+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

I went for my interview today,it took me like 15 mins.It wasn't long at al:)l,I got my PR and paid 490$.Im really happy that its all over,no more stress and no more money to spend.Thank you for all your helps and good luck everybody.

Shabnamasoud

Mar 10, 2013
Dear computergreek:
Tnx for your reply:

Dear Sir / Madam,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application, you must do the following within 40 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

- Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): Payment has to be done only by your sponsor if not done yet. Please contact your sponsor and request him / her to pay the RPRF for you (490 CAD) as soon as possible. The fee may be paid at a financial institution in Canada or may be paid through the internet.
Once your sponsor has paid the RPRF fee in Canada, the receipt must be mailed to:

If the receipt is not mailed to CPC-Mississauga, our office cannot confirm the payment to continue processing your application.

Please note that if you do not comply with this request within 40 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application.

And exactly after 40 days my status not available and says we arent able to identify you.
But our lowyer sent the money before but i think they dont recieve the oayment:(
Im too worry bcos they even dont answer my emails.
This mail is for dec.
Is it possible of file refusal?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Shabnamasoud said:
Is it possible of file refusal?
No chance at this point. Zero. However, I would suggest that you order your GCMS notes so that you can confirm the payment is noted in your file.

Before they would refuse for non-payment of the RPRF they would send one more letter saying "this really is your last chance..."

Shabnamasoud

Mar 10, 2013
computergeek said:
No chance at this point. Zero. However, I would suggest that you order your GCMS notes so that you can confirm the payment is noted in your file.

Before they would refuse for non-payment of the RPRF they would send one more letter saying "this really is your last chance..."

Tnx but what is gcms?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Shabnamasoud said:
Tnx but what is gcms?
Global Case Management System.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

You want the "Electronic Case Notes".

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
zmikers said:
I have a couple of quick questions about my application, and I'm sure I'll have many more to come :'(

I am Canadian living in Taiwan and my wife is Taiwanese. Our daughter was born in Taiwan but is Taiwanese and Canadian. We are moving to Canada on August 1st 2013.

1) Because we are moving in August, should I still apply in Hong-Kong and notify them after we move, or should I apply inland in Canada?

Either. You can still apply outland while in Canada. You might have an issue with your wife coming though, as I'm pretty sure she needs a visa, and because she is married to you, she probably will be denied.

2) Do I post all documents, sponsor and sponsored person applications and additional letters, in the same envelope to Ontario and have them forward the correct documents to Hong-Kong for us? Or do I need to post the forms separately myself?

You need to send ALL the paperwork to Mississauga first, every single thing. Then they will process it for first stage and then send it to Hong Kong.

3) When asked about places of residence, do I just put today's date if I am still living in that place?

Yes. And your Mailing should be Canadian if you know it. If not you can change it later.

Thanks for your help.

PS Are there any agencies or people who can look at scanned copies of our application just to make sure everything has been done correctly before we send them off?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Either. You can still apply outland while in Canada. You might have an issue with your wife coming though, as I'm pretty sure she needs a visa, and because she is married to you, she probably will be denied.
Taiwan is visa exempt now, so she wouldn't require a visa to come and visit.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hi Everyone...

I just arrived in Canada and live with my soon to be spouse. So, the situation is that My passport got stamped by the custom officer in airport at Vancouver, but they only stamped my passport with the date of entry, not saying anything about the length of stay . So, do you guys have any idea about this? Like how long is the length of my stay to be exact?

Because I need to make a time frame for the wedding arrangement kind of thing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
P

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pritha said:
I just arrived in Canada and live with my soon to be spouse. So, the situation is that My passport got stamped by the custom officer in airport at Vancouver, but they only stamped my passport with the date of entry, not saying anything about the length of stay . So, do you guys have any idea about this? Like how long is the length of my stay to be exact?
Six months. That's the rule unless otherwise noted in your passport.

You may apply to extend it - just do so before six months has elapsed. Even after that, as long as the application is pending, you are covered by "implied status".

If you file an inland application, you can file for an open work permit (OWP) along with the PR application and it will be approved after AIP is granted - but you have implied status while they are processing the application (currently about 6 months for the first stage).

If you get married in BC, you will receive your marriage certificate about 3 weeks after you are married, which will be required to file a PR application.

If you are living in BC, if you are living with your spouse and you have a PR application pending, you are eligible to be added as a dependent to their MSP coverage. See: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

Good luck!

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
amikety said:
Put wherever you are now. You can update the address later. Or you can put a family's address in Canada because sometimes CIC isn't too swift about mailing addresses changing.
Thank you for the response. Can I put my parents' address in Canada as mine and my wife's mailing address? Will they think it strange that she is applying for residency, but her mailing address is in Canada?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
zmikers said:
Thank you for the response. Can I put my parents' address in Canada as mine and my wife's mailing address? Will they think it strange that she is applying for residency, but her mailing address is in Canada?
That's fine. It's not unusual at all.

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
Thank you all so much for all of the help. Taiwan has closed their visa office, so there is no one here to help anymore. I have just one last question....... Hopefully! :p

I was surprised by the extra $490 RPRF, so our total fees should be $1040, is this correct? Should I just pay them all now to make the application process faster?

Thanks again everyone. You really are a life saver!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
zmikers said:
Thank you all so much for all of the help. Taiwan has closed their visa office, so there is no one here to help anymore. I have just one last question....... Hopefully! :p

I was surprised by the extra $490 RPRF, so our total fees should be $1040, is this correct? Should I just pay them all now to make the application process faster?

Thanks again everyone. You really are a life saver!
If you can afford to pay the whole thing now, then I would definitely suggest it, as it can cut 2-4 months time off the processing of your application.

The fastest process is if everything the officer needs is in your file when she or he reviews it. If the fees are paid, the police certificates there, the relationship evidence genuine, medicals done, etc. the only thing that must be done is to order security checks and then you're done - they send your PPR (some people have just received the COPR in the mail without receiving COPR!)

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
computergeek said:
Six months. That's the rule unless otherwise noted in your passport.

You may apply to extend it - just do so before six months has elapsed. Even after that, as long as the application is pending, you are covered by "implied status".

If you file an inland application, you can file for an open work permit (OWP) along with the PR application and it will be approved after AIP is granted - but you have implied status while they are processing the application (currently about 6 months for the first stage).

If you get married in BC, you will receive your marriage certificate about 3 weeks after you are married, which will be required to file a PR application.

If you are living in BC, if you are living with your spouse and you have a PR application pending, you are eligible to be added as a dependent to their MSP coverage. See: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

Good luck!
Hi CG,

Thanks for enlighting my day. I am now in Toronto. Do you have a link for MSP coverage in Ontario ?

Regards,
P

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pritha said:
Hi CG,

Thanks for enlighting my day. I am now in Toronto. Do you have a link for MSP coverage in Ontario ?

Regards,
P
The rules vary by province. Ontario will only give OHIP coverage for outland applicants once they land (outland) or when they receive AIP (inland).