+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
Hi Everyone:

My wife will arrive in Canada on Wed, Aug 08, 2012.

My E-Cas changed from In Process to 'Decision Made'

This is my update.
Thank you everyone for your support.

Watson.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 27-Sep-2011
App. Processed...: 08-Dec-2011
Med's Received....: 27-Sep-2011
PR status........: "Decision Made"
PR process.......: 05-Feb-2012
Interview........: ?
Passport Req..: 25-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...: 07-May-2012
LANDED..........: 08-Aug-2012 <----

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
watsonwoo said:
Hi Everyone:

This is my update.

Watson.

Great news! your journey is almost over! Congrats!

virtud

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Good day.... my question is which is the best to send my application form by correir or Canada post, or case processing center in Ontario or the other i think its 2 kelly in Ontario?

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
watsonwoo said:
Hi Everyone:

This is my update.

Watson.

Congratulations

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
virtud said:
Good day.... my question is which is the best to send my application form by correir or Canada post, or case processing center in Ontario or the other i think its 2 kelly in Ontario?
Please get the address of CIC. For a spouse:

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Postal box office, use Canada Post. Use Priority at Canada Post and get it tracked. That's my opinion.

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Good luck.

virtud

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
watsonwoo said:
Please get the address of CIC. For a spouse:

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Postal box office, use Canada Post. Use Priority at Canada Post and get it tracked. That's my opinion.

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Good luck.
Thank you so the best address is 2 robert speck parkway than the CPC, is that right.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
watsonwoo said:
Hi Everyone:

This is my update.

Watson.

contratulations. and considering singapore averages 21 months i have to say you should feel very lucky!!!

enjoy your new life! best of luck

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
watsonwoo said:
Hi Everyone:

This is my update.

Watson.

WOW thats a long processing time.. Anyways, Congrats!

sergey84

Aug 7, 2011
Leon said:
It is possible to get married in Canada and then go home and apply from there. Some of the forms need to be filled out by both of you but your wife has to end up with the whole package and mail that in to Mississauga.

As for getting a visitors visa to come back, it is often hard for spouses to get a visit visa. You would have to prove that it is only a visit and you will return home after your visit. Having a steady job and an apartment in Russia will help you there. Having left Canada when you were told to will also be a + point for you.
Leon, as I understand we could be refused sponsorship either way, from Russia or Canada. And as R151NG5UN mentioned my wife and I can be called for an interview in Russia as well? If we have a right to appeal from Russia. What would make our case stronger?
My fiancée and I are so confused and don't know what's best... :(

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
virtud said:
Thank you so the best address is 2 robert speck parkway than the CPC, is that right.
I believe that 2 Robert Speck Parkway is the better address. Make sure you add: Spousal Sponsorship on the address. And please call CIC to verify this with an agent. You might still have a minimum waiting period.

I myself used the PO box as they instructed and there is a minimum waiting period before they open your parcel.

GIRL29

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuesday, JULY 03,2012 7:55 AM CANADA TIME

Dear Mr. XXXX

Please be informed that on May 07,2012,we sent a request for additional documentation which include medical instructions to the applicant.We have not recieved the requested documents to date.

We trust this information of assistance

Sincerely,

Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada, Manila-Ambassade du Canada,Manille
Level 6,Tower 2,RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200,Philippines
Fax:(632)843-1094
www.philippines.gc.ca

What should i do now since i have not recieved the letter from the embassy,.Do I have to undergo medical and take this email message to the Dr.?Or do i have to wait again for the request letter?Can someone helped about this sitaution?Once again thank you

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
watsonwoo said:
Hi Everyone:

This is my update.

Watson.

So happy to hear this may GOD bless you both with so much happeness

sergey84

Aug 7, 2011
computergeek said:
At a minimum, you should fully expect to be interviewed and they will ask all of these questions and more. That means your application is going to take a very long time. In addition, there is now the new five year bar for sponsoring anyone new AND the impending two year relationship requirement (ergo, you must remain together for at least two years after you become a PR in order to retain your permanent residency.)

So scrape together every shred of evidence you can - chat logs, pictures, facebook posts, letters from family and friends. If you DO get married, make sure you do it as well as possible under the circumstances because CIC is going to scrutinize you quite a bit. If you can afford it, I would find a good immigration attorney to represent you because your case is very likely to become complicated - you can wait until it does, of course, but someone with quite a bit of experience in complex spousal cases such as yours is likely to improve your odds.
Thank you for the info.
I don't mind the 5 year bar and a 2 year living together rule after the PR is granted. I'm marrying to spend our lifetime together.
God, is it really happening? Thank you, Immigration Canada for dictating how(big ceremony with lots of friend and relatives) and when(2 year courtship) a couple that love each other should get married!
What if I don't want to wait 1 or 2 years to get married? What if some relatives are disagree with the marriage? Then it's better not to get married at all and wait until relatives are ok with the marriage and it's been 2 years since we met? My parents got married despite their parents were against it and still together after 30+years being married.

I have tons of evidence, even though we've known each other for 3 months (over 500 pictures together, over 3000 text messages, receipts from restaurants and trips together, joint accounts, rental agreement, we live together). But that may not be enough for them, as someone received this and was scheduled an interview:

"Proof of relationship is standard package of photos & communications familiar in this office. Lack of documentary proof demonstrated combined joint affairs to the extent that reasonable person would expect of a couple spousal relationship, nor demonstrate the level of interdependence expected to such a relationship. Recommendation: Further examination."

or this:
"Short courtship, age difference, ethnicity difference. Is relationship genuine?"

I don't mind being interviewed, but wait for it 2-3 years is absurd.
To be honest, I'm considering just going back to my country and trying to get a working visa, so I can come back and reunite with my fiancée and work. I don't know if that's the right move, but not being able to work and rely on my fiancée's income for 2-3 years will make me miserable.

Still can't believe CIC is pushing me to wait for my marriage. Where are human rights??? I guess in the system like this there are rules only. I did know that love and marriage should go by the rules... Oh, Canada... Beautiful land, nice people, BUT who made the rules?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sergey84 said:
Thank you for the info.

I don't mind the 5 year bar and a 2 year living together rule after the PR is granted. I'm marrying to spend our lifetime together.
God, is it really happening? Thank you, Immigration Canada for dictating how(big ceremony with lots of friend and relatives) and when(2 year courtship) a couple that love each other should get married!
What if I don't want to wait 1 or 2 years to get married? What if some relatives are disagree with the marriage? Then it's better not to get married at all and wait until relatives are ok with the marriage and it's been 2 years since we met? My parents got married despite their parents were against it and still together after 30+years being married.
I'm well aware of this complexity - it was a serious concern for our application as we have several factors: a significant age difference, a significant income difference and the fact that my spouse's family didn't even know we were married (they do now, as of last Friday), in addition to my previous refusal (the grounds for which do not apply for sponsored spouses). But we had documentary evidence stretching back almost four years including e-mails and chat logs showing its evolution and ultimately that did seem to do the trick (I have been told, via an unofficial back channel, that in fact our application was given additional scrutiny due to these factors but apparently the evidence we presented was sufficient to convince them this was genuine.)

It IS frustrating, but we've seen cases of marital fraud reported in these very forums and it is quite sad. CIC must find a balance between recognizing legitimate marriages and relationships and marriages of convenience. This, sadly, leads to the situation in which innocent couples are punished for the perfidy of fraudulent couples, but that's the way our world seems to work: better that 10 innocent couples suffer than one fraudulent couple get through the process.

You are at least from a low fraud country. I feel sorry reading some of the cases of people from high fraud countries because it does take years for them to get through the process, with interviews and denials and appeals and ADRs. I read one case within the past week of one couple who have lost their last appeal (their judicial review application of their IAD decision). But being from a low fraud country you have a shot of at least convincing them that you aren't trying to stay because life back home would be so much worse (ironic that desperation to escape home makes you seem more suspect.)

It isn't fair and it is incredibly frustrating. But all you can do is submit to the process and do your best to convince them that you have a legitimate relationship.

Good luck!

laurelle

Jul 6, 2012
I am a Canadian citizen and my American fiance is living with me here in British Columbia. He is here on a six month vistor visa. I hae been living in Washington State for the last 9 and 1/2 years and we just moved to B.C. March 31, 2012. I have just started my own business here and do not have Income Tax to show for the last almost 10 years. Is this going to be a problem when it comes to sponsoring my fiance? How do I go about applying for an exstention on his visitor visa? He would love to be able to work with me at my business but that goes against all the rules!!! Any help would be appreicated.