Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
canadadubai said:
Ok computergeek

ill try to do the x-ray, of course based on doctor's recommendations.

thanx
What computergeek meant was that there's no rush to do the x-rays now - the medicals aren't needed for sponsor approval, and won't be looked at until months from now. Get the x-rays after the baby is born, submit the x-rays, and if you're lucky the fact that the x-rays are submitted later won't delay your application at all. Don't insist on x-rays while your wife is pregnant - there's absolutely no need!

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Thanks Ivan

i will not insist for the x-ray for sure

but i didnt get you ((....the medicals aren't needed for sponsor approval....)
in few words these next (5months) will be useful for me and countable or they will not be considered at all and the application process will start ONLY when they receive the x-ray?

if the time frame to complete every thing let us say is 18 months, will the first 5 months is counted(application without x-ray) or NO?

i just want to link above question with what you said ((....the medicals aren't needed for sponsor approval...))

sorry i troubled you with me :)

thanks

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi frndz...
I am sorry but still i didnt get one ques's answer.
I m sponsoring my husband outdide canada but he lives here in canada. Do i need to give one indian address, if yes then mailing or residential, or just canadian address is fine.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canadadubai said:
Thanks Ivan

i will not insist for the x-ray for sure

but i didnt get you ((....the medicals aren't needed for sponsor approval....)
in few words these next (5months) will be useful for me and countable or they will not be considered at all and the application process will start ONLY when they receive the x-ray?

if the time frame to complete every thing let us say is 18 months, will the first 5 months is counted(application without x-ray) or NO?

i just want to link above question with what you said ((....the medicals aren't needed for sponsor approval...))

sorry i troubled you with me :)

thanks
What I meant was that the first stage - sponsor approval - does not require the x-rays. So skip them now, advise they will be done when the baby has been born. It is likely that CIC will have the x-rays before they even look at the file for the SECOND stage.

There's no "timer" that magically must expire before they look at your application. One of two things happens:

(1) an officer looks at the file BEFORE the x-rays have been cleared by the medical officer; the visa officer will thus ask you to complete the medicals. This will add 2-4 months on to the process.
(2) an officer looks at the file AFTER the x-rays have been cleared by the medical officer, there is no additional delay.

hazamc

Mar 4, 2013
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 JUNE 2011 for wife
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
05 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 AUGUST 2011
Med's Done....
5 JUNE 2013 and 11 SEPTEMBER 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 2015
LANDED..........
February 2015
I applied for my Dear Wife in Pakistan from Canada on JUNE 2011. So far other than AOR we did not received anything from CHC Islamabad. Even our online status just shows

"We received NC's application for permanent residence on August 4, 2011."

So far, No remedial request for us, No request for any other thing in the world means since August 4, 2011 we have ZERO progress.

I contacted my MP and we got a reply from CHC Islamabad saying
"The file is in queue for further review and it remains within published processing times."

ISLAMABAD SUCKS.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
hazamc said:
I applied for my Dear Wife in Pakistan from Canada on JUNE 2011. So far other than AOR we did not received anything from CHC Islamabad. Even our online status just shows

"We received NC's application for permanent residence on August 4, 2011."

So far, No remedial request for us, No request for any other thing in the world means since August 4, 2011 we have ZERO progress.

I contacted my MP and we got a reply from CHC Islamabad saying
"The file is in queue for further review and it remains within published processing times."

ISLAMABAD SUCKS.
Do you know if any other June 2011 applicants have received their visas? If there are reams of people who have applied after you receiving their visas before you then they are not processing in any order. I would then complain that if the VO can process applications submitted after yours then the processing time is meaningless.

nany et Hoho

Apr 26, 2013
Hi,
I am just wondering if someone had to go thru what we've gone thru my husband and i... i sponsered him to come to canada in may 2010, he did the interview few months after in october in december 2010...2 months later received a letter somewhat he was refused saying they have doubts and is not considered has my legal husband,january sent a request to bring it to an appeal in april 2011 went to the MARL when they came to a conclusion that i need to go on appeal in the court .... i am going next month... just wondering if this was any success to anyone???

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
nany et Hoho said:
Hi,
I am just wondering if someone had to go thru what we've gone thru my husband and i... i sponsered him to come to canada in may 2010, he did the interview few months after in october in december 2010...2 months later received a letter somewhat he was refused saying they have doubts and is not considered has my legal husband,january sent a request to bring it to an appeal in april 2011 went to the MARL when they came to a conclusion that i need to go on appeal in the court .... i am going next month... just wondering if this was any success to anyone???
Success depends on your ability to prove the nature of your relationship is real and not invented to gain residency. You should know specifically why the visa officer came to the conclusion that your marriage is one of convenience and then provide evidence to substantiate why it is real.

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
computergeek said:
What I meant was that the first stage - sponsor approval - does not require the x-rays. So skip them now, advise they will be done when the baby has been born. It is likely that CIC will have the x-rays before they even look at the file for the SECOND stage.

There's no "timer" that magically must expire before they look at your application. One of two things happens:

(1) an officer looks at the file BEFORE the x-rays have been cleared by the medical officer; the visa officer will thus ask you to complete the medicals. This will add 2-4 months on to the process.
(2) an officer looks at the file AFTER the x-rays have been cleared by the medical officer, there is no additional delay.

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Dear Computergeek

now this is my understanding based on your explanation

as per CIC website the process time for stage one is 6 months(so here they will not check the medicals) and stage two take 8 months( here they will check medicals and security for person being sponsored)

so I think it is 6 months then 8 months(series not parallel)right?

means ONLY after 6 months they will start working on stage 2 whcih medicals(x-ray comes into the picture)

by this NO delay will be there because ill do the x-ray and send it before they start stage 2 which requires the medical!

means first 6 months the period in which they will check the sponsor douments(STAGE 1) will not be lost

did i get it right computergeek???!!!

thank you

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
computergeek said:

Dear Computergeek

as per CIC website the process time for stage one is 6 months(so here they will not check the medicals) and stage two take 8 months( here they will check medicals and security for person being sponsored)

means ONLY after 6 months they will start working on stage 2 whcih medicals(x-ray comes into the picture)

by this NO delay will be there because ill do the x-ray and send it before they start stage 2 which requires the medical!

means first 6 months the period in which they will check the sponsor douments(STAGE 1) will not be lost

did i get it right computergeek???!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Baby1990 said:
Hi frndz...
I am sorry but still i didnt get one ques's answer.
I m sponsoring my husband outdide canada but he lives here in canada. Do i need to give one indian address, if yes then mailing or residential, or just canadian address is fine.
you don't need an indian address. You need to give the address where you want the information to be sent. So if he is in Canada, put the Canadian address. It's legal to apply outland while staying in Canada, so no worries. Just fill out the forms to reflect your situation.
Sweden

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canadadubai said:
Dear Computergeek

This sounds like you are applying via the spouse-in-Canada class ("inland").

canadadubai said:
Yes. Welcome to CIC, where your patience is to be tested in the crucible.

canadadubai said:
means ONLY after 6 months they will start working on stage 2 which medicals(x-ray comes into the picture)

means first 6 months the period in which they will check the sponsor documents (STAGE 1) will not be lost
Right. If you were applying via the Outland process (where stage 1 takes a month right now) then it would be more likely the visa office might open your file.

Some people don't even do the medical until stage 2 for an inland application, though that does slow it down a bit.

So you'll be fine - don't get the x-ray now and submit it after your baby is born.