Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Christine08 said:
Thanks KJG! I hope u get ur visa soon! :)
I hope so....but I think I have a little while to wait yet :(

Christine08

Apr 13, 2012
Cebu, City Philippines 6000
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-December-2011
Doc's Request.
19-March-2012
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-February-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-February-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-October-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
letter date: 19-March-2012 received April 11,2012 in regular mail.
VISA ISSUED...
08-May-2012
LANDED..........
soon on September 26, 2012 YAAYY!!!!!
KJG said:
I hope so....but I think I have a little while to wait yet :(
Awhhh I'm sorry to hear that I know how difficult to wait these long. I hope you get it soon like really soon. Dont lose hope though ok? Keep on praying for that! :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Christine08 said:
Awhhh I'm sorry to hear that I know how difficult to wait these long. I hope you get it soon like really soon. Dont lose hope though ok? Keep on praying for that! :)
I will...thank you so much!!! ;D

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Hello everyone,
I received my GCMS notes last week. It is printed on May31. Is there any one who can explain me the word POV and CBO?
Last notes in April 10, 2012:
File reviewed. Relationship bonafied.No adverse info found. I am satisfied PA is a member of a FC. MEL: Pls POV. CBO: __C Decision.( The word before decision was not clear)
Assignment due date : July 1, 2012
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
Criminality: Not started.

They last updated on May 28, 2012. Incoming documents: IMM 1344 and 1283 for Sonsor. They requested and received at the same time.
I am really worried how long it may take to get my PPR. Is there anyone who can understand the note?

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi,

Just curious..... but has any sponsor here or someone that knows of a sponsor been rejected during the first phase?

What do you do in that case? Right of appeal or end of story?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
marcopolocan said:
Hi,

Just curious..... but has any sponsor here or someone that knows of a sponsor been rejected during the first phase?

What do you do in that case? Right of appeal or end of story?

Thanks
Sure - we occasionally see people here who have been rejected during the sponsorship approval phase of the outland process. What you do in this case depends on why you were rejected. Sometimes there's good reason to appeal - sometimes there isn't and it's just best to re-apply once the reason for refusal has been dealt with.

sergey84

Aug 7, 2011
Hello Leon,
My fiancé and I are going to get married after only meeting each other for 3 months.
The reason being is that I lost my status and have to leave Canada, but we love each other and want to have a family together.
Background:
Came to Canada as an ESL student, extended it 2 more times(was denied the 3rd time - restoration+student visa)
Applied for FSW3 in 2010, was refused in 2012 because of lacking 5 points.
My fiancé(been PR for 2 years) and I met on-line and have an incredible chemistry and she wants to sponsor me and create a family in Canada.
Considering the short courtship(3 months), racial difference(she is Asian, I'm European){we both communicate in English though}, age difference(she is 21, I'm 27), her parents are not approving the marriage(they think I'm a fraud), Denial of my student visa and FSW applications. What are the chances for her to be approved as a sponsor?

I did some research in manuals OP2, which is a manual for assessing Canadian Inland Sponsorship applications.
Everything is pointing that our marriage will be assessed as "Marriage of convenience". But it's not! Our relationship is genuine even though we've known each other for 3 months only. We are now living together and are planning to have a wedding later this month.
But my concerns are if the Immigration Officer will be in doubt that our relationship is genuine. And he might, considering all the factors listed above. He/She will then call for an interview, which can take 1-2 more years without me working and possibly being removed from Canada and my future wife. Also, if they decide that our marriage is "Marriage of convenience", another words fraud. Then her citizenship application might be in danger.
We have a lot of evidence that our relationship is genuine: tons of pictures in 3 months, trips together, receipts from restaurants, messaging history(sometimes inappropriate ;)), pictures in public with friends, joint account, shared rental agreement, etc.
But that may not be enough because I heard, you have to know each other for 1-2 years before you apply for Spousal Sponsorship. So that the Immigration Officer believes that your relationship is genuine.
The steaks are too big to jeopardize her citizenship, me being banned, and us being separated for years. We don't want this to happen and go through an appeal which might take also a long time.

Please, Leon and seniors. Your thoughts on my situation? What do you think I should do?

Thank you in advance.

livelife

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
hi Sergey,
If I were the VO, my first point of suspicion is that, why it has taken this late for you to have a relationship with your fiance? You have been in Canada since 2010, right? Do you know your fiance long before you were denied entry when you applied for 3rd visa extension? Or did you cram to find someone you can marry after being disallowed entry in Canada just to be able to stay in Canada?

I think these questions will be in the VO's mind in assessing your application. After all, the VOs are seasoned fraud detectors. Just my few cents.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sergey, nobody can say for sure that they will refuse you just because you have only known each other for 3 months. It depends on how much evidence you have of your relationship etc. However, having a genuine relationship is not the only criteria. A fairly recent rule change allows them to consider marriages of convenience even if the relationship is believed to be genuine but it is believed that marriage was entered into solely for sponsorship. You have to show that you love each other so much that you really wanted to marry each other regardless.

Even if you are refused, it will not affect her citizenship application. Would you be deported and banned, possibly but I believe if you are refused and leave of your own accord, you would not be banned. However, what is your status now? You say you have been refused a study visa and must leave? You realize that if you stay and apply inland, it will look to the VO like a desperate attempt to stay in Canada by any means.

What are you planning on doing for your status as you apply? Are you going to request that your status will be restored to visitor? You realize that inland even when it goes well takes 11 months for first stage approval and to get an open work permit during which time you will be unable to work or study. If an interview is called, you are right, it can take an extra year or two to get there. You may be better off going home after your wedding and applying outland. You will be separated but depending on where you are from, the processing will probably be faster and if you are refused, you would be able to appeal.

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Hi all,

We a re about to apply for sponsorship, and I have a couple of questions (want to make sure I am doing the right thing).

1. I need to send all the forms - both on my side (sponsor) and my spouse (sponsored) to Mississauga, and they will forward my spouse's forms the embassy in charge internally, correct?

2. Since she will be applying from a country other than her native (where she is currently enrolled in a university program), do I need to send to some extra docs to justify why she is asking her file to be looked at another embassy? Can't find anything on the CIC website :(

Thanks all !!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohliuw said:
1. I need to send all the forms - both on my side (sponsor) and my spouse (sponsored) to Mississauga, and they will forward my spouse's forms the embassy in charge internally, correct?

2. Since she will be applying from a country other than her native (where she is currently enrolled in a university program), do I need to send to some extra docs to justify why she is asking her file to be looked at another embassy? Can't find anything on the CIC website :(
1. Yes

2. There are two places on the forms where you fill out the visa office, the IMM0008 Question 4 and they also ask in 13 what is her country of residence and her status in that country. And in the checklist, it says: "If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa or residency permit for the country in which you currently reside."

SIMRAN786

Jul 5, 2012
my brother filed application to sponser his wife from india . my sister in law got phone call from delhi embassy to pay landing fees . my brother paid same day on june 12 ,2012. now she got phone call from delhi high commission that they will issue her visa when they will get confirmation from mississuaga. and it takes 4-6 weeks. but the problem is her medical going to expired on july 21,2012. what we should do we even faxed reciept to mississuaga and delhi too ?????

sergey84

Aug 7, 2011
livelife said:
hi Sergey,
If I were the VO, my first point of suspicion is that, why it has taken this late for you to have a relationship with your fiance? You have been in Canada since 2010, right? Do you know your fiance long before you were denied entry when you applied for 3rd visa extension? Or did you cram to find someone you can marry after being disallowed entry in Canada just to be able to stay in Canada?

I think these questions will be in the VO's mind in assessing your application. After all, the VOs are seasoned fraud detectors. Just my few cents.
I met my fiancé in person 2 weeks before I was denied my restoration+student visa. I don't know if that's gonna be enought for them.
We would not get married that fast if I did not have to leave Canada. I admit it. But that's not only because I want to stay here. That's mainly because I want to be with her. How do I prove that?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sergey84 said:
I met my fiancé in person 2 weeks before I was denied my restoration+student visa. I don't know if that's gonna be enought for them.
We would not get married that fast if I did not have to leave Canada. I admit it. But that's not only because I want to stay here. That's mainly because I want to be with her. How do I prove that?
At a minimum, you should fully expect to be interviewed and they will ask all of these questions and more. That means your application is going to take a very long time. In addition, there is now the new five year bar for sponsoring anyone new AND the impending two year relationship requirement (ergo, you must remain together for at least two years after you become a PR in order to retain your permanent residency.)

So scrape together every shred of evidence you can - chat logs, pictures, facebook posts, letters from family and friends. If you DO get married, make sure you do it as well as possible under the circumstances because CIC is going to scrutinize you quite a bit. If you can afford it, I would find a good immigration attorney to represent you because your case is very likely to become complicated - you can wait until it does, of course, but someone with quite a bit of experience in complex spousal cases such as yours is likely to improve your odds.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Amy

GCMS is at its early stage and not many have been able to decrypt its languages.
Still your GCMS shows you have passed some crucial parts

MEL: Pls POV. CBO: __C Decision.

might indicate that an officer has directed another officer to carry on POV and give a decision by the due date which is July 2012.