+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vananana

May 21, 2013
Hi I am aplying spousal inland, and I received my CSQ a month ago I am so anxious to receive my AIP, can someone tell me how long take it? it comse by email or a letter? when you received what they tell on the letter? the date of the meeting? Is a distant date from the date you received the letter? because I am not in montreal right now I am living in another city for few months only...but theres someone at home in montreal who can received the letter an do pen for me but until now nohing....just wondering how long does it take more or less...can't stand all this wait...is killing me i want to work.....hehehe thank you!!!!!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
vananana said:
Hi I am aplying spousal inland, and I received my CSQ a month ago I am so anxious to receive my AIP, can someone tell me how long take it? it comse by email or a letter? when you received what they tell on the letter? the date of the meeting? Is a distant date from the date you received the letter? because I am not in montreal right now I am living in another city for few months only...but theres someone at home in montreal who can received the letter an do pen for me but until now nohing....just wondering how long does it take more or less...can't stand all this wait...is killing me i want to work.....hehehe thank you!!!!!

Hi! You might want to check this "Inland Application" thread. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.555.html

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hi All Experts,

Could you help me on filling the forms? Like these one :

Above is a part of IMM 1344 - Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking

On the guide it is said that :

1. If you check the box to withdraw your sponsorship application then :
* the sponsorship application will not be processed. All fees will be refunded,

2. If you check the box to proceed with the application for permanent residence then :
* the sponsorship application will be refused. None of the fees will be refunded.

The explanation on the guide its quite make me confused because either the box that we are going check it will not be accepted (refuse or will not be processed). But, since i don't have any choice to not check 1 of the boxes, which box that i should check ? Withdraw or proceed ?

and also in this forms :

Above is a part of IMM 5481 - Sponsorship Evaluation

In Form it says that :

Question No. 4 ----> You (the sponsor/my husband) are included in the count by default.

Question No. 5A ---> Current undertaking
Number of persons included in box #3 of the IMM 0008, Under section Application Details.

Question No. 6A ----> Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner. Provide Details on the back of this page.

For Question No. 5A as in box #3 of the IMM 0008 it is only include 1 person which is me (the spouse a.k.a the principal applicant), no dependants and no other family member included in the application. So, i need to answer 1 in the box of 5A right ?

How about Question No. 6A ? Should i put 1 in the box? If it yes, what should i provide the details for this ? info of my marriage or what?

I know this is a long question. but please help me. this forms just freaking me out.

Big Thanks in advance Experts!

P

Nadia33

May 7, 2013
zardoz said:
That's pretty much all that we could offer them. We have a letter from my Canadian parents-in-law offering us unlimited accommodation and we supplied a plan for the future as a separate letter from my Canadian wife. We have a joint bank account already in place with TD but obviously we cannot provide job offers/rental agreements etc as they simply don't exist yet. CIC make it very clear that you shouldn't make any assumptions about how long the process will take, or even if it will be successful. Therefore, committing to "possible" future plans by taking out rental agreements or purchasing property are pretty much impossible at this stage. I think CIC are aware of this.

Thanks for your reply! and good luck to you both!

nurse_85

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Done....
April 2013- re-requested July 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 21/2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14/2014
LANDED..........
September 2/2014 :)
Hi All

So my husband and I are applying for Outland PR. He had been living in Canada and working but he was layed off and his visa was not renewed so we decided to get married before he left back to Zambia. We have all the paper work done just waiting on wedding certificate- we were married in Ontario at city hall. My question is because it is going to take another 8 weeks for marriage certificate to be issued would we still be able to send in the application and then send in the certificate when we get it mailed to us or would that be a bad idea as
If we only include the solamization record and they get to the application before the actual
Certificate gets there will they deny the application?

Thanks!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
nurse_85 said:
Hi All

So my husband and I are applying for Outland PR. He had been living in Canada and working but he was layed off and his visa was not renewed so we decided to get married before he left back to Zambia. We have all the paper work done just waiting on wedding certificate- we were married in Ontario at city hall. My question is because it is going to take another 8 weeks for marriage certificate to be issued would we still be able to send in the application and then send in the certificate when we get it mailed to us or would that be a bad idea as
If we only include the solamization record and they get to the application before the actual
Certificate gets there will they deny the application?

Thanks!
You should wait until you have the marriage certificate.

And make sure you do actually get the certificate when you apply to the Registrar General. When we applied for ours they ended up sending us a copy of the marriage license. Jokers.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
constantine_tiberius said:
After the MICC made a decision about the CSQ, how many weeks will it take to wait for the sponsor to receive the copy of the decision?...thanks...
About 32 calendar days from receipt of the application by MICC to receipt of the CSQ by the applicant. MICC reliably processes applications in about 20 business days, so your receipt of the CSQ will depend more on your postal service than on anything else.

There's a spreadsheet you can add your application to if you like:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AieZfLOxQt2FdHVkTUJLb2ZEZTM0NkUzYzN1WVJJSGc#gid=0

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have been using a Representative and sent a Form IMM 5476 when we submitted the application to Mississauga.

Now after the approval of Stage 1, the File has been in que in Singapore VO for some time and I am hoping that it may be looked at in the next few weeks.

We would like to cancel the use of Representative. How should we do it? Should we send another Form IMM 5476 to Singapore cancelling the use of that Representative? Will it in any way complicate matters?

jack83

Nov 27, 2012
Hi all!

My wife is sponsoring me. We are filling out the forms and they told me that I should send an application for work permit at the same time!
We are in Canada right now and me as a tourist. I can stay until September (6 months)

Wich application I should send? I do NOT have a job offer. So an "open" work permit? Is it something separate or in the same envelope I must have the work permit application?

atinder

Apr 12, 2013
HI. I am a Canadian PR since Sept.2012. I went to Canada for a month n then had to come back to India for Marriage in Jan2013. I didn't started any job or business in Canada when I was there. I am a full time Director of a company in India and have been working for salary here. I got the full family federal based PR on the bases of my company. Now as I am not yet working in Canada, can I sponsor my spouse by just going there searching for work and meantime showing my Indian job salary and bank balance. Is there a possibility that after sponsoring my spouse in Canada, I come back to India until she gets her PR because she is 2.5 months pregnant and needs my support mentally and physically. What shall be right procedure to start with?
I shall be really thankful for help.

quinn

May 22, 2013
hi all ;D
can someone add me on timeline too..pls..

category: FAM
application received: 18 oct 2012 - cic -m
sponsorship approved: 7 nov 2012
AOR: 22 nov 2012
File transfer: 3 dec 2012 - cic- singapore VO

1. i want to know if my passport going to expired should i renew and send the copy to Singapore VO or just wait until they request it?

pls someone help me.... :( :( :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
atinder said:
HI. I am a Canadian PR since Sept.2012. I went to Canada for a month n then had to come back to India for Marriage in Jan2013. I didn't started any job or business in Canada when I was there. I am a full time Director of a company in India and have been working for salary here. I got the full family federal based PR on the bases of my company. Now as I am not yet working in Canada, can I sponsor my spouse by just going there searching for work and meantime showing my Indian job salary and bank balance. Is there a possibility that after sponsoring my spouse in Canada, I come back to India until she gets her PR because she is 2.5 months pregnant and needs my support mentally and physically. What shall be right procedure to start with?
I shall be really thankful for help.
Yes - you can return to Canada and sponsor your spouse showing your income from India.

No - you canot return to India and live with your wife there until she gets PR. Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada when you submit the sponsorship application and you must continue living in Canada until she is approved for PR.

jack83

Nov 27, 2012
jack83 said:
Hi all!

My wife is sponsoring me. We are filling out the forms and they told me that I should send an application for work permit at the same time!
We are in Canada right now and me as a tourist. I can stay until September (6 months)

Wich application I should send? I do NOT have a job offer. So an "open" work permit? Is it something separate or in the same envelope I must have the work permit application?
anyone? any advice?

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
computergeek said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Write "Open Work Permit - Please Process when AIP is granted" on the top. This is a generic form so write "N/A" anywhere that doesn't apply.
Thank you for being awesome. I appreciate it computer geek! "We" appreciate it :)