+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Cuchipam

May 2, 2013
My husband is in the US and has contacted the authorized Doctor in his area for Medical Examination, but the Doctor says he needs a letter from CIC to perform the examination. That means we have to submit the formsf irst, and then we get that letter?... I am a little consfused with that. Please help!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Did your husband ask for an "Up Front Medical"? No letter is required for this, although the DMP might wish to see evidence that an application is being prepared. CIC do NOT need to pre-authorise up front medical examinations.

Cuchipam

May 2, 2013
Thank you, I'll tell him to try that.
Also, I hope you can help me with a question in Form IMM5490
28. Are you currently living with your sponsor?
The sponsored answer in our case is "NO". The question right next to that answer is: When did your sponsor return to Canada?... I'm the Sponsor and I have not left Canada, my husband (sponsored) is the one that comes to visit me. What date should I put?

iole

Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys! I need your help please. Im a PR and recently got married outside Canada, which is not even in my home country. I am now back here in Canada and in preparation to sponsoring my husband, I need to change my civil status to "Marrried", right? Anyone here who can tell me how to do it? Thank you very much in advance for your response, truly appreciated.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
iole said:
Hi guys! I need your help please. Im a PR and recently got married outside Canada, which is not even in my home country. I am now back here in Canada and in preparation to sponsoring my husband, I need to change my civil status to "Marrried", right? Anyone here who can tell me how to do it? Thank you very much in advance for your response, truly appreciated.
As far as I know - at least in Alberta - there is no registering your marriage. Your biggest "change" is updating Revenue Canada. If you wish to change your last name (and you don't live in Quebec) you can take a copy of your marriage certificate to the local registry (or whatever it's called in your province) and use that to get a new driver's license.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
iole said:
In Ontario, you go to Service Ontario and get your name changed if you want to do that. Otherwise you just write a letter to CRA changing your status. Just a warning, when you do do this, they will then start asking for your husband's SIN and 2010, 2011 and 2012 world income. Just prepare for that.

Kamar

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has any body got call from ND office for Interview postpone?

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friendzzz
I have 2 ques.
Plz help me ou
I m applying for my husband pr outland canada in india means wud send to missisuaga but he lives with me here in canada. So do i have to give any indian address or only canadian adress is fine.
Also what total amount of fees i hv to give and can i pay from canadian institution.
Also in sponsor forms 1s ques. What i need to check just confused weather withraw application or pro
eed with that.
Plzzzzzzzzz

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Baby1990 said:
Hi friendzzz
I have 2 ques.
Plz help me ou
I m applying for my husband pr outland canada in india means wud send to missisuaga but he lives with me here in canada. So do i have to give any indian address or only canadian adress is fine.
Also what total amount of fees i hv to give and can i pay from canadian institution.
Also in sponsor forms 1s ques. What i need to check just confused weather withraw application or pro
eed with that.
Plzzzzzzzzz
Leon answered your first question directly after you asked it.

It's $1040 for a spouse. Order your receipt and go to the bank to pay - or you can do it online. The bank will know what to do if you bring them the receipt.

Check withdraw. That's only applicable you have a co-signer and you can't for spouse.

Here is the form: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=e

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the proper use of the Form IMM 5475?

Can it be used even when a representative has already been used?

I am the Sponsor. I am sponsoring my wife from outland. My Visa office is Singapore.

We are using a representative has sent a form IMM 5476 with his information with original submission.

So, now I would like to know whether I can use Form IMM 5475 to update contact information.

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Dear ,

I am a PR of Canada and my wife who is on visit visa to Canada (doesn’t have PR), she is with me and i want to sponsor her from within Canada, Inland sponsorship

My Wife is pregnant now in her 4 months and i want to apply to sponsor her from In Canada, and a medical examination is required, but since she is pregnant we can’t do X-Ray and medical examination for her.

I have two options

1- Wait till the baby delivery then do the medical examination and apply for her, BUT by this we will waste time (5 months wasting of time)
2- Apply for her the complete application without the medical examination until baby delivery then do the medical examination and send it.
WILL THEY ACCEPT AN APPLICATION WITHOUT A MEDICAL EXAMINATION BECAUSE THE MOTHER IS PREGNANT?
I don’t mind if the process takes longer time if I apply now due to missing documents, but I do mind if they return the application! Especially they emphasize everywhere that they will return the application if they found any missing documents.

Is postponing the sending of medical examination report is to be considered a MISSING DOCUMENTS? or they will keep the application till I send them the medical examination after the baby delivery? and i will not lose time by this?

Please help with your advice

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
canadadubai said:
Dear ,

I am a PR of Canada and my wife who is on visit visa to Canada (doesn't have PR), she is with me and i want to sponsor her from within Canada, Inland sponsorship

My Wife is pregnant now in her 4 months and i want to apply to sponsor her from In Canada, and a medical examination is required, but since she is pregnant we can't do X-Ray and medical examination for her.

I have two options

1- Wait till the baby delivery then do the medical examination and apply for her, BUT by this we will waste time (5 months wasting of time)
2- Apply for her the complete application without the medical examination until baby delivery then do the medical examination and send it.
WILL THEY ACCEPT AN APPLICATION WITHOUT A MEDICAL EXAMINATION BECAUSE THE MOTHER IS PREGNANT?
I don't mind if the process takes longer time if I apply now due to missing documents, but I do mind if they return the application! Especially they emphasize everywhere that they will return the application if they found any missing documents.

Is postponing the sending of medical examination report is to be considered a MISSING DOCUMENTS? or they will keep the application till I send them the medical examination after the baby delivery? and i will not lose time by this?

Please help with your advice
I've seen other people advise doing the exam without the x-rays, and then getting the x-rays after the baby is born.

This form on CIC's website indicates that that is the correct course of action: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMM5733E.pdf

Congratulations and best wishes for your family!

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Thank you Ivan,

So I will take this form to the designated medical practitioner.

Just want to let you know that we don’t have UCI, IME or UMI numbers, these number we will get it from the medical practitioner?

also, I come to know from this forum that the application will be on hold till I provide the x-ray, is that true? so what is the difference if i applied and the application will be on hold for 5 months, or I apply after 5 months with the x-ray? or during the next five months CIC will start process the application?

please advise me Ivan

Thank you

Thank you

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canadadubai said:
Thank you Ivan,

So I will take this form to the designated medical practitioner.

Just want to let you know that we don't have UCI, IME or UMI numbers, these number we will get it from the medical practitioner?

also, I come to know from this forum that the application will be on hold till I provide the x-ray, is that true? so what is the difference if i applied and the application will be on hold for 5 months, or I apply after 5 months with the x-ray? or during the next five months CIC will start process the application?

please advise me Ivan

Thank you

Thank you
The doctor won't have those numbers. CIC will look them up based upon your wife's bio data (name, DOB) and add her UCI to the information.

Yes, they will not approve the medical until the x-ray is done. However, they probably won't even look at the file in the next five months so if you're lucky you'll get the x-rays submitted and then a week or two later a VO will look at the file.

mrs_d

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
03-25-2013
File Transfer...
03-25-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-14-2013
hi everyone!

does anyone know when the next step update will be?

thanks... this waiting game is killing slowly.