02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
what does IN process mean after an interview?????? :'(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Shiny88 said:
what does IN process mean after an interview?????? :'(
Generally it means that you pass the interview (otherwise it would go to "decision made" for a refusal). That's not guaranteed -ecas is not reliable - but that is generally what it means.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
so-impatient said:
All of our paper work is almost done, just waiting on marriage certificate in Ontario (should be with him in 2 weeks) and my medical - SO BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!! I should be able to get it done this week.

I am a doctor myself and which to have record of landing by August/Sept time to be ready to apply for residencies.

If we hopefully send off our application by end Jan could i have record of landing by then??
London posts 9 months for 80% of applications right so with the 1.5 months for sponsor approval it would seem possible (these are 80% of application complete times) but it's definitely cutting it close.

If the application is 100% complete so that when the VO picks it up she or he can say "ready for visa" you could see it back well before that time. In my group (March 2012) the first person to obtain the COPR and land did so in August 2012 and through the London Office - and that was when it was taking 3 months for sponsor approval. So if you get sponsor approval back in 4 weeks (some are reporting less) that puts you mid-February and if London gets to your file and approves it quickly (~3 months) you could have a COPR by mid-May and land shortly after that.

I wouldn't delay on anything at this point...

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
computergeek said:
London posts 9 months for 80% of applications right so with the 1.5 months for sponsor approval it would seem possible (these are 80% of application complete times) but it's definitely cutting it close.

If the application is 100% complete so that when the VO picks it up she or he can say "ready for visa" you could see it back well before that time. In my group (March 2012) the first person to obtain the COPR and land did so in August 2012 and through the London Office - and that was when it was taking 3 months for sponsor approval. So if you get sponsor approval back in 4 weeks (some are reporting less) that puts you mid-February and if London gets to your file and approves it quickly (~3 months) you could have a COPR by mid-May and land shortly after that.

I wouldn't delay on anything at this point...

Thanks computer geek! You give me hope!!!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Hello everyone!

I have a question about my status. Let me try to explain this as clear as possible, I have so much going on in my head that I'm afraid I will mess up my question lol. Ok, so this is the issue: I am currently residing in Canada as a visitor. My visitor status expires on February 10, 2013. I read that if I send my Sponsorship Application (common-law) and if my status expires after I send it I can remain in Canada with and Implied Visitor Status. I'm almost done gathering all the documents to send my inland application (including the application to Change Conditions or Extend Stay as a Worker, for the OWP), so hopefully I'll be sending them by the last week of January. My concern is that I had already overstayed my previous visit by 90 days (which didn't seem like a problem when I re-entered Canada since they just gave me a visitors record when I told them of my intentions of applying for sponsorship), but I don't want to take a risk. My question is this: should I apply for Visitor Extension (which can be done online, making the process faster) or should I just send my Sponsorship Application and hope for the best?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. Hope someone can help me with this issue. Thank you!! ;D

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
Would me and my boyfriend qualify for common law if I live with him consecutively for one year, and leave to come back to the states, for say, 3 months? (Just to gather all proofs of our relationship, and all my paper work?) or would this be some sort of disqualification?

Could I do my medical exam in Canada, even though i'm technically still a U.S Citizen?

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LaylaLala said:
My concern is that I had already overstayed my previous visit by 90 days (which didn't seem like a problem when I re-entered Canada since they just gave me a visitors record when I told them of my intentions of applying for sponsorship), but I don't want to take a risk. My question is this: should I apply for Visitor Extension (which can be done online, making the process faster) or should I just send my Sponsorship Application and hope for the best?
If you're submitting the spousal sponsorship application, you don't need to file a separate extension.

If the 90-day overstay is going to be a problem, then it'll be a problem with or without the TRV extension.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKRSTNA said:
Would me and my boyfriend qualify for common law if I live with him consecutively for one year, and leave to come back to the states, for say, 3 months?
The way your question is worded, you're saying you will live consecutively for one full year, and THEN afterwards leave for 3 months. If that's the case, it's fine, because you've already met the requirement for common law, which is one year.

KKRSTNA said:
Could I do my medical exam in Canada, even though i'm technically still a U.S Citizen?
You can do your medical exam wherever you're currently living, at the nearest doctor to you as specified on CIC's Panel Physician's list.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
tuyen said:
If you're submitting the spousal sponsorship application, you don't need to file a separate extension.

If the 90-day overstay is going to be a problem, then it'll be a problem with or without the TRV extension.
Thnx!

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
I have a question.

I am in Canada and applied for PR under Ontario Provincial Nominee stream. There is status change and I would like to add my wife to application. My wife is back in home country. Where do I submit her documents/ Canada or home country embassy.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hs202 said:
I have a question.

I am in Canada and applied for PR under Ontario Provincial Nominee stream. There is status change and I would like to add my wife to application. My wife is back in home country. Where do I submit her documents/ Canada or home country embassy.
Try posting your question to the provincial nominee section of this forum:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/provincial-nomination-program-immigration-b6.0/

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Dear All Seniors,

PLEASE HELP !

Should i or should i not fill out the #Dependant(s) section on Application Form IMM 0008 and Application Form IMM 0008DEP - Additional Dependats / Declaration Form ? Since i dont have any dependant's or family will come along into the application nor will come along with me to Canada ...

But, i am confused cause its written on IMM 5289 - The Guideline : "You must list all family members in your application for Permanent Residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or Not...(bla bla) "

Both of the forms are related right ?

If in the end i have to fill in the #Dependant's Section on Form 0008, Should they take a medical check too in my home country ??

Please please please help me!

Thanks in advance!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pritha said:
Should i or should i not fill out the #Dependant(s) section on Application Form IMM 0008 and Application Form IMM 0008DEP - Additional Dependats / Declaration Form ? Since i dont have any dependant's or family will come along into the application nor will come along with me to Canada ...

But, i am confused cause its written on IMM 5289 - The Guideline : "You must list all family members in your application for Permanent Residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or Not...(bla bla) "

Both of the forms are related right ?

If in the end i have to fill in the #Dependant's Section on Form 0008, Should they take a medical check too in my home country ??
This means dependents (e.g., children and perhaps grandchildren) and spouse, whether they are coming to Canada or not. It does not mean siblings, parents or other family.

The forms are generic, which can make them confusing as they apply to other situations.

If you have no children and you are being sponsored by your spouse, you won't have any other family members to list.

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
computergeek said:
This means dependents (e.g., children and perhaps grandchildren) and spouse, whether they are coming to Canada or not. It does not mean siblings, parents or other family.

The forms are generic, which can make them confusing as they apply to other situations.

If you have no children and you are being sponsored by your spouse, you won't have any other family members to list.
computergeek,
Happy New year First of all. I applied on 13th June, 2011 and I got AIP on 19th April ,2012 including work permit of course; letter from CIC requesting submiting Medical, police certificate and copy of my passport, I sent all document on 09th June, 2012. On 3rd November I got a letter saying that a copy of my passport I sent is missing a bio data page and advising me to submit a Valid copy that has a bio data page. I sent a new copy on 09 November, 2012. I ordered my FOSS notes on 3rd December, 2012 and I got it on 2nd January, 2013. When I look at it, the forward date was 30 December, 2012 unfortunately it was sunday (weekday). I didn't hear anything till now.What should I expect about my 2nd stage approval? What should be the reason of the delay?

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
computergeek said:

Ahhhh thanks computergeek... U sure such an angel... So, bottomline i just leave the form blank and not include along with my application?