+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Kenhongkong

Aug 27, 2012
My PR status was expire on March 2014. Is it high risk to apply family before my expire?
I plan to apply for my wife and daughter in September, after I finish my probation with new employer, that is my new job in canada, do you guy think I should wait longer or doesn't matter?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
[quote author=Kenhongkong obligatiok=topic=46995.msg2277751#msg2277751 date=1368560783]
My PR status was expire on March 2014. Is it high risk to apply family before my expire?
I plan to apply for my wife and daughter in September, after I finish my probation with new employer, that is my new job in canada, do you guy think I should wait longer or doesn't matter?

Thanks
[/quote]
Do you meet the residency obligation requirements? If you do, and you are in Canada, you should be OK.
If you don't, you will be taking a big risk of being discovered if you make an application.

missmatalini

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 11th 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested July 15th 2014
AOR Received.
March 25th 2014
File Transfer...
March 28th 2014
Med's Request
July 15th 2014
Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
I'm supposed to be heading up to Canada (British Columbia, I'm not sure which point of entry we are coming through) on July 6th.

My Fiancee and I are flying into Spokane Washington and crossing the boarder by land (Are the borders easier to cross by land than they are airports??) We have both spoken to a border officer who told us to have a letter from my job stating I will be "returning to work" in December (even if I end up never coming back into the states to do so) and bringing some mail with my permanent United States address on it just in case my "intent" on returning to the states is questioned.

If we are crossing the border and we are questioned about our relationship and our plans to get married. . . are we supposed to tell the truth? Or tell a white lie? Most of what I have read has said to make every attempt to stay away from the topic of marriage because they won't let you in with your intent to marry and stay in Canada. . . so what kind of information and how much information is going to negatively impact us getting back into Canada? Even though we won't be married yet, would it be at all helpful to have already started our paperwork for sponsorship?

I've done everything I can with research to make it through the border just fine, but I am really worried that we are going to have a time limit under 6 months to get things started.
If my passport is stamped and a "leave by" date is included is applying for a Visitor Record still possible? And what are the chances of it being accepted?

Also how often do you have to have permanent residency renewed?

Thanks for your help!

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hi All,

Is there anyone will help me to explain why i could not open the form IMM 1344, IMM 0008 and IMM 0008DEP? I have upgrade my adobe, but still could not open these specific forms, while i could open and fill the other forms remains. By the way, it is for the inland application forms.

Thank you so much!

Regards,
Pritha K.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Hi I got like 200 pics and my skype screenshots are like 160 pages because I put two each page so the VO can read what they say, I been reading it might be to much information, how you present your skype records?, would yo mind to share your experiences?
Than you ;D

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Leon, I have trouble making dicision of where to send my application. Please help me understand. Im residing in canada married to a canadian citizen.im trying to gather all the documents for inland application but I have read that inland will take longer than applying outland. .so if om going to apply outland is my application goes to Manila visa office after mailing to Missisauga or theres another VO to choose.? Im so confused now.please help me.

Thank you

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
computergeek said:
I recently saw someone receive applicant approval in four months via Inland. That is, the applicant was approved as a PR four months after they filed their initial application - less than the normal sponsorship time. That's an outlier (they actually were interviewed) but it shows that the process either direction is highly unpredictable.

While it's never guaranteed, I've also noticed that US applicants often get DM simultaneous or within a few weeks of AIP. One reason I suspect this occurs is because things like "background checks" are nearly instantaneous for US applicants due to the extensive data sharing between Canada and the US.

Either process should lead to permanent residency - it's just unusual for US applicants to file inland and the one reason most often cited ("she or he is living with me in Canada") actually doesn't dictate which process to use. The one reason for a US applicant to file inland is because the applicant is out of status.
So are you saying its a bad thing that we are applying inland? We just assumed it was the more accurate thing to do, and frankly required less stuff. I mean if we were to apply outland and he had to be interviewed in the U.S., what would happen if he couldn't get back in after? You've made me incredibly nervous that we made this choice. I mean we're in the final process of putting our application together and really don't have time to start all over for an outland application as his visitor visa is up June 14th. I know there is the risk with inland, that if he is refused PR then we can't appeal, but since we are in a real relationship and I am very confident that we would pass an interview, we didn't take that as much of a risk. I don't know. This is all so nerve wracking. And now that you say us not applying outland is weird I am totally freaked out. Sorry if I am overreacting, but my nerves are totally shot from this whole process.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
americanadians said:
So are you saying its a bad thing that we are applying inland? We just assumed it was the more accurate thing to do, and frankly required less stuff. I mean if we were to apply outland and he had to be interviewed in the U.S., what would happen if he couldn't get back in after? You've made me incredibly nervous that we made this choice. I mean we're in the final process of putting our application together and really don't have time to start all over for an outland application as his visitor visa is up June 14th. I know there is the risk with inland, that if he is refused PR then we can't appeal, but since we are in a real relationship and I am very confident that we would pass an interview, we didn't take that as much of a risk. I don't know. This is all so nerve wracking. And now that you say us not applying outland is weird I am totally freaked out. Sorry if I am overreacting, but my nerves are totally shot from this whole process.
I think the only downside to applying inland is that you forfeit the opportunity to appeal should CIC decide against you. Outside of that if I could go back and do it all over again I would have applied inland. Waiting a year or more with your spouse here is far better than getting through all this boolchit with them overseas. Processing times increase every 3 months.

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I think the only downside to applying inland is that you forfeit the opportunity to appeal should CIC decide against you. Outside of that if I could go back and do it all over again I would have applied inland. Waiting a year or more with your spouse here is far better than getting through all this boolchit with them overseas. Processing times increase every 3 months.
That's what I figured! I'd much rather have him here with me, and HAVE to be here with me, than having to do stuff cross boarder. But I figured since we are in a real, like actual serious fully in love, have a huge back history relationship, that even if he got interviewed, they would have to see that we are a real couple. I mean if you meet us in person, it's pretty freaking clear. But I don't know, I just felt it was best to do it this way since we don't plan on him leaving anytime soon, after we apply for his visa extension as well, which hopefully will be approved based on the fact that we have a inland application going. I'd much rather have the time with him, even if the application takes longer.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
americanadians said:
That's what I figured! I'd much rather have him here with me, and HAVE to be here with me, than having to do stuff cross boarder. But I figured since we are in a real, like actual serious fully in love, have a huge back history relationship, that even if he got interviewed, they would have to see that we are a real couple. I mean if you meet us in person, it's pretty freaking clear. But I don't know, I just felt it was best to do it this way since we don't plan on him leaving anytime soon, after we apply for his visa extension as well, which hopefully will be approved based on the fact that we have a inland application going. I'd much rather have the time with him, even if the application takes longer.
I'm guessing your husband is American? He can easily stay with you while doing outland. My husband did.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
americanadians said:
That's right. So long as you can prove that your relationship is genuine then its really just take a number and wait. My impressions from being on this site is that the couples separated for the entire length of the process experience a much higher degree of stress.

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
parker24 said:
I'm guessing your husband is American? He can easily stay with you while doing outland. My husband did.
I know he can, it just seemed more logical to do inland because a) he is with me, and doesn't plan on leaving/need to travel and b) there are less forms, and information required = less stress and having to compile documents.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
americanadians said:
Honestly, interviews are rare for US/Canada couples. If you look at the Ottawa spreadsheet (in my signature) I think we had 2 interviews for everyone listed. Gsize doesn't count because he's originally from the Mexico VO (long story). So 1 person. They only do interviews if they suspect the relationship isn't real and Americans are considered a low risk to enter into fake relationships just to get into Canada. (We don't love Maple as much as you guys do!)

It's fine to apply Inland - and there is a form of appeal. I don't remember what it's called, but you aren't putting all your eggs in a basket and pushing it down the river. It's just unusual and not the best option if the American spouse wishes to visit home. I wrestled with the decision myself because we don't have funds for me to travel to NYC or LA for an interview (nor do I ever want to go to either city, bleck). However, we opted for Outland in the end because we had lots of proof of a genuine relationship and I'm hoping to attend college/university here in the next 1-2 years. I'm not paying international tuition so I need my PR :D

It's a personal decision. Do whatever is best for you. No one here is trying to make you feel like you're making the "wrong" choice. Their intention is to help you make an "informed" choice :)

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
CanadianJeepGuy said:
That's right. So long as you can prove that your relationship is genuine then its really just take a number and wait. My impressions from being on this site is that the couples separated for the entire length of the process experience a much higher degree of stress.
I think it's probably pretty stressful either way, but I believe the outland application requires more proof of relationship and more documents etc. which is just stressful in itself. Having to compile all this stuff is just crazy.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
americanadians said:
I know he can, it just seemed more logical to do inland because a) he is with me, and doesn't plan on leaving/need to travel and b) there are less forms, and information required = less stress and having to compile documents.
They are the same. Honestly. My pastor sponsored his wife, inland, their application was A LOT bigger than ours. Plus we had red flags: he proposed to me the first time we met in person. I have a disability. I didn't have full time work etc. I would strongly suggest any American to apply outland. Then if anything were to happen with his family, he can go back and be with them. With inland, when he leaves, then the application is thrown out. Also with inland, you lose the right to appeal.

Your decision in the end.