+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sam2013

Feb 1, 2013
I send my Passport on Jan 2013 and the website changed to Decision Made on March 25...... 2013 and I'm still waiting for my passport.

sam2013

Feb 1, 2013
Hi Hm82,
Did yo get you passport back.
My status
Passport sent: Jan 2013
ecas changed to Decision Made on March 25
Since than I'm waiting for Passport return,
Send few email & fax but no reply yet
But at my wife's E-CAS hasn't updated my wife's address to my Canadian one.... How long does it take to update this
If you know or have come across what's longest time they take to return passport after Decision Made or Submitting the passport
Your reply is much appreciated

Thnx
Sam1983

hm82 said:
Visa Office : New Delhi
Category: Spouse Sponsorship

Hi everyone, we have something to share and desperately seeking feedback from the Senior Members on this issue :-

I was incessantly checking eCAS since morning after I realized our file went to "In Process" a day back ! Half an hour back our status changed to "Decision Made" with NO Address Update

Following is a snapshot from my wife's eCAS status which SAYS "DECISION MADE"

--------------------------

We received [WIFE'S NAME]'s application for permanent residence on December 31, 2012.

We started processing [WIFE'S NAME] 's application on April 5, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on [WIFE'S NAME]'s application. The office will contact [WIFE'S NAME] concerning this decision.

----------------------------------------------------

We are really WORRIED about the EXACT DECISION. For a POSITIVE outcome (which we are expecting) , what's the normal protocol?
Does NDVO send out email for POSITIVE outcome OR do we just wait for the Passport ? Also, any other way to know in advance of the DECISION?

ANOTHER thing - we haven't got my CANADIAN address updated on my wife's E-CAS status yet? Does the ADDRESS UPDATE happen at the same time (The Decision Made status change happened less than an hour back ) ? or does it some time to reflect e-CAS ?

Appreciate your comments,

thanks
hm82

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Hi there!
Wondering if anyone could give me any advice. My husband and I are getting ready to submit our inland application. He is from the UK so when he initially came to visit he only needed the stamp in his passport which was valid for 6 months. We were married during that time. So my question is because he has overstayed his visit (without any type of visa) is he able to apply for a work permit at the same time we file for Spouse/Permanent Residency???
Thanks in advance

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SmithyLinds said:
Hi there!
Wondering if anyone could give me any advice. My husband and I are getting ready to submit our inland application. He is from the UK so when he initially came to visit he only needed the stamp in his passport which was valid for 6 months. We were married during that time. So my question is because he has overstayed his visit (without any type of visa) is he able to apply for a work permit at the same time we file for Spouse/Permanent Residency???
Thanks in advance
Yes. In fact, it is best that he does so because once it is granted his status issue is resolved.

The "spouse/partner in-Canada class" allows out-of-status applicants as a matter of public policy. The granting of the work permit will bring him back into status.

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
computergeek said:
Yes. In fact, it is best that he does so because once it is granted his status issue is resolved.

The "spouse/partner in-Canada class" allows out-of-status applicants as a matter of public policy. The granting of the work permit will bring him back into status.
Thank you so much for the quick reply!! We don't want to make any mistakes along the way. May I ask what form it is for the work permit. I am confused as to which one he would file. And does it take the duration of the whole process to obtain the work permit or is it at a certain stage of the process. Aghhh so many questions lol!!! I really appreciate your help and your time :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SmithyLinds said:
Thank you so much for the quick reply!! We don't want to make any mistakes along the way. May I ask what form it is for the work permit. I am confused as to which one he would file. And does it take the duration of the whole process to obtain the work permit or is it at a certain stage of the process. Aghhh so many questions lol!!! I really appreciate your help and your time :)
This question comes up so frequently I have the URL bookmarked: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

He should write "Open Work Permit Application - Please Process when AIP is granted" on the top. It's a generic form so write "N/A" where things don't apply (like the employer name).

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Spousal sponsorship

Kishie said:
Dear All,

This is a request for all the Indian who read/write on this forum.

I am looking for an Indian couple (Canada PR holder) who did interfaith marriage (very specific Hindu-Christian faith) and got their spouse visa approval from New Delhi Visa office (outland)

I would appreciate if you can share what all information you had provided during your spouse application. Any specific details in particular were provided or were asked by Visa office later in the processing stage (may be in interview or email/letter sent by CIC asking for more information) which would help other (even me) in curtailing the processing time for the spouse visa.

I am asking this because I have learnt that interfaith marriage in India (very specific Hindu-Christian) are refused spouse visa by the New Delhi Visa Office very easily.

Your valuable inputs will help me as I did interfaith marriage (where I am Christian and my husband is Hindu). We did Court marriage then traditional marriage as per both religions (without converting). I am applying for spouse sponsorship very soon.
Hello there Kishie, have you looked on the 2013 New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO) thread on this forum? You may have better luck posting your question there. Here is the link below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.0.html

Blessings and best wishes.

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
Now that we have applied for my husbands inland PR, we are working on the application to extend his visitors visa (we will apply for a work permit later if/when we receive AIP). Anywho, we have done this twice before, the visitors visa extension that is, the last time being a year ago. As I remember we used to be able to apply online, even if we weren't paying with a credit card, and we would scan the fee receipt in for them. But that has changed, now we have to do a paper application. So I download the paper application and it is asking all kinds of questions about his work and education history and even medical information. I do not remember this on the applications we have done previously! I feel like I'm applying for PR all over again. It seems like the right application (IMM5708), but is it? Am I doing the right form, and there has just been a big overhaul in the application to extend visitors visas? Just want to confirm. Seems like a lot has changed.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
americanadians said:
Now that we have applied for my husbands inland PR, we are working on the application to extend his visitors visa (we will apply for a work permit later if/when we receive AIP). Anywho, we have done this twice before, the visitors visa extension that is, the last time being a year ago. As I remember we used to be able to apply online, even if we weren't paying with a credit card, and we would scan the fee receipt in for them. But that has changed, now we have to do a paper application. So I download the paper application and it is asking all kinds of questions about his work and education history and even medical information. I do not remember this on the applications we have done previously! I feel like I'm applying for PR all over again. It seems like the right application (IMM5708), but is it? Am I doing the right form, and there has just been a big overhaul in the application to extend visitors visas? Just want to confirm. Seems like a lot has changed.
You can still apply online....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
parker24 said:
You can still apply online....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
I know, but it doesn't allow you anymore if you are paying for it a bank and not with a credit card online. It doesn't allow you to just scan in and send them the fee receipt anymore.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
americanadians said:
I know, but it doesn't allow you anymore if you are paying for it a bank and not with a credit card online. It doesn't allow you to just scan in and send them the fee receipt anymore.
Yes it does. You have to request the reciept from CIC. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

"Payment of fees at a financial institution in Canada
If you cannot or do not wish to pay online, you must obtain an original receipt form IMM 5401 in order to pay at a financial institution. This form is not available on the website because an original receipt with a unique serial number must be used. You may order an original receipt by mail."

Here's where it is to order: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en

Scott2539

Star Member
May 18, 2013
B.C. Lower Mainland
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-28-2013
Doc's Request.
06-25-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-15-2013
My sponorship was approved and my wife in Kenya has her PRV application in 3 months ago. We have also put in for a TRV application 1 month ago and it was denied. Now we are submitting another TRV with a letter of support from MP and highlighting our daughter 2 yrs old is a canadian by bithrite born outside canada. We also highlite it is difficult for me to visit as I have to work, I am supporting them and i am here is canada a single parent to a nine year old.
What advise do you have?
Scott

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
parker24 said:
Yes it does. You have to request the reciept from CIC. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

"Payment of fees at a financial institution in Canada
If you cannot or do not wish to pay online, you must obtain an original receipt form IMM 5401 in order to pay at a financial institution. This form is not available on the website because an original receipt with a unique serial number must be used. You may order an original receipt by mail."

Here's where it is to order: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en
I have the fee receipt. Ok, if you go through that survey, it asks "can you pay online using a credit card and submit your documents online etc." in on question. If you say no, I do not want to pay with a credit card, even if you can do your documents online, it makes you do a paper application. It does not even give you the option to do the online application, if you are not paying with a credit card. That's not even my biggest concern though, I don't mind sending a paper application, I just wasn't sure if it was the right one, because it is so different from the last time we applied. I just wanted know, if there had been some major changes in the visitors extension applications and that I was doing the right one.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Scott2539 said:
My sponorship was approved and my wife in Kenya has her PRV application in 3 months ago. We have also put in for a TRV application 1 month ago and it was denied. Now we are submitting another TRV with a letter of support from MP and highlighting our daughter 2 yrs old is a canadian by bithrite born outside canada. We also highlite it is difficult for me to visit as I have to work, I am supporting them and i am here is canada a single parent to a nine year old.
What advise do you have?
Scott
Not advice, just good luck.

Well, did you include proof of your income? I would include something along those lines too, just to show your wife won't be tempted to work illegally while in Canada.

fakejordan

Oct 4, 2012
Hi Guys, I got a letter today requesting the following for my spouse in China

- Schedule A-Background/Declaration (IMM5669) for you (must indicate start and end months for all addresses where you have lived and all places of employment for you) See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp to download and read the instruction guide to complete your application forms.

- Updated and original Certificate(s) of No Criminal Conviction from Hong Kong for you, instructions please see: http://www.police.gov.hk

- Updated and original Certificate(s) of No Criminal Conviction from PRC for you (must covers the period from 18th birthday to present)

For the Schedule A, They wanted her history since 18yrs old. We can provided the month and year for the recent events from 2010-present. She is unable to recall exact months for most events and addresses before 2010. I've clearly stated that in my application. The reason is she was on and off odd jobs and were frequently moving from place to place in China, which is really common. Yet they still request these information, what should we do? Do we make these date up? It is the exact month during those event she can't remember since is 4 years ago.

Secondly, they wanted certificate of no criminal conviction forms from both Hong Kong and China, is this normal? She is not a Hong Kong resident but she have been to Hong Kong. To request the Hong Kong criminal certificate, they need HKID or doc and her travel doc. Her passport has been sent to the Visa office in Hong Kong therefore she can't provide either documentations for the certificate. What should I do?

Third point, we have sent them a PRC Criminal certification stamped and notarized by the Gov't in China. Why are they requesting specific date must be indicated on the certificate? Doesn't certificate covers the time till the issue date that she had no conviction? I am very confuse with this request.

Can anyone give me some input?

Thanks,

Fakejordan