Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Alex_29 said:
Thank you for your reply....but I am a bit confused.

Where and when do you give them your second passport?? I believe as a sponsor, they only ask for a copy of Canadian passport to be sent with the applications.

Wouldn't they ask if they need it??
They only need to know you are Canadian. My passport number is not on my marriage certificate, but if yours is you could include a copy of the second passport and an explanatory letter that you are a dual national (so there is no question of identity).

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
computergeek said:
They only need to know you are Canadian. My passport number is not on my marriage certificate, but if yours is you could include a copy of the second passport and an explanatory letter that you are a dual national (so there is no question of identity).
Oh, yeah, of course, I completely missed about the thing about him being the sponsor. I thought he meant the applicant was the dual national.

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
Hi. In the IMM1344 it asks the sponsor "Are you in receipt of social assistance for a reason other than a disability?"
I am receiving EI right now because I was laid off from my last job due to a shortage of work. Will this effect my chances of sponsoring my wife? BTW i am not sponsoring any kids nor do I have any.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mandn said:
Hi. In the IMM1344 it asks the sponsor "Are you in receipt of social assistance for a reason other than a disability?"
I am receiving EI right now because I was laid off from my last job due to a shortage of work. Will this effect my chances of being a sponsor? BTW i am not sponsoring any kids nor do I have any.
EI is not social assistance.

My sponsor was on EI when we started the application, it caused no problems.

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
computergeek said:
EI is not social assistance.

My sponsor was on EI when we started the application, it caused no problems.
Thanks for your reply!

Were you guys married when you were sponsored?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mandn said:
Were you guys married when you were sponsored?
Yes. But it shouldn't matter.

Laurier

Dec 6, 2012
Leon ... thank you so much again
just to clarify in my mind something about this ... my new partner is afraid of this professional couple. They said they will call the police if she leaves them. That brings up the question of who is in the wrong here? Is it my new partner for working illegally? or is it the professional couple for having my partner work for them without a work permit? She is genuinely afraid of being deported if this couple call the police. I think the best solution is for me to sponsor her and/or support her on her visitor's visa or a new visa if needed. If a new visitor's visa is needed , how much time does it take to get that approved? and without risking the professional couple trying to deport my new partner in the process?
In any event I'm gonna see an immigration lawyer ASAP , I feel my new partner has been threatened into doing what she's doing. She is so meek and shy and she does not know her rights.

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
computergeek said:
Yes. But it shouldn't matter.
You are right. I was wondering about what evidence (Other than the marriage certificate) did you include to show your marriage/ relationship was genuine so CIC would believe it?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Laurier said:
just to clarify in my mind something about this ... my new partner is afraid of this professional couple. They said they will call the police if she leaves them. That brings up the question of who is in the wrong here? Is it my new partner for working illegally? or is it the professional couple for having my partner work for them without a work permit? She is genuinely afraid of being deported if this couple call the police. I think the best solution is for me to sponsor her and/or support her on her visitor's visa or a new visa if needed. If a new visitor's visa is needed , how much time does it take to get that approved? and without risking the professional couple trying to deport my new partner in the process?
In any event I'm gonna see an immigration lawyer ASAP , I feel my new partner has been threatened into doing what she's doing. She is so meek and shy and she does not know her rights.
What are they going to say to the police if they call? That they have had a babysitter working for them illegally for 4 years, paying her peanuts and having her on call 24/7 and her crime is running away from the situation? I think they would be in more trouble than she would. Yes, she would probably be in trouble if they can prove that she worked illegally but so would they for hiring her.

She could tell them if she leaves that if they are going to call the police and lie about something to cause her trouble, she can lie too. She can also tell them that she plans to sue them for unpaid wages, minimum wage for 4 years, however many hours she has worked. I don't suppose they have been paying her that much. I have no idea if she would actually win a case like that because she was working illegally but it might work to intimidate them. Of course they do not want to lose their cheap babysitter but if they realize that they will lose her anyway and that reporting her will harm themselves just as much, they might think twice.

If she were to get deported, you might have a problem because you would have a hard time living with her for 12 months to establish a common law relationship. That means you would either have to marry which means you have to wait for her divorce and figure out her marital status before you can do that or you could try for a conjugal application which means you must have had a marriage-like relationship for at least a year and be kept apart by immigration barriers and inability to get married.

She could also do this differently. Next time she leaves, she can call them and tell them she is not coming back. She can say that her family in the Philippines needs her to stay, elderly parent, aunt or uncle, sick brother or sister. They will think she is back there and they will have no way of reporting her or getting her deported because she is not in Canada. Also no reason to because it will not bring anything. They have no hold on her.

If she still has a valid multiple entry visit visa, she can then come back with it without them knowing it. If she doesn't have a multiple entry visa, then she can apply for a visit visa herself, even without sponsorship. After all, she's been coming and going for 4 years and as far as immigration knows, she has not overstayed so I am sure they trust her to give her a visa. Sponsorship from a boyfriend is not as good because they may think she will overstay then. Instead, you can put some money in her account so she can show funds of her own if needed.

Then she comes back and moves in with you and stays out of this couples way. They will not know that she is back and can therefore not report her for anything.

Bill 110

Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys i need help again i want to sponsor my wife outland i have read the guides ant forms many times.im ready to start gathering the papers but im waiting for my sons Canadian certificate. I have to include that too on my application or else they say my son has to pass medical exams too.I call the Canadian empassy here in Athens ant they toll me that they dont know when im going to have it im waiting for it one year know.Is there any way i can sent the aplication with out it or sent them a paper writting down that i have apply one year ago.Ant something else i intend to reside in Guebec i have to complete ant submit only the forms IMM 1344 IMM 5540 ant not the other ones right.Thank you ant excuse me for my bad english.

lukektm

Nov 13, 2012
hello everybody.
i am mr. luke from india. i got the PR visa . i want to know if i can show the proof of funds in the form of Travelcard from SBI Bank from India or Axis bank from India. i can load the money in ruppes in india and i can withdraw the equivalent currency from canada from any ATM. i can also get a letter from the bank stating that i have loaded the currency equivalent to canadian dollars. i can take the balance statement from any ATM counter. will the immigration officer accept this as proof of funds.
has anybody shown this method as proof of funds. or should i take a Demand draft or Travellers cheque.

can someone please help and advice me on how to proceed.

with regards,
Mr. Luke

Laurier

Dec 6, 2012
thank you Leon .. again
I think the best thing is to go see an immigration lawyer. I'll make an appointment tomorrow and have her accompany me. Knowledge is power and she needs to have that power inside her. This woman has been used all her life. It makes me angry. It's time she takes ownership of her own life and future.

Faraholayyan

Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman, jordan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/19/2011
AOR Received.
09/29/2011
File Transfer...
03/16/2012
Med's Done....
05/16/2011
Hello! please help!

I got in contact with the mp of my area and he informed me that our medical was expired, i has already known this but no other information was provided from him. I was told my husband can do it and have it sent in

BUT
But when my husband went to get the medical exam done once again. He was told they would not be able to do it because they need the medical exam number of the first exam he did. They gave him an option to do it and receive and new medical exam number but we did inquire with lawyers regarding this and we were informed a different number would effect our application because it would not match the first. and he was also informed that in order to redo the medical exam properly he would need the official request with the immigration that is stamped with the request.
Because we have heard contradicting information, my inquiry is whether or not he would be able to do the medical exam with a new number and it wouldn't effect anything or should we wait for the request from the government for it?

I have tried to look online and there is no information about it and the call centers are extremely busy with an hour wait time which i dont for due to my school and work scheduled

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Laurier said:
The professional couple have violated the law - they are subject to substantial fines for knowingly hiring an illegal. They are now further compounding this by using extortion against that person. I'd recommend they DO call the police - they'd be creating at least as much trouble for themselves as for your partner.

Further, employers of illegal workers are still bound by the provincial laws as well (and remember, provinces have nothing to do with immigration). The kind of behaviour of this couple is a serious problem AND it is something that the government has tried to crack down on - punishing the victims (the exploited illegals) is not consistent with Canadian concepts of fairness. So she broke the law, yes, and she has to face the consequences of that, but they ALSO broke the law and are actually making their own transgression worse by their conduct.

An immigration attorney is a good idea.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lukektm said:
hello everybody.
i am mr. luke from india. i got the PR visa . i want to know if i can show the proof of funds in the form of Travelcard from SBI Bank from India or Axis bank from India. i can load the money in ruppes in india and i can withdraw the equivalent currency from canada from any ATM. i can also get a letter from the bank stating that i have loaded the currency equivalent to canadian dollars. i can take the balance statement from any ATM counter. will the immigration officer accept this as proof of funds.
has anybody shown this method as proof of funds. or should i take a Demand draft or Travellers cheque.

can someone please help and advice me on how to proceed.

with regards,
Mr. Luke
A current bank statement showing the balance and the equivalent amount in CAD (I use xe.com online) is sufficient.