??? Yes, this link should take you directly to the online application http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Betina said:
Hi.

I'm new to the forum, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting my question here, since I wasn't able to find any information about this :)

Unfortunately, I did my med exam really early, in November 2012, and my application was received by CIC only in May 2013. I was hoping to be lucky, and have my visa issued by February 2014, so that the visa office could ask for the medical results valid period to be extended.

Is that still the case - is that extensions still granted? What does it mean that the Operation Bulletin is expired?

Thnak you very much for your help :)
Unfortunately, it is up to each VO to make the decision on requesting a medical extension. It's not automatic and depends on factors such as how far into the processing your application has got. If they ask you to redo the medical, you have no options... Where is your application being processed? That might well make a difference on whether an extension will be requested/approved.

Which Operational Bulletin are you referring to? Yes, they can and do expire once they have served their allotted purpose. See here... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
zardoz said:
Unfortunately, it is up to each VO to make the decision on requesting a medical extension. It's not automatic and depends on factors such as how far into the processing your application has got. If they ask you to redo the medical, you have no options... Where is your application being processed? That might well make a difference on whether an extension will be requested/approved.

Which Operational Bulletin are you referring to? Yes, they can and do expire once they have served their allotted purpose. See here... cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/
I'm referring to this one cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp (sorry, can't post links, don't know why) - it says it expired, but I couldn't find any other OP to replace it.

My husband was already approved as sponsor and my application is processed in Bucharest.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mosaab said:
my question again !

what kind of information that I will get from ATIP more than the E-cas ?
Electronic case notes include every record in the GCMS database that applies to your case. Thus, you'll get 30+ pages of mostly boring information with 1/2 page of good stuff (like the notes at the end).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Betina said:
I'm referring to this one cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp (sorry, can't post links, don't know why) - it says it expired, but I couldn't find any other OP to replace it.

My husband was already approved as sponsor and my application is processed in Bucharest.
It may have been rendered obsolete by a change to the Operational Manuals, in this case http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf where it now states...

6.6. Reassessment of a Medical File for the Issuance of a New Medical Certificate
Upon request of a visa/immigration officer, CIC medical officers and/or delegated staff
will reassess the applicant's medical file and determine if they have sufficiently relevant
and up to date medical information to provide a new opinon of admissibility on health
grounds. If a new opinion based upon the existing information in the medical file is not
possible, additional medical information which may include any or all of the exams listed
in R29 will be requested. If after assessing the applicant's medical file and, as the case
may be, the new additional medical information provided, the CIC medical officer and/or
delegated staff is satisfied that the applicant is still not inadmissible, a new medical
certificate will be issued and be valid for a 12 month period starting from the date of this
new medical assessment.
This is the bit that encompasses the OB details. Long, but interesting...

9. Procedure: Validity Period of a Medical Certificate
Medical results (medical certificate) for applicants who pass a medical examination in or
outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment
of an applicant's file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff. The validity of medical
examinations reflects the likelihood of an applicant's health condition changing and the
risk of acquiring diseases of public health importance. If processing of the application is
not completed in time, a new examination must be requested.
In certain circumstances where the final decision is pending only due to the expiration of a
medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the
applicant is unable to land before it expires, an officer may contact the Health Branch to request
that an applicant's file be reassessed for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process
is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a
panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate
issued will be valid for 12 months (see Appendix E: Reassessment of a Medical File for the
Issuance of a New Medical Certificate). In order to request a reassessment of an applicant's file,
the officer will:
 Clearly indicate; “Reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new
medical certificate “and send their request to the following generic Regional
Medical Office (RMO) e-mail addresses:
 Beijing: Bejing-mc @ international.gc.ca
 London: London-mc @ international.gc.ca
 Manila: Manil.mc @ international.gc.ca
 New Delhi: Delhi-mc @ international.gc.ca
 Ottawa: ime-reassessment @ cic.gc.ca
 Paris: Paris-mc @ international.gc.ca
 Provide the following information: applicant's name, ID number, date of birth, date
of the initial IME, and country of residence for the last 6 months.
Upon receipt of the request, the medical officer (or delegated staff) may request
additional medical information if a new opinion based upon the existing information in the
medical file is not possible. If the medical officer (or delegated staff) is of the opinion that
the applicant is still admissible on health grounds, a new medical certificate will be issued
valid for a 12 month period. The officer who requested the reassessment will then
receive an e-mail confirming that the process has been completed.
There is no expiry date of medical validity for applicants who are inadmissible. However,
should an applicant inadmissible on health grounds be allowed to proceed to Canada on
a temporary resident permit, a new examination may be required.
The validity of a permanent resident visa or a temporary visa (under R30 (1) (b) and (c))
must not exceed the medical certificate validity.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
zardoz said:
It may have been rendered obsolete by a change to the Operational Manuals, in this case cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf where it now states...
Thank you very much, Zardoz, it's all clear now :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Betina said:
Thank you very much, Zardoz, it's all clear now :)
I've just updated my post with more information.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
zardoz said:
I've just updated my post with more information.
I was just reading that :) In essence it says the same thing that OB 423 said. They changed "It is recommended that the officer" with "an officer may contact", and that I guess leaves it even more up to the officer to decide whether to request extension or a new set of medical tests.

Thank you again.

opmama

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-17-2013
File Transfer...
07-23-2013
capri_can said:
Thank you Opmama for the quick reply. Yes i did provide an email address in my application, but havent got anything yet. may be next week.
Can you please tell me the content of the email? did they approve your sponsorship? did they provide you a client id?
We got a client ID. No sponsorship approval in this first email, although it looks like most of the June applicants are getting approval about a week after they get their AOR email.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
We got a client ID. No sponsorship approval in this first email, although it looks like most of the June applicants are getting approval about a week after they get their AOR email.
Thanks for thr info.
One last question. Can you tell me the e-mail address from which you got client Id/AOR from CPC?
i will keep an eye on that email address in my inbox.

opmama

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-17-2013
File Transfer...
07-23-2013
capri_can said:
Thanks for thr info.
One last question. Can you tell me the e-mail address from which you got client Id/AOR from CPC?
i will keep an eye on that email address in my inbox.
Mine came from Client-update-mise-a-jour @ cic.gc.ca

mfarhanali

Jan 22, 2013
Spousal sponsorship

I applied for for my wife sponsorship in May-10 and I got acknowledgement latter at June-4th 2013 that my file has transfer to Islamabad, Pakistan, today is 17 July , Is anyone can tell me please how long my wife will get acknowledgement in pakistan.

Regards
Farhan

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mfarhanali said:
I applied for for my wife sponsorship in May-10 and I got acknowledgement latter at June-4th 2013 that my file has transfer to Islamabad, Pakistan, today is 17 July , Is anyone can tell me please how long my wife will get acknowledgement in pakistan.
Islamabad posts 29 months. Not all offices send out AOR, so absent AOR she should hear from Islamabad no later than early 2015.

arhel

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-01-2012 and 28-09-2014
Interview........
12-09-2013
computergeek said:
Electronic case notes include every record in the GCMS database that applies to your case. Thus, you'll get 30+ pages of mostly boring information with 1/2 page of good stuff (like the notes at the end).
@computergeek
I saw most of your responses to post and it kind give so much patience to still wait. I just want to know, i am the sponsor if i request for an electronic case notes will it be of different one from what my husband requested? My husband requested months ago and I didn't see any interesting facts why my sponsorship with him is taking so long. Just to give you a overview of the status of our application my details is as follows:
march 2012-send application
july 2012- AOR
july 2012-received from asking for an update
october 2012- file transfer to etobicoke
june 14 2013- called call center, said will send follow up to cic etobicoke
june 28,2013 - called call center again,said etobicoke office responded that our file on cue for review (what's this mean?,they said etobicoke processing time is 6-8 months only)
i just want to have an idea why until now we haven't receive any notice from cic local office etobicoke. will i be seeing it if i request for the notes on my file number or is it the same thing on what my husband notes has?
another thing my husband temporary resident visa is expiring this aug.30, will i apply for another extension, what's you advise on this? please help me, thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
arhel said:
@ computergeek
I saw most of your responses to post and it kind give so much patience to still wait. I just want to know, i am the sponsor if i request for an electronic case notes will it be of different one from what my husband requested? My husband requested months ago and I didn't see any interesting facts why my sponsorship with him is taking so long. Just to give you a overview of the status of our application my details is as follows:
march 2012-send application
july 2012- AOR
july 2012-received from asking for an update
october 2012- file transfer to etobicoke
june 14 2013- called call center, said will send follow up to cic etobicoke
june 28,2013 - called call center again,said etobicoke office responded that our file on cue for review (what's this mean?,they said etobicoke processing time is 6-8 months only)
i just want to have an idea why until now we haven't receive any notice from cic local office etobicoke. will i be seeing it if i request for the notes on my file number or is it the same thing on what my husband notes has?
another thing my husband temporary resident visa is expiring this aug.30, will i apply for another extension, what's you advise on this? please help me, thanks.
Each person's GCMS notes can be different (sponsor and applicant) and generally it is best for you to both sign a release of information and send that along so you get information for both of you at the same time.

Any time someone's file is forwarded to a local office I recommend they send in an ATIP inquiry so they know why the application was forwarded to a local office. So you should definitely request this information. You only want the electronic case notes, you don't need the physical file.

If they say it is in queue it means it's still in the pile awaiting review.

Get your notes. You'll know within a month because you will either hear from the local office OR you will get your notes and learn from them why it was referred to a local office.