Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
My husband and I were doing the math and since we traveled to see each other over the last 4 years plus application fees, translations and other details we spent over $ 55000 USD!
Only true love to go through something like this.

bluejays628

Apr 22, 2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Advice on entering

Hi, I am a Canadian Citizen and I have been a non-resident for over 10 years and now deciding to go back to Canada with my wife and child. My child is a Canadian Citizen while my wife is not.
I am going to sponsor my wife to be PR after we got back. We are advised by the shipping company that when we enter to Canada, we need to declare there will be "goods to follow".
However, accountant at Canada advised that it may risk that my wife will not be allowed to "travel" to Canada.
We have bought return tickets for the family and the return date is 6 months after since her passport allows her to stay in Canada for 6 months.
My questions are:
1. Should we declare "goods to follow" upon entering Canada and re-activate my residence status at border?
2. What should we tell the immigration about my wife's visit? She needs to stay with us to take care of our 4-yo son. But if we tell immigration that she will be staying here for 6 months while I am declaring "goods" to follow" will it be contradictory?
3. If we are not declaring upon entering and I re-activiate my residence status later on to claim my "goods" will there be any consequences?
Thanks for your advise.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013

bluejays628 said:
Hi, I am a Canadian Citizen and I have been a non-resident for over 10 years and now deciding to go back to Canada with my wife and child. My child is a Canadian Citizen while my wife is not.
I am going to sponsor my wife to be PR after we got back. We are advised by the shipping company that when we enter to Canada, we need to declare there will be "goods to follow".
However, accountant at Canada advised that it may risk that my wife will not be allowed to "travel" to Canada.
We have bought return tickets for the family and the return date is 6 months after since her passport allows her to stay in Canada for 6 months.
My questions are:
1. Should we declare "goods to follow" upon entering Canada and re-activate my residence status at border?
2. What should we tell the immigration about my wife's visit? She needs to stay with us to take care of our 4-yo son. But if we tell immigration that she will be staying here for 6 months while I am declaring "goods" to follow" will it be contradictory?
3. If we are not declaring upon entering and I re-activiate my residence status later on to claim my "goods" will there be any consequences?
Thanks for your advise.
1) If you have some, it's probably a good idea, unless your wife will declare them upon her landing as a PR instead.

2) Does she require a visa? The answer will depend a lot on this.

3) You can be charged duty. If you don't declare them, do as I suggest in #1.

If you're a citizen, you can sponsor her outside of Canada. You don't have to wait until you get here.

bluejays628

Apr 22, 2013

amikety said:
1) If you have some, it's probably a good idea, unless your wife will declare them upon her landing as a PR instead.

2) Does she require a visa? The answer will depend a lot on this.

3) You can be charged duty. If you don't declare them, do as I suggest in #1.

If you're a citizen, you can sponsor her outside of Canada. You don't have to wait until you get here.
Thanks amikety.
She does not require a visa, since her passport allows her to stay for 6 months and we have return tickets.
my fear is that if we do #1, i.e. to declare upon entering Canada, she will be denied entrance since she is only a "visitor" and it may end up a endless explanation on all the details and planning which we don't have a perfect plan yet.
If we only declare "goods to follow" after entering, what is the worst case? only charging duty?
We are planning to go back in June, and even if I am applying now (outside of Canada) we will still face the same situation that there will be questions on her "visit" to Canada. Although she has been Canada several times, we just want to make sure her entrance will not be troublesome.

nikki41300

Apr 23, 2013
Hi,

Your information is highly appreciated.

But I have a one query. I have applied for my wife's open work permit on feb'13 in delhi, but still status is showing in process
Its almost 2 month have been completed, there is no response and no medical request.

Please tell me why it is getting delayed? I am so much worried about the processing.

Thanks!!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

bluejays628 said:
Thanks amikety.
She does not require a visa, since her passport allows her to stay for 6 months and we have return tickets.
my fear is that if we do #1, i.e. to declare upon entering Canada, she will be denied entrance since she is only a "visitor" and it may end up a endless explanation on all the details and planning which we don't have a perfect plan yet.
If we only declare "goods to follow" after entering, what is the worst case? only charging duty?
We are planning to go back in June, and even if I am applying now (outside of Canada) we will still face the same situation that there will be questions on her "visit" to Canada. Although she has been Canada several times, we just want to make sure her entrance will not be troublesome.
They can refuse it, but it's pretty unlikely. If you are very concerned, pay the fees for a PR application now and tell them at the border you're in the process of sponsoring her for PR. But as long as you assure the BSO that you will abide by the law (and those return tickets demonstrate that fact) it's unlikely they'd refuse her at the border.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Processing Times: Family Sponsorship
This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2)

Last quarterly update: January 16, 2013

no update untel now for this step ?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
mosaab said:
Processing Times: Family Sponsorship
This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2)

Last quarterly update: January 16, 2013

no update untel now for this step ?
They tend to take their time updating anything in case you haven't noticed haha

whitehorn

Jan 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bro/sis
im planning to get a tattoo next month
can i still pass the medical exam for my canada visa?
TIA

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
whitehorn said:
bro/sis
TIA
If you don't get Hep B yes.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
whitehorn said:
bro/sis
TIA
I have a tatoo too
but make sure you are doing that in a safe place
its no problem for the medical

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friendsss,

I have a question. I am a pr living in canada and my husband is in canada too. I am thinking to apply outside canada from india. So what address i should give them canadian or indian. Because i dont want to send this case to Bc. I want this outside.
Plz suggest me what should i do.

Thank you