Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Fireblade said:
If I may make another question, you mentioned that by going the inland route, she automatically gets the opportunity to stay until a decision is made. Does that mean that she won't need to apply for an extension to stay in Canada after 6 months? Won't she still be regarded as a tourist until she gets AIP? I'm asking because if she can only stay as a tourist for 6 months total, and it takes us 1 month to have her medical exams etc and submit inland, plus 6 months CI needs to subsequently approve me, she'll be here for 7-8 months until getting AIP.
She will be a tourist. The six months is "automatic" for visa-exempt, but may be extended for longer periods of time. Since she has an in process inland PR application, she remains in status as long as she has a pending extension - that is why she should apply for an open work permit or an extension of visitor status WITH the PR application. That is how implied status work.

Just for the record: status isn't actually required for an inland application. CIC allows someone who is out of status to apply for inland PR (with restrictions - no criminality/security issues.)

Fireblade said:
Thanks for your time and interest for my situation. Indeed, I lived in Greece for 12 years before I got married and will be sponsoring my wife after 4 years of marriage in Greece, and after having a baby girl together who I've already applied to obtain Canadian citizenship, as is her right. So it should be an open and shut case but I'm worried about even a 0.1% possibility of getting rejected, so your thoughts and confidence do lift my spirits, thanks :)
17% of outland applications are rejected. 8% of inland applications are rejected. There is always a chance that a visa officer might make an error in processing your file. Equally likely is that you will make a mistake in the application itself. I know someone whose sponsorship was rejected because one of the forms was completed improperly. I suspect the error will be corrected by the IAD appeal process, but it underscores how important it is to review the application until you are 100% certain that it is correct.

I doubt your case will have any relationship challenges. You are right that the security and criminality background checks are likely to be the most challenging part of the application - so that does argue for an inland application.

Good luck!

lukektm

Nov 13, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship. can you please help me with my query

Hello everyone

i am Mr. Luke from India. i have got the PR Visa for my family.i am the principal applicant. ( wife and 3 children). the visas will expire in January 2013. so i want to know if i go alone to canada , then will i be able to take my family later in 2014 by sponsoring them . can someone please clarify this matter for me.
also is there a possibility of getting an extension of My PR visa for my family, because their visa will expire in Jan 2013.

expecting a reply soon

with regards

luke

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spousal sponsorship. can you please help me with my query

lukektm said:
i am Mr. Luke from India. i have got the PR Visa for my family.i am the principal applicant. ( wife and 3 children). the visas will expire in January 2013. so i want to know if i go alone to canada , then will i be able to take my family later in 2014 by sponsoring them . can someone please clarify this matter for me.
also is there a possibility of getting an extension of My PR visa for my family, because their visa will expire in Jan 2013.
You can not get an extension of the PR visa for your family. If they do not land before their PR visas expire, you could sponsor them if you are residing in Canada. You will have to pay the processing fees again. If they are in India, the sponsorship will probably take a few months. Their medicals will most likely have expired before they get their new visas so in that case, they also need new medicals.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
Canadian citizen sponsor US citizen -

Petition filed on October 17 to CPC - M, as of now I only have the Receipt number which got generated when I paid through online.

I have a question now about police certificate

Submitted FBI and state clearance for USA period.
Somehow I missed to submit police clearance for the period stayed in india. Only today got the clearance from Indian consulate. I want to include in the petition .
can I send it with reference to the receipt number or do I need to wait for their letter ?

Let me know what I can do .

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fireblade said:
If I may make another question, you mentioned that by going the inland route, she automatically gets the opportunity to stay until a decision is made. Does that mean that she won't need to apply for an extension to stay in Canada after 6 months? Won't she still be regarded as a tourist until she gets AIP? I'm asking because if she can only stay as a tourist for 6 months total, and it takes us 1 month to have her medical exams etc and submit inland, plus 6 months CI needs to subsequently approve me, she'll be here for 7-8 months until getting AIP.
Once the application is submitted, she gets her implied status which is valid until a decision is made. So if that process takes 7 months, she will be allowed to stay 7 months. If it takes two years, she'll be allowed to stay two years. No extensions will be necessary because the "implied status" gives her an indefinite extension.

Fireblade said:
Thanks for your time and interest for my situation. Indeed, I lived in Greece for 12 years before I got married and will be sponsoring my wife after 4 years of marriage in Greece, and after having a baby girl together who I've already applied to obtain Canadian citizenship, as is her right. So it should be an open and shut case but I'm worried about even a 0.1% possibility of getting rejected, so your thoughts and confidence do lift my spirits, thanks :)
There's always a CHANCE that not everything will be smooth sailing, but I really wouldn't lose any sleep over that. My guess is your biggest delay (and also your greatest source of anxiety) will be in getting the police clearance certificates that she needs. I know that sometimes they take what seems an insane amount of time, but once you have them, everything should move along nicely after that. Just make sure you double - and triple - check your applications before submitting them. The last thing you want is to find out that you have to deal with a six month delay all because of a simple error on your part.

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Good day to all..I just ask about One of the requirement in getting CFO..the NSO marriage license..i just want to ask is that we just get married and the NSO is not yet done so i would like to ask if its allowed only the local marriage licencse?..thanks..God bless.

brenluvkyle

Jun 22, 2012
Hi guys I hope everyone find well..I have a question hope someone will help me I'm a little confused right now..Our representative is asking for the medical receipt, and I reviewed their old emails to us that saying its a green receipt..I don't received a green receipt only the white receipt saying that I paid the medical exam..How can I get a green receipt I already done my medical last july 3 2012 please help me...Thank you.. ???

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
brenluvkyle said:
Hi guys I hope everyone find well..I have a question hope someone will help me I'm a little confused right now..Our representative is asking for the medical receipt, and I reviewed their old emails to us that saying its a green receipt..I don't received a green receipt only the white receipt saying that I paid the medical exam..How can I get a green receipt I already done my medical last july 3 2012 please help me...Thank you.. ???
Hey,

NOrmally when you went to the DMP he should have given you a form, with your picture on it, and his signature, to say that you have done the medical exams. It's this paper that you need to include in the application because it has a unique file number - so you don't send the results with the application but only the proofs that you took the exames, and the results are sent to your Visa Office, where they "wait" for your file to arrive - to be able to match them up, CIC needs the "green paper" from the doctor. If you don't have it, contact your DMP as soon as possible to see with them why you didn't get it in the first place.
Good luck,
Sweden

Dec 9, 2009
I have sent application for spousal sponsorship to Mississauga on 21 October which is received by them on 25th October.What will be the implication of new rule on my application, seniors please explain.

Fireblade

Nov 9, 2012
computergeek said:
She will be a tourist. The six months is "automatic" for visa-exempt, but may be extended for longer periods of time. Since she has an in process inland PR application, she remains in status as long as she has a pending extension - that is why she should apply for an open work permit or an extension of visitor status WITH the PR application. That is how implied status work.

Just for the record: status isn't actually required for an inland application. CIC allows someone who is out of status to apply for inland PR (with restrictions - no criminality/security issues.)

17% of outland applications are rejected. 8% of inland applications are rejected. There is always a chance that a visa officer might make an error in processing your file. Equally likely is that you will make a mistake in the application itself. I know someone whose sponsorship was rejected because one of the forms was completed improperly. I suspect the error will be corrected by the IAD appeal process, but it underscores how important it is to review the application until you are 100% certain that it is correct.

I doubt your case will have any relationship challenges. You are right that the security and criminality background checks are likely to be the most challenging part of the application - so that does argue for an inland application.

Good luck!

tuyen said:
Once the application is submitted, she gets her implied status which is valid until a decision is made. So if that process takes 7 months, she will be allowed to stay 7 months. If it takes two years, she'll be allowed to stay two years. No extensions will be necessary because the "implied status" gives her an indefinite extension.

There's always a CHANCE that not everything will be smooth sailing, but I really wouldn't lose any sleep over that. My guess is your biggest delay (and also your greatest source of anxiety) will be in getting the police clearance certificates that she needs. I know that sometimes they take what seems an insane amount of time, but once you have them, everything should move along nicely after that. Just make sure you double - and triple - check your applications before submitting them. The last thing you want is to find out that you have to deal with a six month delay all because of a simple error on your part.
Right, make sure we initially also submit an application for an open work permit. Once we submit inland, my wife and her dependent won't need to apply for an extension to stay, great!

Guys, the info and stats regarding rejected applications is much appreciated, as is your analyses of the possibilities of rejection and the reasons for delays. Your points are good input and advice I should always keep in mind. Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I believe we should go with the inland route.

Thanks again so much to both of you, computergeek and tuyen! CIC's website, while thorough, hardly offers such important information you have provided me, not to mention the insight, tips and experience regarding the whole process and its machinations. And when I tried to obtain more information from CIC, I couldn't because they don't accept phone calls due to "the high volume of calls" they are receiving. So, the services this fantastic website and its forum provide to so many people like me are exceptionally valuable, especially as it has to do with so many peoples' and families' lives and future.

I will be reading the forum regularly - to stay informed - for months or years as getting PR is a lengthy and detailed process (not to mention other topics it covers such as citizenship etc), and of course may have questions of my own and need advice again. I will of course be definitely suggesting this website and its forum to people in need. Thanks again!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
21685 said:
I have sent application for spousal sponsorship to Mississauga on 21 October which is received by them on 25th October.What will be the implication of new rule on my application, seniors please explain.
It is likely that you will be subject to the new conditional PR rules; it depends upon the exact "lock-in" date they assign to your file, as that can be a couple of days later than they received the file. If this is a concern, you could argue with them about the received date, since if they received it on 25 October it would be prior to the effective date of the new change. Check OB 480 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob480.asp) for information about this.

brenluvkyle

Jun 22, 2012
Sweden said:
Hey,

NOrmally when you went to the DMP he should have given you a form, with your picture on it, and his signature, to say that you have done the medical exams. It's this paper that you need to include in the application because it has a unique file number - so you don't send the results with the application but only the proofs that you took the exames, and the results are sent to your Visa Office, where they "wait" for your file to arrive - to be able to match them up, CIC needs the "green paper" from the doctor. If you don't have it, contact your DMP as soon as possible to see with them why you didn't get it in the first place.
Good luck,
Sweden

Thanks Sweden I only received from the DMP is the IMM which is they put your picture on it...But I don't have any green receipt...Thanks again I will give a call to the DMP for follow up and ask them why..Have a nice day..!! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
brenluvkyle said:
Thanks Sweden I only received from the DMP is the IMM which is they put your picture on it...But I don't have any green receipt...Thanks again I will give a call to the DMP for follow up and ask them why..Have a nice day..!! :)
The IMM 1017 is the receipt that is required. It has the unique serial number for your medicals.

Note that this has all changed as of November 1, 2012, so the forms are now different. The Panel Physician (formerly Designated Medical Practitioner) will give you a copy of IMM 1017B (that's the new form). With CIC's move to blank paper forms, it is quite possible that it's no longer one of the fancy pre-printed forms.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob471.asp

gracey10

Nov 13, 2012
Hi im still on open work permit and i want to get married on dec 2012? Is somebody here got same experience with me? Pls reply thank you

JesustheSavior

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
28-11-2012
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi Leon, it seems u are one of the experts and i need to know when a VO sends u an interview letter asking more documents and passports, is that the final stage? is that possible, after an interview, they still ask you for medicals papers ? coz i am thinking it makes more sense to ask medicals or anything before an interview, coz if they ask passports as a part of the documents needed, it supposed to be the final stage. Or not? thanks a lot...