Feb.12, 2014
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
❤❤February 18, 2014❤❤
LANDED..........
❤❤❤❤March 3, 2014❤❤❤❤
IvanP said:
I've been wondering whether they are waiting until the time they've given to respond with additional documents has expired to actually expire before they look to see whether you've actually submitted the documents. So, that would mean that because they gave us 60 days to send "proof" that I "intend" to live in Canada, they won't look at our file until 60 days have passed, which would be this Friday at the earliest (this also happens to be our somethingth wedding anniversary - 16th maybe? - I've sort of lost track, even though I always do remember the date!).
I honestly don't believe that's how they do it, because they gave my husband 60 days to submit a medical and he did it in 1 week and 1 week later it was updated that they received it. I think it depends how soon they get around to seeing it via email or post?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
TLSD said:
I honestly don't believe that's how they do it, because they gave my husband 60 days to submit a medical and he did it in 1 week and 1 week later it was updated that they received it. I think it depends how soon they get around to seeing it via email or post?
I think you are right.

abdelilah1el

May 22, 2012
Hello;

My name is Abdel from Morocco, my wife is workng inside Canada and precisely in Toronto under Live in care giver and she already applied for permanent residency.
The application is submitted on July 2011.
The CIC started processing on August 11 th 2011.

Any idea about the time left for for being approved the permanent residency???

We got married inside Canada(civil marriage according the canadian law in Canada) because I went therr as visitor with visa to see her and we got married there then; we were tild it is better to wait for the PR from outside Canada hecause it is fast somehow.So do you have any idea as I heared it take 24 months at most for being approved the immigrant visa to me as her husband from outside Canada and she will get her PR from inside.

How long dpes it take at most?????

Thank you

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
amikety said:
Yes, make sure to take with you what the country guide tells you. The doctor's office will supply the form. It's on colored paper, so it's best to have the original from the doctor.

If the doctor argues that he needs Appendix A, he needs to tell the doctor CIC did away with that when they switched to e-medicals. If the doctor persists, he needs to ask the office to send him a copy of the form or a link to the form. If they try sending him a link, they will (hopefully) see it's broken - AKA no more!
Good advice, or go to another DMP haha

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
parker24 said:
Good advice, or go to another DMP haha
I gave someone that advice once only to discover the only DMP within 500 miles was the one giving him a hard time! :p

But in all seriousness, Appendix A is no more. I used to have it favorited so it was easy to paste the link for people. It is broked. I finally removed it from my favorites.

PS I realized broked isn't a word......... :p :p :p

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
amikety said:
I gave someone that advice once only to discover the only DMP within 500 miles was the one giving him a hard time! :p

But in all seriousness, Appendix A is no more. I used to have it favorited so it was easy to paste the link for people. It is broked. I finally removed it from my favorites.

PS I realized broked isn't a word......... :p :p :p
It is now! :p

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
samlogani said:
1) Does anybody know how long will I have to wait before CIC responds to my mails / emails for processing of my wife app
That's the # 1 question people ask on this forum. Seriously, nobody knows.

Have you ordered GCMS notes? You're both in Canada, so there's no fee to do so ("privacy act" request). That should show if they received your documents.

samlogani said:
2) Well in Email it was said I should send all docs as scanned, I sent hard copy with PCC etc., shoudl Isend the whole package again as scanned copy?
If you don't have a confirmation from them of receipt, I'd send it again - CIC has an uncanny ability to lose documents. But if you have a confirmation of receipt (e.g., you sent them via courier) or they show up in your GCMS notes, then I wouldn't annoy them further.

samlogani said:
3) My spouse did her meds outside canada in feb 2013, you think she will have to go for her meds again?
No. Medicals can be done anywhere in the world. She should have been given a receipt for the medicals and that's all CIC needs to find those medicals, though it can take a while. Again, this would show up in the GCMS notes.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friendzzzzz
I just wanna know. I m living here in canada with my husband n i going to apply by outside canada appl
Is it ojay bcz its fast n what address i should give to sponsor my husband in his forms
indian or canadian. As i want to process it from outside.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baby1990 said:
Hi friendzzzzz
I just wanna know. I m living here in canada with my husband n i going to apply by outside canada appl
Is it ojay bcz its fast n what address i should give to sponsor my husband in his forms
indian or canadian. As i want to process it from outside.
You can give his address in India and his mailing address in Canada.

Haris Ali

May 2, 2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship (NEED HELP)

I FILED MY APP FOR SPONSOR SPOUSE IN 2010 IN PAKISTAN, IT WAS REJECTED IN 2012 MENTIONING BEING A CANADIAN I DIDNT RESIDE IN CANADA SO WE CANT GRANT VISA TO SPOUSE

THEN I WAS GIVEN RIGHT TO APPEAL OR WITHDRAW THE CASE, SO I APPEAL IN JUN 2012 TO IAD VANCOUVER.... THEN IN OCT 2012.... I RECIEVED LETTER REQUIRING MORE DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT TO MINISTER COUNSEL, CBSA HEARINGS AND APPEALS OFFICE, CALAGARY.... THEN IN FEB 2013 CBSA TALKED TO MISSION OFFICE, ISLAMABAD PAK TO RE-OPEN MY SPOUSE CASE.. SO THEY AGREED AND I WITHDRAW MY APPEAL FROM IAD/IRB VANCOUVER... RECIEVED CONFIRMATION OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEAL ON 12 MARCH 2013.... NOW CASE HAS BEEN SEND BACK TO HIGH COMMISSION OF CANADA, ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN

PLEASE ADVISE ME IF MY CASE WIL BE APPROVED AS MISSION OFFICE, ISLAMABAD ASKED ME FOR DOCUMENTS LIKE BANKING, HOUSING, EMPLOYMENT, ASSETS INFORMATION WHICH WILL SHOW DEMOSTRATION TO ESTABLISH IN CANADA.

I HAVE SEND THOSE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ON APIL 20, 2013 AND BY NOW ITS RECIEVED AT MISSION OFFICE, ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN

THIS WHOLE CASE AS GONE THROUGH MANY HARD TIMES SINCE 2010.... PLEASE HELP ME THROUGH THIS FORUM TO APPROVE MY SPOUSE [PERMANENT VISA CASE AND I HAVE A SON WHO HAS CANADIAN PASSPORT WITH CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE BUT HE WAS BORN IN PAKISTAN (ALL DOCUMENTS ARE THERE WITH MISSION OFFICE, ISLAMABAD PAK)

THANK YOU

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Oh my!
You should erase your private information here, this is not a Canadian Government website but a forum where we discuss our immigration applications, we are all applicants!

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013

Haris Ali said:
I FILED MY APP FOR SPONSOR SPOUSE IN 2010 IN PAKISTAN, IT WAS REJECTED IN 2012 MENTIONING BEING A CANADIAN I DIDNT RESIDE IN CANADA SO WE CANT GRANT VISA TO SPOUSE

THEN I WAS GIVEN RIGHT TO APPEAL OR WITHDRAW THE CASE, SO I APPEAL IN JUN 2012 TO IAD VANCOUVER.... THEN IN OCT 2012.... I RECIEVED LETTER REQUIRING MORE DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT TO MINISTER COUNSEL, CBSA HEARINGS AND APPEALS OFFICE, CALAGARY.... THEN IN FEB 2013 CBSA TALKED TO MISSION OFFICE, ISLAMABAD PAK TO RE-OPEN MY SPOUSE CASE.. SO THEY AGREED AND I WITHDRAW MY APPEAL FROM IAD/IRB VANCOUVER... RECIEVED CONFIRMATION OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEAL ON 12 MARCH 2013.... NOW CASE HAS BEEN SEND BACK TO HIGH COMMISSION OF CANADA, ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN

PLEASE ADVISE ME IF MY CASE WIL BE APPROVED AS MISSION OFFICE, ISLAMABAD ASKED ME FOR DOCUMENTS LIKE BANKING, HOUSING, EMPLOYMENT, ASSETS INFORMATION WHICH WILL SHOW DEMOSTRATION TO ESTABLISH IN CANADA.

I HAVE SEND THOSE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ON APIL 20, 2013 AND BY NOW ITS RECIEVED AT MISSION OFFICE, ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN

THIS WHOLE CASE AS GONE THROUGH MANY HARD TIMES SINCE 2010.... PLEASE HELP ME THROUGH THIS FORUM TO APPROVE MY SPOUSE [PERMANENT VISA CASE AND I HAVE A SON WHO HAS CANADIAN PASSPORT WITH CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE BUT HE WAS BORN IN PAKISTAN (ALL DOCUMENTS ARE THERE WITH MISSION OFFICE, ISLAMABAD PAK)

THANK YOU

SINCERELY YOURS

Erase your personal details first.

deshulina

Oct 22, 2012
Hi guys !
I have a quick question, me ans my husband are thinking of going ahead with the sponsoring, but there is something that is not really clear to me.I am Bulgarian and the waiting time for Bulgaria is 1 moths because it's cover my Romania and that the time on their official web site but I'm currently living and working in the UK, o my question is if we apply for sponsorship will our package go thought Romania or England ? Thank you in advance !

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

Haris Ali said:
Please don't use all capitals - that is the forum equivalent of shouting.

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. The reason your file was re-opened is because the decision against you was incorrect as a matter of law, and CIC would have lost anyway.

It will take them several more months to process the new documents. However, because they re-opened your file, your lock-in date should not have changed, so you should be near the top of the pile of applications.

I would strongly suggest ordering your GCMS case notes - and I'd keep ordering them every 5-6 weeks. It's the only way you are likely to hear something.

The other options you have is to contact your Member of Parliament for your district and ask her or his office to find out what is happening with your application. It may be necessary to push them, but they will be able to find out what's going on with your file as well and the are likely to be sympathetic given that CIC has already screwed up your application once.

Good luck - Islamabad is one of the slowest offices, but even they generally only take 2 years for a spousal application, so keep pushing.

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
That's the # 1 question people ask on this forum. Seriously, nobody knows.

Have you ordered GCMS notes? You're both in Canada, so there's no fee to do so ("privacy act" request). That should show if they received your documents.

If you don't have a confirmation from them of receipt, I'd send it again - CIC has an uncanny ability to lose documents. But if you have a confirmation of receipt (e.g., you sent them via courier) or they show up in your GCMS notes, then I wouldn't annoy them further.

No. Medicals can be done anywhere in the world. She should have been given a receipt for the medicals and that's all CIC needs to find those medicals, though it can take a while. Again, this would show up in the GCMS notes.
Thank you. I did order GCMS notes today, see how it goes