28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mvpardz said:
Hi, just wanted to ask.. I'm sponsoring my husband here in winnipeg, Canada embassy in manila is now asking for his passport and advisory of marraige, how long would it take for my husband to get his passport back?! I'm just so excited to be with my husband again.. Pls guys reply!!
Try the Manila thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-family-class-timeline-manila-visa-office-philippines-t40680.0.html

melouttamegacity

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Request
x-ray req'd - 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Interview........
Waived! Woohoo!
Passport Req..
20-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
mvpardz said:
Hi, just wanted to ask.. I'm sponsoring my husband here in winnipeg, Canada embassy in manila is now asking for his passport and advisory of marraige, how long would it take for my husband to get his passport back?! I'm just so excited to be with my husband again.. Pls guys reply!!
My husband was asked for his passport back in February, and still hasn't gotten it back. I think they won't return it until a decision has been made.

dhijay23

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Febuary 2, 2012
AOR Received.
April 23, 2012
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012
Med's Done....
January 5, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
(DM sept21/12) passport rcvd oct4/12 (visa issued aug18/12)
LANDED..........
Winnipeg :) October 8, 2012
mvpardz said:
Hi im from winnipeg too...im sponsoring my husband to philippines, they asked for his passport back in may2012, and then sept21 decision has been made so i guess visa is on d way already :)

Just to give u idea:) also parehas taunb taga winnipeg sponsoring our husbands :)

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
did anyone here take note of the total number of signatures needed in the form? my husband is about to submit our application tomorrow. we did check it several times. i just want to make sure everything is signed. ;D

SponsorCanada87

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-01-2013
Passport Req..
23-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
27-09-2013
Hi,

Introduction : I sponsored my wife for permanent residency in Canada. We were married in March 2011. I filed in Dec 2011 . File goes to New Delhi CIC office in Feb 2012. I go back to India in April 2012 to see my wife. She had a interview in Aug 2012.

Strange things happened to my wife at interview.

1) Visa officer constantly was playing with my wifes passport like moving up and down. This distracted her

2) Visa officer said "This is unacceptable" to any of the information my wife provided.

This brought my wife into nervous breakdown and she could not say what she was suppose to say.

For example when there was a question about why it took us so long to apply to sponsor. She was about to show a court order on her high school certificate which took almost 3-4 months time but she could not because of VO's rude behavior.

She went so low in harassing her by saying,

1) How my parents are educated enough to make money in Canada so that I can live with her in India. And she tells my wife that she has no excuse to prove her point because I was not with her for 1 year after marriage. (India - Canada is that a piece of joke -i need atleast $4000 to go there once). And I did go to India exactly 1 year after my marriage.

2) Visa officer asked her questions like "how much money does her father in law make ?" and then insults her further how she does not know that.

3) Visa officer asks her why did she not go to the main airport where I landed to see me.( In my country India it is not very safe for women to travel very freely at public places. So my wife came to meet me at local railway station where I was about to stay. )

4) Visa officer asks for chat history 7 years old ? (we had 3 years old this was not enough. who would record something that old. )

I know my relationship is genuine. My case is supported strong with 50 photos of honeymoon + wedding + photos with my in laws + her photos with my in laws. We have long distance chat for last 3 years + phone bills for last 2 years for almost every day. We have hotel bills , joint bank a/c , travel tickets, boarding passes, movie tickets , money transfers , gifts reciepts and almost everything to support a real relationship. Since ours was love marriage unlike arranged marriages in India we did it low profile. I could not cover photographer to take all the rituals (saath pheras) that was my only mistake.

Our file got rejected their actual reason was because CIC thinks our relationship is not genuine and it was primarily done for the purpose of coming to Canada.

My question is Should I Re Apply or go for Appeal ?

If I re apply I am wiling to get re-married and do all the rituals . It will be embarrassment in front of guests but I am willing to do it again and get all the rituals covered and photographed. I am willing to stay there for 6-8 months till her file processes. I am canadian citizen so this should not be a problem. This was the only thing missing other then this I had like all the proofs asked on CICs website.

What is your suggestion anyone ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SponsorCanada87 said:

If I re apply I am wiling to get re-married and do all the rituals . It will be embarrassment in front of guests but I am willing to do it again and get all the rituals covered and photographed. I am willing to stay there for 6-8 months till her file processes. I am canadian citizen so this should not be a problem. This was the only thing missing other then this I had like all the proofs asked on CICs website.

It doesn't matter how much proof you have, they can still refuse if they do not believe that the relationship is genuine. Appeal but at the same time, go to your MP in Canada and ask them to inquire into your case and complain about the visa officers rude behaviour. Get your parents to go to their MP and do the same.

If you want to apply again or your appeal is refused, I suggest you order your CAIPS/GCMS notes to see exactly what the visa officers were thinking so you can correct that. I do not think that getting re-married will help in any way.

SponsorCanada87

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-01-2013
Passport Req..
23-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
27-09-2013
Leon said:
It doesn't matter how much proof you have, they can still refuse if they do not believe that the relationship is genuine. Appeal but at the same time, go to your MP in Canada and ask them to inquire into your case and complain about the visa officers rude behaviour. Get your parents to go to their MP and do the same.

If you want to apply again or your appeal is refused, I suggest you order your CAIPS/GCMS notes to see exactly what the visa officers were thinking so you can correct that. I do not think that getting re-married will help in any way.
Hi Leon,

I tried to talk to MP but no luck. I emailed and then went to his office but front office staff does not consider my request to meet him or help me. My Mps front office staff are telling me to talk to lawyer. I am thinking to email this to Immigration minister itself. If that can help. I just do not want to worsen my case further by taking any wrong steps. Also I know our mayor at personal level do you think mayor can help with immigration or move my MP ?

Also After taking your advice I ordered GCMS notes already before her interview.

Important Notes
Notes Section of GCMS notes

Couple appears compatible in terms of age,education, religion , marital and social background.

Require following documents/information :- photographs of marriage depicting all rituals of traditional hindu wedding

Decision is pending until receipt of above mentioned documents.

ON the next one it states
**recommended for Interview**
PA was advised to submit photographs of marriage depicting rituals as per tradition.
PA has submitted a few photographs of marriage and outings.

I ordered GCMS notes again after interview. I should be getting that in about 3 more weeks.

If this can help you further to solve this puzzle of re apply or appeal ?

Canada22339

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islammbad-Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-NOV-2010
Doc's Request.
8-Feb-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
5-DEC-2010
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
12-Aprail-2012
Interview........
INSALLAH NO...
Passport Req..
18-feb-2013
LANDED..........
18-March-2013
micmac101 said:
Thank you for your email, following our conversation via telephone, I received a call from Immigration Canada, the information that was given to me from the agent that I spoke with is that the file is at the stage of a (selection decision) if eligible to apply in sponsorship category. If the file goes through then they will communicate with Sadiq to ask for medicals, and they will proceed to verification of background check as well. And again I was confirmed that the time frame expected for a decision is November or December, 2012.

Hi all,can someone help me with this above as the MP's secretary wrote me telling me this can sme one be a little more clearer and help me what she is saying. I feel a bit lost.
Thanks
Micmac101
Hello
me just seen this post.Is your Mp told you that your decision will be happned in Nov or Dec 2012?? how your wife get visa in sep.

kindly explain

Thanks

Canada22339

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islammbad-Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-NOV-2010
Doc's Request.
8-Feb-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
5-DEC-2010
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
12-Aprail-2012
Interview........
INSALLAH NO...
Passport Req..
18-feb-2013
LANDED..........
18-March-2013
SponsorCanada87 said:
Hi,

Introduction : I sponsored my wife for permanent residency in Canada. We were married in March 2011. I filed in Dec 2011 . File goes to New Delhi CIC office in Feb 2012. I go back to India in April 2012 to see my wife. She had a interview in Aug 2012.

Strange things happened to my wife at interview.

1) Visa officer constantly was playing with my wifes passport like moving up and down. This distracted her

2) Visa officer said "This is unacceptable" to any of the information my wife provided.

This brought my wife into nervous breakdown and she could not say what she was suppose to say.

For example when there was a question about why it took us so long to apply to sponsor. She was about to show a court order on her high school certificate which took almost 3-4 months time but she could not because of VO's rude behavior.

She went so low in harassing her by saying,

1) How my parents are educated enough to make money in Canada so that I can live with her in India. And she tells my wife that she has no excuse to prove her point because I was not with her for 1 year after marriage. (India - Canada is that a piece of joke -i need atleast $4000 to go there once). And I did go to India exactly 1 year after my marriage.

2) Visa officer asked her questions like "how much money does her father in law make ?" and then insults her further how she does not know that.

3) Visa officer asks her why did she not go to the main airport where I landed to see me.( In my country India it is not very safe for women to travel very freely at public places. So my wife came to meet me at local railway station where I was about to stay. )

4) Visa officer asks for chat history 7 years old ? (we had 3 years old this was not enough. who would record something that old. )

I know my relationship is genuine. My case is supported strong with 50 photos of honeymoon + wedding + photos with my in laws + her photos with my in laws. We have long distance chat for last 3 years + phone bills for last 2 years for almost every day. We have hotel bills , joint bank a/c , travel tickets, boarding passes, movie tickets , money transfers , gifts reciepts and almost everything to support a real relationship. Since ours was love marriage unlike arranged marriages in India we did it low profile. I could not cover photographer to take all the rituals (saath pheras) that was my only mistake.

Our file got rejected their actual reason was because CIC thinks our relationship is not genuine and it was primarily done for the purpose of coming to Canada.

hello:-
i think personally hire a lawyer explain everything give them proofs and file a petition in the court.

Thanks a lot

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Canada22339 said:
Hello
me just seen this post.Is your Mp told you that your decision will be happned in Nov or Dec 2012?? how your wife get visa in sep.

kindly explain

Thanks
I'm Canadian citizen visiting my husband here in Pakistan.

tamtam123

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12- April-2012
File Transfer...
12- July-2012
Med's Done....
20-Feb-2012, Remed in June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-July-2013
LANDED..........
Soon!
Hi everybody... hope everyone is doing well..

I had a question, and would be grateful if I could have some opinions of the forum members..

We applied in April'12 and got the sponsorship approval in July'12, after which the application was sent to Singapore.

Now, we want to send some more information (Ticket + boarding pass of recent visit of my husband to celebrate Eid, photographs of a trip we took while he was here, some more emails, and further 5 months of phone and Skype records)

I have read some people submit letters from parents/ friends about knowledge of relationship. Will this be a good addition to the package? Or should I just avoid it? Has anybody submitted a similar letter and what kind of information should my parents share? I am a little confused..

Thanks

tamtam123

tamtam123

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12- April-2012
File Transfer...
12- July-2012
Med's Done....
20-Feb-2012, Remed in June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-July-2013
LANDED..........
Soon!
Should they share personal information - like how they observed our relationship to be like, or merely a statement of acknowledgement that they are aware of our relationship..

tamtam123

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
Couple of probably silly questions.

1) On IMM1344 - It asks for my UCI/Client ID from when I moved to Canada. I came as a dependent child of a FSW, and the only paper work my mom still has from this is our Record of Landing (IMM1000). I can't see the Client ID anywhere on that paper. What can I do? Can I call somewhere to find it? Would a photocopy of the RoL suffice?

2) On IMM5540 - My employment history, how do I mark down my current position. Do I: A) Leave the "to" section blank B) enter the same date as the date the form is signed C) the end date of my current contract (at the end of this school term)

3) Lastly, the letter my employer provided me has my pay rate, my position, states that although I work contracts I've been with them for over 2 years. They did not include the amount of hours I work per week. Since I'm only sponsoring my husband, I don't need to fullfil a minimum income, is this little detail going to matter?

I know I'm being very nitpicky, but I really don't want anything to go wrong over some stupid detail we overlooked. We're sending the app on October 9th, the day after I return from visiting my husband during Thanksgiving weekend. I really can't wait ;D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bacontoaster said:
Couple of probably silly questions.

1) On IMM1344 - It asks for my UCI/Client ID from when I moved to Canada. I came as a dependent child of a FSW, and the only paper work my mom still has from this is our Record of Landing (IMM1000). I can't see the Client ID anywhere on that paper. What can I do? Can I call somewhere to find it? Would a photocopy of the RoL suffice?

2) On IMM5540 - My employment history, how do I mark down my current position. Do I: A) Leave the "to" section blank B) enter the same date as the date the form is signed C) the end date of my current contract (at the end of this school term)

3) Lastly, the letter my employer provided me has my pay rate, my position, states that although I work contracts I've been with them for over 2 years. They did not include the amount of hours I work per week. Since I'm only sponsoring my husband, I don't need to fullfil a minimum income, is this little detail going to matter?

I know I'm being very nitpicky, but I really don't want anything to go wrong over some stupid detail we overlooked. We're sending the app on October 9th, the day after I return from visiting my husband during Thanksgiving weekend. I really can't wait ;D
No question is ever silly :)

1) If you don't know, write in that space, "see Note 1". Write a letter with the heading "Note 1" and explain how you came as a child with your mother, do not know your UCI from back then and attach a copy of your Record of landing.

2) Write "present" in the 2nd date field.

3) Right, there is no fixed minimum income to sponsor a spouse. However, you can add copies of your last 3 pay slips to give them an idea.