IELTS Request
N.A.
File Transfer...
15th Jan, 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
28th feb, 2013
I have paid the requisite fee by online payment method for sponsoring my spouse and have taken two printouts of the blank reciept. Now I am confused about which details to fill. Like I am sponsor do I have to fill my name, Date of Birth, Address & Telephone no. on the printed reciept or do I need to fill the details of the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT who is my wife and whom I am sponsoring.

Urgent reply needed.

bistro85

Nov 30, 2012
Leon said:
If you get a new LMO and a new work permit as a cook, your wife can apply for an open work permit based on your work permit at the Canadian embassy in her home country. She still needs to prove that she will not overstay in Canada. If immigration thinks she will overstay, they will still not give her a permit.
Wow thanks for that reply.so do you have an idea how long will it take for the process?and how can she prove that she will not overstay?sorry for many questions.im kinda torn between two options right now.specially hearing that there is a chance that ahe can be denied.

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
lucky4canada said:
I have paid the requisite fee by online payment method for sponsoring my spouse and have taken two printouts of the blank reciept. Now I am confused about which details to fill. Like I am sponsor do I have to fill my name, Date of Birth, Address & Telephone no. on the printed reciept or do I need to fill the details of the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT who is my wife and whom I am sponsoring.

Urgent reply needed.
You fill it out with your information, the sponsor.

laurelle

Jul 6, 2012
I am filling out form IM1344 and it is asking me if I (sponsor) have been married before. YES 3 times...but where do I list all these names and dates of marriages ect?

eddycanada

Dec 4, 2012
Hi computergeek or anyone else

Ive been a silent wanderer on this for for some time now. Im pretty satisfied with you expertise and would like to pose this question to you.If there is anyone else who can help please dont hesitate

My wife is sponsoring me inland. My consultant filled all of our forms. A few months later I realized that we had made a mistake on the forms. In the background check section, where it says " have you ever been incarcerated, arrested or put in jail" I answered "no". However I was arrested but given a conditional discharge. Around 3 months before we received the AIP my consultant sent in the amendment. After the AIP my file was transferred to the local office for further assessment. Do you think that CIC still considers the mistake a misrepresentation?. I sent my RCMP fingerprints as per cic request a few months after the application was submitted. The fingerprint report did state that I was discharged. So you think this spells trouble still...??????......:(....

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
laurelle said:
I am filling out form IM1344 and it is asking me if I (sponsor) have been married before. YES 3 times...but where do I list all these names and dates of marriages ect?
Me too :) We had several questions where there was not enough room on the form. Wherever you need more space, put it on another sheet of paper. Always put your name and date of birth at the top (sponsor name if it's extra to a sponsor form and applicant name if it more to an applicant form) and put the form number and the question number. Put the extra page right after the applicable form in your package. We also signed our extra pages, but I have read here that other people didn't and it seemed to be ok, too. For my other marriages, I put the details in the same order/format as on the form.

Good luck with you application!
Annie

H

hiabbydear

Hi,

I need some help.

I need to file my common law file in New Delhi, India. I was in Canada and I met my girl friend and we lived almost more than 12 months now. I was deported from Canada because my visa was expired.

We met last year in Sept 2011 and then moved to new address. We have our Bank account together at same address plus overdraft limit together from same bank.

My driver licence, Credit card bills, Auto insurance, Trips : Pictures and documents, Our daily conversations through Facebook and phone bills, She also visited me India and we went outside trip together.

Plus, our relation declare in Canada income tax too as a common law.

My question is this : what else we require to proof our relation and How long it takes to get ARC from new delhi ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
hiabbydear said:
Hi,

I need some help.

I need to file my common law file in New Delhi, India. I was in Canada and I met my girl friend and we lived almost more than 12 months now. I was deported from Canada because my visa was expired.

We met last year in Sept 2011 and then moved to new address. We have our Bank account together at same address plus overdraft limit together from same bank.

My driver licence, Credit card bills, Auto insurance, Trips : Pictures and documents, Our daily conversations through Facebook and phone bills, She also visited me India and we went outside trip together.

Plus, our relation declare in Canada income tax too as a common law.

My question is this : what else we require to proof our relation and How long it takes to get ARC from new delhi ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
First of all, you don't send it to ND, you send it to CIC-Mississauga. You need a notartized declaration of common-law, I believe it is called. I'm at work and can't look it up for you, hopefully someone else can.

And to be very blunt, you will probably either be called in for an interview, or denied. Your deportation is going to work against you, just so you are prepared for that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hiabbydear said:
I was in Canada and I met my girl friend and we lived almost more than 12 months now.
Are you saying you lived together more than 12 months or almost 12 months? You need an absolute minimum of 12 months to qualify for common law.

The ARC will take several months to process and will extend the overall processing time of your application.

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
HI..if I were to sponsor my future wife inland (she is a LCG with a work permit) and we go back to her country for a holiday while our sponsor and applicant applications have been submitted and are being processed will there be any problems for her returning to canada after we return from our holidays about 2 weeks later?

and when we send in our applications does she also need to send in a OWP application with our package?

john6514520

Dec 5, 2012
hi guys, im new to this forum and would really appreciate some help. I am a permenant resident and work in Canada. My wife recently came to Canada on a student visa. She got the student visa before getting married. We then got married and she then came to Canada. However, at the port of entry, when asked about her marital status, she mentioned she was still single, as she thought telling them she was married would create suspicion since at the time her application for a student visa was submitted, she was single. I have no idea why she did that, as student are not banned from getting married! Anyways, we can't change the past. I am now looking to sponsor her through the inland application process. I am concerned that if we show our marriage in our home country on a date before she entered canada, we might run into issues for misrepresentation at the port of entry. To overcome that, I am thinking of registering marriage in Canada and getting the marriage certificate here and using that for the inland application process. We have been in a relationship for over a year. We have lots of evidence to show our relationship is genuine, lots of pictures, emails, chats, etc. Do you think this is the right way of doing it? or do i have any other options? Any help would be highly appreciated!

bholebabaji

Apr 12, 2010
Re: Spousal sponsorship

I am wondering if someone has any ideas or can help me with a suggestion. I got married in March this year in India. I put her PR application in Sept. The thing is that I have been contacted by someone who claims to be my wife's relative and wishes to be anonymous. I have been told that the marriage was not in good faith and that my wife is having an affair and her intent is to divorce me after she lands in canada. Even though I am skeptic but also alarmed. someone could be doing it out of jealousy or personal animosity or some other hidden agenda. OR on the other hand this might entirely be true. I have contacted my brother about this and he is arranging a private detective to look into this. It might take 6 to 8 months for a thorough and authentic investigation. I want to know if there is any way I can delay the visa process or have it put on hold until I get a report. My situation is so messed up, I can neither tell the visa office the real situation nor can I confront my wife with the facts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

bholebabaji said:
I am wondering if someone has any ideas or can help me with a suggestion. I got married in March this year in India. I put her PR application in Sept. The thing is that I have been contacted by someone who claims to be my wife's relative and wishes to be anonymous. I have been told that the marriage was not in good faith and that my wife is having an affair and her intent is to divorce me after she lands in canada. Even though I am skeptic but also alarmed. someone could be doing it out of jealousy or personal animosity or some other hidden agenda. OR on the other hand this might entirely be true. I have contacted my brother about this and he is arranging a private detective to look into this. It might take 6 to 8 months for a thorough and authentic investigation. I want to know if there is any way I can delay the visa process or have it put on hold until I get a report. My situation is so messed up, I can neither tell the visa office the real situation nor can I confront my wife with the facts. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately there is no way to delay the visa process or put it on hold. If you have concerns, it is probably better to withdraw the application. I don't think you have to tell the visa office the real reason for withdrawing the application. You could say that "due to unforeseen circumstances, my wife is unable to move to Canada at this time - we will submit a new application once these circumstances have changed". Keep in mind that if you withdraw your application, your wife will likely find out.

Good luck.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017

scylla said:
Unfortunately there is no way to delay the visa process or put it on hold. If you have concerns, it is probably better to withdraw the application. I don't think you have to tell the visa office the real reason for withdrawing the application. You could say that "due to unforeseen circumstances, my wife is unable to move to Canada at this time - we will submit a new application once these circumstances have changed". Keep in mind that if you withdraw your application, your wife will likely find out.

Good luck.
You could tell her you've changed your mind about going to Canada and see how she reacts.