Spousal sponsorship

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaeger said:
goodman36 said:
You are not undertaking anyone except your wife.

In Box 3 of form IMM 0008, the number is only 1. So, in Form IMM 5481 5 A) is 1 but 5 B) all boxes are 0. 6 A) & B) is 0. So, total of 4, 5 & 6 is

Goodman: Thank you for your response, I understand that part now. One more question, on page 2 of from 5481 it asks for "Details of family members and persons included in undertakings in effect or not yet in effect" because it's just myself applying to sponsor my wife and I have no previous undertakings or anything, then for all questions on page 2 I can just put N/A??
Yes (if you have not applied to sponsor anyone before and other questions does not apply to you)

Jaeger

Feb 25, 2013
computergeek said:
There is no longer an Appendix C in IMM 3910. I'd post the link but the forum software rejects messages with too many links. Make sure you have the current IMM 3910 from the CIC website.

This form is no longer required as of the rules starting 1 November 2012.

The new form is IMM 1017B for an up-front medical examination.

The doctor has this form. You can find it on the CIC website by following the link below for OB 471.

You do not complete this form, it is part of the medical examination done by the panel physician and is completed by the panel physician

The exact details are described in the Panel Physician Handbook, which is linked from OB 471.

computergeek, Okay thank you. I was looking on the site that you gave me, but I think it just made things more confusing. According to the form 3907 (because my wife is Korean) the only part required for medical examination is the Copy 1 of medical report- Client biodata and summary (1017). (which I assume is the 1017b that you refered to.) I just wanted to make sure there weren't any forms NOT provided at the doctor's office that we needed to print out and bring to the doctor ourself.... I know we need to bring the photos with us, but all the other forms are provided at the office I presume?

On a another note, my wife is due to have our first baby in about a month, would you recommend us sending our application before the baby is born then submitting supplemental information afterwards after the baby is born, or wait until the baby is born and submit everything together?? We originally planned to submit everything last month but the process is quite long so we're wondering now if I might get approved faster if we wait till after the baby is born as it will show that our relationship is indeed sincere and that we plan to live together permanently..

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
mandn said:
My wife and I are planning to submit our OUTLAND application from Canada in a few days. We are both currently living in Canada. Later this month (after we submit the application) we are planning to go to her country - Japan - to stay their for a few months.

I am worried about: On her application forms she and I wrote our address in Canada. If she gets requested for an interview will CIC look at this address and make her interview in Canada or Japan?

and secondly - will CIC request her passport in the later stages of our application? If they do and we send it to them from Japan, Will they send it back to our Canadian address after they are done with her passport? (why do they request her passport anyway? can someone explain that to me?)
When applying outland, the applicant usually provides an address outside Canada (even when living in Canada). However, I am sure you sent your application to CPC-M, which initially handles sponsorship applications for outland applications. Then your case file should be sent to Japan, where an interview, if request, would take place (outland applicant are interviewed outside Canada). As citizens of Japan are Visa Free, there will be no need to send the passport in. They might require copies of the passport but that may not even happen. The will likely send the COPR to the applicant's listed address; however, you can always change that address by contacting them before the COPR is issued (you could do that via email as long as you know your application number - just send an email to the VO when you know they have the file). If you did not include an email address I would change the address as soon as possible as any notifications will be sent to the address you provided.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cempjwi said:
When applying outland, the applicant usually provides an address outside Canada (even when living in Canada). However, I am sure you sent your application to CPC-M, which initially handles sponsorship applications for outland applications. Then your case file should be sent to Japan, where an interview, if request, would take place (outland applicant are interviewed outside Canada). As citizens of Japan are Visa Free, there will be no need to send the passport in. They might require copies of the passport but that may not even happen. The will likely send the COPR to the applicant's listed address; however, you can always change that address by contacting them before the COPR is issued (you could do that via email as long as you know your application number - just send an email to the VO when you know they have the file). If you did not include an email address I would change the address as soon as possible as any notifications will be sent to the address you provided.
FYI: Japanese applicants are processed in Manila.

Important message: the Visa and Immigration Section at the Embassy of Canada in Japan (Tokyo) is closed and services have been transferred to the Embassy of Canada in Philippines (Manila).
Source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/japan-japon/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=4&view=d

Make sure that whatever address you give them is valid. Further, don't trust they will update their records properly - the forum is littered with stories of mail gone awry. If you can obtain forwarding service I strongly recommend you do so, even if it costs you extra - the heartache of adding months to your visa application is not worth the cost savings.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jaeger said:
computergeek, Okay thank you. I was looking on the site that you gave me, but I think it just made things more confusing. According to the form 3907 (because my wife is Korean) the only part required for medical examination is the Copy 1 of medical report- Client biodata and summary (1017). (which I assume is the 1017b that you refered to.) I just wanted to make sure there weren't any forms NOT provided at the doctor's office that we needed to print out and bring to the doctor ourself.... I know we need to bring the photos with us, but all the other forms are provided at the office I presume?
If the visa office requests you do medicals, they send IMM 1017 to you. If you get an up front medical the panel physician provides you with the IMM 1017B. Since you are family class it is typical to do the medical up front in which case you'd get the IMM 1017B from the doctor and send that with your application.

Jaeger said:
On a another note, my wife is due to have our first baby in about a month, would you recommend us sending our application before the baby is born then submitting supplemental information afterwards after the baby is born, or wait until the baby is born and submit everything together?? We originally planned to submit everything last month but the process is quite long so we're wondering now if I might get approved faster if we wait till after the baby is born as it will show that our relationship is indeed sincere and that we plan to live together permanently..
Assuming you are a Canadian citizen or the baby is born in Canada, it won't make any difference for the application. But her pregnancy WILL interfere with the medical - they cannot do x-rays while she is pregnant.

If you are concerned about their analysis of the relationship, by all means send along the birth information once you have it. I'd also include DNA test results to prove the child is biologically yours (I've seen them ask for this in the past actually.)

But I don't think it will make the application process faster. MOST of the application process is waiting for someone to look at your file.

warzon

Mar 2, 2013
Hi! Im just a newbie here and I am a sponsor. I have a question where my husband can travel outside Canada with me after landing a month or less? And can he travel even without his PR card yet?

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
[quote author=goodman36]
The 2nd page does not apply to you. So, you can write NA. (this page applies only if you sponsored someone before). [/quote]
Thanks I have now entered Not Applicable.

[quote author=goodman36]
If you looked at Item 16, you must get a Option C print out from Canada Revenue Agency. This document tells the CIC if you are receiving social assistance at present. [/quote]
I have already had this sent to me back in December.

[quote author=goodman36]For item 18 on 2nd page of document checklist, you have to provide an employment letter that shows how much you are earning.[/quote]
Well I am currently not employed. All I have is pay stubs from previous jobs.
and what about the rest of #18 on the checklist? I do not have a job and I have not received interest on income earned so should I leave the box for #18 unchecked?

[quote author=goodman36]
Also, note that if you entered zero or a minimal amount on item 3 on Form IMM 5481, then you have to show if you have any other income. If you don't have any other income, or you are not employed now, then you have to explain in a letter how you plan to support the sponsored person.[/quote]

For item 3 on Form IMM 5481 I did not enter 0. I did have a net personal income in the last 12 month period preceding my application (March2012 to March 2013). What is the minimal amount? I thought there was no income requirements if I am only sponsoring a spouse with no kids etc.

Am I better off writing my "Current situation" on a separate piece of paper rather than using the little box this give you under #2 "Your current situation"?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
cempjwi said:
When applying outland, the applicant usually provides an address outside Canada (even when living in Canada).
There is no problem in putting a Canadian address for outland applications. We did that for our outland app (at the time through Seoul office), with our address in Toronto. The only thing actually mailed was the final CoPR, which came to our Canadian address.

So if the poster here will be travelling to Japan for only a few months then coming back to a permanent address in Canada, it's probably best to just put the Canadian address on the application from the start. Basically wherever they think they will be when COPR is finally issued. Applicants should avoid changing addresses as much as possible when an app is in process.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandn said:
Thanks I have now entered Not Applicable.
I have already had this sent to me back in December.
Well I am currently not employed. All I have is pay stubs from previous jobs.
and what about the rest of #18 on the checklist? I do not have a job and I have not received interest on income earned so should I leave the box for #18 unchecked?

For item 3 on Form IMM 5481 I did not enter 0. I did have a net personal income in the last 12 month period preceding my application (March2012 to March 2013). What is the minimal amount? I thought there was no income requirements if I am only sponsoring a spouse with no kids etc.

Am I better off writing my "Current situation" on a separate piece of paper rather than using the little box this give you under #2 "Your current situation"?
In your case, checking any box on item 17 or 18 does not apply (you don't have to check any box that you don't have the documents for).

But, you have to provide a statement about what your plan is to support yourself and your partner. Refer to form IMM 5481 Item 2 A)

Jaeger

Feb 25, 2013
computergeek said:
If the visa office requests you do medicals, they send IMM 1017 to you. If you get an up front medical the panel physician provides you with the IMM 1017B. Since you are family class it is typical to do the medical up front in which case you'd get the IMM 1017B from the doctor and send that with your application.

Assuming you are a Canadian citizen or the baby is born in Canada, it won't make any difference for the application. But her pregnancy WILL interfere with the medical - they cannot do x-rays while she is pregnant.

If you are concerned about their analysis of the relationship, by all means send along the birth information once you have it. I'd also include DNA test results to prove the child is biologically yours (I've seen them ask for this in the past actually.)

But I don't think it will make the application process faster. MOST of the application process is waiting for someone to look at your file.
Thank you again goodman. We already have the appointment for the medical, but because she is pregnant and they won't be able to do the X-ray does that mean we will have to get another physical later on after the baby is born? If that is the case maybe it's just better to wait until the baby is born..

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
mandn said:
1- Im not totally sure about this. If she received Employment Insurance then it will not affect the application but if she received welfare then it might..

2- Your wife must call revenue canada and request her Option C printout from them (it is a piece of paper with income/tax information on it) . Its free and comes in the mail in a few weeks.
thank you Mr. mandan for your reply , but really until now i don't know if it has any effect or not !!!

this is my inquiry again :

Hi everybody,
Excuse me,

I have a new inquiry

1-My wife now in full-time work, and she want to sponsor me, she received a social assistance for 3 months but she stopped because now she has an income and want to sponsor me, Is it possible to have any effect on the application ??

2- in the document checklist (IMM5491E) , question # 17 , about option C printout, please I want more explanation ??!

hoping3

Mar 4, 2013
Hi, I'm a permanent resident in Canada.I recently got reconnected with my childhood sweetheart and we are hoping to continue the relationship further.
I am still single, but he's married in the Philippines.
We are planning that we'll get married in the Philippines as well before his annulment takes place.
How is this possible and can I legally sponsor him as well? (as outbound app)
or
Should he apply for a tourist visa, (us)get married in Canada ?,while being married in the Phils with his wife work?
What about his marital status ? Should he admit that he's married ? or indicate single? Since he's not planning to bring anyone of them(his family) here?What are the jurisdictions that rule all of this???
We do not intend to let anybody know about our plan to avoid chaos. We are hoping to settle with our new life first, then process his separation/divorce/annulment in the Phils. later.
Will this be safe and legal?
Thanks. Please help.....