Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
I was also wondering if anyone has any experience as far as wait times?
I just checked and it say's outland apps are taking 29 days for the assesment and then 14 months for application for Detroit & New York? That's why I asked which office I write down on my application.
Just confusing myself....
Thanks in advanced again

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
msbigshot said:
I was also wondering if anyone has any experience as far as wait times?
I just checked and it say's outland apps are taking 29 days for the assesment and then 14 months for application for Detroit & New York? That's why I asked which office I write down on my application.
Just confusing myself....
Thanks in advanced again
The wait times are to complete 80% of applications. Most US applications are processed in Ottawa anyway and are only forwarded to Detroit or NYC if there are special considerations or issues (e.g., an interview is required). Some US applications are sent to LA for processing as well but CPP-O seems to be finalizing many applications these days - and in some cases they do so without even a PPR now (at least two people have reported just receiving their COPR in the mail from CPP-O without a separate PPR step.)

Many applications are completed in less than 14 months; I'd say the 50% complete rate is closer to about 7 months.

smarties786

Aug 31, 2012
Hey!

Has anyone recently been contacted by the Scarborough Landing office? How long does it take to be contacted after the initial letter saying your application has been processed.

Thanks!

Ryissa

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hey all. I'm immigrating from the US to Canada under the Family Class Sponsorship and I'm actually seeing if anyone knows about any (good) lawyers in the Vancouver, BC area who deal with this? I have medical issues that may complicate things and want to make sure I am doing things 100% correctly.

Also, a little off-topic maybe, but I'm trying to apply for an extension to stay in Canada with my husband and the form is asking for my document number on my visitor record I have currently. Which number is that? I have two numbers - one big red set starting with "BB" and another black set under that starting with "C9." I'm assuming the UCI number I'm after is my Client ID on the form, but I can't figure out the other one.

Many thanks!

Edit: One more thing. On that visitor extension there's a form for common-law unions. I'm assuming this doesn't apply to us because we're married? We'll just have to photocopy our marriage certificate?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ryissa said:
Hey all. I'm immigrating from the US to Canada under the Family Class Sponsorship and I'm actually seeing if anyone knows about any (good) lawyers in the Vancouver, BC area who deal with this? I have medical issues that may complicate things and want to make sure I am doing things 100% correctly.
You say "family class" - is this spouse or partner class? If so, medical conditions are not a bar (I have lived the nightmare of A38 excessive demand medical inadmissibility and they are not an issue for spousal class.)

If you do wish to work with an attorney, I can suggest a couple in Toronto (and I'm in Vancouver - I've looked) but I don't know of anyone with experience in medical inadmissibility in Vancouver.

I can also answer questions about medical conditions and their impact on applications.

Ryissa said:
Also, a little off-topic maybe, but I'm trying to apply for an extension to stay in Canada with my husband and the form is asking for my document number on my visitor record I have currently. Which number is that? I have two numbers - one big red set starting with "BB" and another black set under that starting with "C9." I'm assuming the UCI number I'm after is my Client ID on the form, but I can't figure out the other one.
BB is the document number (it's a unique serial number). I'd make sure to include the document as well, so if you get the wrong number the officer can pull out the other one.

Ryissa said:
Edit: One more thing. On that visitor extension there's a form for common-law unions. I'm assuming this doesn't apply to us because we're married? We'll just have to photocopy our marriage certificate?
Right - it doesn't apply to you.

Ryissa

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
computergeek said:
You say "family class" - is this spouse or partner class? If so, medical conditions are not a bar (I have lived the nightmare of A38 excessive demand medical inadmissibility and they are not an issue for spousal class.)
Oh yes, sorry! This is spouse/partner class. But that is a relief to hear!

If you do wish to work with an attorney, I can suggest a couple in Toronto (and I'm in Vancouver - I've looked) but I don't know of anyone with experience in medical inadmissibility in Vancouver.

I can also answer questions about medical conditions and their impact on applications.
Oh wow, Toronto! If the spouse class would "protect" me from medical issues I may not need a lawyer specifically for that, but I'd have to see. I'd like to be able to see a lawyer face-to-face but there's no one reputable in Vancouver, then Toronto it'll have to be!

I've been declared legally disabled from pain in the US. Basic treatment for it involves medicine, but getting treatment like physical therapy, acupuncture, and other pain-managing treatments is much better. I'm hoping that once I can get proper coverage from my husband's extended health plan I can get better treatments, and hopefully find myself a job that would cause very minimal pain. Feel free to message me for specific details. :)

BB is the document number (it's a unique serial number). I'd make sure to include the document as well, so if you get the wrong number the officer can pull out the other one.
Good idea! I'll do just that. Would a copy do or is it just best to send the original document?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ryissa said:
Oh yes, sorry! This is spouse/partner class. But that is a relief to hear!
If you aren't excessive demand exempt it is very difficult to enter Canada (on the other hand, CIC doesn't do very well in court on such cases, either. Better with parent/grandparent cases, losing something like 75% of the economic class cases that get a hearing in court - compared to winning about 80% of cases overall.)

But spouse/partner is "Excessive Demand Exempt". The only medical grounds for refusal are threat to public safety or health (e.g., TB - and that's treatable you just have to complete the treatment.)

Ryissa said:
Oh wow, Toronto! If the spouse class would "protect" me from medical issues I may not need a lawyer specifically for that, but I'd have to see. I'd like to be able to see a lawyer face-to-face but there's no one reputable in Vancouver, then Toronto it'll have to be!
There are reputable immigration attorneys in Vancouver, but not in the narrow field of medical inadmissibility. There are a couple in Toronto, though. But I don't think you need an attorney familiar with A38 refusals (my first attorney - in Vancouver - basically wrote me off when we found out that I had an issue).

Ryissa said:
I've been declared legally disabled from pain in the US. Basic treatment for it involves medicine, but getting treatment like physical therapy, acupuncture, and other pain-managing treatments is much better. I'm hoping that once I can get proper coverage from my husband's extended health plan I can get better treatments, and hopefully find myself a job that would cause very minimal pain. Feel free to message me for specific details. :)
Good idea! I'll do just that. Would a copy do or is it just best to send the original document?
Vancouver is a veritable hot bed of treatment modalities, with numerous acupuncture treatments, TCM, naturopathic medicine, etc. There are even integrative clinics with both traditional medical treatment and alternative treatment modalities working together.

If you are living with your spouse in BC and have an application for PR pending, you become eligible (as his dependent) for MSP coverage. See:
http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf - the key is to make sure you have the documentation to prove you have a pending application.

This would normally make you eligible for his extended health plan as well (typically they require you be covered by the provincial plan). Of course he should check with the plan administrator.

Just send a copy - keep the original. That way they can easily find it in the computer. Make sure to apply before your current status document expires (then you are covered by "implied status").

Good luck!

Ryissa

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
computergeek said:
But spouse/partner is "Excessive Demand Exempt". The only medical grounds for refusal are thread to public safety or health (e.g., TB - and that's treatable you just have to complete the treatment.)
Wonderful! My condition definitely isn't contagious like TB.

There are reputable immigration attorneys in Vancouver, but not in the narrow field of medical inadmissibility. There are a couple in Toronto, though. But I don't think you need an attorney familiar with A38 refusals (my first attorney - in Vancouver - basically wrote me off when we found out that I had an issue).
Gotcha. Since I'm exempt even if I'm deemed an "excessive demand," would those Vancouver attorneys be okay for me to use? Either way I'd love some names so I can do some digging around. It's a shame I don't know anyone personally who's immigrated! It'd make searching a lot easier!

Vancouver is a veritable hot bed of treatment modalities, with numerous acupuncture treatments, TCM, naturopathic medicine, etc. There are even integrative clinics with both traditional medical treatment and alternative treatment modalities working together.
Oh yes, I've found a couple of them already and it gives me a LOT of hope! I've even gotten a comment to the nature of "Oooo, you're going to BC? You're SO lucky to be close to Dr. So-and-so!" I'm really happy to be moving to a place with so many places that could help me. ;D

If you are living with your spouse in BC and have an application for PR pending, you become eligible (as his dependent) for MSP coverage. See:
http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf - the key is to make sure you have the documentation to prove you have a pending application.

This would normally make you eligible for his extended health plan as well (typically they require you be covered by the provincial plan). Of course he should check with the plan administrator.
That is some VERY good news! I assume I'd get an official letter in the mail or email once I've sent off my application that says it is pending, and I'd show them that as proof?

mani5553

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011, 2nd AOR 1st April 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
23rd May 2011
Med's Done....
26th May 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23rd May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sept 2011
LANDED..........
14th November 2011
Hi All,

I filed my wife's sponsorship application with CPC Mississauga and following is the timeline:

Application filed : 19th Dec 20012
Application Received By CPC Mississauga : 20th Dec 2012
Acknowledgement of receipt of application by CPC Mississauge via Email : 12th Jan 2013
Sponsorship Approved via Email : 17th Jan 2013
File transfer to NDVO : 17th Jan 2013

Current eCAS status : APPLICATION RECEIVED (with line "Medical results have been received" mentioned on eCAS)

On 3rd March, my wife received a letter from NDVO stating that they have received our application and have created a file and they provided a fresh UCI # but the file # is the same which I received on 12th Jan from CPC Mississauga.

In the letter dtd 3rd March, NDVO has also mentioned that to expedite the processing, we need to submint following:
1. RPRF/Landing fee if not already paid to CPC Mississauga (This I've already paid)
2. PCC (Already Submitted with the application)
3. Current and expired (if applicable) passports.

I request forum members to advise if this is a passport request as no deadline has been mentioned and all the documents requested by NDVO were in bulleted squares but none of them has been ticked.

Also, eCAS status has not been changed to "IN PROCESS" which creates doubts in my mind if the letter I received on 3rd March is actually a PP request letter.

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards
Mani

mani5553

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011, 2nd AOR 1st April 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
23rd May 2011
Med's Done....
26th May 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23rd May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sept 2011
LANDED..........
14th November 2011
mani5553 said:
Hi All,

I filed my wife's sponsorship application with CPC Mississauga and following is the timeline:

Application filed : 19th Dec 20012
Application Received By CPC Mississauga : 20th Dec 2012
Acknowledgement of receipt of application by CPC Mississauge via Email : 12th Jan 2013
Sponsorship Approved via Email : 17th Jan 2013
File transfer to NDVO : 17th Jan 2013

Current eCAS status : APPLICATION RECEIVED (with line "Medical results have been received" mentioned on eCAS)

On 3rd March, my wife received a letter from NDVO stating that they have received our application and have created a file and they provided a fresh UCI # but the file # is the same which I received on 12th Jan from CPC Mississauga.

In the letter dtd 3rd March, NDVO has also mentioned that to expedite the processing, we need to submint following:
1. RPRF/Landing fee if not already paid to CPC Mississauga (This I've already paid)
2. PCC (Already Submitted with the application)
3. Current and expired (if applicable) passports.

I request forum members to advise if this is a passport request as no deadline has been mentioned and all the documents requested by NDVO were in bulleted squares but none of them has been ticked.

Also, eCAS status has not been changed to "IN PROCESS" which creates doubts in my mind if the letter I received on 3rd March is actually a PP request letter.

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards
Mani
Plus, there are actually two statuses showing on eCAS - one for my sponsorship application, which says "DECISION MADE" and the other one for my wife, which says "APPLICATION RECEIVED".

Regards
Manpreet

S

shakti123

Hi sir.
My question is my wife have 3 kids but her mother in law took child custody.and application forum I should indicate those thing.one thing more should I send all three parts to mississauga.can you tell me about e medical.
Really Greatfull thx for yor help

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Hey, does anybody here have experience of the landing interview? I've googled and found out the questions are pretty straight forward but they ask me to bring "every document" issued by CIC. I'm not sure if this means every letter emailed and posted or jst the visitor records and work permit.

I'm assuming just the actual visitor records and work permit but a little paranoid I don't have every single letter.

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
zmikers said:
I have a couple of quick questions about my application, and I'm sure I'll have many more to come :'(

I am Canadian living in Taiwan and my wife is Taiwanese. Our daughter was born in Taiwan but is Taiwanese and Canadian. We are moving to Canada on August 1st 2013.

1) Because we are moving in August, should I still apply in Hong-Kong and notify them after we move, or should I apply inland in Canada?

2) Do I post all documents, sponsor and sponsored person applications and additional letters, in the same envelope to Ontario and have them forward the correct documents to Hong-Kong for us? Or do I need to post the forms separately myself?

3) When asked about places of residence, do I just put today's date if I am still living in that place?

Thanks for your help.

PS Are there any agencies or people who can look at scanned copies of our application just to make sure everything has been done correctly before we send them off?
Any answers or suggestions?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
mani5553 said:
Plus, there are actually two statuses showing on eCAS - one for my sponsorship application, which says "DECISION MADE" and the other one for my wife, which says "APPLICATION RECEIVED".

Regards
Manpreet
That's normal. Decision Made is for you- your sponsorship has been approved. Application Received means they got the app in NDVO, but haven't started viewing it yet for Stage 2.

The new UCI is your wife's. The one from Stage 1 is yours.

The PPR will explictly say they need your PP.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zmikers said:
Any answers or suggestions?
1) You can apply Outland even if she's in Canada. I would base it on the timeline of the VO versus your move. Which would work out best for you in the long run and familiarize yourself with pros and cons of Inland v. Outland.

2) Yes, everything for both people goes to Mississauga. They will forward it to HK.

3) Put wherever you are now. You can update the address later. Or you can put a family's address in Canada because sometimes CIC isn't too swift about mailing addresses changing.