22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by mid December 2016
Hi seniors,
Can anyone switch the case to family sponsorship from fsw?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bishista1 said:
Hi seniors,
Can anyone switch the case to family sponsorship from fsw?
No switching is allowed. If you want to file a family sponsorship application then you'll have to submit a new application from stratch.

mojtaba77

Feb 10, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here. I appreciate it if someone tells me what information GCSM note has and if requesting it delays the processing time? Thanks in advance.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
mojtaba77 said:
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here. I appreciate it if someone tells me what information GCSM note has and if requesting it delays the processing time? Thanks in advance.
It has all the information of what is going on with your file (security clearance, medicals etc) and no, if you request it online it shouldn't cause delays :)

youss

Aug 9, 2012
blondie1216 said:
A technical issue has to do with them, I assume. Maybe machine problem etc. It doesn't sound like it has to do with you however you never know with immigration.
Yes i thought so. We will see? Thank you!

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
lalatata said:
What could be potential scenarios/reasons for not getting back ( delay compared to rest of the folks from the same office) of the Passport with the VISA and COPR for the applicant in New Delhi after a DM shows up on ECAS.

No interview asked, went straight from Application Rcvd to DM.

No additional documents requested either. Address on ECAS shows correctly for both the sponsor and the applicant.

ND High commission usually sends it back within 5-8 days of the DM on ECAS, its been over 15 days now for us and no correspondence from them yet. ECAS usually starts to show the canadian city,province of the sponsor in Canada on the applicant side on ECAS after a DM. That has not happened yet for us.

Post office says no post was received either...

Please advise.
Anyone?!

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
lalatata said:
You may have a better chance asking the New Dehli forum... I am not familiar with delays with passports.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
blondie1216 said:
You may have a better chance asking the New Dehli forum... I am not familiar with delays with passports.
No body in New Delhi forum know... thats why I am posting it here! Forget a scenario of postal service mess up, now lets talk on the DM part itself... what does that really entails.. I know it wont be a mistake.. (rarely on ecas a DM is super seeded by in process or something) Does a decision made means the VISA was issued?? or still waiting ? In case of a rejection, we should have still received the passport back without stamping plus a refusal letter etc... Its just Nothing..

the two doubt I have are the following

In Change of add application on CIC , the sponsor mailing add is empty but the home add is filled in Canada. My mailing and residential add are the same,but only one shows up on online.. same with ECAS, I called CIC and they said yes we have it right and its the same for mailing add so its okay for the other one to be blank... Add of the sponsor is used to decide destination city,province to be put on COPR of the applicant... I wonder if there is any way the CHD ND do not have the sponsor mailing add and hence just waiting .. i would think if they needed something they would not gone all the way to a DM and perhaps requested the applicant to send the mailing add of the sponsor ...but as I said according the CIC call center, the add isssue is not a problem

I ordered GCMS notes about a week before the status changed to DM. I really suspect that CIC was notified to issue notes right around the time it went into a DM and perhaps cause it was on the same day, the officer decided to give my file another BFD so that the notes could be issued and then issue the visa and send back the passport...hence a delay?!

This is too much! I know enough of the system .. may be I am just over thinking .. but anyone have any ideas? There has to be a reason for the delay in getting back the passport after a decision made shows up online....

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
lalatata said:
No body in New Delhi forum know... thats why I am posting it here! Forget a scenario of postal service mess up, now lets talk on the DM part itself... what does that really entails.. I know it wont be a mistake.. (rarely on ecas a DM is super seeded by in process or something) Does a decision made means the VISA was issued?? or still waiting ? In case of a rejection, we should have still received the passport back without stamping plus a refusal letter etc... Its just Nothing..

the two doubt I have are the following

In Change of add application on CIC , the sponsor mailing add is empty but the home add is filled in Canada. My mailing and residential add are the same,but only one shows up on online.. same with ECAS, I called CIC and they said yes we have it right and its the same for mailing add so its okay for the other one to be blank... Add of the sponsor is used to decide destination city,province to be put on COPR of the applicant... I wonder if there is any way the CHD ND do not have the sponsor mailing add and hence just waiting .. i would think if they needed something they would not gone all the way to a DM and perhaps requested the applicant to send the mailing add of the sponsor ...but as I said according the CIC call center, the add isssue is not a problem

I ordered GCMS notes about a week before the status changed to DM. I really suspect that CIC was notified to issue notes right around the time it went into a DM and perhaps cause it was on the same day, the officer decided to give my file another BFD so that the notes could be issued and then issue the visa and send back the passport...hence a delay?!

This is too much! I know enough of the system .. may be I am just over thinking .. but anyone have any ideas? There has to be a reason for the delay in getting back the passport after a decision made shows up online....
I would give them until monday if you have not received anything i would send them a case specific enquiry. I would also contact my MP as a passport is not something to mess around with. That's my two cents on it because I have read of other having their passports gone for almost a month so who know what they are doing...maybe admiring your picture?!??

barthlal

Star Member
Dec 3, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Medical Request 07.06.2011 & Processing Started 09.05.2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
PPR 1 - 30.03.2012 & PPR 2 - 27.04.2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear All,

Does Spouse and kids required to show funds at Toronto airport at the time of 1st landing in canada?

Main applicant is in Canada and landed few years before.

Thanks

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hello guys!
At last my ECAS is not empty anymore but I just want to ask the following which are shown from my ECAS under my status, it says:

DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

and under my husband's status it says:

IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

Sponsor Advised of Eligibility
We are reviewing your application to make sure you meet the CIC requirements for sponsoring a member of the family class.

CIC Forwards Sponsorship Application to MICC
We will send your sponsorship application to the Ministère de l''Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC). They will send you forms for completion.

Return the completed forms to MICC (some must be signed by the person you are sponsoring), along with the necessary supporting documents and applicable fees.

DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Sponsor and Visa Office Advised of Decision Made
If MICC approves your Undertaking, you will receive copies of your accepted application form. MICC will tell you what to do next.

If MICC rejects your Undertaking, they will inform you. You will have an opportunity to appeal this decision

Im a bit confused if they said a decision has been made we don't know yet if it is approved or disapproved? we will know it when we received letter from them?

Thanks!

frozenyogurt

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 19, 2012
AOR Received.
JULY 19, 2012
File Transfer...
JULY 30, 2012
Med's Done....
APRIL 03, 2012
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOVEMBER 21, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 28, 2012 in GOD's WILL THANK YOU JESUS!!!!! ♥
Hello. Just wondering how do we inform the CIC for change of e-mail address. Is there a hotline to call or an e-mail perhaps? Sponsor's old e-mail address is no longer accessible. Please help. TYSM.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
frozenyogurt said:
Hello. Just wondering how do we inform the CIC for change of e-mail address. Is there a hotline to call or an e-mail perhaps? Sponsor's old e-mail address is no longer accessible. Please help. TYSM.
I don't know if this is the right one but give it a try:

mailto:islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=islamabad

AKbus

Aug 10, 2012
Hello guys. I hear the application for permanent residence in canada has been stopped. How true is this?..

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
AKbus said:
Hello guys. I hear the application for permanent residence in canada has been stopped. How true is this?..
not true for spousal sponsorship......parents and grandparents sponsorship is put on hold and currently no applications are being accepted in that category.....some other pr programs have also recently changed as well